Platinum Beat DJ

Platinum Beat DJ

Serving Huntsville, Alabama and surrounding areas.

315 Ditto Circle
Lacey's Spring, AL 35754 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes

Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and Christy were an absolute joy to work with! They are two of the sweetest individuals. Since I was planning the wedding from out of town, the couple made every accommodation to fit meetings into my schedule. There was never a worry that our planned meetings would fall through. The sound for my wedding's ceremony was provided by Mike and was perfect! He paid attention to detail, making sure the microphones were on or off at the correct times. They also worked in conjunction with the photographer and videographer to make it the best possible day. Mike and Christy did a fabulous job with our reception! The two were very careful to check and double check that the names announced would be pronounced correctly, they helped with the timeline and the flow of the evening, and made it possible for me and my husband to relax. They worked closely with the staff at the venue to make sure we had no worries. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and Christy were outstanding! They met with me a few weeks before the event to make sure everything was planned out. They made a detailed timeline of when everything was to happen, such as first dance, toasts, garter toss etc. You really get more than just DJ services with Mike and Christy. They really MCed the entire event. Mike and Christy have so much experience with weddings. Mike has a great rule about toasts. He made sure that he had the names of people giving toasts before the wedding. If your name wasn't on the list, you can't get the microphone. This rule came in handy when a drunk groomsmen tried to get the mic and luckily wasn't allowed to give a toast. The dance floor was FILLED the entire night! Everyone from all generations danced for hours. I really could not have asked for a better DJ. Mike and Christy definitely made my wedding day one I will remember forever! Thanks again!!!

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

To say that Mike and Christy were a pleasure to work with would be an incredible understatement. Their professionalism, flexibility, knowledge, experience, and terrific senses of humor helped make our wedding day absolutely perfect. When my wife and I needed guidance, they provided it; and when we opted to do things a little less traditionally, they welcomed our ideas and incorporated them seamlessly. As we chose not to have a wedding planner/coordinator, Mike and Christy stepped up and performed those wedding day duties to perfection. Where I think they truly shined, however, was in their ability to "read the crowd" and make timely recommendations on adjusting various reception activities. These minor changes kept the energy high and the reception flowing throughout the evening.

We cannot overstate how pleased we were with the roles that Mike and Christy played throughout the entire process. We highly recommend Platinum Beat DJ for any event requiring music and event coordination!!!

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
Tina and Duke
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and his wife Christy both made our wedding a unforgettable memory. We absolutely could not have asked for anything better. The gave us so much attention for our wedding day and the months leading up to it. I could call and discuss anything for the wedding with them and they were always responsive. They gave me so many options and they were always there to help me.
Mike gave me the music that I have always dreamed of and the most awesome uplighting. They were flexible with the set up since it was outside.
There are so many good things to say about this DJ, but words can not express how much I LOVED Mike and Christy working my wedding.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There are no words that could truly express how amazing Mike and Christy were throughout our ENTIRE wedding process. Many people forget about everything that must happen before a wedding, so working extremely close with all vendors (for months) is inevitable. Lucky for us, we had the absolute best experience. Below I have listed a few of the highlights that make Platinum Beat DJ the only option you should consider.
- Very personable. Our meetings with Mike and Christy were fun, and they made us feel like we were friends. I left our final meeting being more excited than ever about our wedding.
-Quick to respond. Anytime I needed something, I would email or call Mike and he would respond within hours.
-Knowledge in music. My husband and I listen to a wide variety of music, including artists many have never heard of. Both Mike and Christy knew every one of our favorite artists and even introduced us to new music
- Flexibility - It takes time to cut music for a ceremony. Well I decided to change my entrance song days before my wedding, and Mike changed it and had it ready to go just the way I wanted. They were also flexible with equiptment. I was unsure if the weather would allow my outdoor ceremony. They were ready for both and could alter equiptment with no problem.
- Price. They charge an AMAZING price for they time and work they put into YOUR wedding.
- ORGANIZATION. They were very organized in our timeline and made sure I knew what was happening at what time. They had me plan the timeline of how I wanted my ceremony and reception, and they made sure that timeline followed through.
I could go on. Overall, they are wonderful people and truly helped me have a night my husband and I will never forget. Above all else, they are passionate about what they do, and they simply love music and love to see people happy. My husband and I will be forever grateful for Mike and Christy at Platinum Beat DJ.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am so happy that we went with Platinum Beat DJ for our wedding reception! I knew of a couple people who had used them for their weddings, as well as people who had attended weddings that they were the DJ at. I heard nothing but positive feedback so I knew we had to have them for our wedding!

