JW Marriott Grand Rapids

(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.5 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We love the JW Marriott. The service was superb and everyone on the"team" was so helpful and courteous.

• Wedding: 07/27/2014
Lisa
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We loved the JW. The waitstaff and the other people who helped us along the way were very professional and kind. The reason that I would not give them a 5 out of 5 is because they were on the expensive side. We tried to rent a TV/DVD player from them, but figured we could have bought a TV for the same price they were renting them. They did end up letting us bring our own though, so that worked out. We loved that they let us choose whatever we wanted for dinner, meet with the chef, and do tastings as many times as we needed until we felt the food was perfect (we ended up doing 5 small plates, and it was delicious!) Overall, if you have a budget on the larger side, the JW is a great venue and I think you will be very happy.

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and I cannot give enough credit to the JW Marriott Grand Rapids and their entire staff for making it that way.

From the beginning, Sales Manager Lauren was there to answer every question we had regarding reception details, reserving the venue, etc. She made sure they were going to deliver everything we wanted for the big day and continued to exemplify the same polished personality throughout the planning process. From there, our Event Manager, Emily, was ahead of us every step when it came to the planning process. She went above and beyond the call of duty to plan for everything and we couldn't have asked for a better person to work with.

Our friends are still talking about the wonderful reception the JW put on; the cocktail hour was plentiful of our appetizers, the reception cuisine was perfect (and hot for everyone! :) ), and the coordination of all events was spot-on. Many guests ended up making their stay into a mini-vacation after the wonderful food, spirits, service, and ambiance they experienced on our wedding night.

If you're looking for a venue that delivers all they promise, on-site catering that couldn't be better, and a staff that couldn't be more on top of their game, don't look elsewhere----the JW Marriott Grand Rapids is the place to go! You'll love it and so will your guests!

• Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly recommend JW Marriott Grand Rapids! Not only did they provided us with a breathtaking venue but our guests were very much impressed with the service they provided. Food was excellent, drinks were great, the rooms were spacious! The staff was just awesome catering to our needs especially our event coordinator Analou Schoonmaker, she made sure that every detail was taken care of. JW Marriott certainly made our day an event to remember not only for us but all of our guests.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

JW was so accommodating and helpful! I had an amazing time planning with them! Fabulous from the word go!

• Wedding: 06/05/2010
4.2/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I have a very mixed review of the JW. The hotel provides for an unmatched experience in Grand Rapids, the food is phenomenal, service is top-notch and extremely professional (except the bartender who was a bit less than pleasant ... even to the bride) and we just simply loved having our wedding here. On the other hand, they only have basic cotten white linens and "corporate meeting type" chairs which means that you may have to rent chairs and linens if this doesn't fit with your vision (and these things are expensive to rent!), not only do you need to pay for a power box for the band but they also charge you 22% gratuity (for servers/bartenders yes, but for a power box?!) and unlike many other hotels where they may provide a nice room upgrade for the bride and groom - here we had to pay over $230 to move from their standard room to a suite. Just felt like a lot of nickeling and diming when you're already spending so much money. My two biggest frustrations were issues surrounding the room block and the tip jar that made its way on the bar (after paying 22% gratuity which ended up being more than $1300 this is the LAST thing I expected to see and not only came across as very tacky but I've actually had a couple guest comment about it). That being said, there were a lot of nice little touches: after getting ready in the suite with my bridal party, the JW housekeeping did come in and clean up before me and my groom returned and left a nice assortment of Hor'devours for us to have while we enjoyed some alone time in-between the ceremony and reception.

• Wedding: 06/27/2009
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The JW Marriott was an absolutely beautiful venue for our cocktail hour and dinner reception and dancing, as well as our host hotel for our guests! Many things, from the delectable meal our guests were served to the service throughout the weekend to the breathtaking views from the guest rooms, were truly first class and one of a kind. Anyone looking for an above and beyond experience with incredible service in Grand Rapids for their wedding reception should consider the JW Marriott!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Ms. Bride
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Use this for your catering. They are flexable ad they have great prices. I loved th food. It was amzing. It added so much to my wedding and it made it even more amazing.

• Wedding: 05/10/2009
Services Used: Catering
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The JW marriott is a beautiful place, we enjoyed the wonderful views over the grand river. We also appreciated the service we recieved it was outstanding.

• Wedding: 02/06/2009
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I booked the JW Marriott before it was ever built because of the level of service I knew I would receive. It has brought Grand Rapids to a whole never level and everything was impeccable. From the waiters to the executives everyone bent over backwards to take care of my needs and I would expect nothing less.

• Wedding: 06/14/2008
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was very impressed with the food, and with our wedding planner Katie. It was a gorgeous venue, and all of our guests had an amazing time.

• Wedding: 12/29/2007
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

The venue was excellent. The service was impeccable. It has been more than 6 months since the wedding and our guests still talk about the food - the chef absolutley outdid himself. All of the employees were wonderful - I especially enjoyed working with Michael Lyman.

• Wedding: 12/22/2007
616-242-1400
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.7