Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer

Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer

A Justice of the Peace for all seasons and all reasons.

11 Reservoir Drive
Southborough, MA 01772 | map
Services: Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Ceremony, Single ...
Religious affliliations: Agnostic, Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Christian (no deno...

Quality of Service:
(5.0 / 5.0)
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We could not have had a better experience with Mike Backer! We had to contact him last minute to organize a private wedding and he was very accommodating and flexible, able to work with us just two days before! He has a great spirit and humor, while remaining very professional. He listened to what we wanted and needed and was willing to change or add to the service based on what we wanted. I couldn't be happier with his services!

• Wedding: 01/09/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike was very attentive and friendly with all the guests. He arrived early and when it became apparent that we were running late, he had no problem spending the extra time that was needed. He was well prepared and knew how to orchestrate the ceremony. He was perfect!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Michael Backer was truly amazing!! I strongly recommend him!! We could not have had a better Justice of the Peace to marry us. We got many compliments about him after the wedding ceremony. Throughout the planning process, Michael was extremely helpful and responsive. We were very lucky to have the best JP for our wedding. Your weddig ceremony could not go wrong with him!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We had the pleasure of having Mike as our wedding officiant this past weekend, and he was GREAT. The amount of accolades he received from our families and friends at the reception further solidified how great our decision was to work with Mike. He was funny, kind, organized, and overall wonderful to work with. He made the whole process incredibly easy (his binder of ceremony ideas is really helpful!) and answered any questions we had in a detailed way and very promptly. Thank you, Mike!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
JoAnna
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike Backer walked us through every step of creating a ceremony that was perfect for us. He was very prompt in corresponding with us. We wrote our own vows, and he helped Sarah with polishing hers. At the ceremony, he was professional yet had a welcome sense of humor. Both of our families were happy with the service he provided. He gave us a binder containing our entire ceremony, and he promptly submitted our marriage license to the town clerk. We highly recommend Mike Backer as an officiant - he did an exceptional job.
Kindly,
Mark and Sarah Articolo

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

we had mike As our officiant and he was great! He made both my husband and I feel so comfortable and was so flexible on what we wanted in our ceremony! We worked with us every Step of the way! He was such a great help! I would recommend him to all my Friends! He was wonderful!

• Wedding: 11/09/2014
Sara
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the beginning of planning, Mike was so helpful and knowledgable about applying for our marriage license and creating our ceremony. We loved how he listened to what we wanted and took our personalities into consideration during our ceremony. Mike made us feel so comfortable as we stood in front of 120 guests and read our own vows. He provided just the right about of comedic relief while keeping it professional and serious. After our ceremony, we had numerous friends approach us to get Mike's information so they could use him for their wedding! Mike Backer comes highly recommended, you will not regret it :)

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
Christine
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Mike was very organized which made it easy for us to plan the ceremony. He shared great reference material with us to guide us in planning the ceremony. Mike was very responsive every time we contacted him. We highly recommend him!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We were very pleased with Mike as our officiant. He was professional and helped guide us to plan a ceremony we thought was perfect. The binder he provided us with made planning our ceremony readings, vows, etc a piece of cake and it was exactly what we wanted. He spoke loud and clear and I know the guests in the back could hear.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Very organized and has many helpful well organized resources to plan out the perfect ceremony.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Mike was awesome! He was so helpful from day one! He answered all of our questions, and helped with everything! He has an incredible personality, and eased out nerves during the planning process. Mike provided us with a book of ceremony options and we were able to take pieces and put them together. The rehearsal was fun, and he made everyone comfortable. The ceremony was flawless, sentimental, and funny! We wouldn't change a thing! If you are looking for a j.p, Mike is absolutely the man you're looking for!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike was available when we needed him to answer questions. He allowed us to develop a ceremony that we wanted while always providing guidance. There are not many things that someone would say "I woul go back and do that again". But I would marry Michelle 1000 times and have Michael provide the service to every si he ceremony.

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
Kevin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike was great to work with, very professional, listened to what we wanted and he was funny. He is the best!

• Wedding: 09/12/2014
Justin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike did such a great job officiating my renewal of vows! We have been in contact for a year in preparation as he is very quick to return your inquiries. I would absolutely recommend him.

4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mike Backer officiated over my wedding in late August of 2014 and I can’t say enough about how happy we were with his services.

My husband got a job in Texas around the time he proposed. This resulted in our only having a 5 month engagement and juggling a move along with the wedding planning. I was completely overstretched and hadn't been able to give much time or thought to our ceremony when I first sat down with Mike.

With Mikes help we were able to create a ceremony that felt meaningful and personal with a fraction of the time and effort it would have taken us on our own. He was very responsive and as someone with ADD I appreciated how he checked in with me on my progress and helped make sure everything was done well in advance. He also suggested some fun and unconventional things we could include in our ceremony that I never would have thought of. This allowed us to involve some family members in the ceremony and really made it feel special and unique.

The morning of the wedding was crazy with last minute prep as we had not hired a professional coordinator. In this chaos Mike Baker arrived with everything he needed and went about making sure everything was in place so our ceremony went smoothly.

The ceremony itself was wonderful. We received so many compliments on how personal and intimate the ceremony was (even with 120 people). Mike was also able to deliver a ceremony that both our Catholic and Jewish relatives appreciated.

I could not be happier with how Mike Baker officiated our wedding and I would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone in need of an officiant.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

JP Mike Backer was just the right person for the job for our wedding! My husbands family is Jewish and mine is Protestant, though neither him or myself practice a faith. Mike was able to create a beautiful ceremony that friends and family have given only great reviews, plus both my husband and I were very happy with everything!!
Thanks Mike, we loved it all!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
508-481-7338
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards