Lake of Isles

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Lake of Isles in North Stonington, CT on Sunday August 31, 2014 at 5:30pm. We had our ceremony on the outdoor deck near the lake and our cocktail hour and reception in the gorgeous banquet hall. All I can say is that the evening was as perfect as it could possibly be. The weather held out for us and the pictures we got on the deck and then on the golf course are breathtaking. Our guests raved about the food (we offered the filet mignon and stuffed shrimp) and full open bar. Sheila was a great sales woman and answered all of our questions promptly. Bethany the event coordinator was amazing and really made the event spectacular. She kept everything on time, lead a wonderful rehearsal and made sure that the bridal party was taken care of at all times. Please take a look at the Lake of Isles if you are planning a wedding. You will love it!
Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I would reccomend the Lake of Isles to anyone planning a wedding. I had my fairytale wedding. The staff were professional, proficient, and very organized. The lake ceremony was perfect and the reception was beautiful. Sheila Graham made the planning process so easy as was organized and always available for questions. The cake and food were delicoius. I got so many compliments of how smooth the wedding was. :)
Wedding: 08/15/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I got married at Lake of Isles on August 9 , 2014 it was perfect!! I called and spoke to this enthusiastic lady on the phone named Sheila Graham ..We ended up being late for an hour for some reason which was so embarassing because we aren't like that and it's not really a good first impression however Sheila was very nice and understanding. She walked us throughout the property and we fell inlove with the venue. Sheila was a big part of us booking the place. She made it soo easy because she was fun, energetic and professional at the same time . We knew that moment it is the perfect place! We booked it the same day. Sheila walked me through the whole process of planning my wedding . I would email and call her atleast 3 times a week about silly questions I had and she would respond immediately... She gave me vendors that she knew that's as fabulous as her and will deliver an excellent job. On our wedding day Bethany the assistant was with me the whole time and made sure everything runned smoothly. Bethany was there along with Sheila the moment I stepped out of the car , walked down the isle , cater to my wedding party while we were taking pictures.. passing hors d'oeuvres , drink or anything that we needed . Our wedding night was absolutely PERFECT !!! Our guest kept coming to my husband and I giving us compliment about Lake of Isles.. They said the place is beautiful , the service is excellent and right on the money, and most importantly the food was fabulous!!! They said the best wedding food they've had by far!!! They can cut through the filet mignon with a fork.. It was truly Outstanding. I can't thank Sheila and Bethany enough for the helped and service they have provided.. It was absolutely incredible.. From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU and I will surely miss you guys especially Sheila that I grew to love throughout this process. My husband and I are forever thankful to you! With all our love Mr and Mrs Palladino :)
Wedding: 08/09/2014
Services Used: Catering, Transportation, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Private User 6 Reviews
Can't say enough great things about this venue so will try and keep this short. We had other venues in mind and from the start weren’t happy with the lack of responsiveness. As soon as we spoke with Sheila we were impressed. We went and saw LOI for the first time and decided not even to look at other venues.
From day 1 when we called to inquire about the venue we noticed the professionalism and enthusiasm from Sheila. This continued throughout our time working with her up until the wedding. She responded to any call or email in a timely manner and was always able to answer our questions. She was able to find times to meet with us when needed despite our busy schedules it always worked out. We cannot say enough good things about Sheila.
Along with the great service we received throughout, the venue is beautiful and the food is amazing! We had great feedback from all of our guests about the venue. A couple perks for us is everything was handled in house so everything we did (cake, food, ceremony) went through Sheila. Cake came out perfect, both visually what we imagined and also tasting amazing. We also received a complimentary round of golf for the 2 of us with the package. It was a great day and added to the time we were able to spend with our families & wedding party.
We HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone thinking of getting married!!!
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Lake of Isles proved to be the absolute perfect venue for our wedding. From the moment we arrived to look at the venue, we felt comfortable and knew it was the perfect place for our reception. We were greeted by Sheila Graham, who was by far the best wedding coordinator one could ask for. She was attentive to our every need from the moment we walked in all the way through our wedding day. I never felt nervous about planning my wedding out of state because I knew Sheila was on top of everything! She is extremely organized and remembers even the smallest details. For example, she highly impressed my parents when she greeted them by their first names upon our second meeting. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Sheila.

As our day approached, my husband and I never felt nervous about how the reception would go. Our food tasting went wonderfully, and we chose the Filet Mignon and chicken. The food was absolutely delicious. I truly believe every guest thoroughly enjoyed their meal. Almost every table commented on how delicious the good was.

My husband and I were very appreciative that the open bar charge was factored into the per person price. The bartenders were excellent!

One of my favorite parts of the wedding was our cocktail hour reception on the back deck. It was truly exquisite! It provided for a wonderful setting on a beautiful afternoon.

I highly recommend Lake of Isles for a wedding venue. I would never have chosen another place! Honestly, every little and big thing about that day was PERFECT!!

Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Staff was first class as well as the view, food, drinks, cake, etc. Best day of my life enhanced by a beautiful venue!
Lake of Isles responded with the following comments:
Hi, Amanda,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your Lake of Isles experience with other brides on weddingwire.com! I so appreciate all of your kind words, and most of all, that you and Mark were happy with your Wedding day. Best wishes to you both! :)
Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Lake of Isles was the perfect place for our wedding reception. Sheila was extremely helpful leading up to the big day. She helped us stay on track and was a sounding board for any ideas we had. She was very responsive and quick to answer any questions. It was a pleasure working with her. Bethany was our onsite coordinator the day of the wedding and it was great to have her. She kept everything in order and helped to make sure the evening ran smoothly while making sure that we had everything we needed. The staff at lake of isles is extremely professional and I would highly recommend the venue to any brides/grooms.
Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I had our reception at Lake of Isles last Saturday and we were more than pleased with our experience. Sheila Grahm (the catering director) was extremely helpful throughout the whole experience. She was flexible, knowledgeable and professional. She responded immediately through e-mail or by phone whenever I had a question, which was multiple times per day as we got closer to our wedding date. Bethany Paquette (the banquet manager) was also extremely helpful and oversaw everything the day of our wedding to make sure things went smoothly. Her pleasant, calm and professional demeanor made my husband and I feel at ease throughout the whole day. The food was delicious and the dining room looked spectacular. The cake was also made by the chefs at Lake of Isles and was absolutely beautiful, not to mention delicious! I would highly recommend Lake of Isles as a venue for your wedding...you will not be disappointed!
Wedding: 05/03/2014

Lauren 1 Reviews
I can't say enough about the Lake of Isles event team! Sheila worked with me throughout the year, helping with ideas, giving suggestions, and making sure everything was personal to my husband and me. When the day got closer, meetings went smoothly, Bethany was introduced to help with the day of, items were tracked and organized. The venue itself provided with absolutely beautiful backdrops for the ceremony and especially for pictures. The day of the wedding, things couldn't have gone more smoothly! If anything went wrong, I didn't know, I still don't know, about it. Bethany could not have been more helpful. Everyone on the team were incredibly helpful, one guest saying that she felt even the waitstaff were invested in making the evening special. And the food!! People are STILL talking about the food 3 months later! :) Thank you Lake of Isles for making our wedding so special and perfect!
Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The perfect venue for a wedding. You can have your ceremomy on the beautiful deck overlooking the lake. The food is fantastic, and the staff is excellent, they catered to our every need. We had a few guests who had special dietary concerns and they were well taken care of. Sheila and Bethany are the most professional, organized, and personable people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. When the big day finally came, everything was perfect and well coordinated thanks to the staff. The bride and maids were well taken care of in a special room complete with snacks and drinks...champagne. They even made a signature cocktail for the reception, they make their own cakes which was fantastic, tasty and beautiful! I cannot say enough! a+++
Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Lake of Isles was by far the most amazing experience we could have had for a venue. Where to start? The location itself is amazing, it is Foxwoods Resort and Casino's golf club, with the ballroom and clubhouse as unique and exquisite as anything I have ever seen. So romantic and beautiful, everything about the building was perfect.

Sheila is outstanding. Her professionalism, and flexibility was amazing. I must have spoken to her 5 times a week for a year straight, and every time (even with the silliest of questions from me!) she was so great. She makes the wedding experience at Lake of Isles truly special.

Bethany was great as our day of event manager, she got everything all set and went off without a hitch!

the food is HANDS DOWN THE BEST food we have ever had at a wedding. Everyone kept coming up to us during the wedding and the next day saying how they have never had such good food at a wedding before. From the butlered hor d'oeuvres to the main courses, it was perfect. I am not sure if I will ever taste filet that was that amazing!

We were originally supposed to get married on the beautiful lakefront ceremony deck, however rain forced us to go inside. Although I was a big bummed about that, their plan b was just as beautiful!

Everything about this location is perfect. The scenery, people, food, everything. We also got a complimentary suite at MGM grand a foxwoods for our stay - it was beautiful.

I highly recommend this place for your wedding! They are so organized and amazing to work with it is a great experience. Also, LOI only does 1 wedding a day, so no matter what, you are their top priority (didn't feel like a place that just does weddings, felt way more intimate and special)
Wedding: 06/07/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our Reception here during the winter and I have to say of all the vendors that I used Lake of Isles by far received my best rating. They completely surpassed my expectations of what this night would be. From start to finish the night was a dream. Not only did the room look beautiful, but entire building was decked out in Christmas decor, it was absolutely breathtaking. The food was world class; in some cases I think guests would have licked the plate if they could.

Hands down the best part of the service is Sheila and Bethany. I could not have asked to work with a better team. Working full time at a high demand job, often times planning my wedding took a back seat and Sheila was able to keep me on track and be flexible when I was slow to get back to her. On the day of the wedding Bethany made sure that there was order to the evening. I didn't expect that I would be so excited and lose track of time, I don't know what I would have done if she wasn't there to make sure the night ran smoothly and everything that needed to get done did. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone that is getting married. I could not have asked for it be more perfect!
Wedding: 12/08/2012

Anonymous 8 Reviews
Beautiful Location, Amazing Staff! Highly Recommend!!!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Lake of Isles was the perfect venue! I was drawn to them because they only do 1 wedding per day so you get one on one attention but it is also absolutely beautiful. Sheila and Bethany were AMAZING. They made sure that everything ran smoothly. We were hoping to use the deck for our cocktail hour as the location is just beautiful but it poured. Despite the rain they drove us out to the bridge for pictures in the pouring rain. They were such troopers! The food is the best I have ever had for a wedding and the cake was included in our package which was also delicious. Lake of Isles made sure everything was taken care of and I did not have to worry about a thing. They made everything easy. I can not say enough good things about Lake of Isles and the service they provide. Not to mention the location right next to the casino makes for an excellent afterparty! I can't imagine having my wedding anywhere else!
Wedding: 10/19/2012

Anonymous 13 Reviews
Lake of Isles is a beautiful venue that sets itself apart with the quality of service that is provided. Sheila, director of catering, is the utmost professional. She knows weddings and is able to provide guidance to ensure that your day is perfect but she is not pushy in anyway. The entire wedding planning process was a breeze, they did everything in their power to accomodate our requests. Sheila would always respond promptly to any number of crazy questions we had, always professional.

The venue itself is breathtaking with a private ballroom overlooking the lake with beautiful decor and large windows. The ceilings are very high which make the room feel even more open. The entire building is well maintained. We were able to take pictures on the grounds which are stunning. I want to stress that the ballroom is very private from the other parts of the clubhouse, you don't have another wedding going on nor do you run into other people.

We received so many compliments on the quality of the service and the food. On the day of, Bethany was there by our side to ensure our vision was executed. A late call had to be made on whether we should have cocktail hour indoors due to weather, it was important to us to have it outdoors but ultimately Bethany and her team quickly transitioned it indoors when the weather changed.

We could not have been happier with our choice of venue, it was an amazing day and experience! Lake of Isles is a one of a kind establishment in Southeastern CT/Southern RI that we are thankful we found.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anonymous 5 Reviews
A MUST VISIT! I don't know where to start. Everything from the team to the outside grounds to the venue inside was beyond our expectations.

Above all I think it was the "little things" that truly made a difference... The teams' organization, the check-ins leading up to our wedding day, the private room for our wedding party, the staff dedicated to serving drinks to just my husband and I on our wedding day and the attention to detail throughout the entire time. I do not have a single complaint.

To the month's leading up to our March wedding, their event coordinator was so organized that it was like having my very own wedding planner to work with and plan the event; what a huge help!

Prior to our wedding we met with the Lake of Isles team with all our decorations and did a walk-through of how we wanted everything to look and the order of events for the day. It was a great feeling to have such confidence and know there was a team behind the scenes making our day unfold.

We also knew the Grand Ballroom was breathtaking, but on the day of the wedding, with our centerpieces in place, and up lighting illuminating the pillars it made such an impact and had a real "Wow Factor". (I highly recommend additional lighting - the room is perfect for it!)

I should also note that prior to the wedding day we participated in a showcase at the venue where we sampled & selected hors d'œuvres for our cocktail hour. (we also found our lighting vendor and band here). Even better, we also got to sample the cake! I have a plate of 4 different cakes, frosting and fillers and was able to try various combinations before we finally settled on a vanilla almond cake with lemon filler and butter cream frosting - YUM!

Must see. Must visit. Five Stars!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
 860-312-2105
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire