Rev. Annie Lawrence, NYC Wedding Officiant

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We loved the service and support we received from Rev. Annie Lawrence.
She made our already special day so much more exciting by reminding us all what our wedding was really about. I loved every minute of our ceremony and at the end when I turned to look our families, found almost every guest to be teary-eyed. Such a special day thanks to Annie's words and spirit!

Services Used: Officiant

There aren't enough stars! Reverend Annie is so utterly wonderful in every way. My partner and I are from SC and got married in Manhattan having only spoken to Annie over the phone. I can't imagine our wedding without her, and I had a nearly endless stream of questions from my guests about how we managed to find someone so extraordinary. (Some asked if she knew us in advance because she is so caring and so earnestly happy for us.) Annie is one of the kindest, most genuine people I have ever met—a sweet, loving and gentle spirit who is absolutely phenomenal at what she does.

She took care of every detail, guided us very gently through every step of the ceremony, handled the timing perfectly, balanced our desire for a simple ceremony with meaningful words, directed the venue and the crowd where we needed her and stepped back when the timing was right. Her words and sincerity and joy shine out, and I hope we get to see her again some day on a future trip.

She truly is a wonder, and we feel so fortunate to have met her, much less to have had her standing next to us on such an important day.

BrinaB
Recently Married

Rev. Annie Lawrence officiated our wedding on April 11th at Seasons Catering in NJ. When we first met with her she radiated a warmth that made my husband and I feel very at ease in her presence. That was one of the most important factors for us in choosing an officiant. She came prepared, with a sample of a ceremony, and she explained that we had complete control over the contents. Annie was extremely accommodating and helpful when we asked her about combining traditions from both of our faiths. (Mine- Jewish and my husband is Roman Catholic). She helped us get in touch with the correct office and person to acquire our marriage license since we don't reside in NJ. She was a pleasure to work with over the past year, and on the wedding day she was superb. My mother, who was hesitant about using a Reverend, said she seemed like part of the family. She gave us some tips and advice moments before the processional. Since our ceremony was going to be non-denominational, with some religious traditions from both sides, we weren't sure if it would resonate with our guests. After the ceremony while everyone enjoyed cocktail hour, my parents told me (as did guests during the evening) that the the ceremony touched them. They loved how genuine the service was, and they said Annie brought a love and warmth to every moment. Annie stuck around for Cocktail hour and the many guests that spoke to her came over to us and raved about her. We got exactly what we wanted from Annie as an Officiant. She was an excellent choice for our interfaith ceremony, and we are thrilled that we got to know her.

Services Used: Officiant

Rev. Annie is so wonderful. She was the most professional person I have worked with in a while. She took the responsibility off our shoulders and allowed us to worry about very little. She is sweet and sincere when she talks and immediately makes you feel at ease. Our wedding day was so much better with her in it. I would highly recommend her to anyone in NYC. Just lovely!

Services Used: Officiant

Having Annie with us to celebrate our intimate destination wedding in NYC was just amazing. Already the preparation and planning showed us that we had made the right decision. She tried to understand our expectations and offered information and advice on everything we needed. As we are from Europe and had to plan everything from far away this was so helpful.
She was able to create an intimate, personal ceremony choosing the perfect words to make this moment special and unforgettable for us. Her honesty and passion made our wedding day perfect, even the snow storm could not change that.. :)
So there is nothing more to say than THANK YOU!

Recently Married

We travelled from Scotland to get married in New York and chose Rev Annie to be our officiant based on the number of positive reviews we had read about her. We could not have asked for a better wedding officiant! In the lead up to the wedding, Annie maintained excellent communication with us and made any adjustments with regards to our ceremony as we requested. She answered our questions in a timely and supportive manner and kept in contact with us right up until the point of the wedding. The ceremony and the delivery of it exceeded our expectations. It was thoughtful, sincere, and compassionate, and it included the right amount of laughter. Annie is extremely approachable and makes an effort to get to know you and your guests. Everyone at the wedding commented on not only how lovely the ceremony was, but also how Annie was able to relax and put everyone at ease. We could not have been happier regarding Annie’s professionalism and her kindness towards us and we know we have now made a very dear friend in New York. Thanks again for making our day so memorable. Fiona & Matt x

Stephen
12/27/2014

My husband and I got married married in New York. And despite the fact that we live in Florida, Rev Annie was able to get to know us via email and phone calls. She was able to capture our sentiments and created a beautiful ceremony. We found her through a recommendation of a friend and could not have made a better choice. She is a genuinely kind and joyful person.

Katie
12/05/2014

From the very first email, skype chats in between and even now a month after the wedding, Rev Annie is always such a kind hearted and warm woman who made our wedding ceremony unforgettable. She was always helpful and informative and we felt at such ease with her it felt like we were getting married by someone we knew. her words for our ceremony were heartfelt and beautiful, she thanked our family and friends for being there and spoke about our daughter such a personal touch! The whole reading was so enotional, there was not a dry eye around. Such a genuine lovely woman, we would without a doubt reccomend her and only wish we could do it all again.

Services Used: Officiant

Reverend Annie was great. My husband and I were VERY nervous going into the ceremony, but she was calm and soothing. She took us through the ceremony alone, and that really put our minds at ease. During the ceremony she was thoughtful and poised, and really verbalized what we wanted people to know about our union. She was also very supportive leading up to the big day, with thoughtful texts and voicemails.

Services Used: Officiant

We cannot say enough good things about Rev. Annie. In addition to being the embodiment of non-denominational spirituality that we were looking for in an officiant, she is also incredibly professional, punctual, helpful, caring, calming....the list could go on and on. She helped us to build a ceremony that truly represented who we are as a couple and the love that we have for one another, and did so in an incredibly patient manner despite us constantly making changes. She was calm yet detail oriented & organized while leading our rehearsal and during the nerve-wracking period prior to the ceremony; knowing she was there really helped to put our minds at ease. Our fairly religious families were initially a bit hesitant about a non-denominational wedding, but commented afterwards that it was the most beautiful, spiritual ceremony they had ever witnessed, and we feel the same. She is also just an incredibly interesting person who was fun to talk to and to get to know. Thanks, Rev. Annie - you're the best!

Paul
11/15/2014

Amazing - what a find! We were from out of town but found Annie via a referral. It was like finding a lost part of our soul. She instantly became a part of our family from the first skype meeting! Many folks commented after the ceremony about how amazing she was and inquired about how many years we had known her. She incorporated our life, family and spirituality into the perfect ceremony. We met with her several times prior both on skype and in person and she guided us through the process. She incorporated our feedback and patiently took on multiple iterations to get us to OUR ceremony. Thrilled beyond words that she was a part of our ceremony and now forever a part of our lives.

Services Used: Officiant

Rev. Annie helped make the planning of my surprise wedding vow renewal to my husband simple and easy. It was a wonderful day for me and my husband. She captured so much of our life within the ceremony based on questions she asked me throughout the planning. I would definitely recommend her to everyone!

Services Used: Officiant

Rev. Annie is one of the most amazing people we have ever met! She has one of the kindest and sweetest spirits we have ever been fortunate enough to be around. Although we may have had cold hands in Central Park in November we had warm hearts because she made sure our day was incredibly memorable, special, and specific to us. All of our guests commented that the ceremony that Rev. Annie performed was the most beautiful and "couple specific" wedding ceremony they have ever heard. There was not anything generic about the ceremony she created. We are so very thankful that we had Rev. Annie perform our ceremony! She is truly one of a kind and the perfect person to officiate any and couple’s wedding!!!

Recently Married

Our wedding day was perfect and one we will remember for the rest of our lives thanks to Reverend Annie. After a very last minute email request seeking Annie's services to officiate our wedding with just 5 days notice, we were very happy and relieved to receive her prompt and enthusiastic reply stating that she was able to accommodate us, despite having another wedding booked earlier on the same day. You would not know that she had just arrived from another wedding, because Annie was completely composed and professional and was able to coordinate our small party without any pre-discussion or planning and set a beautiful mood and ceremony. We provided Annie with some details about ourselves two days before the ceremony, and Annie was able to craft this information into a very personal and touching ceremony that she delivered with her joyous, friendly manner. Her delivery of the ceremony was the greatest surprise and brought out the emotion in us both and elevated our wedding day to something that was incredibly special. Annie made everything straightforward, provided advice and took care of all the official paper work. I highly recommend Annie and thank her for making our day truly memorable.

Recently Married

Annie was AMAZING! We got married on a cruise ship and thus did not get to pick or meet our officiant prior to the day. Annie was so positive and uplifting and personable. She made our ceremony so special and unique to us. I could not have picked a better person to marry us! She drove my husband to tears with her words. I can not sing her praises enough!

Services Used: Officiant

It was a pleasure having Annie officiate our wedding. Leading up to our big day, Annie was very reassuring and comforting as she navigated us through both the planning process and the official legal paperwork we needed to do.

Right before we walked down the aisle, Annie gave each of us a separate pep talk reminding us why we were there, not to be nervous, and some last minute tips.

At the ceremony, her words were beautiful and her emotions were genuine. We had SO many of our friends and family tell us after the ceremony and even weeks later that they thought the ceremony was amazing and Annie was great.

Annie made our wedding so incredibly special. We couldn't recommend her any more highly.