HMR Designs

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The moment I had my first meeting with Rachel at HMR I knew I wouldn't be happy with any other floral/decor vendor. HMR has a gorgeous office and although they seem aimed at high budget, extravagant wedding productions, Rachel worked with me to make my vision a reality for my 90 person intimate and romantic wedding. Rachel was very attentive and answered all my questions in a timely manner. I was a pretty hands off bride and gave her my opinions and what I liked and trusted that HMR would make it happen... and that is exactly what they did. They transformed my ceremony room and reception room in the Omni Chicago Hotel into a romantic, candlelit, floral filled space. They created a beautiful arch as the focal point of our reception and everyone raved about the lanterns, centerpieces and bouquets. They made my wedding day vision a magical reality!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

We hired Jessica to do the florals for our wedding, after a great meeting where we felt very confident that she had a great idea of what we wanted.

Months passed, and the time for the sample was coming up. We asked her if she needed any more information and she said no. She sent us one idea we didn't like, which made us nervous, but she still seemed confident she could deliver.

On the day of the sample, it was readily apparent that she didn't get what I was thinking, at all. It's possible my vision had changed-- but she should have taken me up on my offer to make it clearer as the sample date approached. What she presented seemed eminently unimaginative. She just slapped together a recreation of one particular photo I had shown as an example of something I liked... but not that I loved. The things I loved-- and had shown photos of-- were nowhere to be seen.

She then told us that for our budget we simply couldn't do much better.

That made us quite upset. We are spending a great deal on flowers, and she had clearly spent no time or effort on this design. I wrote her a lengthy email expressing my desire to move forward, giving very clear, direct instructions for what I wanted to see-- with updated photos. I opened and closed the email by saying that the reason all of this went wrong was because of her failure to communicate-- her tendency to wait weeks to write an email response, her lack of desire to check in and confirm that our visions were the same.

She waited FIVE DAYS to respond, in any way, to an email requesting better communication. This was appalling.

We got our money back and headed to Kehoe, where Phil got our vision spot-on, first try, without even having a meeting in person first. Let's say Kehoe does designs, HMR does recreations... Kehoe has imagination, HMR needs you to have imagination for them... and oh yeah, Kehoe treats its customers like customers, HMR treats them like plebians worthy of their disdain.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Heffernan Morgan was a recommendation from my coordinator, KJS Weddings. Our contact at Heffernan's name was Berkley.

We had a very good experience; Berkley did an amazing job. The HB space is really beautiful. I visited a similar type of florist in the city and felt very out of place, very intimidated and over my head. This was not the case at all at HM.

Berkley really took her time to listen to my ideas and play off of them. Our conservative budget was no issue, as they worked around it beautifully to provide elegant, unique flowers.

If I had to leave constructive criticism, I would mention two things: 1) The beautiful broach/trinket they placed around my bridal bouquet fell off during pictures, before the ceremony even started, and was impossible to put back on (not a big deal, just annoying); and 2) The beautiful little basket they made for the flower girl to carry was way too heavy for the toddler to carry!

• Wedding: 11/14/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Berkley at Heffernan was incredible. They can work with all budgets & even if they are a little more well worth it. She took idea's that I had & changed them up a little & all of my flowers were beyond anything I expected. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a florist.

• Wedding: 09/12/2008

awesome

• Wedding: 02/10/2007
  • Flexibility: 5.0

THey were true visionaries when I described what it was that I wanted. They were completely professional, and were attentive to every detail.

• Wedding: 05/29/2005
773-782-0800
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
4.2