George Street Photo & Video

Value
4.3
Flexibility
[Private]

I just booked my photo and video for my upcoming wedding and working with Jillian at George Street has been awesome! I sent in an inquiry and they have been super responsive from the beginning. Jillian makes you feel comfortable and explains the packages in great detail. She has worked with me to make sure my package fits my needs and my budget. I can't wait to get started using my portal!! Thanks Jillian!!

Services Used: Photography, Videography

George Street is AMAZING! Not only do their pictures and video look absolutely FABULOUS... but they are so willing to help, it's great! I had a bit of a mix up and wasn't able to make it on time to our first appointment, and they were so helpful to get me in by the following day with someone else that was available. They are also so flexible with me and how things work best with and for us, it's amazing! I trust these people with everything, and can't wait for our wedding day because I know our pictures and video will turn out beautifully!

Services Used: Photography, Videography

I met with Sophia Kim and her charm is overwhelmingly pleasant. She takes the time to listen and understand your needs. I did not have to express myself too much for her to really understand what my expectations are for my wedding, She was able to understand my vision and was able to provide the best possible candidates for my lead photographer.

George Street photo continues to follow up with me and I am confident enough in them to post a review prior to my wedding because they have shown me nothing but excellent customer service. I have noticed with some vendors that after you sign their contract, their tone and attitude changes but George Street continues to show the excellent level of service they promised. Plus there pricing is so reasonable you can't beat it!

I am so happy I chose George Street for my wedding!

Services Used: Photography, Videography

Awesome services will deff. Refer them to my frienss an family

[Private]

OHMYGOSH LOVE!! Just had my engagement portraits done, and they turned out so beautifully!!!!
I love that you get tons of benefits with working with a larger company- like there is a backup photographer on the date of the wedding if anything happens to your photographer on the big day. And, you get two photographers- to get awesome different angle shots and help get al the pictures before the wedding.
They prefer taking portraits during the weekday, but with my fiancé and I both living out of town, they were so good about working with us on the weekends.
They have a team dedicated to correspondence so you hear back so quickly.
You take a quiz to figure out your photography style, and that matches you with a few different photographers. Then, you can look at portfolios and decide! It was such a neat experience.
It was such a good deal compared to other photographers in the area. And, you can get a package that includes an awesome personalized photo album.
LOVED my engagement session, and I cannot even wait for the big day!!!
I am also getting a videographer for the wedding, and I am so confident that it will be great.
The only thing negative I can say is that it look 4 weeks to get engagement pictures back- and that felt like a lifetime.

Services Used: Photography

Jennifer was our photographer and was absolutely phenomenal. The number one vendor I wanted to make sure was PERFECT was the photographer, and I'm so pleased with my decision to go with George Street. They were incredibly professional from start to finish and they made sure that the photographer and I were on the same page the entire time so I would get exactly what we wanted. We've only seen a few preview photos so far, but I already cannot wait to get the rest.

Services Used: Photography

I found George street photo off of theknot.com. I was at first leery about choosing a photographer off the internet and not by choosing one from friends or family who had experience with the photographer. I met with one of the consultants and I was able to watch four video portfolios of photographers and I got to choose the photographer that best reflected my style. I chose one of the premium packages, which included an engagement session. The pictures took less than a month to return to me and they were beautiful. I knew then that my wedding pictures would be amazing. I was always in full contact with the photographer. I had his cell phone number and an emergency contact number for the day of my event. I had a lead photographer and an assistant. They both were able to capture every image and angle of my wedding. I'm so grateful that I spent the money I did. There were lots of photography companies that charged less than what I paid, but there were also companies that charged more. You do get what you pay for. If you want quality, you will have to pay, but if you want to see images of your wedding just as if u were there again, then choose George Street.

Services Used: Photography

We had so much fun with Lawrence, Jessica and Eric!! They were knowledgeable, fun and easy to work with! We have not yet seen our photos or video but I have no doubt the will be amazing. I even caught Lawrence singing along to one of my favorite old school songs! Thank you guys for everything!!

04/25/2015

Our wedding was photographed by Sarah in Gainesville, VA. While we have not received all of our photos back yet, we did receive a few sneak peeks and they are beautiful. Our experience with George Street Photo & Video has so far been flawless, but this review is mainly a shout-out to Sarah - her calming presence throughout the day was invaluable to making the day go smoothly, and we could not be more grateful. Thank you, Sarah!

Services Used: Photography

George Street provides the service during our wedding. Our day went smoothly and a lot of pictures were taken. Maria Nguyen and Charity were great! They went over and beyond our expectations and helped us get shots that we would never have thought to take. They were courteous and very personable.

Services Used: Photography, Videography

We loved our photographers Maria and Charity. They were kind, professional, talented, and made us feel extremely comfortable! The packages at George Street are completely affordable and very high quality. There are several great packages to choose from. Communication with the wedding coordinators was excellent. We had last minute changes and Chloe ( wedding coordinator ) made it happen. Currently waiting for photos and video. By seeing the samples from our wedding, we see the quality George Street puts in. =)

Services Used: Photography, Videography

George Street makes planning every photo op and video coverage so easy! They send out two photographers and a videographer so they don't miss single special moment! Before you are even assigned a photographer you take an online test to choose the style of photography that you like the most. Then you are allowed to view several samples of work and you are matched with the photographer and videographer who shoots pics in your preferred style. We had several meetings beforehand with our photographer and she was wonderful!

Sarah
03/21/2015

We had an excellent experience with George Street and with our photographer, Kate! We loved being able to pick our photographer based on her portfolio and bio. The planning tools online were helpful to get a sense of our wedding day style and was easy to plan the timeline details for that day. We had tons of wedding coordinators available to help with any questions and were able to speak with Kate the week of the wedding to plan certain shots we wanted, etc. She was ADORABLE and I instantly felt at ease with her. She was extremely creative and captured moments that I will treasure forever. She even had a clear umbrella with her to use when it rained following our ceremony (such cute pictures! Loved having access to all the pictures to download, print, email, etc. Great value and overall awesome experience!

1 person found this review helpful

Working with George Street was wonderful! It was definitely a different experience from any of the other photographers that we interviewed, but after taking a few personality/style quizzes we found our "perfect match" photographer and videographer and after seeing our photos, they were definitely a perfect match! Zelin was our photographer and he was amazing! We loved working with him on our engagement photos and loved him even more at our wedding! He was calm and professional and took amazing photos. The whole team at George Street was great to work with and were all very promt in answering our emails. I would definitely recommend working with them!

Danielle
03/15/2015

My Fiance (now Husband) and I were planning our wedding when our original photographer realized he double booked himself. I took to the internet and found George Street. I told them that we were getting married in two months, and hopeful that they could help us.

From the first meeting with them I got the feeling that we were their ONLY client. The One-On-One attention that we received was above and beyond.
They helped up cram 6+ months of planning and meetings with your photographer into 6 weeks.

Their online portal for your wedding proved to be most helpful. They also had a quiz that they ask you to take in the efforts to help match you with a photographer who understood your style.

Additionally, they came to the table with FOUR (4) photographers that were available on our day. We were able to look at sample shots and determine from that who we would like to shoot our wedding.

George Street offers so much more than photographer. They have videography as well as photo / memory books. But above all else - they offer you piece of mind. I can't tell you how many times we reached out to our Wedding Coordinator for a question that we just didn't know or understand. Within two hours we had a reply for them.

Our photographer - Greg Cali - took incredible photographs of our wedding that we will cherish for a lifetime. We feel like finding them both was a blessing in disguise.

You shouldn't need to look anywhere else for your wedding photography and videography needs. George Street is the best!!!

Sarah
02/15/2015

When we began our search for a wedding photographer for our Washington DC wedding, it was very overwhelming. The prices seemed so far out of our reach, and we weren't sure how to afford what we wanted- then we found George Street. Not only did they offer high quality products, but they had an amazing package deal (2 photographers, 1 videographer, 1 album, an engagement session, and a BlueRay video) that was less than the entire cost of ONLY the photos from an individual photographer. It was a no-brainer. When we met with our coordinator, she helped us make our decision without pressuring us. Eric was a fabulous photographer! We loved how he shot images that matched our taste. Our second photographer (name evades me) was also wonderful! Our videographer, Hugh, was a hit of our wedding. Everyone loved him! Now that we have our images and video, we are so pleased with the outcome- George Street went above and beyond with their communication and customer service. I would be happy to recommend them to any bride!