Modern Image Studios: Chicago, Downers Grove, Schaumburg, Orland Park

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

We chose Marta, from Modern Image, for our wedding day photographer. We were fortunate enough to have an engagement session with her first and loved her work. On the day, she was prompt, helpful, enthusiastic, and overall wonderful to work with! She didn't waste any time getting shots done. We are really looking forward to seeing her work when we get our pictures back in a few weeks!!

4.7

I had a great experience with this vendor! they matched the price of the other vendor and I got way more than what I paid for it...MODERN IMAGE=VALUE!

I was on a budget and they gave me a package deal with a discount and understood what I needed and made it work!

I would definitely recommend working with Kelly and Alec.

4.3

Modern Images as the company was kind of pain to work with. The woman we met with when we first signed our contract when on materinity leave and didn't notify us so we had to deal with a new person in the office who didn't really seem like he knew what was going on. Then after the wedding they tried charging us for time we had already paid for. Miscommunication on their part and it was resolved, but still annoying none the less.
Now, our photographer, John S, was awesome!!!!
He was great!! I had never met him before our wedding day, only viewed his portfolio, and I was so happy with the decision we made to have him capture our wedding day.
He made me comfortable while photographing, and even made us laugh quite a bit.
He captured our day just as we had wanted. So easy to work with, and very professional at the same time. I would definately recommend using Modern Images only because John is part of their staff, and he rocked!!!

Recently Married

My husband and I selected Modern Image for photography, videography, and photo booth. We worked with the Schaumburg location throughout the planning process. From our first meeting until the wedding day, Modern Image was very helpful! They answered any questions we had and made sure we felt comfortable with our selections. Our photographer was Joe N. and we loved him! We were fortunate enough to take our engagement photos with him about a year before the wedding and then again on our big day! Joe is great- he is so nice and we genuinely had fun taking pictures with him. Our videographer was Scott, and while we didn't know him as long, he was great too! After receiving our photo proofs and our wedding video, we feel that we made a great choice. Only negative feedback is that the photo booth people forgot to bring the props to the reception. Luckily, it wasn't a big deal and people still had a great time. Because of the mistake, Modern Image was nice enough to give us an upgrade on our album. We should be receiving our album any time now, and we can't wait to see the finished product! Overall, Modern Image was a great choice for us and we would highly recommend them!

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography

Couldn't be more happy with how Modern Image conducts business. From start to finish, Modern Image was very easy to get in contact with and even made some last minute changes to our contract no problem. We picked our own photographer at our initial meeting with Gerry, who was amazing, and their in-house studio was great as well. Our photographer Joe N was top-notch, very professional the whole day and was so positive. We also used Brian as our videographer, he and Joe both called the week of to finalize plans and reassure us that the day will go well. We can't wait to see our pictures and would recommend Modern Image to anyone. Thanks again!

Lisa & Rick
10/3/14

Services Used: Photography, Videography

They were great. Our photographer Jeff was willing to go all over Chicago with us and took great pictures. We would definitely recommend to everyone. He was very energetic and had great ideas for pictures.

Services Used: Photography, Videography

We had the most amazing photographer (Bridget) and videographer (Brian) for our wedding. Bridget and Brian were so amazing to work with and did a great job of making sure to capture all of the moments we wanted. We also had so much fun working with them. It was super easy to work with them and we gave both of them flexibility to be as creative as possible so we would get the best pictures of our wedding day.

The responsiveness of those working in the office at Modern Wedding is also fantastic. They are all very quick to respond to emails or phone calls and always willing to help. We had some challenges with the website form at first but got it all fixed and it worked out fine.

I can't wait to see our pictures and video, but I am not worried as we had the best team would could have asked for.

Thanks Bridget, Brian and the rest of the team at Modern Wedding Solutions for making our wedding day a blast.

Kelly
09/14/2014

Modern image staff were very kind and enjoyable to work with. They were attentive to things we cared about throughout the whole process. They had great communication with us throughout the planning, which was comforting! Everything turned out wonderful! Our flowers were beautiful and unique. Our photographer was fantastic and fun to work with.

Services Used: Flowers, Photography

Our photographer and videographer were awesome! They both went above and beyond to make our day about us.. we asked for more action shots and Brian certainly did that! The spontaneous shots were gorgeous and just breathtaking.. Thank you modern image for your great work!

