Meadow Wood Manor

Value
Flexibility
Danielle
06/26/2015

My husband and I fell in love with Meadow Wood Manor the moment we walked inside. We were between two places, however the Meadow Wood Manor had features of those two places giving us the picture perfect wedding we had hoped for. The ambience of the venue was perfect, from the chandelier to the great staircase to the charming roomie cocktail hour to the floor-to-ceiling windows in the actual room we were in love. As we entered the venue we were greeted by Mary Ellen who is extremely comforting and proud of her work. Soon after Jeff the owner joined our conversation and ensured us that every wedding he has is perfect and he is there to make sure of it. He was absolutely right. Upon our arrival to the cocktail hour he was there serving fresh crab and lobster on a beautiful silver tray, not making it known that he was the owner but just simply being a part of the team. All throughout the night he assured that my husband and I were comfortable, that my crowd was happy, and that we were having an enjoyable time. From the moment we got engaged I always told my husband that whatever we plan it would be because I fell in love with the person who ran that company and it was true I fell in love with the Meadowood Manor because of Jeff. Not many people are that family oriented and business oriented at the same time but he totally was and he stole our hearts. Not to mention the food was incredible we had great reviews and everyone in our family enjoyed it. They were amazed to see how much food was actually in this cocktail hour. We know everyone says this but we cannot wait to go back to our venue. Hopefully someone we know gets married or has an event there soon enough. The Meadow Wood Manor will definitely be in our future plans as we grow together as a married couple.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Meadow Wood Manor is amazing!! I first fell in love with the Meadow Wood when I walked in and saw the gorgeous staircase and the homey yet elegant feel of the entire premises. Then we met with Jeff and he was so accommodating and friendly, you can tell this is a man that enjoys his job and making people happy. The staff during my wedding on 6/20/15 was outstanding. Donald was our Maitre D' and he went above and beyond to make sure that everything was absolutely perfect, which it was!! Deanna was my bridal attendant and she pretty much catered to my every request, whether it was bringing us food from the cocktail hour while taking pictures or helping me change from my heels to my slippers. I couldn't have asked for better service!! The food was absolutely delicious!! I highly recommend the 50s Station, it was definitely the hit of the night. Everything was cooked perfectly and everyone was stuffed!!

The Meadow Wood Manor went above and beyond my expectations and I am thrilled with the way my wedding turned out, it was like the perfect fairy tale dream!!

Missybabyblue
04/03/2015

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Meadow Wood Manor shortly after we got married in Antigua. Meadow Wood provided some decorations of tropical flowers and incorporated some decorations we wanted to use. They also provided several votives at each table as well as table numbers in frames. They have great flexibility and even offered to try and create any Carribean foods that we may have liked on our Honeymoon if they could. Their staff was very accommodating to all of the guests not just the bridal party. This was the most popular compliment that I received from my guests about the venue as well as the food being incredible!! Meadow Wood Manor was a dream come true for me because I always wanted to enter on the Beauty and the Beast staircase and have a perfect night just like the one that Meadow Wood provided. They made sure all guests were pleased at all times but not in a nagging way. If you are looking for somewhere flexible and gorgeous this is the venue for you. This was the BEST choice we ever made. Thank you Meadow Wood Manor for making my dreams come true :-)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

From the very beginning, the staff at MWM was the best! Mary Ellen was our sales person and she was so attentive to every question we would throw at her. The professionalism of this establishment is on another level. They make you feel like it is your home. They even discounted us because I am a teacher, what other place does that?? The reception and cocktail hour was unmatched. We had our wedding this past New Year's Eve and it was event that everyone will always remember. I have friends and family telling me it was not only the best wedding they had ever been to, hut on another level. The staff was so sweet and accommodating to us and all of our guests. People couldn't stop talking about the delicious food and beautiful decor. We had the best time, and it was all because of Jeff and his lovely wife Maureen , the owners and all the awesome staff. You would not go wrong by going with this place. They know the business inside and out. What was also amazing was how the staff truly loved their work and being a part of our day. They make sure you get everything you want. Highly recommended!!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

are looking to be treated like a king and queen? this is the place! from their attention to our wants and needs to the quality of food and service, you would never imagine it could surpass all your expectations. I have to say, the staff at our wedding were awesome. they were always there to get us what we needed or wanted before we could even think about asking. the quality of food could be matched to any 5 star restaurants and we found that meadow wood manor would go above and beyond by tailoring your meal to suit your dietary wants or needs. you choice of entree is decided by you at the reception hall rather than months ahead of time with the menu options you choose for your guests and yourself. there is nothing I would change about our experience at meadow wood manor.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were married Oct 3rd 2014. Our experience with the Meadow Wood Manor from our first visit to the day following our wedding with retrieving our personal design items was nothing but a pleasure. The planning process was a breeze with Mary Ellen who is so full of ideas and really works hard to make sure the day is what the couple wants it to be. The customization that the Meadow Wood has to offer to its couples is unrivaled. We looked at many many venues and none of them felt as warm, flexible and welcoming as the MWM did.

The day it self went off without a hitch, our guests have not stopped talking about the quality and quantity of the food and the attentiveness of the staff, including the owner Jeff and his wife who were walking around serving and ensuring perfection.

Every design detail we planned was executed flawlessly. Our guests raved about how elegant but warm and welcoming the venue felt. The staff went beyond what would be expected to ensure everything was perfect. Looking back at the day it all feels like a dream, a true fairy tale, we could not have asked for more.

Erin & Matthew

Colleen
09/20/2014

Everything went smoothly! Mary Ellen was amazing through the planning process and explained everything thoroughly. The entire staff was attentive, professional, knowledgable, our guests were impressed.

Ok- the food... Amazing!!! Our guests were blown away and are still talking about it! I suggest skipping the cocktail hour and having items brought to bridal suite. We insisted on going but got caught up talking to guests that we only had a bite or 2.

Our guests have told us it was one of the best weddings and i think meadow wood is to thank for that! Definitely recommend!

Elizabeth
1 Review
08/31/2014

It was everything we wanted our wedding to be! From the moment my husband, and I walked in the door we felt at home! We still have people telling us how our wedding was the best they went to, they still rave about the food :) thank you for making our day perfect and amazing!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding took place at the Meadow Wood Manor [MWM] on August 23, 2014.

Our guests said it was the best wedding they have ever attended and could not stop raving about the food, service, and overall atmosphere at the MWM.

We knew this was venue where we wanted to get married from our first visit. From day one, we felt so at home with the staff of MWM. We worked with Danielle and Jeff, the MWM Owner. They were always available to answer questions and let us revisit MWM a few times to review our decorating ideas with the venue layout.

Our wedding day went off without a hitch because the experienced staff at MWM were on top of everything that needed to be done, and we didn’t have to worry about anything. The cocktail hour and dinner were perfect, and our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was. The service at MWM is incredible; even Jeff [owner] was around the entire evening asking guests if they needed anything and bringing them food and drinks.

The venue is absolutely stunning. Upon entering MWM, you are greeted by a classic staircase that is perfect for taking group pictures, and that’s where we did our first-look . We had an outdoor ceremony; the outdoor area is serene and charming. The cocktail area / reception room is large and gracefully decorated with rich mahogany wood and beautiful chandeliers.

My husband and I were very impressed with everyone at the MWM. We highly recommend them! If you want a beautiful wedding venue, that is all yours for the night, with impeccable service and delicious food, then Meadow Wood Manor has everything you need for the perfect wedding!

Thank you to everyone at the Meadow Wood Manor for making our wedding the best day of our lives!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The views inside and outside Meadow Wood Manor are breathtaking. This is one of a few venues that really permit you to personalize the venue to make your vision of your dream wedding a reality. The staff and cooks are very friendly and helpful. When you need help, they are always an arms length away, or at least within the same room. Inside is very spacious and if you have your wedding on a Sunday, like us, you can utilize the entire building for the whole day from 10am until the end of your reception. Lastly, the food is phenomenal! When I describe the quality of food experienced at Meadow Wood Mannor, I simply state how it feels like you "Died and went to Food Heaven."

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We just had our Wedding at Meadow Wood Manor and we had a fantastic day! When we were looking for reception places this one stood out to us and we loved it. We decided on the Tailgate and Fajita stations at our cocktail hour. Everyone loved them and we kept getting compliments on how fantastic the cocktail hour was. The staff was great and friendly from the moment we walked in. Beckie my bridal attendant was Awesome. She was there asking us if we need anything throughout the night. The whole night was just so awesome ! I hope I am able to come back to Meadow Wood Manor!

Mabel
07/12/2014

The staff was wonderful. Our Matre D was very attentive to our needs and they went above and beyond for us. Beautiful venue, great food, great people. No complaints at all!

Private User
1+ year ago

Amazing and so helpful!! Highly recommend!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding was held at The Meadow Wood Manor on June 29, 2014, and we could not have asked for a better wedding venue! We had our ceremony and reception at the MWM, and we cannot help but rave about the service, food, facilities, staff, and owners! We worked with Danielle to book our wedding, and she was absolutely wonderful! Danielle made sure all of the details were perfect, and she was amazing when returning our calls and getting us the wedding of our dreams! Our wedding day flew by and everything was seamless! The MWM made sure to keep the men downstairs (and they were very happy playing games, hanging out, and enjoy refreshments), while the ladies went upstairs to get ready and for me to put on my gown. We had our first glance on the stairs, and it was absolutely magical. Our wedding party was lined up on the stairs, and the entire process was extremely touching and beautiful. Our ceremony took place on the outside patio, and the MWM had a gorgeous set-up for our 170 guests! Jeff and his wife, the owners, were there every step of the way making sure the wedding was perfect. It was extremely comforting having them, and the two maitre'ds, catering to our every need and helping keep the wedding so organized! The ceremony was magical, and after our guest enjoyed our signature drink of strawberry mojitos. The cocktail hour was absolutely fantastic! My guests are still raving about how delicious all of the food was! The prime rib, tuna, and our Beach Station (50's station themed) were huge hits! We then moved into the gorgeous reception room, where the staff did an incredible job with the decorations! I made a lot of DIY's for the wedding, and the MWM did such a great job displaying all of our crafts and personal touches! We had the most amazing wedding, and all of our friends and family are still raving about how magical the day was! Our videographer said our wedding is in the top 10 weddings he has ever taped in his 25 years of experience! BOOK your wedding here!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our photographer recommended we check out Meadow Wood Manor and we are so glad he did. We were ready to book with another place till we met with Meadow Wood. Their enjoyment for what they do made it an easy choice to go with them. The beautiful setting didn't hurt either. The rooms from the moment guests arrive to the cocktail hour and then banquet made it feel like you were somewhere special.
They worked with us to come up with a package that we wanted and in a price range we were comfortable with. And they definitely found one that we were happy with. They were easy and pleasant to work with for coming up with decorations, food options and other services for the day.
We got married on a Sunday and they let us arrive in the morning to get ready and take pictures before the ceremony at our church. Our photographer was able to use several locations there to get some great shots.
Our guests were greeted upon arrival by a beautiful grand staircase, a friendly staff and a drink.
For the cocktail hour, the layout of the room and the courtyard gave our guests plenty of room to move and sit but still had a nice cozy feeling. The food choices were great and varied a lot. We selected the 50's Diner as one of our stations. They mentioned that we could have fun and redecorate it. Both being Virginia Tech alum, we turned the station into a VT tailgate party. They did an amazing job with the props we provided and even added to the props with their own pieces. It surpassed what we expected. The mini milkshakes, sliders and mac'n'cheese were a huge success.
Throughout the evening, the staff was friendly and very attentive to our needs. It allowed the two of us to relax and just enjoy the time with family and friends. Our guests are still raving that it was the best food they've had at a wedding.
We look forward to going back next year to the anniversary event they hold for couples.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Meadow wood manor made our wedding a dream come true!! They took every detail very seriously and kept me in the loop at all times. They were incredibly organized from signing the contract to food tastings and picking cakes and linens to day of details. It was a huge relief to not have to worry about anything on our wedding day because MWM had everything under control.
The venue is stunning, the garden where we had our ceremony is beautiful and the food is out of this world! What more could anyone ask for??
MWM helped us personalize our cocktail hour and they made every guest feel important. I am so happy we chose this venue and I hope to return there for an event in the future! Jeff and his staff will not let you down!