Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We could not have had a better experience with Mike Backer! We had to contact him last minute to organize a private wedding and he was very accommodating and flexible, able to work with us just two days before! He has a great spirit and humor, while remaining very professional. He listened to what we wanted and needed and was willing to change or add to the service based on what we wanted. I couldn't be happier with his services!

Services Used: Officiant

JP Mike Backer did a fantastic Ceremony for our wedding. His realism and sense of humor was an added point of ease to us during our ceremony. He's professional and open to any ideas for a wedding ceremony. He also had marvelous suggestions. He kept the flow of our ceremony going smoothly, as my limo was late, which made the bride and bridesmaids late. He really put us at ease. Our ceromy was absolutely beautiful and I would highly recommend Mike Baxter to anyone getting married or renewing their vows. Thank you so much Mike.

Recently Married

He made the whole experience easier by helping us through the process. He helped ease awkwardness and tension during the rehearsal and made sure everything went smoothly the day of the wedding with a few laughs as well.

3.8

Felt a bit rushed, he even mentioned another appointment he needed to go to as if we were taking up his time on our own wedding. I would not hire again due to lack of professionalism and of apathy to your special event.

Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer responded with the following comments:

This is the first time I have ever responded to a review and honestly feel that although the author may have valid comments, without my knowing the date, location or venue of the ceremony, I can't respond factually. Yes, I do often book more than one wedding on any given day. Yes, I may have had another engagement scheduled. That said, sometimes weddings begin as much as 30 minutes after the agreed upon start time and I schedule my appointments base upon good faith that the starting time will be as agreed or within 15 minutes. I usually arrive at ceremonies 30 minutes or more ahead of the scheduled start time to get set up and to make sure everything goes properly etc. Professionalism is most important to me and although I'd like to make things right, without knowing the specifics I guess I would hope those who read this review will consider it in the context of the other 150 or so more positive reviews. Thank you to the author for your candor. Sincerely, Mike

Kristy
05/22/2015

Mike was wonderful! Professional yet personable. He was a pleasure to work with!

YARITZA & MICHAEL
05/17/2015

He did a great job...professional in all aspects and also made us laugh when we needed it! Thank you Mike for everything!!!!!

Roy
05/16/2015

We found Mike to be very helpful and friendly in the planning stages, and an absolute joy at the actual wedding. I/we don't know how he could have done any better. He added a little humor which we appreciated. We recommend him highly.

05/02/2015

Mike Backer was an excellent wedding officiant for our wedding. He walked us wedding newbies through the whole wedding ceremony process during a pre-meeting and a rehearsal. Mike is a confident, experienced, responsive, and humorous justice of the peace. Though I don't know how his prices compare with others, he is definitely someone who can get the job done and the job done well.

Amber
05/02/2015

He worked with us to customize our ceremony. He provided a book of ideas to chose from which was very helpful. His work is very professional and prompt. When asked to add or change anything, he was fast to respond to our wishes. At the ceremony he made all of our friends and family very comfortable. He added humor and put us all at ease! We couldn't have asked for a better person to make our special day be the best it could be! Highly recommended!

Lisa
04/11/2015

Mike was our JP for our wedding in April 2015. He was very responsive to all of our phone calls and emails. At the last minute we decided to add a few things to our ceremony and he accommodated it with no questions asked. It was a gorgeous day and we were able to do the ceremony outdoors. After I mentioned that I wanted to stop up the road and take pictures on the train tracks. He walked us through a small section of woods to a section of the tracks that were no longer in service and we were able to get great pictures overlooking the reservoir! We can't thank him enough for making our day so special!

Erin
03/21/2015

Very nice man. He was flexible and met with us to discuss options and possible ideas for our wedding ceremony. Payment was easy. The wedding service was beautiful. He showed up on time and in professional attire, and the ceremony went without a problem. He was all smiles and made it an even more un-forgetable evening.

Lutz
02/28/2015

It was a very warm and personal experience!!!!!

Recently Married

Mike was very attentive and friendly with all the guests. He arrived early and when it became apparent that we were running late, he had no problem spending the extra time that was needed. He was well prepared and knew how to orchestrate the ceremony. He was perfect!

Recently Married

Michael Backer was truly amazing!! I strongly recommend him!! We could not have had a better Justice of the Peace to marry us. We got many compliments about him after the wedding ceremony. Throughout the planning process, Michael was extremely helpful and responsive. We were very lucky to have the best JP for our wedding. Your weddig ceremony could not go wrong with him!

JoAnna
11/15/2014

We had the pleasure of having Mike as our wedding officiant this past weekend, and he was GREAT. The amount of accolades he received from our families and friends at the reception further solidified how great our decision was to work with Mike. He was funny, kind, organized, and overall wonderful to work with. He made the whole process incredibly easy (his binder of ceremony ideas is really helpful!) and answered any questions we had in a detailed way and very promptly. Thank you, Mike!

Services Used: Officiant

Mike Backer walked us through every step of creating a ceremony that was perfect for us. He was very prompt in corresponding with us. We wrote our own vows, and he helped Sarah with polishing hers. At the ceremony, he was professional yet had a welcome sense of humor. Both of our families were happy with the service he provided. He gave us a binder containing our entire ceremony, and he promptly submitted our marriage license to the town clerk. We highly recommend Mike Backer as an officiant - he did an exceptional job.
Kindly,