Tabatha
08/24/2014

We worked with Modern Image Studios for our wedding. Our photographer was John Kalad. He was amazing!!! He made me feel really comfortable and helped out with anything that he could on our big day!! Our videographer was Brian ?? He was great as well! He and John worked really well together to get the video and photos perfect!! I have not received our video or photos yet (we got married 2 weeks ago) but I'm sure the will be amazing!!! I can't wait to get them!!!

I would've given MIS a 5 star rating but we had a major issue with our photo booth. After about an hour of our guests taking photos in the photo booth, it was brought to my attention that the names on the photos we wrong!!! Kim (photo booth attendant) said she couldn't change the name on the photos but could clear the wrong names off. So my guest went home with photos with either the wrong names on it or no names at all. Which was a big disappointment for me. BUT Jeff Owen contacted me and apologized for the mistake and is sending me extra copies of the photos so I can distribute them.

Overall the experience was great minus the mix up with the photo booth.

Services Used: Photography, Videography

I would highly recommend Modern Image. I have worked with them as both a member of the wedding party and as the Bride. Both times the photographers were professional, timely, and of the highest quality. The turnaround time from event to finished product was always faster than expected and the format of files makes it easy to download, save, share, and print pictures. The admin team is also super helpful and understanding of budget, deadlines, and the process that goes into planning the perfect day. The opportunity to work with the same photographer for both the engagement shoot and the wedding is something that I loved and made us feel so comfortable! We have already recommended Modern Image Studios to friends planning their wedding in the Chicago area and will continue to do so for years to come. Definitely a top notch organization worthy of all the accolades they have received!

4.2

We chose Modern Image Studios because we felt it was a good value. We were able to pick a photographer at our initial consultation based on our photography style preference. I really like that they guarantee a back-up photographer. Joe N. was GREAT! He responded promptly to any question I had prior to the wedding. I'm not very artistic, and he had no problem taking the lead the day of the wedding as far as scouting out locations & directing the bridal party. Our pictures took a little over 3 weeks and they are BEAUTIFUL! Honestly I couldn't be happier with them & felt like we got a great deal. Kelly & the office staff were also very responsive throughout the process. I never felt like they were trying to sell me anything or get me to put a deposit down before I was ready. Can't wait to put my photo album together!

Recently Married

We had a great experience with Modern Studio. After searching around a bit, we realized it wasn't easy finding a wedding photog on a tight budget. Our friends recommended this company. After meeting with them and perusing some of the work, we were sold.

At the wedding, we heard nothing but praise for our wonderful photographer Michael. He was so wonderful working around the room and providing exactly what we asked for. He captured every important moment and was so friendly and personable at the same time. We would definitely recommend this company.

Services Used: Photography

We loved working with them! Gerry, the sales manager that we worked with was a little flighty and wasn't responding to our emails all the time. I also had set up a meeting with the staff and they blew us off. When we called back about an hour after our original time, they told us "oh, we have meetings on Mondays". I am fine with that, but then the meeting shouldn't have been scheduled on a Monday.

For our photographer, we had Jeff Owen, who is the Director of Photography for Modern Image Studios. I felt like things were a little slow in terms of us finding out about all of the wedding stuff on Tuesday before the wedding. That is when we finalized all of the stuff with the photobooth. On Tuesday, Jeff talked to my fiance and got things straightened out, but he had been having computer problems and there were issues with communication. I even got a text message from him Thursday night freaking out about timing for a wedding that wasn't ours. On the day of the wedding, he was on his phone a lot and missed a lot of photo opportunities. He explained that it was because something was wrong with the photobooth stuff, but I wasn't happy.

Brian, our videographer, was phenomenal. He was TOTALLY invested in us and what we wanted. We talked on Monday night for almost an hour going through all of the detals. He was wonderful the day of too.

We had a second photographer, Alex, and I didn't really get to talk to her much, but I know she was taking a lot of pictures! We also used their open photobooth and it was AWESOME! Getting their memory book and photobooth attendant was PHENOMENAL!

Services Used: Photography, Videography

When I initially started my search for a photographer/videographer I was taken back by how expensive everything was! Quite honestly I initially picked Modern Image because their prices were really reasonable AND I was able to get a copy of all the pictures rather than being tied to printing only through the company which can become really expensive! I did like the style of the photographer but was even more impressed after I received my pictures. Wow they were all amazing. I have SO many GREAT pictures to choose from. USE JULIE VALKANET!!! She is so wonderful!!

1+ year ago

LOVED the photos and video we had! The photos were exactly what we wanted and the video brought me to tears!