Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer

Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer

A Justice of the Peace for all seasons and all reasons.

11 Reservoir Drive
Southborough, MA 01772 | map
Services: Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Ceremony, Single ...
Religious affliliations: Agnostic, Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Christian (no deno...

Quality of Service:
(5.0 / 5.0)
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had the pleasure of having Mike as our wedding officiant this past weekend, and he was GREAT. The amount of accolades he received from our families and friends at the reception further solidified how great our decision was to work with Mike. He was funny, kind, organized, and overall wonderful to work with. He made the whole process incredibly easy (his binder of ceremony ideas is really helpful!) and answered any questions we had in a detailed way and very promptly. Thank you, Mike!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
JoAnna
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike Backer walked us through every step of creating a ceremony that was perfect for us. He was very prompt in corresponding with us. We wrote our own vows, and he helped Sarah with polishing hers. At the ceremony, he was professional yet had a welcome sense of humor. Both of our families were happy with the service he provided. He gave us a binder containing our entire ceremony, and he promptly submitted our marriage license to the town clerk. We highly recommend Mike Backer as an officiant - he did an exceptional job.
Kindly,
Mark and Sarah Articolo

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

we had mike As our officiant and he was great! He made both my husband and I feel so comfortable and was so flexible on what we wanted in our ceremony! We worked with us every Step of the way! He was such a great help! I would recommend him to all my Friends! He was wonderful!

• Wedding: 11/09/2014
Sara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the beginning of planning, Mike was so helpful and knowledgable about applying for our marriage license and creating our ceremony. We loved how he listened to what we wanted and took our personalities into consideration during our ceremony. Mike made us feel so comfortable as we stood in front of 120 guests and read our own vows. He provided just the right about of comedic relief while keeping it professional and serious. After our ceremony, we had numerous friends approach us to get Mike's information so they could use him for their wedding! Mike Backer comes highly recommended, you will not regret it :)

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Christine
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Mike was very organized which made it easy for us to plan the ceremony. He shared great reference material with us to guide us in planning the ceremony. Mike was very responsive every time we contacted him. We highly recommend him!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We were very pleased with Mike as our officiant. He was professional and helped guide us to plan a ceremony we thought was perfect. The binder he provided us with made planning our ceremony readings, vows, etc a piece of cake and it was exactly what we wanted. He spoke loud and clear and I know the guests in the back could hear.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Very organized and has many helpful well organized resources to plan out the perfect ceremony.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Mike was awesome! He was so helpful from day one! He answered all of our questions, and helped with everything! He has an incredible personality, and eased out nerves during the planning process. Mike provided us with a book of ceremony options and we were able to take pieces and put them together. The rehearsal was fun, and he made everyone comfortable. The ceremony was flawless, sentimental, and funny! We wouldn't change a thing! If you are looking for a j.p, Mike is absolutely the man you're looking for!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike was available when we needed him to answer questions. He allowed us to develop a ceremony that we wanted while always providing guidance. There are not many things that someone would say "I woul go back and do that again". But I would marry Michelle 1000 times and have Michael provide the service to every si he ceremony.

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
Kevin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike was great to work with, very professional, listened to what we wanted and he was funny. He is the best!

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
Justin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike did such a great job officiating my renewal of vows! We have been in contact for a year in preparation as he is very quick to return your inquiries. I would absolutely recommend him.

• Flexibility: 5.0

JP Mike Backer was just the right person for the job for our wedding! My husbands family is Jewish and mine is Protestant, though neither him or myself practice a faith. Mike was able to create a beautiful ceremony that friends and family have given only great reviews, plus both my husband and I were very happy with everything!!
Thanks Mike, we loved it all!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike Backer did an amazing job as the officiant of our wedding! He is clearly experienced and adds uniqueness and a touch of humor to the ceremony. Mike was easy to work with and always easy to get in touch with. Mike kept us calm and made the process for us comfortable. We got so many compliments about our Justice of the Peace and and we could not be happier with our decision to have Mike officiate our wedding. Thank you!!

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

JP Mike was such a wonderful addition to our ceremony. From the moment that we met him in his home, he was welcoming, straight-forward and open to anything we wanted to suggest to make the ceremony truly ours. He offers a binder to help with the process, and it sure made everything easier! Each section of the ceremony is broken down into different sections, and each section offers multiple suggestions. And, of course, he welcomes your own additions. During the rehearsal JP Mike was friendly and engaging with our family and friends. He put everyone at ease. During the ceremony he was funny and his warmth really stood out. We had many compliments on his ceremony.

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike is a friendly, professional JoP that I recommend without reservation.

Planning: Mike has gathered a binder full of stuff for the ceremony. We were able to go through past ceremonies, readings, and vows and put together something that we both liked. You can get a license in any town, and Mike knows which city halls are the least expensive and most competent.

Before the ceremony: Mike came very early to set up. He talked with us about a few last minute details and provided each person who was doing a reading with a handout. While setting up the sound system I overheard him tell the folks from the hotel, "I can use my own equipment if this is going to cost the bride and groom anything."

The ceremony: Mike kept things going at a pleasant pace, inserted some humor in a few spots, and finished the ceremony exactly on time (when the bars opened); I recommend him without reservation.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Mike was simply great. Professional, warm, kind, organized. If I could do it all again I wouldn't change a thing. He allows for anything from you writing the show or options from a binder if you want the work done for you Would recommend Mike to anyone in need of a great JP!!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
Elizabeth
508-481-7338
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards