Rabbi Ian

Rabbi Ian

Spirituality without borders

San Diego, CA | map
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Cere...
Religious affliliations: Jewish
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Ian was such a pleasure to work with!!! He did an absolute fantastic job! He was informative, funny and super sweet! Highly recommend!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Regina
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Ian did the most amazing job at our wedding. We had an interfaith ceremony and no matter what the denomination, everyone was impressed with him. We had dozens of people come up to us and ask how he knew us so well (given we were from out of town - from Minnesota) and tell us that it was one of the best ceremonies they had ever seen. Rabbi Ian is very unique and really tailored our ceremony to us. He never made us feel rushed through the process and put a lot of effort into making our ceremony perfect.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Ian was an amazing officiant at our Interfaith wedding ceremony at Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa! He got to know us before our wedding when we skyped with him, and he met with us in person, and he also sent us some personal questions about our relationship. He did a beautiful ceremony with both Jewish and Catholic traditions. He was entertaining, funny and interactive with our guests. We got so many compliments about how everyone really enjoyed our ceremony and they loved Rabbi Ian as the officiant. We would highly recommend him to all our friends who are looking for a great officiant for their special day! We can't wait to watch the video of our ceremony. - Rachel and Jason Schafer

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabi Ian did an amazing job with our wedding. He was very personable. He got to know us via skype because we were in Saint Louis planning our wedding. All of our guests were raving about him for months after the wedding. His ceremony tied many aspects together and drew all the guests in.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Wow Rabbi Ian was THE BEST ceremony decision we ever made! He made our ceremony SO memorable, SO personalized, and SO funny… our guests were in stitches. All of our guests said that our ceremony was the best ceremony they have ever witnessed. Not only is Rabbi Ian hilarious, he is extremely charismatic and engaging- there was never a dull moment in the ceremony. He was an absolute joy to work with and I would recommend him to ANYONE looking to have a very personal, very memorable ceremony. He made our ceremony one that we will NEVER forget!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Ian was such an incredible part of our wedding day, and I can't recommend him enough! It has been two months since our wedding, and we're still receiving complements on how enjoyable and touching our ceremony was - and that was all thanks to Rabbi Ian!

He crafted a ceremony that was both incredibly sweet and unique to us as a couple, and was also enjoyable for everyone who attended. He added in so many personal touches into the ceremony and made it really special for us and for our guests.

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Ian (Adler) officiated our wedding in Palm Springs last month. Nearly a month later, guests still cannot stop talking about our beautiful wedding ceremony and our “wonderful” and “hilarious” rabbi! Everyone wanted to know where we found him, and several guests asked us for his contact information. One friend who attended the wedding joked that he would consider conversion to Judaism if it meant having Rabbi Ian officiate at his wedding! Perhaps even more importantly, Rabbi Ian was a pleasure to work with throughout the planning process. He was very accommodating to our busy schedules, and provided us with online tools to help us prepare for the big day. Rabbi Ian crafted a heartfelt (and fun!) wedding ceremony that was unique to me and my new husband. We have the highest regards for him and could not imagine a better officiant.

• Wedding: 02/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were so overwhelmed at Rabbi Ian's ability to capture exactly what we wanted. So many times at wedding ceremonies, the words and the vows get overlooked an everyone only remembers the reception. Several people said it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever been to because of his words, inflection, humor, sentiment, and heart. We will forever remember our beautiful ceremony in large because of Rabbi Ian.

• Wedding: 11/16/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were looking for a Rabbi that would preform and interfaith wedding for us through our search we found Rabbi Ian. We were so lucky to have found him. He made our ceremony so memorable and personable. It was better then we ever could have imagined. There was not a dry eye in the audience. Rabbi Ian was the talk of the reception and all of our guest thought it was one of the most amazing ceremonies they had ever been to. I would recommend Rabbi Ian to anyone looking for a personal heartfelt ceremony with a bit of humor and awesomness!!!!!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
Nicole
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the pleasure to be wedded by Rabbi Ian and choosing him was one the best decisions we've made while engaged. If you are a Jewish couple looking for a reformed Jewish ceremony while preserving traditional aspects which emphasize best values surrounding love, marriage, partnership and all that's human as well as made personal and entertaining - Rabbi Ian is you rabbi. His humor, which at first might come of as a bit standoffish (think Monty Python), was a great asset and made the ceremony ever so entertaining for all who where present without stilling the show, - which was us. He created a personal ceremony just for us. All of our guest absolutely loved him and mentioned several times this was one of the best wedding ceremonies they've ever been too. Rabbi Ian performed an outstanding service under our chuppah, just make sure it's 8' tall ;) P.S. He made sure the groom did not pass out at the very beginning and helped him relax the rest of the way... slow and deep breaths, people ;)

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Ian is absolutely amazing! We feel so lucky that we found him and were able to have him officiate our wedding! We knew from the moment that we met him and skyped with him that he is truly special and was going to create a ceremony that we will never forget! Rabbi Ian made us feel so comfortable as an interfaith couple and really respected our beliefs. Rabbi Ian created a ceremony and atmosphere that allowed our guests to really see and feel the love between us. Our ceremony was the most memorable part of our wedding and that is how it should be! Every single guest at our wedding made a comment to us about how unique and wonderful our ceremony and Rabbi were! We were all so blown away by Rabbi Ian and the magical feeling he evokes in those around him. We cannot thank Rabbi Ian enough for being a part of the best day of our lives!

• Wedding: 08/10/2013
Erin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

You are truly amazing! Everyone loved the ceremony!

• Wedding: 08/01/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Ian was fantastic! All our guest loved him as well. We had guest that aren't even Jewish wanting him at their wedding!

Jaclyn
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Ian was great. Many of our friends said they wanted to get remarried just so they could have Rabbi Ian, even our non Jewish friends. We have been to many weddings and Rabbi Ian has done the best service we have ever been to.

Barbara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Ian was truly awesome. I am the mother of Jaclyn Maxwell. I was referred to him by a vendor (Arc de Belle). He spent time explaining all the details to me on the phone as well as to my daughter and son in law. He met with them and they were so impressed. The service he peformed was magnificent. Because it was an interfaith ceremony I was worried about how "jewish" it would be and did not want to offend my son in loaw or his family. Rabbi Ian placed all of the focus in the kids and their love and future together. he was extememly thorough in explaining the jewish traditions that we did put into the ceremony and the explanation regarding the Chuppa was fabulous. He did it all with love and humor!! I cannot tell you how many of my guests came to me and told me how wonderful Rabbi Ian was and how beautiful the ceremony was. My mother who is 92 and does not have a Rabbi wants me to use him for her funeral!!!! The grooms parents who are not jewish said that if they were going to convert, that the ceremony would have done that for them. They were extremely happy with the ceremony. It was perfect.

Barbara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Ian was recommended to us by our Wedding planner/Caterer- Neither my husband, or myself are Jewish, so it seemed funny to consider a Jewish Rabbi for our Wedding Ceremony-
Well............. I CAN NOT EVER PUT IN TO WORDS HOW WONDERFUL RABBI IAN IS!!!!!!!
From the first time that I talked to him, I knew he was the one for us! He is an absolutely wonderful human being! Very generous personality, incredibly intelligent, very self assured, yet gentle and kind, tall and handsome, and very funny! He We talked for quite some time, and then spent more time (hours) getting to know each other! He asked my husband and I lots of questions, where and how we met, our thoughts, beliefs, family background, our relationship, what we love most about each other, so much more- We chose to have Rabbi Ian put together our vows, and they were the most amazing vows ever! They were so incredibly personal, romantic, and beautiful! I loved saying every single word that I said and so did my husband. Rabbi Ian included such special traditional Wedding rituals for us to do together and with our family, that with each one, we felt deeper and deeper in love! He did such a great job making our family feel involved and included! I need to mention that Rabbi Ian is also hysterically funny! We had moments where everyone was totally cracking up!!! It was the most joyous, beautiful, fun, and special day that I could have ever dreamed of! Both my husband and myself loved him so much, that we felt like he was a personal friend, and if we lived in San Diego, there would be no doubt that we would be in regular attendance at his church! Him being part of the most important day of our lives, was meant to be! I would recommend Rabbi Ian to everyone that is wanting their Wedding Day to be the most cherished day of their life! Everyone said it was hands down, the best wedding that they have ever been to! It sure was the best day of our lives!!!

• Wedding: 06/24/2013
Candise
858-952-1200
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards