Fluffy Thoughts Cakes

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I (groom) am gluten intolerant so when it came to cakes we had to be picky. Luckily in the DC area there were plenty of bakeries that could accommodate me. Fluffy Thoughts was recommended by our venue and once I found out that the owner's sister is also gluten intolerant I was at ease. Granted that is a very specific reason to like them. In general though their cakes are delicious and the options are dizzying. We ended up with a small cake and cupcakes to better mix up the regular cake and GF cake. Pricing was great, it was the only thing in our wedding planning that cost less than we were expecting. The people were friendly at the tasting and we definitely feel like we made a good choice. The only little thing is that their store is kind of hard to find as it's in the back of an office park.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My guests are still talking about my wedding cake and how gorgeous and yummy it turned out. With guidance from Laura, we selected several different flavors and fillings for our cake that turned out to he a hit with our guests. We wanted a blush ombre textured design w/ cherry blossoms branching cascading down the side to reflect the colors and theme of our wedding. They perfected the design and the cake was a beautiful fixture in the room before it was completely devoured by our guests. I've never seen people wait in line to get boxes to take wedding cake home until my wedding. Thank you Laura and Fluffy Thoughts for your professionalism, attentiveness, creativity and delicious cakes.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Absolutely delicious cakes!! Our tasting was fun, organized and super tasty-- they recommended many combinations but also allowed us to mix and match as we pleased. Try the homemade caramel-- it's fantastic!
Very reasonable price-wise and willing to send us several estimates to add/remove embellishments. Highly recommend!!

Marguerite
03/21/2015

Fluffy Thoughts is a great place for getting a wedding cake and cupcakes! They were supportive of my idea to have both cake and cupcakes at my wedding. They delivered and set-up everything and it was absolutely beautiful - not to mention super tasty. We even went back two days after the wedding to get some more cupcakes....yum!!! If you don't get your wedding cake from Fluffy Thoughts, then you are missing out.

Private User
Recently Married

Lara designed my wedding cake and it was both beautiful and delicious. The cake looked so amazing that the guests joked that they were going to steal it before the cake cutting ceremony. The wedding cake was also tremendously yummy. I could not stop eating the leftovers the days after my wedding. I highly recommend Fluffy Thoughts.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Delicious, beautiful cakes. Friendly, attentive, professional service. We had a ton of fun at our tasting, but also managed to make a decision between all the amazing options, thanks to their helpful guidance through the process. Any question I sent over email was quickly and helpfully answered. We loved our beautiful cake. We had our own cake topper, but initially talked about having Fluffy Thoughts make one for us and they gave us some great options for that too. Delivery to the venue was smooth and seamless. Yum! Thank you!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

They were professional from start to finish! We did a cake tasting and discussed my vision and what they could do to make my dream come true. I showed them a few sketches and that is all they needed. The cake also was delicious! They are a little pricey but I highly recommend them.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I'm glad I didn't do my wedding cake anywhere else. Thank you Lara so much for making my special day a great one!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Fluffy Thoughts did a wonderful job on my wedding cake and the grooms cake at our wedding this past December. Both cakes were beautifully designed and tasted amazing. We had a hand made sugar flower atop of the wedding cake that was absolutely gorgeous. The grooms cake was also a special design they created for my husband who went to Virginia Tech. We got so many compliments through out the night on the VT cake, everyone thought it was really creative and well done!

I would highly recommend Lara and Fluffy Thoughts, they were a pleasure to work with and did a fantastic job!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Totally loved my cake from Fluffy thoughts!

Private User
Recently Married

I highly recommend that any bride use Fluffy Thoughts. They are a great value yet deliver an extremely high quality product. They were responsive to all my emails and the cake was delicious and beautiful. You would be foolish to choose any other bakery!

Kimberly
12/13/2014

There is just to much perfection to write about. First of all, our wedding cake was absolutely delicious and decadent without overwhelming our guests. We had a gluten free wedding top cake (because I have a gluten allergy) that fooled my now husband. It was almond vanilla with a coffee and chocolate ganache. And the other layers were a normal version of that same combination and then a pumpkin spice layer with cream cheese and caramel center. The cake had an English buttercream icing with lace fluting on every other layer and then Bible verses printed on the alternate layers, one from the Old Testament one from the new. It was topped with the monogram my now husband designed for us, they re-created it from his design. And is sat in several bouquets of our wedding flowers, care of Bergerons. Fluffy Thoughts is amazing, amazing! If I was living in the DC/VA area I would get all my baked good from them forever!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lara is the best!! I can't eat wheat so she made a small round gluten free red velvet cake for me and my husband to top our cupcake tier and it was awesome! We had a book theme, and Lara went above and beyond to decorate our cake with book spines (mostly LotR and Harry Potter) and most importantly. Everything was fresh and delicious! Big hit with our guests!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was beautiful and tasted delicious, I highly recommend Fluffy Thoughts!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I hate to be the person that gives a perfect rating because it seems to good to be true, but we honestly have zero complaints, nor would we change anything about the experience we had with Fluffy Thoughts.

Lara Stuckey is the owner, and she is fantastic. She sits down with you and allows you to sample the cakes she bakes as well as the fillings she offers. We were cake-tasting amateurs so she walked us through the process and recommended flavor combinations that she thought worked well. We actually ended up selecting one flavor we put together with a cookies and cream filling and red velvet cake and also went with the candy bar crunch flavor combination that she recommended. She did a 3 layer cake and made the base layer with one combination and the top two with the other. Both tasted amazing at our wedding.

As far as design goes, she worked with us to create a cake that matched our colors and gradated from blue to white. Everyone commented on how cool it looked when they walked in and saw it on display. We thought we had a great vision for the way we wanted it to look and Lara came through with the execution to match.

Lara typically responded to our emails in the evening which made me realize she was hard at work during the day and quite busy, which is really what you want. A baker who prefers to be on the computer more than working with cakes, probably is like that for a reason.

Her prices are fair and reasonable. She isn't cheap, but if you want to pay for a cheap product, you'll get cheap execution. We wanted a great-tasting, memorable wedding cake and we got exactly that. Oh, and it was delivered exactly on time.

If you go with Lara and Fluffy Thoughts, you will be glad you did.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Fluffy Thoughts is the best quality wedding cake vendor in the area hands down. We loved our tasting (wherer they paired spoons of frosting, filling and cake) and they were so easy to work with and reliable. We would absolutely recommend using Fluffy Thoughts for any special occassion, but especially wedding cakes!