Fluffy Thoughts Cakes

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I'm glad I didn't do my wedding cake anywhere else. Thank you Lara so much for making my special day a great one!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Fluffy Thoughts did a wonderful job on my wedding cake and the grooms cake at our wedding this past December. Both cakes were beautifully designed and tasted amazing. We had a hand made sugar flower atop of the wedding cake that was absolutely gorgeous. The grooms cake was also a special design they created for my husband who went to Virginia Tech. We got so many compliments through out the night on the VT cake, everyone thought it was really creative and well done!

I would highly recommend Lara and Fluffy Thoughts, they were a pleasure to work with and did a fantastic job!

Recently Married

I highly recommend that any bride use Fluffy Thoughts. They are a great value yet deliver an extremely high quality product. They were responsive to all my emails and the cake was delicious and beautiful. You would be foolish to choose any other bakery!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Lara is the best!! I can't eat wheat so she made a small round gluten free red velvet cake for me and my husband to top our cupcake tier and it was awesome! We had a book theme, and Lara went above and beyond to decorate our cake with book spines (mostly LotR and Harry Potter) and most importantly. Everything was fresh and delicious! Big hit with our guests!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was beautiful and tasted delicious, I highly recommend Fluffy Thoughts!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I hate to be the person that gives a perfect rating because it seems to good to be true, but we honestly have zero complaints, nor would we change anything about the experience we had with Fluffy Thoughts.

Lara Stuckey is the owner, and she is fantastic. She sits down with you and allows you to sample the cakes she bakes as well as the fillings she offers. We were cake-tasting amateurs so she walked us through the process and recommended flavor combinations that she thought worked well. We actually ended up selecting one flavor we put together with a cookies and cream filling and red velvet cake and also went with the candy bar crunch flavor combination that she recommended. She did a 3 layer cake and made the base layer with one combination and the top two with the other. Both tasted amazing at our wedding.

As far as design goes, she worked with us to create a cake that matched our colors and gradated from blue to white. Everyone commented on how cool it looked when they walked in and saw it on display. We thought we had a great vision for the way we wanted it to look and Lara came through with the execution to match.

Lara typically responded to our emails in the evening which made me realize she was hard at work during the day and quite busy, which is really what you want. A baker who prefers to be on the computer more than working with cakes, probably is like that for a reason.

Her prices are fair and reasonable. She isn't cheap, but if you want to pay for a cheap product, you'll get cheap execution. We wanted a great-tasting, memorable wedding cake and we got exactly that. Oh, and it was delivered exactly on time.

If you go with Lara and Fluffy Thoughts, you will be glad you did.

11/08/2014

Fluffy Thoughts provided the cake for my daughter’s wedding, and it was absolutely gorgeous, as well as incredibly delicious.

Lara was wonderful to work with. She listened very well, sketched out designs and made great, creative suggestions. We knew once we tasted the various flavors of cakes that this was THE place.

When we first saw the cake at the wedding reception, we were completely thrilled. The cake was beyond beautiful, with 4 layers decorated with the bride & groom’s initials and lace detail to match my daughter’s gown, and flowers between the layers. The attention to detail was amazing and I’ve never seen a more beautiful cake.

And it was delicious too. With layers of apple cake with salted caramel and cinnamon cream cheese and almond cake with lemon curd and raspberry, it was AMAZING. A friend of ours who grew up in a baker’s family and rarely eats a whole slice of cake, ate every bite of his cake that night and commented on how delicious it was – high praise indeed.

We also ordered a cake for the bridal shower from Fluffy Thoughts, and it was similarly beautiful and delicious. We can’t say enough great things about Fluffy Thoughts and highly recommend them!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We used Fluffy thoughts for our cake from a recommendation from our caterer. We were not disappointed. They designed a beautiful cake that tasted delicious. I would definitely recommend them.

Crisy
10/11/2014

I was absolutely blown away by the cake we received from Fluffy Thoughts. First, the cake testing process was so much fun. Lara brought out mini cakes and palettes of different icing and topping flavors and let us create our own flavor combinations. She even whipped up some Maple frosting on the spot when we asked about it, and thank goodness she did. Our guests were blown away by our cake’s incredibly taste (Yellow cake filled with Dark Ganache and Maple Italian Meringue buttercream). It was our small subtly way of paying tribute to my husband’s Canadian roots, and it was delicious. Hands down the best cake I have ever had, and more than one guest told me the same thing. What really blew me away were the cake toppers. We wrote to Fluffy Thoughts about a month before the wedding asking if we could have two little baseball hats on the cake as our toppers (part of our story as a couple). I sent them pictures of the hats we wanted the cake toppers based off of and honestly expected them to just put two little hats on the cake and call it good. When I saw the cake on the day of the wedding my jaw dropped. They had not only taken the time to recreate the writing and graphics on the hats, but had even gotten the unique shape and stitching of each hat perfectly, down to the final stitch!! Their attention to detail truly touched me. It showed that they realized how important this small detail was for us. Thank you!! I am so happy that we were referred to Fluffy Thoughts and happily recommend them to everyone for any important occasion. A+++

Recently Married

The entire experience with this company was top notch. Yet, what matters most is that their product was above and beyond what I could have imagined. Our wedding cake was perfection and it was the tastiest cake I've ever had. I wont go anywhere else in the future for event sweets.

Recently Married

Fluffy Thoughts Bakery is fantastic. My husband and I went to Fluffy Thoughts for our first and only cake tasting. Lara worked with us there and the tasting itself was heaven. I don't even like cake, but this cake rocked. My husband and I didn't know what we wanted- cupcakes or a cake. Lara worked with us to figure out the answer to that question. In the end we went with cupcakes. The cupcakes were moist and delicious. We chose four different flavors and they were all popular. People raved about them! I'd totally recommend using fluffy thoughts to anyone who appreciates great tasting cake.

Recently Married

Beautiful and delicious cake from Fluffy Thoughts Cakes! They delivered exactly what we asked for and were very flexible as we finalized the decorations. The cake tasting also was amazing -- probably our favorite part of the whole wedding-planning process. Be sure to try the almond cake with passion-fruit puree and blackberry buttercream.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We had a wonderful experience with Fluffy Thoughts. First of all, we loved how they did the cake tasting by allowing us to choose 5 different types of cake and pretty much every icing/filling they had to go with it. They also gave us suggested combinations and let us to try our own. On the day of the wedding, the cake looked exactly how we had planned and, most importantly, was delicious. We were also able to have two different flavors for the different tiers: red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and white cake with both chocolate and mint fillings. We would definitely recommend Fluffy Thoughts to anyone for all occasions.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We loved our Fluffy Thoughts cake! It looked exactly as we discussed at our consultation and tasted as good as we expected also! (One of our flavors was a cake version of a Twix bar - ask about it when you go in for your tasting!) And speaking of tastings, they run their tastings in a really fun and personalized way. They don't just leave you with pieces of pre-made cake like other places - they lead you through tasting different cake/frosting/filling combinations until you find the one you like the best. A delicious experience :) And along with being a reasonable value for this area, you also get a free cake on your first anniversary! Can't wait!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was beautiful and edible. Meaning even with all the gorgeous decorations every night was as good or better than the last. We had a vision, they made it come to life.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Yum! The cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious! It was a custom job and we got so many compliments on it!