Phineas Swann Bed & Breakfast Inn

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My wife and I contacted the Phineas Swann Bed & Breakfast Inn to host our wedding and we are so glad we did. Not only did we have our ceremony there but we also booked the whole Inn for our dream weekend! They were able to accommodate our whole wedding party for the weekend and host our spectacular wedding. From the food to the ambiance, everything was perfectly planned! we cannot thank Lynne and Darren enough for the fantastic weekend and wedding. It was perfect.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wedding at Phineas Swann turned out to be the wedding of my dreams---and I never even visited before I booked. Every detail I imagine and discussed came to life in front of my eyes--and even more. What a beautiful and quaint B&B with excellent service. The new owners Lynne and Darren were extremely helpful with every detail of my event and went above and beyond to accomodate my family during our stay---going as far as going to the local VFW to get a wheelchair for my dad.

The gardens were a beautiful venue for the ceremony and there we so many beautiful places to take our wedding photos nearby and onsite that we had to narrow down our options to fit within our timeframe.

Hands down best wedding venue for an outdoor and fall wedding!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Let me start off by saying we are a same-sex couple and nobody else took as good of care as Jay and John did for our wedding. From the second you call or contact them making your arrangements to the time your packing your things to leave the staff at Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast are at your beck and call. We arrived to a perfectly manicured location full of amazing gardens and grounds and freshly made chocolate strawberry's made only about 10 minutes before waiting on our bed for us. They made sure that every need that us or our families needed where always at hand and at the ready whether it be restaurant suggestions or directions to get the girls nails done. The breakfasts were the best I've ever had and the fact that its personally made for you and your guests makes it even more amazing. They made our cake and helped us find a great officiant that had the same quirky personality as we did. Being that I am a florist I made our boutineers and corsages but the other flowers that they supplied were beautiful and went well with every part of our wedding. The service was in the gardens tucked in a little grove where we stood and everybody could stand around us and join in such an amazing day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I hope this gets posted. I rated this establishment (5) stars. My youngest daughter was married there and I was a bit apprehensive on the location, but once I got there I was impressed at the decor. It brought back a lot of memories and made quite a few more. I did not know that a place like this existed in Vermont being I am from Montana. The food was fantastic, the staff went above and beyond accommodating the last minute changes. The only regret I have is that I could not spend more time there. There was so much to see . Decor is not the word I am looking for it's Nostalgia for all ages. Feel free to call Rand E Booth 802-895-4227 . I wish I could put the experience in better words. It was great!!!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Wedding Planning

I don't really know where to begin with reviewing the Phineas Swan. Below is a link to my TripAdvisor review (which was curt but well intentioned):

- Food:
Absolutely delicious. We went with Chef's choice and what Vermont had in season. It 100% surpassed anything I was expecting.

- Service:
Amazingly friendly and flexible staff. They honestly made the B&B feel like it was ours for the weekend. Every face had a smile and everyone was extremely inviting and warm. Everyone was also responsive and attentive to anything we needed done/changed.

All in all, this was the perfect wedding spot for my wife and I. Vermont is an amazing state and the Phineas Swan is a perfect addition to Vermont. If you plan on getting married in Vermont, I would look Phineas Swan up first.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Phineas Swann in June 2011, and were thrilled with the entire thing. We booked it sight-unseen, as we were planning from NC and didn't have the opportunity to travel to VT in advance, based on reviews and talking to Jay on the phone. We could not have been happier with the results. The location is quaint and picturesque; the staff made our entire party and guests feel like we were truly at home, and they did EVERYTHING we asked to make our wedding weekend perfect. The wedding dinner and breakfasts were delicious.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Favors & Gifts, Officiant, Wedding Cake
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
2+ years ago

Perfect wedding weekend-- all of our guests stayed on-site, and we didn't have to do a thing except relax and enjoy the weekend. They handled all the details! New managers now, but they are hopefully following the same process that John and Jay (previous owners) established.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue