Rev. Annie Lawrence, NYC Wedding Officiant

Rev. Annie Lawrence, NYC Wedding Officiant

Interfaith Minister & Wedding Officiant

Soho
New York, NY 10012 | map
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Cere...
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Reverend Annie was great. My husband and I were VERY nervous going into the ceremony, but she was calm and soothing. She took us through the ceremony alone, and that really put our minds at ease. During the ceremony she was thoughtful and poised, and really verbalized what we wanted people to know about our union. She was also very supportive leading up to the big day, with thoughtful texts and voicemails.

• Wedding: 11/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We cannot say enough good things about Rev. Annie. In addition to being the embodiment of non-denominational spirituality that we were looking for in an officiant, she is also incredibly professional, punctual, helpful, caring, calming....the list could go on and on. She helped us to build a ceremony that truly represented who we are as a couple and the love that we have for one another, and did so in an incredibly patient manner despite us constantly making changes. She was calm yet detail oriented & organized while leading our rehearsal and during the nerve-wracking period prior to the ceremony; knowing she was there really helped to put our minds at ease. Our fairly religious families were initially a bit hesitant about a non-denominational wedding, but commented afterwards that it was the most beautiful, spiritual ceremony they had ever witnessed, and we feel the same. She is also just an incredibly interesting person who was fun to talk to and to get to know. Thanks, Rev. Annie - you're the best!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Amazing - what a find! We were from out of town but found Annie via a referral. It was like finding a lost part of our soul. She instantly became a part of our family from the first skype meeting! Many folks commented after the ceremony about how amazing she was and inquired about how many years we had known her. She incorporated our life, family and spirituality into the perfect ceremony. We met with her several times prior both on skype and in person and she guided us through the process. She incorporated our feedback and patiently took on multiple iterations to get us to OUR ceremony. Thrilled beyond words that she was a part of our ceremony and now forever a part of our lives.

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
Paul
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev. Annie helped make the planning of my surprise wedding vow renewal to my husband simple and easy. It was a wonderful day for me and my husband. She captured so much of our life within the ceremony based on questions she asked me throughout the planning. I would definitely recommend her to everyone!

• Wedding: 11/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev. Annie is one of the most amazing people we have ever met! She has one of the kindest and sweetest spirits we have ever been fortunate enough to be around. Although we may have had cold hands in Central Park in November we had warm hearts because she made sure our day was incredibly memorable, special, and specific to us. All of our guests commented that the ceremony that Rev. Annie performed was the most beautiful and "couple specific" wedding ceremony they have ever heard. There was not anything generic about the ceremony she created. We are so very thankful that we had Rev. Annie perform our ceremony! She is truly one of a kind and the perfect person to officiate any and couple’s wedding!!!

• Wedding: 11/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding day was perfect and one we will remember for the rest of our lives thanks to Reverend Annie. After a very last minute email request seeking Annie's services to officiate our wedding with just 5 days notice, we were very happy and relieved to receive her prompt and enthusiastic reply stating that she was able to accommodate us, despite having another wedding booked earlier on the same day. You would not know that she had just arrived from another wedding, because Annie was completely composed and professional and was able to coordinate our small party without any pre-discussion or planning and set a beautiful mood and ceremony. We provided Annie with some details about ourselves two days before the ceremony, and Annie was able to craft this information into a very personal and touching ceremony that she delivered with her joyous, friendly manner. Her delivery of the ceremony was the greatest surprise and brought out the emotion in us both and elevated our wedding day to something that was incredibly special. Annie made everything straightforward, provided advice and took care of all the official paper work. I highly recommend Annie and thank her for making our day truly memorable.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We eloped last week and were married by Reverend Annie Lawrence. She was excellent. We communicated with her a lot prior to the elopement (from Australia) and she was always readily available and responsive. On the day we immediately felt at ease, she was very genuine and sincere. She conducted a beautiful, intimate ceremony and we were so happy with her services. I cannot recommend her highly enough. Just perfect.

• Wedding: 10/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rev. Annie Lawrence made our day so special. Her joy for what she does and the calmness she brought to my husband and I on our special day was much appreciated. She was wonderful to work with. Highly recommend!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We attended a wedding last year that Rev. Annie officiated and because it was so memorable and nice, we decided to use her for our ceremony. Rev. Annie graciously welcomed everyone and immediately made everyone feel relaxed on what could be a nervous day. A few months prior to our wedding, Annie send us several drafts for us to look at and we were able to communicate and work together on crafting the perfect ceremony. Her service was just the right length, not being to short, and all of our guests loved the thoughtful and personalized service. Everything was quite detailed with every detail taken care of by Rev Annie.
It was simply amazing and we couldn't imagine anyone any better! A true treasure!

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are a New Zealand couple who eloped to New York in September 2014 and had the privilege of having Reverend Annie officiate our day. There aren’t enough words to describe how perfect Annie is! We chose her from her online description and her hundreds of amazing reviews and she was a superstar from the moment we met her on skype. Annie made us feel supported every step of the way and helped us create an amazing one of a kind ceremony that we and our guests loved. We highly recommend Annie to anyone getting married, she truly deserves a 10 star rating!

• Wedding: 09/18/2014

• Wedding: 09/18/2014
Chelsea & Theresa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I don't know where to begin with this review. First of all, I don't normally write reviews but I want everyone to know and read about Annie. If you're reading these reviews because you are planning a New York wedding and need an officiant then stop right now, look no further - Annie is for you. I promise you from the moment you make contact with Annie you will not regret it. I was planning a New York wedding from Scotland and found it hard to make decisions on vendors without meeting them but as soon as I reached out to Annie I felt like I'd known her for ages, She was very quick at replying to my emails and helpful in answering all my questions. Punctual for our many Skype calls always with a huge smile on her face. We were made to feel like her No 1 client even though she was probably managing lots of other weddings. She would answer my questions before I even asked and any issues I had in my head about the day (what if it rained, where will we go) she made me feel so at ease, always providing me with a solution and I knew I could trust her. She knew how to manage and deal with me, someone organising an overseas wedding, so well and I can't thank her enough. Annie is without a doubt professional, kind, caring and I promise you, not only will she make you smile and make you feel relax throughout the whole process, but all your guests too will smile and love her. Every single guest at my wedding complimented Annie - she has the most lovely nature and it reflects onto you. She came to our hotel the morning before our wedding to go over everything, which was the first time we met and she was such a joy with us. We can't thank Annie enough, from the bottom of our hearts for making our ceremony one we will never forget. It's nice to know that whenever we're in New York we now have a friend to look up. I can't stress enough - Annie is the best and a true, sincere person!

• Wedding: 09/04/2014
SCW NYC14
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Annie was absolutely fantastic and also very helpful, she showed us what we needed to do during the ceremony and what would happen which made us feel totally comfortable.
We had only spoke to Annie over email as we are from the UK but during the ceremony it was as if she had known us forever, everyone commented on how heartfelt the ceremony was and how it felt like she really knew us. It honestly was the best ceremony I could ever of imagined and was the best day. I can't recommend Annie highly enough. 5 stars for everything xx

• Flexibility: 5.0

She is soulful and amazing! What a great experience having her as our officiant!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Annie officiated our wedding in August and made it such a special day for us. We liked her immediately when we met her, and she was extremely easy to work with in the months and weeks leading up to our wedding. She sent us a draft of our script, after we talked about what we wanted, and she let us edit it completely so it ended up exactly how we wanted it. She was so warm and friendly to everyone she met and made us feel so special on our wedding day. Our friends and family loved our ceremony and someone even said that it was better than a ceremony she officiated herself! We would absolutely recommend Annie to officiate your wedding. She's professional, attentive and will make your day so special!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Words cannot express the warmth Annie irradiates, she is caring, sweet, attentive and has an amazing ability to understand what your feelings are and the vision you have for your wedding. She truly loves what she does.
Thanks so much Annie for helping us make our day an amazing day for us and most importantly our family and friends
Moraima and Rodrigo

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
917-620-6307
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards