Fluffy Thoughts Cakes

Fluffy Thoughts Cakes

1320 Old Chain Bridge Road
Mc Lean, VA 22101 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Vegan
Value:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly recommend that any bride use Fluffy Thoughts. They are a great value yet deliver an extremely high quality product. They were responsive to all my emails and the cake was delicious and beautiful. You would be foolish to choose any other bakery!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Lara is the best!! I can't eat wheat so she made a small round gluten free red velvet cake for me and my husband to top our cupcake tier and it was awesome! We had a book theme, and Lara went above and beyond to decorate our cake with book spines (mostly LotR and Harry Potter) and most importantly. Everything was fresh and delicious! Big hit with our guests!

• Wedding: 12/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was beautiful and tasted delicious, I highly recommend Fluffy Thoughts!

• Wedding: 12/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Fluffy Thoughts provided the cake for my daughter’s wedding, and it was absolutely gorgeous, as well as incredibly delicious.

Lara was wonderful to work with. She listened very well, sketched out designs and made great, creative suggestions. We knew once we tasted the various flavors of cakes that this was THE place.

When we first saw the cake at the wedding reception, we were completely thrilled. The cake was beyond beautiful, with 4 layers decorated with the bride & groom’s initials and lace detail to match my daughter’s gown, and flowers between the layers. The attention to detail was amazing and I’ve never seen a more beautiful cake.

And it was delicious too. With layers of apple cake with salted caramel and cinnamon cream cheese and almond cake with lemon curd and raspberry, it was AMAZING. A friend of ours who grew up in a baker’s family and rarely eats a whole slice of cake, ate every bite of his cake that night and commented on how delicious it was – high praise indeed.

We also ordered a cake for the bridal shower from Fluffy Thoughts, and it was similarly beautiful and delicious. We can’t say enough great things about Fluffy Thoughts and highly recommend them!

• Wedding: 11/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Fluffy thoughts for our cake from a recommendation from our caterer. We were not disappointed. They designed a beautiful cake that tasted delicious. I would definitely recommend them.

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was absolutely blown away by the cake we received from Fluffy Thoughts. First, the cake testing process was so much fun. Lara brought out mini cakes and palettes of different icing and topping flavors and let us create our own flavor combinations. She even whipped up some Maple frosting on the spot when we asked about it, and thank goodness she did. Our guests were blown away by our cake’s incredibly taste (Yellow cake filled with Dark Ganache and Maple Italian Meringue buttercream). It was our small subtly way of paying tribute to my husband’s Canadian roots, and it was delicious. Hands down the best cake I have ever had, and more than one guest told me the same thing. What really blew me away were the cake toppers. We wrote to Fluffy Thoughts about a month before the wedding asking if we could have two little baseball hats on the cake as our toppers (part of our story as a couple). I sent them pictures of the hats we wanted the cake toppers based off of and honestly expected them to just put two little hats on the cake and call it good. When I saw the cake on the day of the wedding my jaw dropped. They had not only taken the time to recreate the writing and graphics on the hats, but had even gotten the unique shape and stitching of each hat perfectly, down to the final stitch!! Their attention to detail truly touched me. It showed that they realized how important this small detail was for us. Thank you!! I am so happy that we were referred to Fluffy Thoughts and happily recommend them to everyone for any important occasion. A+++

