Fluffy Thoughts Cakes

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

This cake was so delicious. We are STILL eating it. Our guests raved about the lovely design and taste. It is truly edible art. The tasting process was also very comfortable and fun. I didn't know much about cakes before and received a real education. It is expensive but it's so delicious that it's worth it. Can't wait for the free anniversary cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I had so many guests come up to me a the wedding and say how delicious our cake was! Fluffy Thoughts was so easy to work with. We had our initial tasting and chose our flavors and design. After that and letting them know the location and time for delivery I never had to worry about anything.

Our cake showed up the day of and was more than I could have imagined, delicious and beautiful!

Jennifer
04/25/2015

Our wedding cake was not only beautiful but also tasted great! 5 tier almond cake with coconut filing and lemon/raspberry filing. The cake was moist and the coconut had real flakes in it!

Delish!

Recently Married

Lara and Fluffy Thoughts did a phenomenal Job with our unusual design -- and were a pleasure to work with. Everyone loved it. We're already looking forward to the anniversary cake they'll send us next year! Well worth the splurge.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Love, love, LOVED our cake from Fluffy Thoughts. They were absolutely wonderful to work with. Beginning with the tasting we knew they were different. The other bakers whose cakes we tasted all came with pre-set flavor combinations (i.e. chocolate cake with white icing, white cake with lemon filling, etc.), but Fluffy Thoughts tastings consisted of 5 different types of cakes and what felt like infinite numbers of fillings. You could mix and match cake flavors and fillings to your heart's content to come up with just the right combination for you. We ended up with chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream, dark chocolate ganache, white icing, salted caramel, and chocolate crunchies-- sounds like something I would order at a restaurant, not a boring old wedding cake! They were also extremely creative when it came to cake design and did a wonderful job of taking our theme and colors and coming up with a design that was just perfect! And, of course, the cake was delicious! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a truly unique and delicious cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

You can't go wrong with choosing Fluffy Cakes! Everyone was a joy to work with and our cake came out perfectly. Tasted and looked fantastic. We were so pleased with the experience from start to finish!

KristinBeth
04/11/2015

I hired Fluffy Thoughts Cake for my wedding and the cupcakes/cake turned out better than what I imagined! I'm glad I was able to make a special trip during dinner over to the cake table to see first hand before my guest devoured them later on in the night. I got many compliments on the lemon cupcakes but my absolute favorite was the pistachio icing with a caramel drizzle. We often go back to Fluffy Thoughts to pick up a few cupcakes for the heck of it because they are that good! Definitely one of the best in Northern Virginia!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My guests are still talking about my wedding cake and how gorgeous and yummy it turned out. With guidance from Laura, we selected several different flavors and fillings for our cake that turned out to he a hit with our guests. We wanted a blush ombre textured design w/ cherry blossoms branching cascading down the side to reflect the colors and theme of our wedding. They perfected the design and the cake was a beautiful fixture in the room before it was completely devoured by our guests. I've never seen people wait in line to get boxes to take wedding cake home until my wedding. Thank you Laura and Fluffy Thoughts for your professionalism, attentiveness, creativity and delicious cakes.

Marguerite
03/21/2015

Fluffy Thoughts is a great place for getting a wedding cake and cupcakes! They were supportive of my idea to have both cake and cupcakes at my wedding. They delivered and set-up everything and it was absolutely beautiful - not to mention super tasty. We even went back two days after the wedding to get some more cupcakes....yum!!! If you don't get your wedding cake from Fluffy Thoughts, then you are missing out.

Recently Married

Lara designed my wedding cake and it was both beautiful and delicious. The cake looked so amazing that the guests joked that they were going to steal it before the cake cutting ceremony. The wedding cake was also tremendously yummy. I could not stop eating the leftovers the days after my wedding. I highly recommend Fluffy Thoughts.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Delicious, beautiful cakes. Friendly, attentive, professional service. We had a ton of fun at our tasting, but also managed to make a decision between all the amazing options, thanks to their helpful guidance through the process. Any question I sent over email was quickly and helpfully answered. We loved our beautiful cake. We had our own cake topper, but initially talked about having Fluffy Thoughts make one for us and they gave us some great options for that too. Delivery to the venue was smooth and seamless. Yum! Thank you!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

They were professional from start to finish! We did a cake tasting and discussed my vision and what they could do to make my dream come true. I showed them a few sketches and that is all they needed. The cake also was delicious! They are a little pricey but I highly recommend them.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I'm glad I didn't do my wedding cake anywhere else. Thank you Lara so much for making my special day a great one!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Fluffy Thoughts did a wonderful job on my wedding cake and the grooms cake at our wedding this past December. Both cakes were beautifully designed and tasted amazing. We had a hand made sugar flower atop of the wedding cake that was absolutely gorgeous. The grooms cake was also a special design they created for my husband who went to Virginia Tech. We got so many compliments through out the night on the VT cake, everyone thought it was really creative and well done!

I would highly recommend Lara and Fluffy Thoughts, they were a pleasure to work with and did a fantastic job!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Totally loved my cake from Fluffy thoughts!

Recently Married

I highly recommend that any bride use Fluffy Thoughts. They are a great value yet deliver an extremely high quality product. They were responsive to all my emails and the cake was delicious and beautiful. You would be foolish to choose any other bakery!