Lafayette Club

Value
Flexibility
Caroline
07/27/2013

Lafayette Club was fantastic! I had always heard great things about the venue and they delivered on all accounts. We enjoyed working with Brenda during the planning phase to ensure that all of our requests were setup for the day of our wedding. We worked with Andrew on site and he was truly a pleasure to work with as he was very professional and responsive to our requests. As an event planner in the hospitality industry, I really appreciated how seamless the process was and how everything came together just as we planned. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful location or better service.

1+ year ago

Brenda, Nicole, Andrew and the entire staff at Lafayette did an outstanding job! The attention Andrew gave to everyone was unbelievable! The servers, bartenders and valet were very professional and attentive. The food was fabulous! We are still hearing rave reviews about the food. You must be very proud of your talented chefs.! We were very thankful for Brenda's support and advice during the planning process. The day was perfect and Tyler and Melinda's dream come true. We sincerely appreciate your kindness and service!

Anne Marie
05/26/2013

We could not have chosen a better place for our reception, they treated us like royalty and were soooooooooooooooooooooooo accomodating, we are very greatful for everything. The food was amazing so much so a lot of people were upset that they got full because we had their Pasta buffet and people really wanted to eat more! They provide a complimentary honeymoon suite as well which was just lovely, they were very detailed and just great to work with, connected with me every step of the night to make sure we were happy. We are very greatful to all the staff that worked our wedding and to the event coordinator from the lafayette club on our wedding day June 21st 2013 thank you again to everyone it was trully a magical night!!!! ~ Anne & Jason

Molly
02/16/2013

Lafayette was more than any bride could imagine for their special day. I was overly impressed with their professionalism, responsiveness, their amazing food and the top notch staff. I would give Lafayette easily 5 + stars out of 5.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Phenomenal service, food, and venue! It had always been my dream to be married at the Lafayette Club, and it was an amazing experience all around. Their guest rooms are phenomenal as well.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The food was DELICIOUS! All great reviews from the guests, many said that it was the best food they've ever had at a reception! I loved the venue. It is beautiful. The staff was great, very quick to respond to my numerous questions and made the reception flow flawlessly.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Lafayette Club is a fabulous venue for a wedding reception! Situated on Lake Minnetonka, it has old world charm and grace while maintaining a modern food selection. I highly recommend this venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It doesn't get much better than the Lafayette Club. The ballroom(s) offered are fit for a Queen. Once we decided on this location as our reception site, the manager met with us personally and we picked out the meals, appetizers and explained exactly what we wanted. They didn't miss a step; it was perfect. We ended up renting both ballrooms and used the smaller room for the cocktail and appetizer hour and the bar... and then the larger ballroom was for the dinner and dancing. It worked out nicely and the guests were allowed access to the (huge) balcony via the smaller ballroom. Honestly, it was PERFECT. I highly recommend this venue to any bride wanting to feel like a princess!

Recently Married

Very well organized staff and the best reception food!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The prices were high but that's what you get for a wedding in this area. The food was amazing-our guests said it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding! Brenda, the catering manager, was very prompt with answering all of my questions. The staff worked to make this a flawless event, everything flowed together perfectly. The Lafayette Club was the vendor I was most impressed with and if you can afford it, I'd recommend it to ANYONE!

Services Used: Catering

To start out, the venue was georgeous and in pristine condition! It made for excellent photographs! The planning process was also fairily pain free and well organized. We didnt have to worry about much on our wedding day. One thing we were dissapointed with was the service. The head tables had to ask the servers multiple times before our glasses of wine/beer would get refilled! THey needed to allow for more servers, or allow the wine bottles to be placed on the tables.

Recently Married
2.4

We decided to have our reception at the Lafayette because of the beautiful facility, location and awesome food. We booked the Lafayette club 1 1/2 years before our wedding date. The Event Director was very responsive to inquiries and questions during this time. Everything was good to go the Wednesday before our wedding. We knew the Event Director would not be there the day of and were told the Catering Director is in charge. Unfortunately, when we got there they could not get the guests seated for the grand march. Next, it took 45+ minutes in between salads and entrees. Also, they ran out of walleye. We counted the number of people who ordered walleye and confirmed with the Club several times. The food was good when it finally came out. Next, I asked the Catering Director to turn down the lights twice because they were going to do the slide show. The second time she told me, "I need to speak nicer to her because she is working her butt off for us." Keep in mind this was in front of my entire wedding party and reserved tables in the front. I have heard from 10 of our guests that she was extremely rude. Two guests told me she slammed their plates down on the table in front of them. Next, we were told they would provide a full bar. We hosted beer and wine but had a cash bar. Come to find out they only had rail liquor and were charging $9.00 per drink. This would be fine if it wasn't rail liquor. Also, the bartender told a guest that the bride and groom only paid for rail liquor. I was appalled. Lastly, you get a complimentary room at the Lafayette Club so we stayed there and were shown our room 6 months prior to the event. The room was beautiful with a view of Crystal Bay. Then two days before the wedding we were told our room changed. A member requested our room so we were moved to a different room. I would not recommend the Lafayette Club to anyone. On the most important day of our lives we were treated horribly! Terrible service!