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
Crisy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The entire experience with this company was top notch. Yet, what matters most is that their product was above and beyond what I could have imagined. Our wedding cake was perfection and it was the tastiest cake I've ever had. I wont go anywhere else in the future for event sweets.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Fluffy Thoughts Bakery is fantastic. My husband and I went to Fluffy Thoughts for our first and only cake tasting. Lara worked with us there and the tasting itself was heaven. I don't even like cake, but this cake rocked. My husband and I didn't know what we wanted- cupcakes or a cake. Lara worked with us to figure out the answer to that question. In the end we went with cupcakes. The cupcakes were moist and delicious. We chose four different flavors and they were all popular. People raved about them! I'd totally recommend using fluffy thoughts to anyone who appreciates great tasting cake.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful and delicious cake from Fluffy Thoughts Cakes! They delivered exactly what we asked for and were very flexible as we finalized the decorations. The cake tasting also was amazing -- probably our favorite part of the whole wedding-planning process. Be sure to try the almond cake with passion-fruit puree and blackberry buttercream.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We had a wonderful experience with Fluffy Thoughts. First of all, we loved how they did the cake tasting by allowing us to choose 5 different types of cake and pretty much every icing/filling they had to go with it. They also gave us suggested combinations and let us to try our own. On the day of the wedding, the cake looked exactly how we had planned and, most importantly, was delicious. We were also able to have two different flavors for the different tiers: red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and white cake with both chocolate and mint fillings. We would definitely recommend Fluffy Thoughts to anyone for all occasions.

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We loved our Fluffy Thoughts cake! It looked exactly as we discussed at our consultation and tasted as good as we expected also! (One of our flavors was a cake version of a Twix bar - ask about it when you go in for your tasting!) And speaking of tastings, they run their tastings in a really fun and personalized way. They don't just leave you with pieces of pre-made cake like other places - they lead you through tasting different cake/frosting/filling combinations until you find the one you like the best. A delicious experience :) And along with being a reasonable value for this area, you also get a free cake on your first anniversary! Can't wait!

• Wedding: 09/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was beautiful and edible. Meaning even with all the gorgeous decorations every night was as good or better than the last. We had a vision, they made it come to life.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Yum! The cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious! It was a custom job and we got so many compliments on it!

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Lara from Fluffy Thoughts for our cake for our wedding on August 9 and it was incredible! The tasting was thorough and everything was tasty. We had been to a number of other bakeries prior and found the quality of both the cake and the frosting to be superior at Fluffy Thoughts. The cake was moist and flavorful and the frosting was light and not overly sweet.

Once the tasting was over we knew we wanted to book and we knew the flavors, but we had no clue what we wanted the outside of the cake to look like. Lara was incredibly helpful in working with us to book without knowing the final design. Once we got close the wedding, she talked with me on the phone and emailed designs back and forth until we found the perfect look.

In addition to the wonderful flavors (I highly recommend the following combinations - almond cake w/hazelnut & coffee; and yellow cake with lemon curd, lemon butter cream, and French raspberry preserves), the design was beautiful. Take a look at the pictures in my profile. We requested a simple white cake designed with white peonies, orchids, and rose sugar flowers. The technique on the sugar flowers was top notch.

Many guests came up to me saying this was the best wedding cake they've tasted!

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely loved the cake that Lara made for us at Fluffy Thoughts! We were overwhelmed by the options and decisions that had to be made and so went into the tasting with Lara with a pretty blank slate. She provided us with many many options and while all of them were delicious, she also helped us decide based on the style of the event and the season. We ended up with a few layers of an unusual passion fruit, black berry and white cake and a few layers of more traditional red velvet. She was flexible in terms of making a small cake for the table and then allowing us to do a separate sheet cake to be cut in the back which brought down the cost and was easier for the caterer to deal with. The decoration, though, was by far the best part. Lara duplicated our intricate invitation theme right onto our cake. We received a lot of compliments on our creative and beautiful cake and thankfully had enough to bring home and enjoy in peace after the celebration. Thanks again Lara, so much!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got an amazing wedding cake and cupcakes from Fluffy Thoughts. We were looking for a bakery that would do buttercream frosting on a cake that was going to be outside in the DC area in August-maybe not the best plan but definitely the most delicious to our mind. From the beginning our experience with them was awesome. We had a great cake tasting with Lara-she made great recommendations based on our preferences. They sent us a very clear quote so that we knew what everything cost. Once we had our final numbers Fluffy Thoughts made it easy to adjust our order. They were terrific about confirming everything before hand so I was not concerned about anything other than looking great at the wedding! They delivered everything at the right time, set up was quick and professional and everything looked great and tasted even better. I recommend Fluffy Thoughts to everyone for any cake need-they're terrific.

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
703-942-5538
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards