Hot Cakes

Hot Cakes

Favorite
Winnipeg, MB
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Profile Picture
Private User
2+ years ago
1.3

Choosing Hot Cakes as my bakery for my wedding cake was a mistake. She did not listen to what I wanted. I made sure to confirm everything with her before my wedding. But she got the flavours wrong. We wanted to have a chocolate cake with chocolate icing for our top tier to save for our 1 year anniversary. We chose other flavours for the other 2 tiers because we also had a chocolate dessert. But she ended up making a bottom tier chocolate, chocolate which was served. And now we have the wrong flavour for our anniversary. Also I made sure to arrange with her to leave the cake boxes at the venue so my family could transport the cake home. She didn't leave them and most of the cake was ruined in transport.

0.6

Never...Never again would I order through Cakes By Shelley. She was beyond rude, and not put together very well. I had ordered a wedding cake through her, and if I could go back in time I would have gotten someone else. The cake was also very expensive for the outcome. Even on the day of the wedding when she had dropped of the cake at the vender, she didnt even brother putting the cake together properly before she left (which was in the contract). My wedding planner was the one who had to do that. So I would NOT recommend Cakes By Shelley to ANYONE.

Hot Cakes responded with the following comments:

Sara,

It looks like you have commented on the wrong bakery. I did not prepare a wedding cake for anyone named Sara at all in 2010, and I was also closed for your wedding date. Please ensure you have the correct business before adding your comments.

Shelley

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Shelly was extremely accommodating, professional and most importantly, the cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Shelley was absolutely amazing! Our cupcakes, were exactly what we wanted, and they were so delicious! I would reccommend Cakes by Shelley to anyone that is getting married! She was great to work with, and if I ever need any cakes or cupcakes in the future, I will most definitely use her services again!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I had my cake done by Cakes by Shelley and I was so thrilled when I saw what she had done with my cake - I had left the design up to her, and she created the most beautiful piece of art that matched my decor and even had my invitation design incorporated. Then, when it came to eating the cake, I was even more impressed - it was so moist and delicious - definitely the best cake I have ever had. Her prices are pretty decent considering she uses very good quality ingredients. I would highly recommend her.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Shelley is a very professional and accommodating vendor. She delivers exactly what is promised with no surprises. When dealing with something as important as the cake you don't want any surprises and we were very happy with what we received. The cake was not only beautiful but delicious. The price is a little steep, but I did not find anywhere else with better prices, so I think it's just the nature of wedding cakes. I would highly recommend this vendor.