Gowns of Grace: A Bridal Boutique

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Nancy Dodd is amazing! They have such a quaint shop that boasts some of the most beautiful wedding dresses you'be ever seen. She has a way of picking a gorgeous gown based on body type etc. She is such a sweet woman to deal with and I can't wait for her to dress me for my wedding. I got so many compliments on my MOH gown. She altered it several times which was perfect so I didn't feel the need to "crash diet." We are so thankful we found her and would highly recommend her to anyone that is looking :)

Thank you!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Nancy did a great job on the alterations! Very pleased.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Nancy at Gowns of Grace is incredible! She runs her store, her appointments, and completes all of her alterations. She truly specializes in creating a custom look. She took apart parts of my dress and reconstructed it beautifully. She is incredibly flexible and willing to do whatever you ask. She created my perfect wedding look. I recommend her to every bride I know!

Hannah
12/29/2014

Nancy worked so well with my schedule and short engagement. It was a peaceful environment and I have already recommended friends.

Gowns of Grace: A Bridal Boutique responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Hannah!

Mariah
11/26/2014

Nancy is an exceptional business owner and has a natural passion for her life's work. I prepared for a small wedding in a 4 week time period. She kept me calm and assured me that she would be able to alter my wedding dress in accordance to my time frame and her honesty and handy-work was incredible. I wish I had stopped by Nancy's quaint boutique before looking anywhere else.

Thank you Mariah!

Kyra
11/22/2014

Nancy did an awesome job. Even with last min. alterations for one of the bridesmaids gown the day before my wedding.

Thank you Kyra!

Allison
11/09/2014

I purchased my wedding dress at another location and brought it to Gowns of Grace to style. They not only styles it, they wnded up altering it to fit even better. They have great style and were very accommodating to the questions and requests of my mother and mother in law. They also were flexible about when I came in for my fitting allowing us to pick a time that worked best. I will definitely work with Gowns of Grace for my next formal occasion.

Ginger
10/26/2014

They did the alterations and personalization on my daughters Wedding dress and mine. AWESOME job!!

Thank you so much !

Recently Married

I'm not sure I utilized the star system correctly above, but my intention was to give all five stars for everything. The service was wonderful, Alma was amazing, the dress turned out perfectly and when we had a last minute request to sew an heirloom into the back of the gown it was done in 10 minutes. I don't have another daughter, but if I did, I would absolutely use Gowns of Grace again.

Thank you so much!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Alma and Nancy were great! I couldn't be more pleased. They helped my have the dress of my dreams.

Recently Married

I first visited gowns of grace to find a wedding dress but really wasn't sure of what I wanted . the girls were very patient and answered all of my questions and concerns I had. I didn't want to commit to something just yet, so I left. I ended up finding the dress I really wanted but need alterations. I went back to get my dress altered at gowns of grace. They were very welcoming and the girls were really excited that I found the dress I wanted. The alterations were amazing.

Thank you so much!

Paula
10/12/2014

Great work and knowledge! Such a pleasure to work with Nancy.

Janice
10/02/2014

It was a joy to work with Nancy at Gowns of Grace. We would highly recommend her to our friends.

Thank you!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Nancy was amazing to work with at Gowns of Grace. I fell in love with a dress at a different boutique but didn't like the people there - but I loved Nancy. So she actually ordered me the dress so I could work with her and then she customized it to fit exactly what I wanted...adding pearls and such to match my jewelry. She was really great with matching the veil and has so many great ideas. She is also very patient. I kept coming back and trying on dress after dress because I wasn't sure - and she was extremely patient. And - the dress for like a glove. More than three months after the wedding people are still talking about my dress and how well if fit - like it was designed for me! And Nancy did that in just a couple fittings because my wedding was in Colorado. She even helped my mom pack in an air tight vacuum bag to transport on the plane. I can't say enough good things about my experience.

Recently Married

Nancy really went out of her way to accommodate me - I was visiting from out of town and she made a special appointment so that I could see her before I had to leave. She worked with me to try a variety of styles, and had all the accessories we needed to really be able to see what the final product would look like. Even though I'm overseas, Nancy's professionalism gave me complete confidence that I have no need to worry about my gown being ready when I come back to Texas for the wedding. Cannot wait. It's going to be awesome. Thanks, Nancy!!!

Recently Married

My sister was visiting from Australia, and she'll be getting married in Austin, Texas, in September. She had been looking for a dress during her visit to Dallas, and had some options that were nice, but nothing that was "The One." We called Gowns of Grace on New Year's day, which was the last day that my sister would be in town. Despite the fact that they were closed for the day, Nancy invited us to come to the shop and take a look at the gowns.

When we walked into the shop, Nancy asked my sister what her dream dress would be. My sister then took out a photo of the dress she's been searching for-- it's a vintage photo, and she's just trying to find something similar. Nancy said, "What if we just made that dress for you?" We were shocked.

We thought that the cost of an original dress would be outrageous, but the price she quoted us was in line with many of the off-the-rack dresses in the store. My sister was so excited.

Then, Nancy recommended that my sister try on similar shapes to the dress we would make. As it turned out, the "dream dress" neckline was not the best option for my sister (it had cap sleeves that would restrict her movement a little). She tried on another dress in the shop, recommended by Nancy, and it was The One. We knew immediately.

Since my sister has an unusual schedule (she won't be back in the US until days before the wedding), our next concern was the fitting of the dress. And how much would it cost to mail it to Australia, just for her to have to bring it back on the plane to the wedding?

Nancy recommended that we do a fitting days before the wedding, when my sister will be back in town. The fact that they can (and offer) to do that is amazing, and was perfect for our situation.

Their service at Gowns of Grace was unbelievably flexible and more than that-- they were extremely welcoming and kind.