Gowns of Grace: A Bridal Boutique

Gowns of Grace: A Bridal Boutique

A Bridal Boutique on West Lovers Lane!

4309 West Lovers Lane
Dallas, TX 75209 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of the Brid...
Accessories: Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Veils
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.8 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nancy Dodd is amazing! They have such a quaint shop that boasts some of the most beautiful wedding dresses you'be ever seen. She has a way of picking a gorgeous gown based on body type etc. She is such a sweet woman to deal with and I can't wait for her to dress me for my wedding. I got so many compliments on my MOH gown. She altered it several times which was perfect so I didn't feel the need to "crash diet." We are so thankful we found her and would highly recommend her to anyone that is looking :)

Thank you!

• Wedding: 05/23/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nancy at Gowns of Grace is incredible! She runs her store, her appointments, and completes all of her alterations. She truly specializes in creating a custom look. She took apart parts of my dress and reconstructed it beautifully. She is incredibly flexible and willing to do whatever you ask. She created my perfect wedding look. I recommend her to every bride I know!

• Wedding: 03/21/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nancy worked so well with my schedule and short engagement. It was a peaceful environment and I have already recommended friends.

Gowns of Grace: A Bridal Boutique responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Hannah!

• Wedding: 12/29/2014
Hannah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nancy is an exceptional business owner and has a natural passion for her life's work. I prepared for a small wedding in a 4 week time period. She kept me calm and assured me that she would be able to alter my wedding dress in accordance to my time frame and her honesty and handy-work was incredible. I wish I had stopped by Nancy's quaint boutique before looking anywhere else.

Thank you Mariah!

• Wedding: 11/26/2014
Mariah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nancy did an awesome job. Even with last min. alterations for one of the bridesmaids gown the day before my wedding.

Thank you Kyra!

• Wedding: 11/22/2014
Kyra
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I purchased my wedding dress at another location and brought it to Gowns of Grace to style. They not only styles it, they wnded up altering it to fit even better. They have great style and were very accommodating to the questions and requests of my mother and mother in law. They also were flexible about when I came in for my fitting allowing us to pick a time that worked best. I will definitely work with Gowns of Grace for my next formal occasion.

• Wedding: 11/09/2014
Allison
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They did the alterations and personalization on my daughters Wedding dress and mine. AWESOME job!!

Thank you so much !

• Wedding: 10/26/2014
Ginger
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I'm not sure I utilized the star system correctly above, but my intention was to give all five stars for everything. The service was wonderful, Alma was amazing, the dress turned out perfectly and when we had a last minute request to sew an heirloom into the back of the gown it was done in 10 minutes. I don't have another daughter, but if I did, I would absolutely use Gowns of Grace again.

Thank you so much!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Alma and Nancy were great! I couldn't be more pleased. They helped my have the dress of my dreams.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I first visited gowns of grace to find a wedding dress but really wasn't sure of what I wanted . the girls were very patient and answered all of my questions and concerns I had. I didn't want to commit to something just yet, so I left. I ended up finding the dress I really wanted but need alterations. I went back to get my dress altered at gowns of grace. They were very welcoming and the girls were really excited that I found the dress I wanted. The alterations were amazing.

Thank you so much!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Great work and knowledge! Such a pleasure to work with Nancy.

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
Paula
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was a joy to work with Nancy at Gowns of Grace. We would highly recommend her to our friends.

Thank you!

• Wedding: 10/02/2014
Janice
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nancy was amazing to work with at Gowns of Grace. I fell in love with a dress at a different boutique but didn't like the people there - but I loved Nancy. So she actually ordered me the dress so I could work with her and then she customized it to fit exactly what I wanted...adding pearls and such to match my jewelry. She was really great with matching the veil and has so many great ideas. She is also very patient. I kept coming back and trying on dress after dress because I wasn't sure - and she was extremely patient. And - the dress for like a glove. More than three months after the wedding people are still talking about my dress and how well if fit - like it was designed for me! And Nancy did that in just a couple fittings because my wedding was in Colorado. She even helped my mom pack in an air tight vacuum bag to transport on the plane. I can't say enough good things about my experience.

• Wedding: 10/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Nancy really went out of her way to accommodate me - I was visiting from out of town and she made a special appointment so that I could see her before I had to leave. She worked with me to try a variety of styles, and had all the accessories we needed to really be able to see what the final product would look like.
Even though I'm overseas, Nancy's professionalism gave me complete confidence that I have no need to worry about my gown being ready when I come back to Texas for the wedding. Cannot wait. It's going to be awesome. Thanks, Nancy!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

My sister was visiting from Australia, and she'll be getting married in Austin, Texas, in September. She had been looking for a dress during her visit to Dallas, and had some options that were nice, but nothing that was "The One." We called Gowns of Grace on New Year's day, which was the last day that my sister would be in town. Despite the fact that they were closed for the day, Nancy invited us to come to the shop and take a look at the gowns.

When we walked into the shop, Nancy asked my sister what her dream dress would be. My sister then took out a photo of the dress she's been searching for-- it's a vintage photo, and she's just trying to find something similar. Nancy said, "What if we just made that dress for you?" We were shocked.

We thought that the cost of an original dress would be outrageous, but the price she quoted us was in line with many of the off-the-rack dresses in the store. My sister was so excited.

Then, Nancy recommended that my sister try on similar shapes to the dress we would make. As it turned out, the "dream dress" neckline was not the best option for my sister (it had cap sleeves that would restrict her movement a little). She tried on another dress in the shop, recommended by Nancy, and it was The One. We knew immediately.

Since my sister has an unusual schedule (she won't be back in the US until days before the wedding), our next concern was the fitting of the dress. And how much would it cost to mail it to Australia, just for her to have to bring it back on the plane to the wedding?

Nancy recommended that we do a fitting days before the wedding, when my sister will be back in town. The fact that they can (and offer) to do that is amazing, and was perfect for our situation.

Their service at Gowns of Grace was unbelievably flexible and more than that-- they were extremely welcoming and kind.

• Flexibility: 5.0

I originally visited Gowns of Grace during my wedding dress search – the shop is a cute, quaint shop inside of a home (currently going under slight remodel) and it makes you feel right at ease! I had made an appointment on a Saturday afternoon and talk about a personal experience! Nancy, the owner of Gowns of Grace personally worked with me (and was so accommodating to my man of honor and bridesmaid who accompanied me). We started with a consultation which was perfect – I was never the girl who dreamed of her wedding day nor had ever thought about wedding dresses until now but through the consultation (i.e. I need to look taller as I’m 5’3 and my fiancée is 6’5) she began to sketch out a few key elements that she was recommending for my body type. You see, before she sold dresses she was originally a dress MAKER (she made wedding dresses from scratch!). We then went straight into pulling dresses! I always felt at ease and found a few dresses that made the final list that day. I ended up finding my dress at a different shop but even the gal there said “by the way you don’t have to have your dress altered by us – there’s someone that keeps coming up on all the review sites and she might be someone you go to see” and I knew that she was talking about Nancy. The dress came in late June for a late August wedding and all she needed was 10 days and I was able to take the dress home on the 4th appointment! I had lost enough weight that she had to take in about 1.5 inches on each side (I could barely keep the strapless dress up) but by the end, the dress looked like it had been custom made for my body ☺ She’s not only a pro but such a joy to work with – like working with a close Aunt. She also did fabulous with one of my bridesmaids and her dress (the dress had to be taken down by a size and shortened to fit her petite frame). Go see Nancy - if you don’t get your dress there, you must see her for alterations!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
Shizuka
214-902-0800
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment