Prestigious Event rentals

Prestigious Event rentals

7211 FM 1488, Suite B
Magnolia, TX 77354
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

3.4
(3.5 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(3.1 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We found PE Rentals through DJU Productions who were out of restroom trailers for the weekend of our wedding. I know a restroom trailer sounds hideous at a wedding, but our event was out in the country and we had 150 people so we needed one. It was the nicest portable restroom I have ever seen! It had separate restrooms for men and women, flat screen tvs, a radio, fully stocked with TP, soap and paper towels, air conditioned, etc... Vee was the lady who helped coordinate everything and she was great! They arrived the day before and set everything up, and then came back the day after to take it with them! I would definitely recommend PE Rentals.

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 2.5

We rented a limo to pick us up from the church, take us to the reception and then take us to our hotel. After the ceremony was over we were waited for the limo for about 15 min but since I (the bride) forgot my cellphone at home I had no way to call them. My husband asked me for their name Googled them and called the number after trying for about 5 minutes he got to talk to somebody that told him that the limo overheated and they wouldn't make it. We had to ride my husband's car (looked like a big marshmallow on the passenger seat) and we had to split the bridal party to ride with the family. They offered us a full refund and a SUV to pick us up at the reception and another trip as way to make up for the incident. Surprisingly, not having the limo did not affect me and I enjoyed the rest of my evening. The person that talked with my husband was very professional and they processed the refund. I think they managed the issue very well but I do not think I will feel comfortable booking another service with them. They seem to be a very good company but I cannot recommend or say they are not good business.

• Wedding: 04/06/2013
Services Used: Transportation
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The portable restrooms they have are top notch. I was impressed who clean and modern they were. They even have TV screens and radios that play in the bathrooms.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I contacted numerous rental companies and this one not only offered the best value for my money but wonderful personal service. Vee at the Magnolia location was fabulous to work with and flexible to work with as well!

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
0.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

We rented the party bus for our October wedding. We found them almost a year before the wedding. My fiance was from Sweden so we had a lot of internationals coming in for our wedding. We wanted to do something over the top for our guests and planned this party bus for months. There was not much partying going on :(

Unfortunately we were not promised what the $1000 dollar "party bus" provided.

1. Contract said we had the bus for 5 hrs. He picked us up 30 minutes late and dropped us off 30 minutes early

2. We had NO music on the bus 3 of our guests instead of enjoying the bus, spent time trying to fix the problem.

3. We were promised either appetizers or a dessert. We had neither on the bus

4. We were promised ice water. We had no water of any kind on the bus

5. We were promised VIP service to selected clubs as stated on the contract.  Our driver Did not know

Of any clubs in Houston. Our guests had to navigate him through downtown and we had to pay cover at the 2 places he did take us to. Riches and Shot bar. After we left the last club, we asked him to drive us through the powers plants on the way home. We gave him directions. Instead he hopped on 45 and dropped us of 30 minutes early.

6. We were promised ice on our contract. Only one tub had minimal ice.

7. One of the seats was broken when we got on the bus.  Some of our guests had to squeeze in the other seat because it was broken.

We contacted the company on two different occassions. Mr. Jason Price assured us that he would fix the problem. It is 7 months later and still no response. This shows me the lack of respect and proffesionalism one company should have, especially if you are paying this much money for 1 night. I would not recommend this cpmpany unless you have tons of money to throw away.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

The first day I visited this vendor to pick linens and design our contract I was so happy and looking forward to working with them. They came highly recommended from our wedding planners and venue. Trenton was very helpful in finding exactly what I was looking for. The issues started the week of my wedding (yup, 4 days before)!

My now husband was contacted on Tuesday afternoon by Trenton where he was told the overlays we ordered are on back order and would not be available for our Saturday wedding. He proceeded to say he had known this would happen for a few months now but did not want to say anything to avoid dissapointing us. Trenton has also spoke with both of our wedding planners that day where he confirmed everything was great and the time they'd arrive Saturday morning.

After our planners and our wedding venue owner arguing with the linen company owner we did get some sort of "discount", so I was happy that at least the owner cared about his customers. But I was very dissapointed with Trenton and his lack of tact in this situation, prestigious event rentals was in breach of our contract and he didn't seem to care.

• Wedding: 08/11/2012
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

We rented sound equipment (basic) and set up a time to pick it up. They called and asked if we could pick it up a day earlier, but that was not possible. They left it with an adjoining business for us to pick up on the day scheduled. We took it to set it up for the rehearsal and the actual system was not working. My fiancee (who works with sound equipment and other technology) spent over an hour trying to fix it. The wires were also very old and you could tell it had been taped many times. We had to end up borrowing a system from our church the day of and luckily it worked. When we called them the night of the rehearsal they gave us a number to a technician, however we weren't with the system anymore and we didn't think that he could help with the problem. When it was returned they did give a refund for the busted system. Everything else (speakers, mircophones) worked great, it was just a very stressful evening and day of for my fiancee.

• Wedding: 07/21/2012
Christina
1.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

The Good:
Great customer service - Trenton (when there are no hiccups).
Very responsive. Always sent an email re capping what we discussed.
Delivery on time

Bad:
Limited Linen Choices
Only have what they have, will not make special orders
Not open on the weekends
INCREDIBLY HIGH delivery charge (you are pretty much stuck with it if you have a Saturday Night wedding)
After you pay the 50% deposit... you're stuck with them... no exceptions... UNLESS they mess something up.

The Ugly:
Trenton called 4 days before my wedding and told me the linens I reserved 4 months prior (and had already paid IN FULL for) were not going to be available for my wedding. They had a size larger available for me to use that evening and would not be charged extra. Seeing how it was 4 days before my wedding, I tried to stay calm and try to figure out a way to make it work. After talking to my father (who's check they already cashed) he was wondering if we would get any type of discount because of their failure to meet their end of our contract.

This is when the friendly customer service from Prestigious Event Rentals went down the drain. Once an issue had arisen, all we got from Trenton was a my way or the highway attitude. All in all, Trenton told me there would be no refund, I could find someone else to provide the linens (it was 4 days before the wedding and I had tried to do this very thing 2 months prior but he said I would loose my 50% deposit) and that was pretty much it. He never had a manager contact me to discuss the issue, or try to work something out.

There is NO excuse to contact someone 4 days before their wedding to tell them the linens they paid for will not be available AND refuse some type of a discount. The owner of the venue I used did mention this had happen before with Prestigious Events. Brides Beware!!!

Prestigious Event rentals responded with the following comments:

As the president of Prestigious Event Rentals I was extremely disappointed to read this review. A few things I need to clarify and a few things we need to work to avoid upsetting a customer as we have done in this situation.
• We have almost 200 linen choices available
• While we typically do not order linens that are specific for a single application we make special orders on a consistent basis
• Our regular hours do not include weekends but we schedule consultations on a regular basis for weekends and after hours
• Our delivery fees are consistent with the industry. We do have additional charges when an order requires an after hours delivery or pickup, again, as with most companies. We pay our team overtime for these and simply pass on this additional cost. Many times afterhours can be avoided by the bride working this out before hand with the venue.
• You do lose your deposit if you cancel your order or completely change your linen selection to close to the event. We hold linens specifically for your special day. Many times we order additional new linens to cover your order and even some additional in case you increase at the last minute. It would be hard to stay in business if after we had purchased and held a linen for an event and then the color was changed to a different linen. We consider increases and decreases to be normal and there is no charge for that.
• The manager of the venue states that she never said this had happened before this event, and it hasn’t.
• What we did wrong… We did have to change from a 120” to 132” linen due to our supplier coming up short on our new order that arrived. That is absolutely unacceptable to our customer on their very special day. We have removed that vendor from our supplier list. I was not aware of us refusing to give her deposit back and that should not have taken place. We have made some changes to avoid this from happening with future situations.
Our sincere apologies to the bride for any inconveniences this may have caused. I did call and leave a message as soon as I was made aware of the situation. If she returns the call I would like to offer her and her spouse a free night in one of our limousines. I know this doesn’t correct the situation but hope it can at least let her know that we care.
Sincerely,

• Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

When we first met with Trent, it seemed like everything was going to run smoohtly. The exact opposite happened up until the night before the wedding. They quoted us the wrong prices on multiple things, provided us with the wrong light fixtures and were a hassle to work with on the remaining bill after the wedding. They were in the middle of moving while our wedding preparations were going on and found out that Trent was new after the wedding was over. My wedding ended up being stunning but due to the fact that my wedding planner had to stay on top of them the entire way there.

• Wedding: 03/03/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I definitely recommend Prestigious Event Rentals. They have an awesome crew that works very hard. They were a pleasure to work with and the tent turned out just gorgeous! Another benefit to using Prestigious Event Rentals is the company is a one-stop-shop for all your rental and wedding planning needs. If you choose this company, you will definitely be impressed!

• Wedding: 05/07/2011
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Party Extreme when I wasn't looking. She is next door to my wedding cake baker and thats who my baker gets the cake stands from. My fiance (now husband) and I went in there after our cake consultation and the owner, "V" (short for Vaniesa) helped us right away. Its a small, privately owned business so no stuffy feeling. V is extremely sweet and willing to work with you A LOT! Whether you're on a budget or not, you get your moneys worth at her store. She was the cheapest around and is an absolute sweetheart to deal with. Now that our wedding is over, I'm trying to get my company to use her for our annual holiday party. I would and will reccommend her to everyone! The 4.8/5.0 is because since it is a small private business, its more personable than cold and professional. I would much rather have personable and honest than stuffy and fake.

• Wedding: 10/10/2009
281-356-5867
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.4