Metamorphosis New York

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

This is one of the best make up & hair companies around! I am so glad I chose them to be a part of my wedding process! Not only are they taking care of me as the bride, but my bridesmaids and close relatives also! They are so amazing & sweet!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I loved working with Tracy A. from Metamorphosis!! After researching so many different hair artists and going for trials, I am so glad I chose Tracy. She is amazingly talented and patient. I didn't know what I wanted exactly at first, and Tracy took the time to try different styles on me without making me feel I was bothersome. Not only is she talented, she is incredibly sweet, accommodating and funny! Tracy makes you feel comfortable and at ease during the stressful wedding planning process. I loved her so much that I booked her for my bridal shower and bachelorette party in addition to my wedding. I will definitely be using her for all future events I have to go to that I want to feel and look fabulous for! I highly recommend Tracy to all my friends. Book her, you won't regret it!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

After trying other makeup artists I chose Jackie Norwalk to do my makeup and that of my Wife. Neither of us wears much makeup and as we are older than most first time brides Jackie understood what we needed and made magic happen. She also with the help of her assitant Megan worked on my bridal party who also are not much with wearing makeup. Jackie and Megan were able to focus on each girl and meet their needs from one bridesmaid who is very allergic and they worked with her makeup so as to be sure no allergic reactions happened during the big day. We all were ready for photos and we all looked great. We had choosen the Maid of Makeup and Jackie worked her butt off running in between phot0 takes to keep my makeup fresh while we were outdoors.
I actually have a photo of her sprinting away to let the photographer do his job and to keep out of they way she is fast and good. She is also a pleasure to work with. On your big day when you want to look your best and stay calm and enjoy the preperation you want Jackie to do your Makeup.

This same company also got me my Hairstylist Jasmin Godinho who worked right beside Jackie getting us all ready. Jasmine is an artist with the hair. I had no idea and was growing it out and having to change the color to hide the grey and she worked with all these twists to make my hair look great that day. She also had the challange of making my Wifes hair look great and she has long hair and does not like anything on her hair but Jasmin created lovely locks that even my fussy wife loved the look. Jasmine was also great in adjusting to the hair needs of my bridesmaids and they all looked lovely. She too was up to the challange of our hair during the outdoor photo shoots.

I would recommend each or the better deal is get them as a team and truely make your big day your most beutiful day ever. These ladies are true artist in their crafts and helped add to the great things on our special day and they will do so to yours.

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

Maria Vlantis (hair) and owner, Danielle Nafte (make up), were PHENOMENAL!! They listed carefully carefully to what I had in mind for my hair and make up, offered suggestions in a polite and professional way and most importantly made me feel absolutely stunning on my wedding day! I would HIGHLY recommend this company, and specifically, these 2 wonderful women to make you feel gorgeous for any special occasion. I will most definitely be using their services again!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

There really are no words to describe how AMAZING Alaina from Metamorphis is. My wedding was on 3/21/15 and I could not be happier with how my hair came out! Everyone keeps asking me who did my hair because it was so eloquent and beautiful. Alaina is truly a beautiful and sweet person inside and out! She is a perfectionist at what she does and it really shows! Nor rain,sleet, or snow could keep her from doing an amazing and beyond professional job (it was a blizzard for my trial, and snowed the morning of my wedding!) Alaina was so understanding about how I wanted my hair and so in tune to what my mother and sister wanted as well. My sister (MOH) looked absolutely stunning!! I would 100% use Alaina for not only weddings but any special occasion in the future! She makes you feel so comfortable and relaxed! She is AMAZING, simply amazing! Thank you so much Alaina!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I used Alaina and Renee for my daughter's wedding. Alaina did my hair and Renee did my makeup! They were both amazing! They helped the day run smoothly! They really helped my daughter feel wonderful. They both did the bridal party's and the bride's hair and makeup! Alaina did my hair beautifully. Even though my hair is thin, it looked AMAZING! Renee was able to cover any blemishes that I had!! My hair and makeup lasted the whole entire day through the evening! I recommend both of them very highly! I would use them anytime! They are wonderful!!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Working with Rachael and Diamond for my wedding was beyond amazing!! Both of them kept me calm through out my entire process from the time they came to do my trial to the time I walked down the aisle! Both of these ladies did myself, my entire bridal party and our mothers. They were both so creative with all of our looks and such a BLAST to work with!! I would recommend either one of them and hope I have the pleasure of working with them again!! Thank you for making all of us beautiful ladies!!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Sia was my makeup artist. To say that she was an absolute pleasure to work with is an understatement. She was extremely helpful every step of the way, from when we started the trials up until the wedding day over a year later. Sia made herself available when I needed her and was responsive to my text messages when I had a question about a certain makeup look I was considering. She went above and beyond, was very friendly, accommodating and maintained her professionalism throughout the process. I am very particular and rarely like how anyone does my makeup. But, Sia really listened about what worked for me and what didn't. When I said that I don't like to wear foundation, she improvised with a tinted moisturizer to even out my skin. When I told her I'm not a fan of contouring, she played up my cheeks with a blush and highlighter instead. She was even patient with me when I took the eyeliner to show her how I liked my winged tip. All the while, we had a great time talking and laughing like she was one of my girlfriends. Sia did a beautiful job and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for quality makeup! She's awesome!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Alaina was the most amazing hair dresser. My bridal party my mother and myself were so impressed by how wonderful she is to work with. I cannot wait to hire her again!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I used Melissa for makeup and Maria for hair! These two ladies did a perfect job for my wedding and I absolutely love them!!!!!!!! I would recommend both of them to everyone and anyone! They made my dreams come true and made me feel like the most beautiful bride in the world! Thank you Metamorphosis Nwe York!!!!!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Working with Diamond was an absolute pleasure. She’s AMAZING!!! From the moment I met her she was friendly and professional. At my hair trial, Diamond was able to embrace my vision and gave me great advice on the type of hairstyle that would flatter me. She was able to transform the description of what I wanted into the perfect hairstyle. On my special day Diamond arrived on time and fully equipped with everything she needed. Diamond did an AWESOME job!!! She made me feel and look beautiful on my special day. My hair was absolutely perfect and lasted all through the night. I would recommend her in a heartbeat to anyone who is looking for someone who does beautiful work, professional and has such positive attitude.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

What an amazing experience and most of all the fabulous results for my wedding, Korina Cardenas from Metamorphosis made me look like a million bucks and my girls too. My makeup did not move - yet it looked natural and flawless. My wedding was seven hours and my makeup looked beautiful every hour. I recommend Korina Cardenas from Metamorphosis to any gal looking to wow family, friends, and guest for any event. Two weeks later and my family and friends are still talking about how spectacular my makeup looked. Korina's professionalism, care to detail and instruction were tremendous and I will definitely have her do my makeup for other functions in the future. Lucy

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Victoria Torres was amazing!! She was extremely professional and listened well to what I wanted. She was easygoing and knowlegelbale and provided a lot of information about makeup application and taught me tricks that I can use forever. I couldnt have been happier with the results and the process of working with Victoria at Metamorphisis!!! AWESOME!!!!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I used Jaclyn Accetta and Sue Heinrich for makeup and hair. Jaclyn did a great job with my makeup and I love how it turned out! She also did the makeup for my bridal party (10 women). Two weeks before my wedding, I realized that the morning we would be tight on time. I emailed Jaclyn and she was able to bring a second makeup artist to assist so everyone was ready on time. I was SO appreciative that she was that flexible so close to the wedding date. Sue did a great job on my hair, including my extensions that she prepped before the wedding date. My hair actually stayed curled for 12+ hours and I loved it. They are the best and I would highly recommend them to any bride!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I booked Alaina for hair and Julianna for makeup. I could not have had a better experience on one of the most important days of my life! From the trial, up to the wedding day, both Alaina and Julianna were fun, supportive, accomodating and professional all the way through. I felt like a true queen on my wedding day, they made me look even more beautiful than I could have imagined! I received so many compliments from our guests, and from those who did not attend and saw pictures. I would highly recommend both Alaina and Julianna for any girl's wedding or any special occassion. Alaina now does my hair on the regular because she is so great!

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

Melissa (makeup) and Maria (hair) exceeded my expectations, and I highly recommend them! I was able to meet with them, both (at my own apartment), for a hair and makeup trial--and then again, when I changed my mind and wanted to try something different! What a dynamic duo! They were amazingly flexible, and did a great job of making me feel comfortable and confident in regards to my wedding day. We tried a few different looks, and they both were more than happy to accommodate any requests. Melissa even traveled to my parents house in NJ to give my mother a makeup trial, and in a way, became part of the family during the few months before the big day. In addition, we were in contact quite often before the wedding day to coordinate logistics around a time-line and options for different members of the bridal party.

The actual "day of" would not have run as smoothly if Melissa and Maria were not there. They arrived ahead of time to set up their tools and began on schedule. They even finished the bridal party ahead of schedule! When we arrived at the venue, they went above and beyond just hair and makeup. Besides from everyone looking flawless, they helped me get into my dress, addressed any needs I had during photographs (brought me a glass of water and napkins to stand on so my heels would not get dirty), and were ready for hair and makeup touchups. Maria even took amazing pictures of the day, and sent them to me to share with my family! They really did a great job of putting everyone at ease, and I can honestly say that the day would not have been as special without them there.

Overall, I highly recommend Maria and Melissa! I just wish I had an excuse to work with them again!