Occasions at Stone River

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This place have everything for every budget. We didn't think we would be able to afford the wedding of our dreams and Occasions made it happen! Angela was amazing, she was there to answer any questions and was so helpful during the whole process. On the day of our wedding she was right there to make sure everything went smoothly. Not one thing went wrong everything was so PERFECT! I also have to say what a wonderful meal Chef Zach put together for our reception. We did the pasta menu and it was delicious! I loved that Occasions did everything.

• Wedding: 11/09/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough good things about this place. Our wedding was amazing and the staff at Occasions made it all possible and truly a day to remember. I highly recommend Occasions.

• Wedding: 11/07/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding felt like such a breeze with the help of all staff.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It seems that God led my husband and I to Occasions at Stone River. This venue offers so much, such as themes, colors, DJ, Photobooth, their own professional chef. The food was amazing and they have tastings twice a year. Even though we had made arrangements for our own Wedding Cake, Photography, Florist...they have this to offer. Angela Johnson the Wedding Planner is right there for you at anytime when you have a question. I had a vintage theme wedding, they had all the centerpieces, old doors that were put at the front of the chapel. One of the most touching parts of this venue is they have a beautiful staircase that the bride walks down. It gives sucn an emotional experience for the groom and guest seeing the bride walk down these stairs.
They are such a caring Christian business, I would recommend this venue to anyone who loves the country and a golf course right next door. They will work with you closely on what you want to make your dream day come true.
Too, it's so convenient to have the wedding and reception in one location, you never lose a guest.
I just can't say enough about how wonderful and smoothly our wedding day went. It was perfect. Thank you Angela, Johnny, Betty, and Staff!!!

Steve and Carol Johnson

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Videography, Wedding Planning

GO HERE, GET HERE !!!!!
This place is the perfect venue, services, and staff. Angela has such a easy way about her her calmness and coolness has a grip on everything you are worried about, when she says shes got it, just don't worry because believe me she does. Peter(MC/Dj) the man behind the scenes was fantastic,from meeting him at our food tasting, to the phone consult (which I cant express how helpful this was to us) he was a total support for us to lean on. The day of the ceremony he was working with our vendors and just ran the reception perfectly. For the reception man all I can say is Zach(chef) is the truth, that food was so good and those green beans oh man!!!. When you go and book you have to make it to a tasting this guy knows what hes doing and he does it well, extremely well its no joke. And lastly but far from the least was Micah(officiant), I saved him for last because as we said the day of our ceremony he was the icing on a perfect cake, he was so comforting and supportive to us he put us so at ease and handled or ceremony with such care, it brought us nothing but happiness.This whole place from the staff (who actually look like they like working there), the venue (we were sent about a million selfies of people in the gazebo), the food, just everything we had to put it frankly a perfect no hassles day.

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Officiant
teamtk
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Words cannot express how wonderful everything turned out at Occasions! My daughter, Re'Anna, was married on July 6,2014 at Occasions. We could not have planned it any better. April in the office has been wonderful handling all my crazy questions and dealing with payments. Angela was so great doing all the photos and directing rehearsal, all the waiting time and crazy nerves. The bridal photos were so beautiful, I can't wait to see the wedding/reception photos. Peter with all the bride/groom requests for the reception, you handled everything so well and the reception went so smooth and everyone had a great time. Chef at the reception, the food was great and everyone loved it. Everyone working the bar and food for the reception did such a good job packing up everything for us and serving us with a smile. I have gotten many emails from everyone that streamed it over the web and they loved being able to be a part of it and said it looked so good they felt like they were there. I don't know why I ever stressed over it because everyone at the venue was so helpful, professional, and relieved all my nerves. Job well done to everyone at Occasions!!! Julie Rowlett

• Wedding: 07/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Thank you for making mg wedding day perfect in every way. EVERYTHING was beautiful and perfect in every way. Thank you!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Occasions is awesome in every way!!! I'm so glad I found y'all!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Occasions at Stone River is the BEST wedding venue! Everything about my wedding was perfect. Angela and and her staff are so laid back and easy going. The venue was gorgeous. It was everything I imagined it would be and much more. Thank you Occasions!

• Flexibility: 5.0

When my husband and got engaged a friend told me about occasions. I am so glad she did the place is beautiful and the staff is great . I would not change a thing.

• Wedding: 02/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I just want to say thank you to the wonderful staff at occasions. The venue was perfect in every way and totally amazing!

• Wedding: 02/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can simply go on and on about Occasions! Such a fabulous venue! My husband and I were on a very strict budget and had been looking everywhere before coming upon Occasions, only to find that other venues were super expensive and way out of our price range. Ms. Betty made it possible for us to get everything we wanted for our wedding. They have everything you would ever need for a wedding- ceremony, reception, food, cake- everything! They even had a pond with swans and also doves that you can symbolically release. Ms. Angela was incredible with the planning of the wedding and made sure that everything went so smoothly. She was also our photographer and took amazing pictures. Peter was a gem with the music selection- that man has a lot of patience! I never knew how hard it was to pick songs for a wedding! And, Chef Zach's food- the rancher selection- was such a hit! Everyone loved it! Mr. Crenshaw was the minister at the ceremony and was so thoughtful to get to know us and our love story. I am a very frugal person and I hate spending money, however, this place was just the right price and I have no regrets about my purchase. They have so many options, you can truly customize your wedding and your price. It was a wonderful deal! If you are looking for a beautiful, all-inclusive wedding venue on a small budget, check out Occasions! You will not be disappointed. :)

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When planning my wedding at Occasions At Stone River, my main contacts were Betty (owner) and Angela (Wedding Coordinator and more). These ladies are AMAZING!! I am so appreciative of all that they did, starting with our first meeting, to ensure that we were able to have a wedding worth remembering. Their website is perfect! It clearly details all that is to be expected in reference to hosting a wedding at their venue, including prices.

Both ladies kept an open line of communication with me, and all that was promised was delivered. The chapel and reception decor was PERFECT; The food and service during the reception were OUTSTANDING...hats off to the chef!!; The cakes were AWESOME, (exactly what I asked for); Everything seemed to run so smoothly; ..and on the day of my wedding Angela ensured that all of my request were filled, down to the smallest detail.

I truly enjoyed myself, and can say that I definitely had the wedding of my dreams. Occasions at Stone River ROCKS!! Thank you, and your other staff members, for doing all that you did to ensure that I had a wedding that was worth remembering.

My husband and I are very happy and we would recommend this venue to anyone! Thanks again, and best wishes to all of you in 2014.

• Wedding: 12/31/2013
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Occasions at Stone River was the first (and only) venue we looked at when trying to find the location for our ceremony.
Their flexibility and willingness to do whatever it takes allowed us to be worry free and enjoy our wedding day. Our guests loved the food (we chose the Rancher) and Peter and Micah kept our guests entertained throughout the afternoon.
I highly recommend Occasions at Stone River if you are looking for a venue with a staff that treats you like family and goes above and beyond to make sure your day is perfect. We are so thankful to have found them!

• Wedding: 12/15/2013
Anitra
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are so glad we chose to have our wedding at Occasions, they have such a great set-up. Everyone practically bent over backwards to make it perfect for us. Betty and Johnny were both great and a joy to get to know. Angela was great at communicating with me throughout the process and Diane had to fill in for Angela and checked up on me numerous times the day of the wedding. She was fabulous and everyone thought she did a great job. Everyone loved Peter the DJ and he got people out there dancing, the food was awesome and everyone should try those scalloped potatoes!! We had such great time and even though we had ice on our wedding day everyone still did what they needed to do and our wedding was everything we wanted. Thanks to the entire staff that made our wedding day awesome.
Thanks again,
Ross & Jessica Gettys

• Wedding: 12/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Occasions at stone river did my wedding . And they were great . My husband and I were so pleased on what a great job . They did in are wedding day. We loved the food and all the decorations that they put for us in are venue . Thanks again.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
214-674-0818
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards