Northgate Country Club

4.3
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Thank you, Northgate for making our wedding so beautiful!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you to Morgan Mai for being so accommodating as we sorted through the details of a contract she didn’t originally write. Morgan, Tony, and the rest of the NGCC staff were extremely attentive and responsive to all of our needs and requests on our wedding day.

Although I was disappointed that Mother Nature nixed our plan to have the ceremony in Northgate's beautiful garden gazebo, I was quite impressed by how quickly and effortlessly everyone pulled together to turn the grand ballroom from ceremony set-up to reception set-up. Our guests all raved about how good the food and the service was (not to mention how beautiful the club is) and everyone seemed to have a great time despite the rain. I would absolutely recommend NGCC for your special event or wedding.

FTR - I personally suspect the negative review below from 6/14/14 may have been during the transition period between the departure of Misty (the outgoing events director) and the onboarding of Morgan (the new events director)... That's the ONLY thing I can possibly think of that would warrant such a review. IMHO it is in no way a reflection of Morgan, Tony, and Northgate's ability host an event, and it certainly doesn't reflect OUR experience with them... We had a WONDERFUL wedding and reception there!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

WOW!!! The food at this place...... unbelievable. The new executive chef Anthony is absolutely outstanding this guy is deserving of some michelins. Look out..Rising star is not far away.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This was the perfect place for our reception. Everyone had so much fun, and it helped that Northgate was SO pretty. I didn't even hire a florist, because the inside of Northgate is pretty in itself. Well worth it!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I highly recommend Northgate Country Club for your wedding!! My husband and I got married there this April 5th, and it was a great experience! We researched numerous venues around Houston to find an affordable venue with a beautiful setting, great food, and accommodating event staff. We found that at NGCC. We know 3 other couples that had wedding/receptions at NGCC over the years, and they recommended it to us because they all had great experiences too. I can’t say enough about Misty, the special events coordinator. She was extremely professional, friendly, and thorough in the venue preparation. She has been in special events/weddings for many years and it shows. We planned our wedding without a wedding planner, so I really appreciated that she was so on top of the venue details. She even coordinates directly with vendors about their arrival time and information. That took some weight off my shoulders. She was onsite on the wedding day to setup, troubleshoot and make sure vendors were arriving. That was such a big asset. (FYI- Hiring a day of coordinator elsewhere costs about ~$1,000.) We had a bridal attendant who tended to the girls as we got ready, and one who was assigned to my husband and me at the reception. She was amazing! She brought us water, cocktails, and appetizers immediately after the ceremony/wedding photos, since we were missing some of the cocktail hour. She kept up with us during the reception, without being intrusive. All of our guests had a blast and raved about how fun and beautiful our wedding was! Overall, we felt like Misty and NGCC really had it together and it was one of the best decisions of our wedding planning process.
Perks of NGCC: beautiful site, accommodating/professional staff, thorough venue planning, reasonable price, great food/appetizers, wedding vendor coordination for arrivals/deliveries, bridal attendant, bridal suite for getting ready, complimentary valet parking for guests, access to facility for bridal portrait session

Profile Picture
Stephanie
10/26/2013

From our first meeting with Misty, the event coordinator at Northgate Country Club, we knew we were in professional hands. Friendly, easy to work with and a great listener, Misty expertly guided us through the planning process. At the taste testing, Misty helped us pare down the many yummy choices by suggesting menu combinations. She also provided great advice on layout of the tables, band, cake, etc. and was amenable to changes we requested. Misty clearly communicated the service NGCC would provide and all services promised by Northgate were provided.

Above all, Northgate provide a STUNNING & ELEGANT reception for our romantic wedding. Our guests commented on how smoothly the entire event ran and how the mother of the bride and bride were both able to totally enjoy the festivities as all the details were taken care of. The florist, cake vendor and photographer were all on NGCC’s recommended vendor list and we experienced punctual, high quality service from all three. On the day of wedding, Misty coordinated the vendors and accurately set-up table name cards in advance of guest arrival. Artey, the venue’s attendant for the bride, assisted the bride with bustling her gown and brought fresh hors d’oeuvres to the newlyweds to eat in private before their introduction/first dance.

Upon arrival guests were met by an efficient valet service and guided into the cocktail hour. The food was hot, nicely arranged and delicious. The plated meal was served at a remarkable pace for a large event by courteous, attentive staff. We wined and dined amid the beautiful backdrop of the country club and took many photos on the breathtaking staircase. Months later, the wedding guests still compliment the venue and what a wonderful reception it was to attend!

A big thank you to Misty and the Northgate Country Club staff for helping us create such a memorable, exquisite evening for our wedding. We highly recommend NGCC for weddings!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Northgate is a gorgeous venue, and Misty and the rest of the staff were outstanding. We are so grateful we chose Northgate because they truly made our fairytale wedding a dream come true. Everything was on point the day of our wedding, and all of our family and guest gave compliments to Misty and the staff the entire evening! I would highly recommed this venue to anyone :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The friendliness and professionalism surpassed all expectations!
Highly recommend Northgate Country Club!
The event manager, Misty Hersey, is outstanding!
A+++ Rating!
Event Date: January 28, 2012

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had the most amazing experience at Northgate! Our wedding reception was held there on July 31, 2011. From the personalized service to the amazing food and beautiful venue, I couldn’t have asked for a better reception! Our coordinator Misty was so helpful every step of the way and was always available via email or cell phone. She went out of her way to make sure that everything was perfect! We opted for lemonade to be served during the reception and since my colors were black and white and hot pink, Misty arranged for there to be pink lemonade! It was perfect! She was there the entire reception and helped me fix my dress bustle that broke. I had a bridal attendant as well and I didn’t have to do a thing the entire night. The food at Northgate is to die for and I STILL get compliments from our guests on how delicious the food was! All in all, Northgate was the perfect venue for our reception and I highly recommend it to all of my friends and family!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Misty helped us with our daughters wedding planning at Northgate in July 2011.
She was very personable and friendly and kept in touch regularly through call & e-mails. She set up a date for us to get the Bridal portraits taken there and they turned out beautiful - everything there is so perfect for a wedding. The wedding reception was fabulous and beautiful. Every staff member at Northgate went above & beyond. They provided our daughter( the Bride) with her own personal assistant for the evening - WOW! Something we never had or even thought about when our oldest daughter was married 2 years earlier at another venue. What a GEM! She was amazing & brought the bride and groom food, made sure they always had something to drink as they visited with guests, and even sent them off on their honeymoon with a "To-Go" Box of food for the hotel and for their morning, since they were so busy! She was amazing. When the loops on the brides dress broke loose, her assistant and Misty form Northgate all rallied to pin the brides dress and sew loops back on. I can't say enough about the fabulous food and the frinedly staff. All of our friends and guests were wow-ed!!
We have more daughters ahead and will strongly encourage them to consider Northgate again. They made everything so easy!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding reception was held at Northgate Country Club in July. She and I were both planning this event living out of state and we had such a WONDERFUL experience!!! The venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff were a delight to work with through the entire planning process. Misty, our event coordinator, was right on top of things the entire time. Our tasting session was a blast! When we arrived at the reception, I will never forget pulling into the drive and seeing all of the huge windows aglow with candlelight - it was truly a magical evening for us and for all of our guests. My daughter and I had a very specific idea of what we wanted the reception room to look like and how we wanted our decor placed - Misty surpassed our expectations!! It was just exquisite! The food was incredible and my daughter and son-in-law were treated like royalty!!! My husband and I even had our own attendant - it was the most unbelievable service!!! Our friends and family kept commenting on how beautiful the setting was, how delicious the food was, and how FUN the reception was!!! THANK YOU, thank you to Misty, Jemma and all of the Northgate staff for a truly special and unforgettable wedding reception for our precious daughter and son-in-law!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely loved Northgate Country Club and couldn't have asked for a better reception there! I was nervous at first because in the middle of the wedding planning, Northgate got a new wedding coordinator named Hanna. Well, let's just say me and my mom did not like her very much and she seemed very rude and unprofessional! Then, my prayers were answered and I received an email from Misty saying she was the new wedding coordinator and I would be working with her from then on. And from then on, everything was perfect. Misty was very flexible with everything I needed. When we met her for the first time to do the food tasting, it was such a relief to have a nice, honest, and cheerful wedding coordinator, instead of what we had at first in Hanna(the previous, stuck-up coordinator).
So it was the day before my wedding and of course there has to be something to stress me out! Well, we came to set up my linens that we rented from Linen Designs(please be advised to NEVER rent from them!) and they were absolutely terrible! The chair covers were all different shades of brown and different types of fabrics, the sashes were frayed all around the edges, and every piece of linen looked like they were bundled up in a trash bag and used as a bed to sleep on! They were so wrinkled and so embarrassing! I eventually broke down and was crying, and once Misty came upstairs and saw the linens and how upset I was, she immediately offered to call and talk to the linen company(I wouldn't really consider it a company, but I couldn't think of a better word that was appropriate!) The company told her that they would come out later that day and fix the linens. Misty assured me that it was going to be ok and to stop stressing and enjoy my rehearsal and big day the next day! So that's what I did! It wasn't until the next day that I found out that the linen company lied and they never came to fix the linens! Could have been a crisis, but fortunately for me Misty rented a steamer herself and got an iron and fixed my linens for me. That was way outside of her job description and she did not have to do that! She basically saved me from having another breakdown and I was able to enjoy the wedding without worrying about the linens!
Also, we were running late from the church getting to the reception and I was nervous because we were given a specific time line of how everything was going to run, and now it was going to be all messed up! Well, luckily for us Misty was waiting at the door to arrive to explain our new timeline and how everything was going to run! As we tried to hurry up and bustle my train so we could go upstairs and make our entrance, my maid of honor couldn't figure out to bustle it! I was anxious to get up there and was getting frustrated, but Misty came and fixed it for me!
The rest of the night ran very smoothly and was absolutely perfect. Everything from the food, to our own personal attendant, to our awesome wedding coordinator was none other than perfect! I'm so glad I chose Northgate Country Club to have my reception! I would absolutely recommend any future bride to have their reception there! Thank you to all the Northgate Country Club staff, and especially to Misty Hersey for making my wedding so perfect!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue with delicious food! Our reception looked like a fairy tale and was absolutely amazing. Additionally, Misty (the event coordinator) was very easy to work with and I was allowed to use the space at an earlier date to take my bridal portraits. May 21, 2011

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding was as perfect as it could get! I loved my wedding planner, Lindsay. I am a very organized person and do not trust many people to take over my projects, but I felt at complete ease letting Lindsay help control my day. Both the ceremony and reception went great. I had about 200 guests and Everyone told me that they absolutely loved the food. People loved the view of the lake and golf course too. I have not heard one negative comment about the wedding. I am extremely happy with the way my wedding turned out. I absolutely recommend that anyone use Northgate for any wedding or any other event.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Northgate to the rescue. Our first venue canceled on us because of damages from hurricane Ike. We searched and I was about to settle when we came across Northgate. I instantly fell in love with that place. Not only the venue but the ceremony outside. It was definitely not in our budget but I had to have it. It was my dream wedding and I didn't care how many arms or legs were going to get cut off just for me to have this place. Not only was this place amazing, Lindsay was also amazing. She helped out so much, she was 100% involved and if I needed some kind of help at midnight...she would respond to her email or facebook ASAP.
The food was amazing, they worked with us on a special menu. We didn't want the norm when it comes to wedding food. We wanted a spin off of latin food. They made it happen!
The day of the rehearsal I was pretty bummed because it was going to pour the next day as well as the rest of the weekend. I wasn't too happy with plan b or c....I just didn't think that looked as beautiful as the outside ceremony. Lindsay once again came to my rescue. She offered the stairs as a ceremony site and I had to have it. The percentage of rain for the day of the wedding was 80 and Lindsay kept saying to keep our fingers crossed. I told her...rain or shine...I want it on the stairs. :)
It poured all morning and when the ceremony started, it stopped raining...the rest of the night was clear as well as the rest of the weekend. Which means good luck to our marriage. :)

Thanks to all of the staff including Lindsay!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Northgate Country Club is a beautiful venue with a wonderful staff who truly set out to make your day wonderful. Michelle is great and really listens to what you want and works to make the day work as smoothly as possible. The food there is incredible and there are tons of options to work with. Everyone who attended commented on how gorgeous everything was and how perfect the day was. It truly was everything we wanted for our wedding day.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue