Fluffy Thoughts Cakes

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Our cake was perfect! They worked with me to get exactly what I want (my entire cake covered with rainbow sprinkles!) and it turned out exactly as I envisioned. Guests are still talking about the cake! We are also excited to go back on our 1 year anniversary as they give you a free, fresh cake so you don't have to worry about freezing your top layer for a year.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I ordered a vegan wedding cake from Fluffy Thoughts and was not disappointed. It was a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting on the outside. On the inside one tier had chocolate frosting added and the other tiers had lemon frosting added. It was delicious! I loved that the owner was willing to work with me to create whatever I wanted. I went simpler because that's more my style but she has the ability and talent to create some amazing cakes from what I saw in pictures and throughout the store. I will definitely be going back and I can't wait to order the complimentary one year anniversary cake they offer after you've purchased a wedding cake through them. What a fun perk!

Private User
Recently Married

This was hands down the best cake I had ever tasted! Lara and her team were wonderful to work with and provided a beautiful tiered wedding cake for us with two different flavors. She was flexible in working with us to fit out needs and our guests loved the cake. My only regret is that I didn't get to eat more of it during the actual reception!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We had two cakes made, bride and groom's cakes. The delivery was perfectly on time, and very affordable. Lara guided us during the cake tasting and provided great suggestions. The cakes were beautiful and so yummy!!!

Jaclynn
05/24/2015

Cake was beautiful and tasted great! Exactly like the tasting.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We ordered our wedding cake from Fluffy Thoughts, after researching local bakeries (and realizing that we were planning a bit late)! Fortunately, Fluffy Thoughts was able to work in our order (Sunday reception), help us plan the perfect cake.

Granted, we didn't realize the going price for wedding cakes; however, we tasted a couple of other vendors' offerings, and thought that Fluffy Cakes' samples were tastier -- and they have cake design down to a fine art.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for any event -- look at their website and go in for a personal tasting before you make a decision. They're terrific!

ALR
05/08/2015

We chose a tower of cupcakes with a small wedding cake on top. We also ordered cake pops as wedding favors. We had 4 different flavors of cupcakes. The cupcakes were great! Even though we ordered many more than we thought we would need, there were very few cupcakes left at the end of the wedding. The cake pops were a huge hit, and absolutely delicious. Many of our wedding guests had never had a cake pop, so they were blown away with the great taste.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

This cake was so delicious. We are STILL eating it. Our guests raved about the lovely design and taste. It is truly edible art. The tasting process was also very comfortable and fun. I didn't know much about cakes before and received a real education. It is expensive but it's so delicious that it's worth it. Can't wait for the free anniversary cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I had so many guests come up to me a the wedding and say how delicious our cake was! Fluffy Thoughts was so easy to work with. We had our initial tasting and chose our flavors and design. After that and letting them know the location and time for delivery I never had to worry about anything.

Our cake showed up the day of and was more than I could have imagined, delicious and beautiful!

Jennifer
04/25/2015

Our wedding cake was not only beautiful but also tasted great! 5 tier almond cake with coconut filing and lemon/raspberry filing. The cake was moist and the coconut had real flakes in it!

Delish!

Private User
Recently Married

Lara and Fluffy Thoughts did a phenomenal Job with our unusual design -- and were a pleasure to work with. Everyone loved it. We're already looking forward to the anniversary cake they'll send us next year! Well worth the splurge.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Love, love, LOVED our cake from Fluffy Thoughts. They were absolutely wonderful to work with. Beginning with the tasting we knew they were different. The other bakers whose cakes we tasted all came with pre-set flavor combinations (i.e. chocolate cake with white icing, white cake with lemon filling, etc.), but Fluffy Thoughts tastings consisted of 5 different types of cakes and what felt like infinite numbers of fillings. You could mix and match cake flavors and fillings to your heart's content to come up with just the right combination for you. We ended up with chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream, dark chocolate ganache, white icing, salted caramel, and chocolate crunchies-- sounds like something I would order at a restaurant, not a boring old wedding cake! They were also extremely creative when it came to cake design and did a wonderful job of taking our theme and colors and coming up with a design that was just perfect! And, of course, the cake was delicious! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a truly unique and delicious cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

You can't go wrong with choosing Fluffy Cakes! Everyone was a joy to work with and our cake came out perfectly. Tasted and looked fantastic. We were so pleased with the experience from start to finish!

KristinBeth
04/11/2015

I hired Fluffy Thoughts Cake for my wedding and the cupcakes/cake turned out better than what I imagined! I'm glad I was able to make a special trip during dinner over to the cake table to see first hand before my guest devoured them later on in the night. I got many compliments on the lemon cupcakes but my absolute favorite was the pistachio icing with a caramel drizzle. We often go back to Fluffy Thoughts to pick up a few cupcakes for the heck of it because they are that good! Definitely one of the best in Northern Virginia!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My guests are still talking about my wedding cake and how gorgeous and yummy it turned out. With guidance from Laura, we selected several different flavors and fillings for our cake that turned out to he a hit with our guests. We wanted a blush ombre textured design w/ cherry blossoms branching cascading down the side to reflect the colors and theme of our wedding. They perfected the design and the cake was a beautiful fixture in the room before it was completely devoured by our guests. I've never seen people wait in line to get boxes to take wedding cake home until my wedding. Thank you Laura and Fluffy Thoughts for your professionalism, attentiveness, creativity and delicious cakes.

Marguerite
03/21/2015

Fluffy Thoughts is a great place for getting a wedding cake and cupcakes! They were supportive of my idea to have both cake and cupcakes at my wedding. They delivered and set-up everything and it was absolutely beautiful - not to mention super tasty. We even went back two days after the wedding to get some more cupcakes....yum!!! If you don't get your wedding cake from Fluffy Thoughts, then you are missing out.