Rebel Belle Weddings
Sophisticated event planning with a taste for the unconventional and a penchant for geek chic!
Los Angeles, CA  | map
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly /...

Profile   Reviews (33)   Photos   FAQ   Map
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Athena 4 Reviews
ATTENTION BRIDES AND GROOMS ALL OVER THE GALAXY!!!

Question...how much do you love yourself and your future spouse?

When my husband (yay) and I first started planning our wedding we thought “yeah, we got this”. 6 months into our planning I decided that at the very least I wanted a planner to take charge the day of. After doing a ton of research I found Laura and Megan at Rebel Belle. Initially what drew me in was their quirky sensibility and the fact that these ladies looked tough (we knew we were going to need someone to wrangle all our guests). After meeting Laura, we decided not only did we want her for our day of, but also for her full planning expertise. We realized not only did we need, but we deserved someone to barter, bargain and back us up.

Here’s the thing, I was foolish to think that not hiring a wedding planner would save us money to pay for other things, Rebel Belle paid for themselves 10 fold! Within a week of signing the contract Laura hooked us up with a caterer from her VIP vendor list. Not only did her VIP have a better menu than any on our venue’s preferred list but also cost less than the buy out fee and total cost of food combined! Not only were each vendor experts in their field but also truly amazing human beings. Rebel Belle has a posse and you want to get to know them!

I could go on for days about these amazing women, but I’ll cut it short and return to my first question...how much do you love yourself and your future spouse? I’ve talked to many of my married friends and each of them said they were at each other’s throats throughout the planning process. I almost feel guilty. Planning the most amazing day of my life (which it was, so far) with my husband, Laura and Megan was seriously the most fun I had since my party days in college! So if you love your honey, like I love mine, you’ll hire Rebel Belle Weddings. Let go of the stress, stay on budget, get everything you deserve and have the most fun ever!
Wedding: 06/20/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Laura and her assistant Megan were incredibly professional and a delight to work with. I approached Laura at Rebel Belle because I am a mom and a business owner and control freak who really wanted to let it all go on our wedding day. It was not just a special for me and my husband, but a celebration including all of our closest friends and family. It was incredibly important to me that the wedding had a fun vibe and a good flow. Laura was the solution to all of this. From the moment we first sat down to discuss my vision, to cleaning up the venue at the end of the night, I had her full attention and commitment. She understood what I wanted, had great ideas, was honest about what things cost and what it would take to achieve my perfect day. She was incredibly helpful with advice and recommendations and pointed me to blogs and websites that could give me other ideas and answers. She was quick to respond and no question was too ridiculous. My wedding was more perfect than I ever imagined and if anything didn’t go according to plan, I didn’t know about it, which was just the way I wanted it to be.
Wedding: 05/16/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Hiring Laura Guerrie and Rebel Belle Weddings was one of the smartest things we have ever done. From the moment she became a part of this event we knew we were in the right hands. She was responsive, skilled, gave excellent recommendations and advice, and was all around a pleasure to work with. The wedding was flawless and we very much appreciated everything that Laura and her team did. It was seamless and no one in the wedding party even knew what was going on behind the scenes, it all flowed. Perhaps there were some trials and emergencies, but we were completely ignorant and grateful.
This event would never have happened without Rebel Belle Weddings and it was one of the most significant days of our lives. We wish we had everything in a little magic box that we could open up and enjoy again.
Wedding: 01/18/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Laura and her staff were incredibly organized and helpful. After our rehearsal, a handful of our bridal party came up to me to say how great she was. I had a lot of specifics in mind for our wedding, and Laura just took them and made them all happen without a hitch. She went above and beyond, and I am so glad she was there for my wedding. It couldn't have been as perfect without her.
Wedding: 12/14/2013

Private User 2 Reviews
Hi, my name is Jennifer... and I'm a control freak. I do marketing and events for a living, so when it came to our big day, I was planning this thing down to the most minute detail... so anyone working with us needed to have a near OCD level of "on top of things." We were also planning a very unique day, one that combined more than TEN different areas of our collective geek passions (Star Wars, Star Trek, Doctor Who, etc), so anyone working with us needed to be fluent in geek speak.

Enter Laura and her Rebel Belle team.

There are no words for what a godsend Rebel Belle was for our day. We hired them to consult with us throughout the process,help us with vendors, reign us in when necessary, but more often than not, encourage us to let our geek flag fly and make our ideas bigger and better. As we got down to the wire, Laura (who completely understood my level of obsessive planning) sat me down and said, "Jen, I'm going to need you to give me this wedding, I've got this." And you know what? She and her team had every single detail (from the matching custom centerpiece, chargers and menu card wraps, to the correct placement of the Stormtroopers) flawlessly executed. I was truly able to enjoy the day and didn't worry about a thing (which is no small feat for me). We had a complete trust in Laura and her team to make our day everything we wanted and more, and they went above and beyond.

Laura and her team are brilliant, professional, fun, and truly lovely people (but are tough when they need to be!). We couldn't have done it without them, and recommend that you don't either. :)
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
It seemed at the time during my wedding planning process, that I had it all figured out, I had my pinterest board all set up, my magazine pictures cut out, and that book that tells you when to order your cake, dress, favors..and so on. It didn't occur to me at the time, that all these ideas I had planned needed to be carried out by someone the day of the wedding. It was clear that my family wasn't thrilled on my idea of placing a pinned beetle as part of my centerpiece display, so who could I trust to carry out my dirty 1920s meets scientist/entomologist vision? As an avid follower of offbeat bride, I kept coming across some awesome weddings that the rebel belle weddings team was a part of and I told myself, I need to look them up! I was thrilled to discover that they had worked previously at the same venue I had booked and that they understood how complicated working that venue could be. Upon meeting Laura, we instantly felt that we could trust her to help us as a day of coordinator. Both Laura and Megan were responsive to all of my emails and flexible with our meeting schedules. As the wedding got closer, Laura and Megan were on top of our wedding timeline and vendors. No matter how organized you think you are, Laura and Megan brought up great questions that had never crossed my mind during the wedding process, like, "are you roping your dessert bar from the guests?" Because if I don't, there might not be anything left if I plan on doing a photo op. When we would throw last minute changes or surprises, Laura and Megan were quick to organize the wedding timeline. The day of the wedding, Laura and her team were on top of everything, working with our vendors and checking in with us. At the end of the night all of our gifts and wedding props were placed in my hotel room, and we didn't have to stress about anything. Overall, we were very happy and thankful for all of their help and all of our friends and family praised us on a great wedding.
Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From the very first meeting I had with Laura, I knew I found the wedding planner for me. That first meeting I mentioned that I wanted to have a unity volcano, and she didn't even flinch- instead she asked what I was planning on doing to make sure the eruption didn't get on the dress. Months later and my fiance was put in charge of the volcano situation and it grew to a volcano with a 8 foot plexiglass case to keep the eruption off of us. Laura made the event coordinator at our venue measure their doors to make sure that it would fit through the doorway.

We got the Hero package which was the day-of plus help with caterer and rentals. I am a full time student and I also work full time so having her deal with all the issues with rentals was so nice. Laura found the best caterer possible for our event. We were able to have a make your own grilled cheese station and a make your own Pho station. It was perfect! Also, Laura managed the rental order and the couple issues we ended up having with the rental company Laura not only fixed the problem but also got some knocked off the final bill.

Laura was also extremely responsive. I would often email her and get a response the same day. She was also very patient with all my hectic crazy bride self the few weeks or so before the wedding. I would call her about a table or a table there and she always had an answer for me.

Laura and her team made the entire day of the wedding run so smoothly. I barely had to worry about anything. (In fact my only worry was whether the unity volcano would actually erupt). She worked well with all the other vendors we hired and was able to wrangle them the day of our wedding. Our evening went off without a hitch thanks to the whole Rebel Belle crew. I cannot thank Laura and her team enough for the wonderful evening we enjoyed.
Wedding: 09/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We hired Laura from Rebel Belle to help us plan our wedding and we can't even begin to tell you what an unbelievable asset she and her team were. They worked with us through the entire process, taking countless meetings and asking vendors questions we never would have thought of. We had barely started planning when we brought her on and I was already getting seriously stressed, but Laura helped keep everything calm and smooth and on track. Our wedding day was the most fun ever and we couldn't have been happier. Thanks Rebel Belle Team!
Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Oh my gosh, how do I begin to sing the praises of this incredible woman and her incredible team? My husband and I had put nearly 3 years behind planning our aviation themed wedding, and boy we thought we had it all figured out, I wasn't even going to hire an event coordinator but my cousin who had her wedding about a year before we did talked me into at least considereing hiring one for the "day of" if nothing else. After interviewing a half dozen coordinators and getting nothing but weird vibes, I happened upon Laura and Rebel Belle Weddings. After chatting with her for no more than 2 minutes I already started to feel every worry and every doubt about my big day melt away. She made us feel like rock stars, she was there with answeres and reassurances every time I had to email her, she rangled all our vendors and went over things with us that we never EVER would have thought of if we hadn't found her. If we had tried to pull it off on our own, I would have been running around stressing out about ice and spoons and napkins and would have ended up missing the whole thing! Our wedding would have been just ok. But Rebel Belle Weddings elevated this event from "meh" to "wow!" and made it look easy. She was so fun to work with, and when the day came and butterflies in my stomach started to swarm, Laura and her team took the reigns and gave us confidnece that everything would go just fine, and it went PERFECTLY. Now, months later, I have vivid memories of a fabuolus wedding day that exceeded even my enormous expectations. I actually felt like I was THERE and I remember every minute if it. It didn't go by too quickly at all because we had the good sense and good fortune to find Laura and her team at Rebel Belle to take all the stress and organization and wrangling off of our shoulders so that we could just party and enjoy our amazing day. I can't thank them enough, and would highly reccomend Rebel Belle Weddings for your big day!
Wedding: 10/13/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
From day one, Laura was an absolute life saver. Her calm presence and honesty were so needed as we started planning our wedding. We went with the month-of package, which was perfect because although we wanted to do the planning, we definitely needed an expert to answer questions and provide guidance. We had some lightly non-traditional elements, and Laura was respectful, not judgey, and was excited to support our choices.

Laura was also super flexible, and made herself available by email and phone when we couldn't be in person. We live on complete opposite sides of town, and she was able meet us around our schedule, in our neighborhood. She walked us through all the stuff you'd never think of if you hadn't planned a hundred weddings, and steered us toward the best value for our money when we had to make tough choices on a budget.

At the rehearsal, Laura was not only a hit, the kids actually listened to her! She got us rehearsed and off to dinner with no drama, making the trek from her neck of the woods to be with us for about an hour. So great.

On wedding day she was there exactly when and where we needed her. She worked so smoothly with the venue staff, and even made sure all of our gifts made it to our suite throughout the night. It was such a great feeling too, to know that before we even went to bed, all of our belongings from the night had made it safely back to the room.

Thank you, Laura!
Wedding: 09/29/2012

Beth 2 Reviews
Hiring Rebel Belle was the best move we made in planning our wedding! My wedding party was very inexperienced in planning huge events, let alone weddings, and Rebel Belle was an invaluable source of expertise. Laura was such an amazing listener and embraced our style immediately. She helped us find vendors that fit our personalities and kept us on task with our to-do list. On the day of the wedding we were utterly carefree as she handled every detail with efficiency and grace. Laura is a goddess among mortals and we couldn't have made it through without her.
Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We hired Laura for our day-of wedding planning and some additional consulting, and were blown away by her professionalism throughout the entire process. She asked so many questions and went over the tiniest details....which was GREAT, because when the day of the wedding arrived, we weren't surprised by last-minute questions from vendors....we knew that everything was taken care of. It made such a difference to be able to relax and enjoy the day! Laura wrangled all of our vendors and kept the ceremony and reception schedule on-track throughout the evening....even pulling us away from guests to make sure we got a chance to eat something during the evening! I would HIGHLY recommend Laura to anyone looking for a wedding planner.....she takes charge and organizes everything so you can sit back and enjoy your special day!!!!
Wedding: 08/18/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We are not easy clients to work with. We're picky, have a unique vision and a low budget. But Laura (RBW) took us seriously while bringing her own experience of running offbeat weddings. She never once offended us in the process, even as she gently suggested we reconsider some of our wacky ideas. She was able to reign us in when we were thinking "too big," yet made sure to remind us that ultimately, everything would be OUR decision in the end.

Laura quickly got to know our personalities, and she soon felt like family. She listened to us. She laughed with us. In fact, we spent many sessions gasping from laughter. Many key elements came from HER pre-existing vendor connections: the band, activities, etc. Through her network, savvy research, and negotiating skills, we actually SAVED more money on key elements than it cost to hire RBW in the first place. She is METICULOUS in her filing system and has a phenomenal memory. When we got in over our heads, she was honest, gentle and up-front with us enough to tell us if we had unrealistic plans (e.g. having our wedding on the edge of a cliff… bad idea). We often joked that we "think in cartoon." Laura would help reign us in to make it a reality.

She respected our eccentricities, (e.g. no flowers!), while keeping it classy. She truly respected us. She was on OUR team. Bride, groom and RBW. This trifecta of perfection allowed us to have the most beautiful offbeat wedding we could have ever dreamed: "Super Happy Funtime Robotland!" It ended up being featured on the Huffington Post, the New York Times and Offbeat Bride.

Quite possibly the best thing about RBW is that when stuff goes wrong on your wedding day—AND IT WILL—Laura and her team never lets you know it happened. She allowed us to have our perfect day without burdening us with any of the inevitable mishaps that happen.

Hiring RBW was–BY FAR–the best decision we made for our wedding (well, besides getting married). And now, we have a friend and confidant for life.
Wedding: 08/04/2012
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We hired Laura from Rebel Belle Weddings to assist with our wedding planning and coordination because we knew she wouldn't try to talk us out of our silly ideas. In fact, she seemed to really embrace our DIY, Disney wedding without blinking an eye. For our meetings, Laura was prompt, friendly, organized, and helpful. I thought I was on top of things planning-wise, but Laura brought up great questions and ideas I had never thought of. She worked very well with our venue coordinator, and I didn't have to give anything a second thought on our wedding day because I knew Laura and her team were taking care of it. Making room in our budget for a wedding coordinator was one of the smartest wedding decisions we could have made. Thank you Laura!
Wedding: 05/19/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Laura is a wedding super hero. We were hesitant to hire a planner because we had so many specific, somewhat unusual ideas (vegan, natural history museum wedding!) and didn't want anyone to try to force us into something more traditional or judge our ideas which were totally representative of us. But eventually we realized that doing it all ourselves was just too stressful so we searched for someone who would "get" it. And Laura totally does. She listened and got to know us and made sure that everything was what we wanted every step of the way. She helped us out with a lot of the final planning and was patient with us even though we were very clueless about weddings in general. She thought of absolutely everything and made sure we had it taken care of and planned out.
On the day of the wedding she was so organized and efficient. Everyone always says to be prepared because things will inevitably go wrong on your wedding day, but I can honestly say that everything went so smoothly. The whole day flowed perfectly and my husband and I were just able to relax and have a great time, which is exactly what we wanted. Laura orchestrated everything beautifully behind the scenes so that we didn't need to worry about anything. We selected and brought all of our decor and Laura and her wonderful assistant Megan transformed the hall into the loveliest reception area. The way they arranged everything was so thoughtful and was more than I could have ever imagined.
We definitely could not have had a wedding this awesome without Laura. She is super friendly and communicative, has great ideas, and will go above and beyond to make you happy. We highly recommend her to every couple!
Wedding: 01/28/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Laura was the absolute perfect person for our wedding planner and we wouldn't have wanted to go through it without her.

Originally we hired her as a DOC because I had already located most of my vendors and thought I could handle it myself as I was very organized and methodical in my planning efforts. Early on, I needed some assistance with dealing with one of our vendors, so we hired her to provide some services associated with the vendor.

As time went on, it became clear to both of us that with a wedding of the size and complexity that I had created - I would be completely overwhelmed without more help. Laura was completely up front and clear about our options and the various services she could provide going forward. At this point, we handed over the remainder of the planning to her - and it was one of the best decisions we made!

Laura took the time to understand our vision and improved upon it - in fact, one of the biggest "hits" of our wedding came as a result of her suggestion. She is a problem solver, offering solutions when we hit walls in our planning process. She knew what was important to us and made sure that those important pieces were addressed. She was amazing in terms of communication with our vendors and with us - not only in terms of timeliness, but also effectiveness. She was very organized and prepared. We knew we could trust her and as a result - we were absolutely calm and at peace on our wedding day knowing that we were in the best hands possible.

We also heard from other people, like our vendors and wedding party about how lucky we were to have Laura and her team and how great they were. We had a DIY venue, 2 bakers, 2 DJs, 3 rental companies, many personal items and additional vendors, 250 people in attendance, 19 people total in the wedding party and an extremely tight window of time for setting up - and the whole thing was seamless and came off without a hitch! Rebel Belle Weddings provided absolute peace of mind for us and we got more than our money's worth from Laura and her team.
Wedding: 06/11/2011
 626-888-1729
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire