Genevieve Stewart Photography

Value
Flexibility
Savannah
09/26/2014

We knew we wanted to spend more on our photographer than other elements of the wedding because so many of our friends were really disappointed in the photos of their big day. In retrospect, that was one of our best decisions in the whole wedding planning process. We did engagement photos, a family shoot with our extended family the week of the wedding, and our wedding photos with them. Here are some of our favorite things about working with them. 1) They are incredibly talented. Our wedding photos exceeded our very high expectations. That day was so priceless, and I’m so glad we had top talent preserving those memories for us. 2) They are very fun and easy to work with. You can tell that they are not only exceptionally talented photographers but they also really seem to love the craft. When we showed them some engagement photos we wanted to imitate, they jumped right on board and identified two great locations that they’d never shot at before. They experimented with new ideas, and we were extremely happy with the result. Before the wedding I couldn’t decide whether or not we should hire a videographer, and I really worried I would regret it if we didn’t. In the end we didn’t get a videographer, and I don’t regret it at all because our photos are so amazing. Tip: One thing we did that ensured we were thrilled with our photos was pin wedding photos we love on Pinterest and share the board with Chad and Genevieve. We were so in the moment on our wedding day that we weren’t thinking about making sure we got those photos, but Chad and Genevieve did and those are some of our fave shots. If you want a photo with each table- say so. If you want a photo with both of your grandmothers, tell them in advance because you won’t remember the day of. Chad and Genevieve did a great job of guiding us through all the shots we told them in advance that we wanted. From beginning to end, working with Chad and Genevieve was a pleasure.

Recently Married

Genevieve and Chad were an absolute dream to work with. They were kind, patient, very professional and took stunning photos. I loved working with them and most certainly would again.

08/23/2014

I am still in awe of the amazing work Genevieve and Chad did! The pictures from our wedding are truly breathtaking! Not only are our pictures amazing, but the overall experience of working with them was great too. My husband and I were very picky about our vendors, and Genevieve and Chad lived up to our expectations in every way and beyond. I am so glad I hired them to photograph the most important day of our lives. They were so professional and laid back! With the array of photographers out there, I know that we hired the best of the best! I would recommend them to anyone getting married and I hope to work with them again in the future.

Lauren
06/21/2014

Gen and Chad are AMAZING!!!!! They did our engagement photos and our wedding day photos and both turned out fabulous. Your wedding day passes by so quickly and going through the thousands of photos they took truly brought me back to my wedding day! Even better is that looking at their photos allowed me to finally see all the tiny details that I never got to look at the day of the wedding. They truly captured the entire day perfectly and their photos tell the story of my wedding day perfectly. Their photos truly make my wedding look like it should have been in a magazine. My husband really didn't like the idea of being photographed and they both made him so comfortable to the point he even admitted that he forgot they were there. My only complaint is that I now have to pick a selection of their thousand photos for my wedding album and decide which photos to frame and I don't know how to narrow it down because all their photos are so beautiful. Thank you so much Chad and Gen for perfectly capturing our wedding day!

Services Used: Photography

Genevieve and Chad were amazing to work with! They were professional, friendly and super responsive through the entire process. We haven't gotten back all of our pictures, but the sneak peek photos were amazing! I would recommend working with them to another bride!

Jen
05/03/2014

Gen & Chad were so amazing! They took formal and fun photos of family and friends and then blended in so smoothly throughout the reception that you barely noticed them. They took tons of pictures without being in your face. They were so friendly and I cant say enough good things about them!

Sierra
10/05/2013

Choosing Genevieve and Chad being the photographers for our wedding was high priority for me. We wanted Genevieve and Chad to photograph our wedding so much we had to make sure they were available before choosing our wedding date. We had always admired their work and knew they would never fall short of amazing. They were so easy to work with and they make you feel so comfortable in front of the camera. Feeling comfortable in front of the camera=amazing photos. The engagement photos were amazing and the wedding photos were amazing. People tell us constantly how beautiful the photos of our wedding were, but we have to give it to Genevieve and Chad's incredible work. We are so happy to have these amazing photos to look at the rest of our lives!!

09/21/2013

Genevieve and Chad shot our wedding and it was more than we every could have hoped for. They were easy to work with, fun, and had great ideas for unique and beautiful shots. We couldn't be happier with how our photos turned out and we would definitely recommend them to anyone.

1+ year ago

You cannot find a better photography duo than Genevieve and Chad. These two are as good as they get for a price that is more than satisfying to pay. If you're considering photographers for a major event in your life, stop wasting time and hire Genevieve. You won't regret it. That much I can promise you. From the first time you meet to the moment they walk out the door on your event, you will know that you made the right choice. There is a reason they are one of the most highly recommended photographers in the Outer Banks and to be honest, book them quick. Aside from being incredible artists, they are just flat out incredible people who become a part of your life forever. We met them as strangers and left considering them friends. I can't thank them enough for their work and would recommend them over every option, without question or hesitation. This is the photographer for you and you can thank me later.

Tiffany
09/01/2013

Photography was our most important investment for our wedding day. Genevieve and Chad captured the most amazing day of our lives way beyond our expectations! We were so comfortable working with them and are so thankful to have these beautiful photos as memories of our big day!

Services Used: Photography

Genevieve and Chad are amazing photographers. I would recommend them for your wedding in the outer banks. They were so flexible and easy going individuals. Our Ceremony was scheduled to be on the beach but it rained so we had it inside, once the ceremony was over it stopped raining. Genevieve and Chad got all of us to get together so that my husband and I could get our pictures on the beach before the next storm came. They worked so hard to get this for us! They also were amazing for the reception because they took whatever pictures we wanted and took some pictures of us partying. They even went out of there way to help us with the wish lanterns since we did not know how to do them. They will be there for you on your wedding day no matter what and will get the pictures you want. You can have your full faith in them to get all the pictures you want and not have to worry about oh I forgot that picture. They are amazing so if you are having a wedding in the Outer Banks choose them!

Services Used: Photography

Genevieve and Chad were awesome to work with. We were lucky enough to have them as photographers for our engagement shoot as well as our wedding. We loved their style from the beginning and they were so friendly and fun to work with. We were kind of nervous about our engagement shoot and they immediately made us feel comfortable and our photos were great at suggesting areas to take pictures, etc. On our wedding day they were just as great. We did a first look and a lot of our pictures before the wedding which gave us much more time to enjoy the reception with our friends and family. I loved how they asked us what kinds of pictures we wanted to have in advance and made sure those were done on the wedding day. There's so much going on its easy to forget. They made us feel so comfortable and they took amazing pictures. We have received so many compliments on our photos and we are so happy that Genevieve and Chad were our photographers!! I would definitely recommend them to any outer banks bride!!!

Services Used: Photography

My husband I instantly clicked with Genevieve and Chad. They are laid back and just easy to be around. We were thrilled with our engagement photos and the wedding pictures were beautiful. They not only captured the big stuff but caught on film all the little nuances that made the day so magical.... All the while making the process really fun. Our pictures are cool, artsy and traditional all at the same time. I would highly recommend these two to any bride!

danielle
1+ year ago

I can not express enough what a fantastic choice I made by picking Gen and Chad. The photography was the one area of my wedding I refused to skimp on, and anyone that has met Gen and Chad or seen their work knows this is the one vendor in OBX you must pick. Having a great photographer is more than just having a keepsake of beautiful and memorable shots, it is feeling comfortable and having the connection with them in order to captivate you and your wedding at its very best. They take the time to learn you as a couple and get what shots work for you. I did a lot of research before picking a photography team, and even met with 2 others in OBX. Within 5 minutes of seeing their work and meeting them I cancelled my other appointments. Brides and Grooms, it is past the point of "recommending" this husband and wife team, I am TELLING you, do not hesitate in booking them. It was the best choice I made this year.

Services Used: Photography

We absolutely love our photographs from Chad & Genevieve! They were so professional, and took amazing photos. There wasn't one photo we didn't love! Thanks, guys, for the amazing photos. We will treasure them forever!

Services Used: Photography

A HUGE thank to the Genevieve, Chad, and Whitney for capturing our wedding day! You are an incredible team, with extraordinary talent, and we were so lucky to have found you! This team is professional, very easy to work with, and made us and our wedding party feel very comfortable throughout the whole process. I would HIGHLY recommend their services for your Outer Banks wedding! THANK YOU!