Fluffy Thoughts Cakes

Value
Flexibility
Marguerite
03/21/2015

Fluffy Thoughts is a great place for getting a wedding cake and cupcakes! They were supportive of my idea to have both cake and cupcakes at my wedding. They delivered and set-up everything and it was absolutely beautiful - not to mention super tasty. We even went back two days after the wedding to get some more cupcakes....yum!!! If you don't get your wedding cake from Fluffy Thoughts, then you are missing out.

Recently Married

Lara designed my wedding cake and it was both beautiful and delicious. The cake looked so amazing that the guests joked that they were going to steal it before the cake cutting ceremony. The wedding cake was also tremendously yummy. I could not stop eating the leftovers the days after my wedding. I highly recommend Fluffy Thoughts.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Delicious, beautiful cakes. Friendly, attentive, professional service. We had a ton of fun at our tasting, but also managed to make a decision between all the amazing options, thanks to their helpful guidance through the process. Any question I sent over email was quickly and helpfully answered. We loved our beautiful cake. We had our own cake topper, but initially talked about having Fluffy Thoughts make one for us and they gave us some great options for that too. Delivery to the venue was smooth and seamless. Yum! Thank you!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

They were professional from start to finish! We did a cake tasting and discussed my vision and what they could do to make my dream come true. I showed them a few sketches and that is all they needed. The cake also was delicious! They are a little pricey but I highly recommend them.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I'm glad I didn't do my wedding cake anywhere else. Thank you Lara so much for making my special day a great one!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Fluffy Thoughts did a wonderful job on my wedding cake and the grooms cake at our wedding this past December. Both cakes were beautifully designed and tasted amazing. We had a hand made sugar flower atop of the wedding cake that was absolutely gorgeous. The grooms cake was also a special design they created for my husband who went to Virginia Tech. We got so many compliments through out the night on the VT cake, everyone thought it was really creative and well done!

I would highly recommend Lara and Fluffy Thoughts, they were a pleasure to work with and did a fantastic job!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Totally loved my cake from Fluffy thoughts!

Recently Married

I highly recommend that any bride use Fluffy Thoughts. They are a great value yet deliver an extremely high quality product. They were responsive to all my emails and the cake was delicious and beautiful. You would be foolish to choose any other bakery!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lara is the best!! I can't eat wheat so she made a small round gluten free red velvet cake for me and my husband to top our cupcake tier and it was awesome! We had a book theme, and Lara went above and beyond to decorate our cake with book spines (mostly LotR and Harry Potter) and most importantly. Everything was fresh and delicious! Big hit with our guests!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was beautiful and tasted delicious, I highly recommend Fluffy Thoughts!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I hate to be the person that gives a perfect rating because it seems to good to be true, but we honestly have zero complaints, nor would we change anything about the experience we had with Fluffy Thoughts.

Lara Stuckey is the owner, and she is fantastic. She sits down with you and allows you to sample the cakes she bakes as well as the fillings she offers. We were cake-tasting amateurs so she walked us through the process and recommended flavor combinations that she thought worked well. We actually ended up selecting one flavor we put together with a cookies and cream filling and red velvet cake and also went with the candy bar crunch flavor combination that she recommended. She did a 3 layer cake and made the base layer with one combination and the top two with the other. Both tasted amazing at our wedding.

As far as design goes, she worked with us to create a cake that matched our colors and gradated from blue to white. Everyone commented on how cool it looked when they walked in and saw it on display. We thought we had a great vision for the way we wanted it to look and Lara came through with the execution to match.

Lara typically responded to our emails in the evening which made me realize she was hard at work during the day and quite busy, which is really what you want. A baker who prefers to be on the computer more than working with cakes, probably is like that for a reason.

Her prices are fair and reasonable. She isn't cheap, but if you want to pay for a cheap product, you'll get cheap execution. We wanted a great-tasting, memorable wedding cake and we got exactly that. Oh, and it was delivered exactly on time.

If you go with Lara and Fluffy Thoughts, you will be glad you did.

11/08/2014

Fluffy Thoughts provided the cake for my daughter’s wedding, and it was absolutely gorgeous, as well as incredibly delicious.

Lara was wonderful to work with. She listened very well, sketched out designs and made great, creative suggestions. We knew once we tasted the various flavors of cakes that this was THE place.

When we first saw the cake at the wedding reception, we were completely thrilled. The cake was beyond beautiful, with 4 layers decorated with the bride & groom’s initials and lace detail to match my daughter’s gown, and flowers between the layers. The attention to detail was amazing and I’ve never seen a more beautiful cake.

And it was delicious too. With layers of apple cake with salted caramel and cinnamon cream cheese and almond cake with lemon curd and raspberry, it was AMAZING. A friend of ours who grew up in a baker’s family and rarely eats a whole slice of cake, ate every bite of his cake that night and commented on how delicious it was – high praise indeed.

We also ordered a cake for the bridal shower from Fluffy Thoughts, and it was similarly beautiful and delicious. We can’t say enough great things about Fluffy Thoughts and highly recommend them!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We used Fluffy thoughts for our cake from a recommendation from our caterer. We were not disappointed. They designed a beautiful cake that tasted delicious. I would definitely recommend them.

Crisy
10/11/2014

I was absolutely blown away by the cake we received from Fluffy Thoughts. First, the cake testing process was so much fun. Lara brought out mini cakes and palettes of different icing and topping flavors and let us create our own flavor combinations. She even whipped up some Maple frosting on the spot when we asked about it, and thank goodness she did. Our guests were blown away by our cake’s incredibly taste (Yellow cake filled with Dark Ganache and Maple Italian Meringue buttercream). It was our small subtly way of paying tribute to my husband’s Canadian roots, and it was delicious. Hands down the best cake I have ever had, and more than one guest told me the same thing. What really blew me away were the cake toppers. We wrote to Fluffy Thoughts about a month before the wedding asking if we could have two little baseball hats on the cake as our toppers (part of our story as a couple). I sent them pictures of the hats we wanted the cake toppers based off of and honestly expected them to just put two little hats on the cake and call it good. When I saw the cake on the day of the wedding my jaw dropped. They had not only taken the time to recreate the writing and graphics on the hats, but had even gotten the unique shape and stitching of each hat perfectly, down to the final stitch!! Their attention to detail truly touched me. It showed that they realized how important this small detail was for us. Thank you!! I am so happy that we were referred to Fluffy Thoughts and happily recommend them to everyone for any important occasion. A+++

Recently Married

The entire experience with this company was top notch. Yet, what matters most is that their product was above and beyond what I could have imagined. Our wedding cake was perfection and it was the tastiest cake I've ever had. I wont go anywhere else in the future for event sweets.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

So nice, prompt with responsiveness, and most importantly delicious and beautiful!!! I'm sure there is not much I can say that has not already been said. We loved them and are looking forward to our complimentary anniversary cake. Thank you so much Fluffy Thoughts!!!