Mena Catering

Value
Flexibility
roxyohmy
03/27/2015

A M A Z I N G. Food was such an important part of our day and boy did Mena meet and surpass every single expectation.
Lily and her team were a pleasure to work with. They were always responsive and helped us with any changes we wanted. Their tastings were amazing, we had 2 :) there was some missing appetizers in the first one and they offered to do a complete full tasting again at no charge, that is what I call service. They worked so hard to ensure we had everything we wanted and tweaked their menu around to our vision. The day of the wedding it was seamless, from start to finish the food was amazing and the service was beyond anything we could ever have hoped for. We were so busy with everything going but they made sure to serve us as soon as we sat at our sweetheart table and even made sure I had some food before the ceremony began. Ours guest have not stopped raving about how delicious everything was. We look forward to being able to work with them again in the future. I think I'll make up a celebration. I want those lamb sliders again!!

Shannan
03/07/2015
4.7

Where do we begin? From day 1, I think Lily knew I was a high-maintenance bride, a kind/sweet one, but I am more detailed than anyone I know, and I think she could tell. We hit it off from the beginning at our amazing, AMAZING tasting, and from there, Lily handled my 300 menu and rental changes over the next year with nothing but grace and kindness. We had a very specific plan for the day of the wedding, and we were totally ready to execute. However, we did not have a solid "rain plan.” We all just figured it was South Florida, and how bad could it really get? We expected a shower, but nothing more. Boy, were we wrong. Right as our guests boarded buses to come to the venue, the rain came pouring down... on top of EVERYTHING. Our entire reception was set up outside, and had to be rushed into the mansion at Vizcaya. Lily and her team or servers and chefs had to figure out how to selvage all of our items and have a ceremony, seated dinner, reception, band, and dj all inside of the small courtyard at the Vizcaya mansion. Tears began to fall down my face as I realized our dream wedding was now "ruined" - or so I thought, but my planner and Lily had everything under control. They flipped the entire space upside down in a matter of about 45 minutes with all of their staff running around in garbage bags! It wasn't at all what we had planned... but it was as beautiful as it could have possibly been. I have no clue how they did it, but they solved our nightmare and made it into a magical, perfect evening. Our guests were so delighted that they cheered as we finally made it down the aisle inside of the mansion. Lily and her team handled chaos with grace and composure. They even had a waiter follow us around all night to assure that we tried all of the DELICIOUS food. Our guests cannot stop raving about the amazing food. It's the talk of my parents neighborhood! Do yourself a favor and don't choose anyone else :). WE LOVE YOU LILY & Mena!

Services Used: Catering

Amazing experience. Food was fantastic service was excellent. Mr Mena was incredible to work with an extremely nice. Everything turned out the way I hoped for.

Services Used: Catering

Where to even begin?!?! Lily was AMAZING throughout the whole planning process. I changed a lot of things around throughout the planning process and Lily was more than helpful. The day of the wedding, Leo and the staff were excellent. He always made sure my husband and I had food and a drink in our hands.

The food: AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!! I wanted to keep eating all night and everyone else felt the same way. People kept coming up to us and telling us how much they LOVED the food. We had two stations; a Cuban Fried Rice Station and a Mash Station along with 6 hors d'oeuvres that were passed out.

I can't wait to have a party and use Mena! Highly recommend them!!

Recently Married

I had a tradition wedding at my parents house with about 140 people. They were super flexible when in the last week my wedding jumped from 116 to 140. They created a menu to exactly what I was looking for and to match my particular needs and vision for my wedding. The result was amazing and unique. Some of the best servers I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with and Lily was so helpful, understanding, and knowledge... and super patient!!!! The food and staff were simply phenomenal. After my wedding the guest raved about the food. When my husband and I got to eat at the end of the night they made sure we had a little of everything. I can not explain how OMG delicious it was. They will be my first call for any events I have in the future.

Services Used: Catering

Jorge and the team at Mena Catering are truly one of a kind. Their expertise not only in catering, but in events made them an invaluable resource in planning my home wedding. The vendors they brought in were all wonderful but the Mena staff is really what sets them apart. Their crew is so elegant, kind, and accommodating. From the trays of champagne at arrival to the midnight snacks they passed around the dance floor, the food and service was flawless.

My husband and I couldn't believe how attentive they were to our needs. Leo (the best) made sure my hand always had a glass in it (alternating cocktails and water). While they were bustling my dress, he met us with a tray of every delicious bite that was being served at the cocktail hour, (which was no less than 3 acres away).

During planning, Mena was a reassuring presence. He was so confident in the ability of his crew, and rightfully so. He is always ready with a new idea or a creative spin. When I told him I wanted Louisiana inspired stations at the reception and formal French hors d'oeuvres at the cocktail hour he immediately understood the vision and developed a custom menu for us. Everything was delicious and presented beautifully. Our guests are still raving about the creative and delicious food!

Food was such an important part of my wedding and I wouldn't have trusted it to anyone else! Mena has been catering my family's events for three generations now, and I plan to keep that going long into the future.

Recently Married
3.4

The food was delicious and I received tons of compliments on how amazing it was. The service staff and their professionalism could use serious improvement.

Services Used: Catering

I absolutely recommend Mena catering - this was the highlight of our wedding and I can't thank them enough for providing the best food, the best experience and the best value for our money!! Working with Mena and Jose Luis was the best decision as they gave us piece of mind since the day that we started working with them - I knew I was in really good hands. We met with many many Catering companies and nobody had the level of professionalism that we found with Mena. They will always work with you based on your needs and find solutions for your budget.

1+ year ago
3.3

Mena Catering provided a DELICIOUS menu for our wedding. One of the most challenging parts, was choosing from an extensive menu of options to serve at the wedding. His food is undoubtedly top notch. He's not very cheap but he's definitely the best (or one of the best) at what he does. It can also be a bit challenging getting a reply from him. Not the most responsive. But...at the end, it all gets done and it was delicious! I would also like to add that when you get to interact with him, he's a very nice, friendly man!

Services Used: Catering

Loved Mena! The food for my wedding was delicious and the service was great. The catering staff were super nice about making sure that me and my husband ate. Would definitely recommend them.

Services Used: Catering

The catering company impressed us with great tasting service prior to the wedding. We were able to choose few appetizers, entrees, salads, and desserts. We loved the professionalism of the owner from the beginning. His experience, kindness, and great food was enough to impress us. We had some issues with the weather so the wedding on the last minute had to been changed quite a bit on the day of the wedding. I was little worried about it but my friends and Mena catering professional staff made it all work to perfection.I couldn't been happier. The appetizers, entrees, salads was fabulous. Everybody was very impressed with the food and professionalism, friendliness of the staff.

Services Used: Catering

I had been to a party a few months before i was engaged and I was blown away by the food and service. The minute I was engaged and started planning my wedding the first thing I did was find out who catered that party! Once I found out it was Mena thats were my planning began. Mena catering was so attentive from day one! We were so impressed by their professionalism throughout the whole process but even more blown away the day of our wedding. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. All of our guest are still talking about how amazing the food and service was. They are one of the main reasons why our wedding was exactly what we wanted and so much more!!!! The entire staff and crew are all so sweet and helped us feel relaxed and assured that everything was going to be amazing (as it was)!

I can't thank them enough!
If you are looking for amazing food and service Mena catering is it!

Services Used: Catering

We are so happy that we hired Mena Catering to cater our wedding. From the start, they were responsive, kind and professional. For a bride planning a wedding from out of state, I needed vendors who could communicate with me well over the internet and phone. They never dropped the ball in our conversations and this made me confident I had made the right choice. Also, when we had our tasting, the food was delicious. Working with Lily, Jorge and the rest of the Mena team was truly wonderful. Everyone raved about the food and service at the wedding, and Quincy and I were thrilled to our own personal waiter throughout the evening. We were also touched to have Jorge stop by to say hi. It's these kind of personal touches that definitely know they go above and beyond for their clients. We are happy to recommend them to anyone who needs their event catered. Our food was marvelous!! Guests are still talking about it. We can't thank them enough!
Sincerely,
Sophia and Quincy

Services Used: Catering

I had heard great things about Mena Catering but they turned out to be even better than we imagined! We hired Mena Catering for our cocktail hour and sit-down dinner. The hor’devours were delicious and made with both our cultures in mind! We even had our own signature drink for the cocktail hour (Strawberry Basil Mojito) that was a hit! All of our guests were raving that they had never been to a wedding with such great food and service. The food did not feel mass produced and is top quality. The service was impeccable… very professional and everything went according to schedule. Both Jorge Mena and Lily were a pleasure to work with. Mena himself attended our wedding and made sure that we were happy with his service. We will definitely be using them for any other event and we whole-heartedly recommend them to anyone. Thank you Jorge and Lily! Ele & Umbee

4.1

Mena provided the catering for our wedding and the food was delicious. Our guests are still raving about the appetizers and dinner. The late night bites were also a very fun and creative touch. Having many guests traveling from around the country, we were happy to show them what great Latin food! Thanks again, Jorge!

Services Used: Catering

Mena and Lily!!! When guest at your wedding come around and tell you that they have never had such amazing food at a wedding before, you realized that your choice of catering was the right one. 24 hours later and I am still receiving phone calls just to let us know that our food was incredible. Ariel and I cannot say thank you enough for everything that you put together for our event. Your service was spectacular, I have never seen anything like it before. We love you guys and want to say thank you one million times for making this the best day of our lives. We could not have asked for anything better. It was a true dream come true.