Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Mike was great to work with. He welcomed us into his house and was very professional to talk to. He was prepared, followed-up and delivered a ceremony that we received many compliments on. I would suggest that everyone makes sure to make time to sit down and meet with him.

Recently Married

Mike was an amazing officiant for our special day.. he accommodated us from the beginningto the end. No one else could have given us the joy of being husband and wife.

Services Used: Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Unique Services (Other)

We could have not ask for anything more from Mike. From the first meeting to decide what Officiant we were going to use to the last moments when he gave us the binder of the ceremony and marriage certificate. He was a great help along the way with suggestions on our vows to how everything should be laid out. At no time did I have to question if we selected the right Justice of the Peace. Thanks Mike for everything and making the ceremony perfect.

Services Used: Officiant

We could not have had a better experience with Mike Backer! We had to contact him last minute to organize a private wedding and he was very accommodating and flexible, able to work with us just two days before! He has a great spirit and humor, while remaining very professional. He listened to what we wanted and needed and was willing to change or add to the service based on what we wanted. I couldn't be happier with his services!

Thomas
07/25/2015

LuAnn and I liked him from the first meeting we had. He was extremely flexible and very responsive to any questions or requests which we had.
We really were impressed with the 3-ring binder he provided to us to help choose what we wanted for our wedding. He also stressed we were not limited to the samples provide.
Bottom line...we could not recommend him more highly. He did a great job!!!

Marci
06/27/2015

We were so happy with the service provided by Michael Backer! Our wedding ceremony was perfect, everything we could have hoped for!

Services Used: Officiant

JP Mike Backer did a fantastic Ceremony for our wedding. His realism and sense of humor was an added point of ease to us during our ceremony. He's professional and open to any ideas for a wedding ceremony. He also had marvelous suggestions. He kept the flow of our ceremony going smoothly, as my limo was late, which made the bride and bridesmaids late. He really put us at ease. Our ceromy was absolutely beautiful and I would highly recommend Mike Baxter to anyone getting married or renewing their vows. Thank you so much Mike.

Recently Married

We couldn't have asked for a better officiant than Mike Backer. Since the day our conversations began he was fantastic and really made the stressful wedding process enjoyable (and humorous too!). He has an amazing/witty personality that fit both my husband and I perfectly. Our first meeting was to be a quick coffee but turned into an hour and a half of awesome conversation--we knew immediately he was the right choice for us. He helped us customize our ceremony so it was a perfect reflection of our personalities and beliefs. Over a month later, our family and friends are still talking about what an awesome job he did. He calmed my anxious nerves the day prior during our rehearsal simply because of his caring demeanor. I strongly suggest you meet with Mike and you'll see firsthand exactly what all of these positive reviews are talking about. THANK YOU MIKE! You made our big day better than we could have imagined. Love, 'Jonnifer' ;)

Recently Married

He made the whole experience easier by helping us through the process. He helped ease awkwardness and tension during the rehearsal and made sure everything went smoothly the day of the wedding with a few laughs as well.

3.8

Felt a bit rushed, he even mentioned another appointment he needed to go to as if we were taking up his time on our own wedding. I would not hire again due to lack of professionalism and of apathy to your special event.

Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer responded with the following comments:

This is the first time I have ever responded to a review and honestly feel that although the author may have valid comments, without my knowing the date, location or venue of the ceremony, I can't respond factually. Yes, I do often book more than one wedding on any given day. Yes, I may have had another engagement scheduled. That said, sometimes weddings begin as much as 30 minutes after the agreed upon start time and I schedule my appointments base upon good faith that the starting time will be as agreed or within 15 minutes. I usually arrive at ceremonies 30 minutes or more ahead of the scheduled start time to get set up and to make sure everything goes properly etc. Professionalism is most important to me and although I'd like to make things right, without knowing the specifics I guess I would hope those who read this review will consider it in the context of the other 150 or so more positive reviews. Thank you to the author for your candor. Sincerely, Mike

Kristy
05/22/2015

Mike was wonderful! Professional yet personable. He was a pleasure to work with!

YARITZA & MICHAEL
05/17/2015

He did a great job...professional in all aspects and also made us laugh when we needed it! Thank you Mike for everything!!!!!

Roy
05/16/2015

We found Mike to be very helpful and friendly in the planning stages, and an absolute joy at the actual wedding. I/we don't know how he could have done any better. He added a little humor which we appreciated. We recommend him highly.

Services Used: Officiant

Mike was so great! When we met for our consult he not only outlined his service but outlined everything we needed to know to make our marriage legal! Then he helped us decide what kind of ceremony we actually wanted. He talked to us about the different types of ceremonies and said he was open to helping us plan any type of ceremony we wanted. He even lends you a book to better help you plan your ceremony. He is very quick to respond to emails. The day of he did a great job adding little side lines (with our permission) that were funny and everyone enjoyed. We had great light hearted ceremony that was family based thanks to him. He stood off to the side for pictures of our first kiss which was so great too. Afterwards he gave us our file and he was off. Very very professional efficient and flexible. Would recommend him to anyone!

05/02/2015

Mike Backer was an excellent wedding officiant for our wedding. He walked us wedding newbies through the whole wedding ceremony process during a pre-meeting and a rehearsal. Mike is a confident, experienced, responsive, and humorous justice of the peace. Though I don't know how his prices compare with others, he is definitely someone who can get the job done and the job done well.

Amber
05/02/2015

He worked with us to customize our ceremony. He provided a book of ideas to chose from which was very helpful. His work is very professional and prompt. When asked to add or change anything, he was fast to respond to our wishes. At the ceremony he made all of our friends and family very comfortable. He added humor and put us all at ease! We couldn't have asked for a better person to make our special day be the best it could be! Highly recommended!