Rebel Belle Weddings

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I’m so happy we found Rebel Belle through Offbeat Bride. We had scheduled our venue and set a date but then realized that we knew nothing about planning a wedding. As soon as I met Laura for a consultation, I felt like I could trust her to see us through, and she fully delivered. In addition to coordinating our big day, Laura provided valuable consulting and advice. She really kept us on track! And her vendor recommendation list was invaluable! Everyone we met through Laura (DJ Pasha, Subrosa Floral, Jessica Schilling Photographer) was great, and we would never have found them without Laura pointing the way. She was also very understanding about all our special needs (i.e. divorced-parents navigation) and guided us through difficult decision making.

In the two weeks leading up to the wedding, Laura was a real superhero, taking over the nitty gritty of the vendor arrangements. And when the wedding day arrived, Laura and the whole Rebel Belle team made sure everything went smoothly and that we had an extraordinary, emotional, and super fun day. When we were about to walk down the aisle (we walked down together), it felt great to have Laura cueing us, smiling as we turned the corner. Throughout the whole wedding-planning process, up until the very end, I was always saying to my fiancé (now husband!) “I’m so glad we hired Laura.” I know I’m gushing but it’s hard to know where to stop: she was incredible, patient, and just the best. With Rebel Belle’s help, encouragement and hard work, we created a day that perfectly expressed who we are. Thank you thank you thank you, Laura and all of Rebel Belle!!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I have to start by saying working with Laura was terrific. She was creative, responsive, and responsible, the last one being very important because I am so busy I dropped the ball - a lot. If Laura had not been there the wedding would never have come off.

From the start, I knew I would need help and I knew I did not want to have a traditional wedding or work with a traditional planner. My husband and I both work full time and together we have three boys from 17 to 5. I dreamed of a super kid friendly wedding that was also a really fun party for the big people. I met with a few wedding planners and immediately I could tell Laura got what I was looking for and she was up for it. The other planners seemed a bit confused and unable to move beyond their ideas of what my wedding should be. I was also on a tight budget, one the other planners said was impossible. Laura said OK, we can do this and through the whole process she kept me to the budget even when I was wandering off track. She was incredibly helpful finding vendors that were in my budget and coming up with ideas to help me save money.

I knew I wanted a kid friendly, adult fun, relaxed summer wedding but I had no theme ideas or great visions. I think I was pretty much a wedding planner's nightmare. But in the end we had the most amazing personalized party ever, including a pirate ship (with surprise pirates) for the kids! Kids and adults alike were in awe of the cannon, ship's wheel, nets, gallows and pirates! What pleased me most of all was that she created this perfect kid space without turning our whole wedding into a pirate party. While I like pirates (not as much as my 5 year old) I did not want a pirate wedding and I was worried that could happen. It absolutely did not.

I enjoyed working with Laura and found her to be thoughtful, caring and supportive. I had a perfect evening and never had a worry, she had it all under control.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Choosing Rebel Belle as our coordinator was one of the easiest decisions we made. Throughout planning, and especially as we got closer to our wedding date, it was clear that choosing Rebel Belle was also the BEST decision we made.

Was Rebel Belle a little pricey for us? Yes. Was working with Laura worth every single penny? ABSOLUTELY! From our first meeting with her about our wedding at the Natural History Museum of LA, we just knew she was the right fit for us. Rebel Belle is the perfect blend of friendly and professional. It is so easy to immediately feel comfortable with Laura, and she also does a wonderful job of keeping you on your toes to make sure you have ALL of your bases covered. Laura makes you feel like she's as excited for your upcoming wedding as you are - and she is! - while also being sure that your plans are logistically sound. She will think of the things that would have never crossed your mind, and that's exactly what you need.

Rebel Belle referred several great vendors to us, and even helped us contact others when there were additional services we needed. Laura was consistently going above and beyond her call of duty and always made us feel supported. With Laura there's no BS - she just tells you like it is. If something you're thinking of isn't going to work, she lets you know, and then helps think of alternatives. You may be a bit disappointed initially, but it's better than being super sad on your big day. That sort of honesty is truly what we wanted and NEEDED while planning, and Laura's straight shooting approach was a breath of fresh air in the "wedding industry."

The day of our wedding was no different from the fabulous work Rebel Belle had done during the planning phase. Laura and her team of Natural History Museum experts were totally on point! Everyone made sure we had what we needed throughout the day, and they took care of vendors and our timeline like nobody's business. We would hire Rebel Belle again in a heartbeat!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

As the groom, working with Laura of Rebel Belle was awesome. She not only understood our off-the-wall ideas but welcomed them and helped nurture them to fruition. Laura was always available to us and consistently made us feel cared for. Whenever anything came up, we knew we could turn to her for her advice and expertise. Even more importantly, Laura's support made it possible for my wife and I to fully enjoy the last couple of months of wedding planning instead of becoming total basket cases.

Through working with Laura, we gained not only an amazing wedding planner/coordinator, but also a fantastic friend. Now we just need another party to plan so we can work with her again!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

At the very beginning, we were a couple of deer in headlights - not knowing the first thing about throwing a wedding. But from our very first meeting, we immediately knew we were in great hands with Laura & Megan and started to get excited about the potential of what this could become.

We are so fortunate that the stars aligned and their schedules (and the Natural History Museum's) opened up for us. This would've been impossible without the Rebel Belle crew. They completely understand quirky, creative people and helped to bring out our 'geekiness' in all its glory. The wedding ended up being something completely us & all of our guests felt that.

We'd thank them a million time over for handling so much for us - from the museum, to all the vendors, to the setup, to the organizing of the entire day. They made our lives so much less stressful than they were supposed to be. We were able to enjoy every minute, and our guests even more so.

Laura Lynn
11/02/2014
3.2

Laura provided an efficient level of service at a reasonable rate. She helped to plan and execute the wedding day so that it ran smoothly, and I am grateful for that. Unfortunately, I am not inclined to recommend her because she was the only of my numerous vendors who me and my family found lacking warmth and a personable touch. I have highly recommended every other vendor we hired. At our rehearsal (which was videotaped and I watched later) i was surprised to notice how much she was rushing us. We did start about 15 minutes late, as we were transporting an aging family member. But it seemed clear that she had another appointment to get to and she wanted us to hurry it along. She also left the venue in a hurry on the day of the wedding and did not offer help with getting me moved out from the bridal room. I was left at the end of the day to lug my own suitcase out from the room (people from the venue intercepted and offered help). Most surprising to me: after the wedding I sent thank you emails to all of the vendors, letting them know how much they had helped make the day run beautifully, and including pictures from the wedding. She is the only vendor who sent no response and no note of thanks for having hired her. I was so fortunate that every other vendor showed exceptional care, kindness and warmth in their approach. Therefore, Laura's customer service was a contrast to my experience with other businesses.

Rebel Belle Weddings responded with the following comments:

August 16, 2015

Dear Laura,

I enjoyed working with you to bring your wedding vision to life last November, so learning that feeling was not mutual via a review posted nine months after your wedding is very disheartening. It’s clear from what you wrote that I failed to meet your needs, and for that I am genuinely sorry.

I appreciate the fact that you chose me as your wedding planner and I am so glad to hear you felt the wedding went smoothly. I was also very moved by the hand-picked necklace and bracelet you gave me in gratitude for the work we did together, which makes this news all the more troubling. I was under the impression we created a wonderful day together. My heart and focus were fully invested in you and your wedding, but clearly that did not carry through. As my review history demonstrates, personalized service is always my main goal. Please accept my most sincere personal apologies that I missed that mark with you, and know that I wish you nothing but the best as you approach your first anniversary.

Laura G. aka Rebel Belle

Mary
10/17/2014

I feel like there aren't enough words to describe my love for Rebel Belle. Some background - my now-husband and I live in Seattle, but planned to have our wedding in Los Angeles. We were both recently promoted, and quickly found that we were too busy to plan the kind of wedding we both wanted. We handed them an incredibly unique list of requirements for our two-day, three event wedding, and they ran with all of it - remotely! There wasn't a single vendor that she didn't get for us from her arrayed list of contacts - caterer, DJ, liquid nitrogen ice cream maker, event rentals, lighting, venue... all of it happened because they made it happen. And it was all seamless.

I am happy to say today that I did not make the stupidest decision of my life by NOT hiring Rebel Belle and selecting their Savior package. When you're hosting a Retro Sci-Fi themed wedding out of state, it is incredibly difficult to manage the transition from LA's Union Station to a living, breathing Space Port. Laura and Megan did just that - we were transported to their vision of our concept wedding, and it was magical.

Whether you're arranging an offbeat wedding like ours, or you are planning a more traditional affair, you can be sure that Rebel Belle will be there to hear you, give you honest feedback on what will and won't work, and otherwise ensure your event is one of the best days of your life. I know ours was. We miss them already. Sniff.

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

The women at Rebel Belle are true professionals.

From the moment my wife and I met Laura and Megan we knew we were dealing with a quality wedding planning company. They took a sincere interest in our event and made us feel totally comfortable to have the party that we wanted. Also, keep in mind, I'm a guy...so wedding planners aren't really in my wheelhouse, but we clicked right away. I enjoyed working with them so much I would probably get divorced, and then re-married just to use them again!

(In this hypothetical situation I'd still marry the same wife...'cause she's pretty awesome too)!

Athena
06/20/2014

ATTENTION BRIDES AND GROOMS ALL OVER THE GALAXY!!!

Question...how much do you love yourself and your future spouse?

When my husband (yay) and I first started planning our wedding we thought “yeah, we got this”. 6 months into our planning I decided that at the very least I wanted a planner to take charge the day of. After doing a ton of research I found Laura and Megan at Rebel Belle. Initially what drew me in was their quirky sensibility and the fact that these ladies looked tough (we knew we were going to need someone to wrangle all our guests). After meeting Laura, we decided not only did we want her for our day of, but also for her full planning expertise. We realized not only did we need, but we deserved someone to barter, bargain and back us up.

Here’s the thing, I was foolish to think that not hiring a wedding planner would save us money to pay for other things, Rebel Belle paid for themselves 10 fold! Within a week of signing the contract Laura hooked us up with a caterer from her VIP vendor list. Not only did her VIP have a better menu than any on our venue’s preferred list but also cost less than the buy out fee and total cost of food combined! Not only were each vendor experts in their field but also truly amazing human beings. Rebel Belle has a posse and you want to get to know them!

I could go on for days about these amazing women, but I’ll cut it short and return to my first question...how much do you love yourself and your future spouse? I’ve talked to many of my married friends and each of them said they were at each other’s throats throughout the planning process. I almost feel guilty. Planning the most amazing day of my life (which it was, so far) with my husband, Laura and Megan was seriously the most fun I had since my party days in college! So if you love your honey, like I love mine, you’ll hire Rebel Belle Weddings. Let go of the stress, stay on budget, get everything you deserve and have the most fun ever!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Laura and her assistant Megan were incredibly professional and a delight to work with. I approached Laura at Rebel Belle because I am a mom and a business owner and control freak who really wanted to let it all go on our wedding day. It was not just a special for me and my husband, but a celebration including all of our closest friends and family. It was incredibly important to me that the wedding had a fun vibe and a good flow. Laura was the solution to all of this. From the moment we first sat down to discuss my vision, to cleaning up the venue at the end of the night, I had her full attention and commitment. She understood what I wanted, had great ideas, was honest about what things cost and what it would take to achieve my perfect day. She was incredibly helpful with advice and recommendations and pointed me to blogs and websites that could give me other ideas and answers. She was quick to respond and no question was too ridiculous. My wedding was more perfect than I ever imagined and if anything didn’t go according to plan, I didn’t know about it, which was just the way I wanted it to be.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Hiring Laura Guerrie and Rebel Belle Weddings was one of the smartest things we have ever done. From the moment she became a part of this event we knew we were in the right hands. She was responsive, skilled, gave excellent recommendations and advice, and was all around a pleasure to work with. The wedding was flawless and we very much appreciated everything that Laura and her team did. It was seamless and no one in the wedding party even knew what was going on behind the scenes, it all flowed. Perhaps there were some trials and emergencies, but we were completely ignorant and grateful.
This event would never have happened without Rebel Belle Weddings and it was one of the most significant days of our lives. We wish we had everything in a little magic box that we could open up and enjoy again.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Laura and her staff were incredibly organized and helpful. After our rehearsal, a handful of our bridal party came up to me to say how great she was. I had a lot of specifics in mind for our wedding, and Laura just took them and made them all happen without a hitch. She went above and beyond, and I am so glad she was there for my wedding. It couldn't have been as perfect without her.

Private User
1+ year ago

Hi, my name is Jennifer... and I'm a control freak. I do marketing and events for a living, so when it came to our big day, I was planning this thing down to the most minute detail... so anyone working with us needed to have a near OCD level of "on top of things." We were also planning a very unique day, one that combined more than TEN different areas of our collective geek passions (Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, etc), so anyone working with us needed to be fluent in geek speak.

Enter Laura and her Rebel Belle team.

There are no words for what a godsend Rebel Belle was for our day. We hired them to consult with us throughout the process,help us with vendors, reign us in when necessary, but more often than not, encourage us to let our geek flag fly and make our ideas bigger and better. As we got down to the wire, Laura (who completely understood my level of obsessive planning) sat me down and said, "Jen, I'm going to need you to give me this wedding, I've got this." And you know what? She and her team had every single detail (from the matching custom centerpiece, chargers and menu card wraps, to the correct placement of the Stormtroopers) flawlessly executed. I was truly able to enjoy the day and didn't worry about a thing (which is no small feat for me). We had a complete trust in Laura and her team to make our day everything we wanted and more, and they went above and beyond.

Laura and her team are brilliant, professional, fun, and truly lovely people (but are tough when they need to be!). We couldn't have done it without them, and recommend that you don't either. :)

Services Used: Wedding Planning

It seemed at the time during my wedding planning process, that I had it all figured out, I had my pinterest board all set up, my magazine pictures cut out, and that book that tells you when to order your cake, dress, favors..and so on. It didn't occur to me at the time, that all these ideas I had planned needed to be carried out by someone the day of the wedding. It was clear that my family wasn't thrilled on my idea of placing a pinned beetle as part of my centerpiece display, so who could I trust to carry out my dirty 1920s meets scientist/entomologist vision? As an avid follower of offbeat bride, I kept coming across some awesome weddings that the rebel belle weddings team was a part of and I told myself, I need to look them up! I was thrilled to discover that they had worked previously at the same venue I had booked and that they understood how complicated working that venue could be. Upon meeting Laura, we instantly felt that we could trust her to help us as a day of coordinator. Both Laura and Megan were responsive to all of my emails and flexible with our meeting schedules. As the wedding got closer, Laura and Megan were on top of our wedding timeline and vendors. No matter how organized you think you are, Laura and Megan brought up great questions that had never crossed my mind during the wedding process, like, "are you roping your dessert bar from the guests?" Because if I don't, there might not be anything left if I plan on doing a photo op. When we would throw last minute changes or surprises, Laura and Megan were quick to organize the wedding timeline. The day of the wedding, Laura and her team were on top of everything, working with our vendors and checking in with us. At the end of the night all of our gifts and wedding props were placed in my hotel room, and we didn't have to stress about anything. Overall, we were very happy and thankful for all of their help and all of our friends and family praised us on a great wedding.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

From the very first meeting I had with Laura, I knew I found the wedding planner for me. That first meeting I mentioned that I wanted to have a unity volcano, and she didn't even flinch- instead she asked what I was planning on doing to make sure the eruption didn't get on the dress. Months later and my fiance was put in charge of the volcano situation and it grew to a volcano with a 8 foot plexiglass case to keep the eruption off of us. Laura made the event coordinator at our venue measure their doors to make sure that it would fit through the doorway.

We got the Hero package which was the day-of plus help with caterer and rentals. I am a full time student and I also work full time so having her deal with all the issues with rentals was so nice. Laura found the best caterer possible for our event. We were able to have a make your own grilled cheese station and a make your own Pho station. It was perfect! Also, Laura managed the rental order and the couple issues we ended up having with the rental company Laura not only fixed the problem but also got some knocked off the final bill.

Laura was also extremely responsive. I would often email her and get a response the same day. She was also very patient with all my hectic crazy bride self the few weeks or so before the wedding. I would call her about a table or a table there and she always had an answer for me.

Laura and her team made the entire day of the wedding run so smoothly. I barely had to worry about anything. (In fact my only worry was whether the unity volcano would actually erupt). She worked well with all the other vendors we hired and was able to wrangle them the day of our wedding. Our evening went off without a hitch thanks to the whole Rebel Belle crew. I cannot thank Laura and her team enough for the wonderful evening we enjoyed.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

We hired Laura from Rebel Belle to help us plan our wedding and we can't even begin to tell you what an unbelievable asset she and her team were. They worked with us through the entire process, taking countless meetings and asking vendors questions we never would have thought of. We had barely started planning when we brought her on and I was already getting seriously stressed, but Laura helped keep everything calm and smooth and on track. Our wedding day was the most fun ever and we couldn't have been happier. Thanks Rebel Belle Team!