Norwich Inn Weddings

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Had the most amazing small wedding here this past weekend. Michelle Strobel was amazing and answered all my questions quickly. The planning was so easy, the rooms were beautiful and the food was outstanding. We had the Garden Suite and when we came in after our reception, there was champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and rose petals. It was the most special day of my life. I would highly recommend the Spa at Norwich Inn.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Michele at the Norwich Inn did a wonderful job making our daughter's wedding day positively beautiful! Every detail last detail was absolutely perfect! As always at the Inn, the food was delicious! The staff was so attentive the day of the wedding all guests felt very well taken care of. As did the bride and groom when they stayed overnight in the bridal suite and had their massages the next day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Michele is absolutely wonderful to work with; she is organized and on top of her game. The rest of the staff on the night of our wedding was a dream. The bartenders and waitstaff were wonderful, they brought us hors d'oeuvres and drinks while we bustled the dress and while we made the rounds at cocktail hour. They also brought us and any guests who were out on the patio drinks. The staff brought all our decorations and gifts back up to the room and when we arrived after the wedding, we were welcomed by rose petals and strawberries. It was very romantic. I highly recommend the spa as well, as they did my makeup and Elle did a wonderful job. You will not regret having your wedding here!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband surprised me for our 25th anniversary. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. The spa & inn are equally beautiful and is the perfect place for a wedding. We had a private ceremony under a tree and took pictures in different areas of the grounds. We stayed over nite before the ceremony and had an amazing time. We had treatments, took classes, had dinner & breakfast and the staff in all areas of the spa & inn were amazing. I would highly recommend this for any size wedding. The wedding coordinator recommended Betty Allard to officiate our ceremony, and she did a beautiful ceremony

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I planned our wedding from 3,000 miles away and The Spa at Norwich Inn was beyond accommodating. Michele Strobel, the wedding manager, was the personification of professionalism. She guided us through the whole process, responded to all our questions immediately, and was very flexible with a few last minute changes we had. The value is outstanding. We would have paid twice as much with booking the venue and hiring a caterer had we gone any other route. Their packages are an excellent deal. The food was fabulous, the venue was gorgeous, and all of our guests had a blast!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was married at the Spa at Noriwch Inn in an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception during the busiest weekend for weddings at their location, October, peak leaf season. Even though our wedding and reception was small, 37 people, and there were 5 other weddings that same weekend, they made me feel like I was their highest priority and that they would do anything to make sure my wedding was the wedding of my dreams. And it was! The location was fabulous. All of my guests commented about how wonderful the property was, the location, and the staff. The outside location by the reflecting pond is gorgeous! And there are tons of rooms inside for receptions of all sizes and shapes. I had an amazing time and much of it had to do with the location. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married on 9/21/13 at the Spa at Norwich Inn with 84 guests attending. We had the rehearsal dinner, outside ceremony, reception and breakfast the next morning on site. This was a destination wedding of sorts so many guests stayed at the Inn. Our experience was Wonderful! Let me first say that Event Coordinator, Michele Strobel is AWESOME! She is super responsive to phone and email which I really appreciate. She had wonderful ideas and no does not seem to be in her vocabulary. She has an easy going positive energy and was a joy to deal with which made my life as the bride, very easy. She took care of absolutely Everything the day of the wedding and it went very smoothly. She is a pro at this!
The food at the Inn was wonderful and a big reason that we selected this venue. Filet Mignon was devine! Our guests are raving about the quality of the food and service of the staff. Everyone there knew how to do their job and they all did it Very well! The Inn is a beautiful location and the rooms were very nice. We were impressed and happy with every aspect of the Spa at Norwich Inn. We liked that we were the only wedding held that day so we had use of all the grounds. And the price of the package we selected was more than fair for the value we received. We highly recommend this location!!

Norwich Inn Weddings responded with the following comments:

Dear Renee
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our facility and your experience with Michele Strobel, our Wedding and Special Events Manager. It is always so nice to hear positive feedback from our guests.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Michele Strobal the event planner at the spa was always available and patient with emails and questions. We are so appreciative of her walking us through the steps every bit of the way. The waitstaff and banquet servers/ captains were amazing. Jen our personal server was super attentive and efficient. Maria the banquet captain was creative and helpful with directing everybody to where they needed to be. The stress was unnecessary because we were in good hands. I would tell future couples to relax and not worry about the small details because they will guide you in the right direction. The reception was set beautifully and the dinner and all our food was top grade- 5 star quality. The Spa at Norwich Inn was a perfect setting for our perfect day.

Profile Picture
Private User
2+ years ago

The spa was amazing i would so go back there what an elegant place for our wedding and the staff was awesome and very attentive to our guest and us needs.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Spa was an incredible setting for our wedding. The outdoor ceremony was beautiful - everything was green and in bloom in late May. The honeymoon suite was the perfect setting for those pre-wedding bridal prep pictures. The Spa was willing to wait until the day of the actual wedding to decide whether we had the wedding in or outdoors, unlike many other venues that seem to want to make that call based on a weather report. (Even if it had rained, they have a lovely indoor room that would have been perfectly fine to hold a ceremony in.) My husband and I have received rave reviews of the food, and for the actual reception, they assigned a waitress just to us so that we could still eat the food while socializing and dancing. (Without my asking for it, they also assigned someone to help out my disabled mom. I can't tell you how much that meant to me.)

Jill Fahey is their wedding coordinator, and she is amazing. She came in on a day off just for our pre-wedding tasting. She coordinated everything, including things I didn't even think of, so that our wedding went off smoothly and beautifully. At the end of our daytime reception, we went back to our room, exhausted - only to find an unexpected chicken caesar wrap and mineral water on the table (in addition to the chocolate strawberries, rose petals & prosecco that were expected in the package.) They'd also taken all the decorations from our reception and put a few tastefully around the suite, making it even prettier and more special. The next morning, we had our couples massage (also in the package) and ate lunch at Ascot's Pub. The waiters were happy to cut up the top layer of our wedding cake to share with our lunch guests, too.

Overall, it was a fabulous experience for my husband and me. I would highly recommend the Spa.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough good things about the Spa at Norwich Inn!

The staff is professional, the surroundings are beautiful and classy, and you can't beat the price for not having to worry about details!

Every staff person I encountered was polite, knowledgeable, and interaction was effortless.

I was raving about the venue before my wedding and I will continue to do so after as well!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

This was the best place for a warm and welcoming New England wedding. We did not have to worry about anything. Jill Fahey went above and beyond our expectations. She is direct and genuine while at the same time she listened to what we both wanted.

We had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception at the Norwich Inn. All of the food and service was on par with with you would get if you went to their award winning restaruant. Our guests continue to rave about the food (maple glazed salmon was the favorite and the prime rib was huge).

Afterwards, we had the garden suite for the wedding night. Rose petals were scattered from the door to the bed, champagne was on ice, and a tray of chocolate covered strawberries awaited our arrival. Knowing that the bride and groom do not get much time to eat during the reception, the also gave us tasty wraps, chips and bottled water.

The next morning, we took time to enjoy the spa with our couples massages.

Fantastic venue. If I could do it all over again, I would not change a thing.

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Spa at Norwich Inn was a dream location. Everyone involved with my big day went above and beyond in every way. I didn’t have to lift a finger the entire day and they made by day seamless! The food was beyond fabulous and we still have guests talking about it. The ambience and service is worth every penny!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Spa of Norwich Inn did an exceptional job hosting our wedding recepetion on 6/12/09. From the first steps of planning to the morning after the wedding our entire family and ourselves were treated like royality. The staff were calm and organized, the food was flavorful and scrumptous (my husband is a chef a Mohegan Sun and he thought the food was the best part). The venue itself was breathtaking; with white linen and green napkins the spa matched our color scheme perfectly. We will be recommending the Spa to everyone we see. With Weddings being financially stressful to begin with the Spa of Norwich Inn has made our little bit of money go a long way. The Spa turned our reception into the most glamorous event we have ever experienced. Thank You and Kudos to the Spa of Norwich Inn!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Michele was wonderful to work with while planning our wedding. She bent over backwards to make our day elegant, unique and enjoyable. At The Spa, little details are attended to for every facet of the occasion, which I appreciated. Michele took calls, emails, and in-person visits always with a smile and very responsively. She had terrific suggestions for saving money. For example, I wanted egg nog and hot chocolate to be served as guests entered, and she saved us money by suggesting we have it served butler style, so we paid only on consumption. All the food was phenomenal and the venue was gorgeous. The pastry chef worked with me to make a unique and elegant (as well as delicious chocolate) cake. Bert (the banquet manager) and Michele oversaw the production to ensure perfection - even helping me with a wardrobe issue moments before the ceremony. They are true professionals who give such great personal service you feel like you've always known them. I highly recommend The Spa to any bride!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is beautiful! Jill Fahey was AMAZING! The entire staff was very friendly, accepting, and attentive. Erica at Kennsington's was GREAT as well! We would recommend this venue for any event.