The value and quality of service were exceptional. Mike and Christy not only provided the DJ services for our reception, but they also acted as coordinators for the evening. They made a very detailed event timeline that we were able to share with all of our vendors. It really helped all of the vendors to be on the same page. Mike and Christy met with us twice in person as well as exchanged numerous emails with us. They always returned our emails promptly, even when we emailed them a couple days before the wedding with last-minute song requests. They were also very flexible. For example, at our reception we weren't quite ready to cut our cake because we were visiting with our guests so they simply pushed the cake cutting back and played a couple more songs until we were ready. One of the things that Trevor and I were most concerned about was that our guests would be on the dance floor all evening and having a good time. Mike and Christy did an amazing job of making sure that happened. They played a wide variety of music and there were people on the dance floor all evening. So many of our friends and family told us that it was one of the most fun weddings they have ever been to!

Overall, we would highly recommend Mike and Christy. We honestly don't have anything negative to say about them! They were a pleasure to work with and they helped make our wedding reception exactly what we had envisioned.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
Kelly
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and Christy are not only wonderful at what they do, they are wonderful and caring people. They truly are concerned with your interests and making your wedding day flow. Platinum Beat DJ does so much more than the role of a glorified iPod, they keep guests entertained and direct the entire evening. We also had them do all our music for our ceremony as well. Mike and Christy created a spread sheet detailing down to the minute the flow for the event, which helped calm any chaos. I think it's rare to find vendors that you 'click' with and feel like they are actually family friends. We so appreciate everything that Mike and Christy did for us during our wedding. The day would not have been the same without them!

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
Samantha
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike made our event truly special. He really knows what he's doing.

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and Kristy were wonderful to work with and very accommodating. Very quick to return calls and emails. They did a wonderful job for ceremony and a fabulous job at the reception. Our guests had a lot of fun! He was very aware of the variety of guests and knew what it took to keep the evening going and EVERYONE had fun. Loved the Newlywed Game and the Anniversary Dance! It even turned out that the last two couples dancing on the dance floor with the Bride and Groom were BOTH sets of the Bride's grandparents. 60 and 59 years. What a legacy!! I highly recommend Platinum Beat for the wedding ceremony and reception. They do a great job!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and Christy were wonderful to work with. I normally don't like to put 5 out 5 because I feel like everyone as room to improve, but with them I had such a wonderful experience and my wedding music was perfect. Mike took the list I gave him and adapted it to the group needs. I couldn't have asked for a better reception. They handled the scheduling and timing of every brilliantly. They listen to my wants and adapted the reception to make it such a memorable experience. I've been to and been apart of a lot of weddings and heard a lot of DJ (Mike included) and by far Mike's professionalism, music taste, and understanding of group dynamics have been the best!

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was so pleased with Mike and Christy McCormick and their services. They were with me for my rehearsal and made everything go so smooth. The day of the wedding, both Mike and Christy made sure everything was the way I wanted it to be as well as making sure everyone was on the same page. Although it had rained and we initially were having the wedding outside, they assured me everything would still be okay inside and that was comforting. They went above and beyond of what was expected. My guests are still raving about how much fun they had at our wedding, and a big part of that is because of Mike and Christy! I would highly recommend this duo to anyone looking for DJ services and the much more that they offer! Thanks again!!
- Demi and Cole Vincent

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and Christy McCormick were very professional and open to all of our suggestions. They were able to meet with us twice before the day as well as correspond through email and phone calls which was really helpful in making sure they knew what we wanted. They created a personalized time-line, which was really helpful for the wedding day. Christy was a huge help in coordinating the rehearsal and the wedding day. They were very knowledgeable and helpful. They did music for the ceremony and the reception, and a ton of our guests commented on how good the music was. We would definitely recommend them for any event.

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
Maggie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike & Christy were such a big help to my family before and during the ceremony and reception. I really do not know what we would have done without them. Their planning and advise was so helpful. They would advise you and tell you why, and the results was amazing. They created a wonderful and beautiful experience for my daughter and her husband and for all of us. All the guests loved what they did to the banquet room at the lodge. The music was great and kept the crowd dancing. All of their ideas helped everything run smoothly so we could enjoy the best day of our lives. I had so much pride and was so happy for the way things turned out. I knew the first time I met Mike and Christy that they would be involved in my "Baby's" wedding. They are the best!

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Mike and Christy for our DJ/MC at our wedding and it was the best decision we could have made. They were so knowledgeable and accommodating and helped us plan almost everything. Our day wouldn't have been perfect without their help and I am so glad we used them!!!

• Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and his wife Christy were amazing! They were very easy to work with and had great suggestions to help me choose the perfect music. They helped coordinated our Rehearsal and worked with the other vendors to make sure everything ran smoothly and on time. It was a great experience working with this husband/wife team!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike and Christy are wonderful!! They really made our reception so much fun! We wouldn't have wanted anyone else! = )

• Wedding: 05/17/2013
256-738-0302
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards