Ormond Plantation Manor

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I got married here 2 months ago today! Ceremony and reception were absolutely beautiful. We also did our engagement photos and post-bridal photos at this beautiful plantation! Would recommend to anyone! Food was delicious and was served until the very end of my reception. The staff was great and very responsive to not only mine and my husbands needs but also to all of our guests! I just wish that I would have spent even more time here!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Leighanne
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I held our ceremony and reception at Ormond Plantation and it was absolutely fabulous! Mrs. Robin Priest, Chef Richard Kiral and staff were amazing, paying attention to every detail, quality food and service, and most importantly, that wonderful Southern hospitality. In choosing a venue, my fiance and his family were from up North and being that I was born and raised in the area, I wanted something that would impress us locals, as well as, really be intriguing, historical, and beautiful to our guests. All in attendance, both local and visitors commented so positively on the venue, food, and service. Everyone enjoyed every aspect from our event and I could not have asked for a better wedding! Cheers to Ormond Plantation in being everything I imagined and more! THANK YOU!

Love,

Ashlyn & Taylor Mehlhaff
5.10.14

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Ashlyn
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Assistant for the day criticized the photographer for being late, pushing the ceremony back 10minutes. That was not a big deal to me because he was not that late taking important shots, her criticizing him was not professional.

The food given to me and my groom was really cold, not even warm, cold! That made our meal not so enjoyable.

One of the employees, apart of the wait staff, was taking photos in our photo booth. Very unprofessional!

One of my guests and my mom complained about one of the women, Debbie, in the office being very rude and unprofessional.

The biggest problem was we paid $800 to get married under the tree behind the plantation. It rained that day, so the ceremony was moved in the reception space, yet we were not refunded ANY money from that fee. There should be somewhere in a contract that states a partial or full refund if the weather prevents the ceremony from occurring under the tree. Instead the owner informed us no refund, because she needed to bring in more staff. That was never discussed or agreed upon, prior to the wedding.

Ormond Plantation Manor responded with the following comments:

Our mission is for every bride's day to be perfect and we strive for that here at Ormond. The duty of our Wedding Attendant is to make sure everything is on time and flows accordingly. Most brides appreciate the schedule being adhered to and it is her job to make sure that it is followed in a professional manner.

We apologize for your servings not being warm although we received many compliments from your wedding party and guests.

The cost of a ceremony here at Ormond starts at $800.00; prices vary according to location - Pavilion, Courtyard, Home - all are $800. Should we have inclement weather, the ceremony is moved into one of these locations; Home or Pavilion. Unfortunately, we have no control over the weather and your ceremony was moved into the Pavilion, which was rearranged for the ceremony then rearranged into the configuration for the reception, which your team decorated beautifully.

We apologize for any unprofessionalism you may have experienced from any of our employees, we want our clients to experience nothing but the best. We appreciate your review and comments. Our sincerest apologies and warmest wishes to you and your groom.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were very pleased with Ormond and they were very helpful with our planning

• Wedding: 02/14/2014
kristine
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Our wedding night was wonderful, the only complaint anyone has was about the dj!

Ormond Plantation Manor responded with the following comments:

Your ceremony and reception was a very beautiful night to remember. We are sorry you had problems with the DJ, to our knowledge it was a misunderstanding with a playlist/request submitted. Please let us know.

• Wedding: 01/04/2014
April
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We LOVE this place and so does our family and friends!
Great friendly people, awesome food, excellent service.

• Wedding: 12/06/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had an amazing experience with Ormond. Robin was always incredibly helpful and accommodating and open to ideas and our needs and wants for our special day here. We did have a few communication bumps over the months but the staff was always very helpful. On the day of the wedding, the wait staff service and the food was absolutely amazing. They were even able to accommodate food allergies in our menu. We even had forgotten our toasting glasses and serving pieces for the cake cutting and they were able to provide some for us to use. Overall we had a great experience with Ormond and the staff there.

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
Ashleigh
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We held our rehearsal dinner, wedding, and reception at Ormond Plantation. Robin and her staff were a pleasure to work with. They were very accommodating to make sure everything was perfect for our day. Robin took into account every detail to make sure my day would turn out just like I envisioned. It turned out to be everything and more. The food prepared by their in house chef was absolutely amazing. The DJ knew just how to make the music flow throughout the night and definitely knew how to keep everyone dancing all night long. My husband and I stayed in the bridal suite the night of our wedding. The next morning we were served another amazing breakfast by the chef. I highly recommend Ormond Plantation for a wedding, reception, or even stopping by for dinner.

• Wedding: 11/01/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ
Amy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a very small and intimate wedding. We were married in the front yard under the majestic oak and had our reception in the Carriage House. It was absolutely perfect. Our guests raved about the food and atmosphere. The staff was exceptionally helpful and accomodating. Our wedding pictures are breathtaking!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Robin and her staff were incredible, and prefect. On the night before the wedding we had the rehearsal dinner at Ormond Plantation afterward I and two of my bridesmaids retired into the Bridal Suite to relax and get some sleep. On the morning of my Big Day Robin and her cook made us breakfast, to make sure we could make it thru the busy day. I can’t express the joy, the pleasure, the excitement when my husband and I first saw our wedding pictures; the Plantation and the Oak Tree looked amazing. I would recommend using Ormond Plantation. .

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
985-764-8544
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7