Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry

Flexibility:
 (4.9/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 3 Reviews
I'm not ready for this relationship to be over!!!
Elaine is the best of the best! She is professional in every sense of the word and a very talented makeup artist. She is quick to respond to all correspondence, very clear about pricing and timing. AND she's hilarious!
I switched my hair style a bit the morning the of the wedding and she was able to do it perfectly. I felt like the most beautiful bride. My bridesmaids, mother, and mother-in-law were all extremely pleased with their hair and make-up and were amazed how she fit us all in. I can't say enough about how wonderful Elaine is to work with. She is a rare find...book her, you won't be dissappointed!
Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
awwwww! It was my pleasure to become both your hair and makeup artist for your big day as well as your friend!!!!!! Thank you for the awesome words, I really really appreciate it and YOU!!!!
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Value:  1.0

Private User 1 Reviews
Elaine is professional, personable, and flexible. That said, I did not feel that the makeup/hair quality matched the price. I wish I had gone with someone else or just done my own makeup/hair.
Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
OH MY GOODNESS... I am floored by this review. I am literally racking my brain to think of which of my brides this could be!!!!! It's my personal mission to make sure before I leave I hear my bride say "I love it!!!!!!!!" and I honestly can not think of anyone who hasn't relayed their happiness with my work.... please please please let me know which one of my brides this is and we can discuss a refund!!!! I am really floored by this and hope we can settle this soon!!!!!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elaine was perfect. She was very responsive over email (which was comforting for me since I was planning a wedding in NC while I was living in CA), she arrived on time on the day of, she was very friendly and pretty darn funny, and she estimated the time it would take to finish everyone's hair and makeup PERFECTLY. We were out the door right on time, which was very important to me. Oh, and did I mention the fact that we all looked AMAZING? We had a classy yet earthy feel going on, which included a herb garland I wanted in my hair, and she incorporated it PERFECTLY. I was able to enjoy my special day to the fullest because I knew I looked exactly how I pictured and I looked AMAZING. That's a good feeling to have.
Wedding: 05/25/2014

Danielle 4 Reviews
I had the pleasure of having Elaine do my hair and make-up for my wedding along with my wedding party. Elaine is like having another girlfriend helping you get ready except she does an exceptional job with make-up AND hair and she kept us on-time. Actually, I think I was ready EARLY for the first time in my life. Wedding hair and make-up is expensive but Elaine is really the best value you are going to get in Raleigh, she comes with so much experience and she is so easy to work with. I recommend the trial, I did it with my bridal portraits...my portrait looks amazing and it had to be the make-up. I didn't really like my engagement pics and I think it's simply because I didn't have enough or the right make-up on. It really makes a difference! Elaine is such a gem to have in Raleigh, any pictures I take going forward she will be doing my make-up. Thank you, Elaine for making "getting ready for the wedding" such an easy and relaxing experience!
Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
Hi Danielle!!!!! Thanks so much for the amazing review! It was a pleasure being part of your big day!!!!!! :)
Wedding: 04/18/2014

Private User 2 Reviews
Elaine is the most amazing makeup and hair artist. She listens to your vision, but also comes with creative ideas to make you feel and look your best on your big day. Elaine's professionalism and bright spirit is a breath of fresh air compared to the natural chaos that ensues on your wedding day. She helps to keep your day fun and enjoyable. She not only had the ability to transform myself into a glowing beauty, but also my entire wedding party. After getting my pictures back, I'm in awe at how she was able to create a look I'd always dreamed of- oh and that lasted the entire day and night - even outside!

• Flexibility:  5.0
I was the mother of the groom and Elaine made this special day even more perfect for me!!! Because of her I felt wonderful the entire day! She did my hair and makeup flawlessly! Despite me throwing a last minute change on her for hairstyle. She listened to my feedback and was so calming, courteous and professional. When I requested a trial, she was quick to respond and scheduled it in a timely manner. She also referred me to other beauty professionals (tan & spa) who were amazing and gave me discounts because she was my referral! The value she provided to me for the day was the confidence that this middle-age woman could still feel beautiful. Priceless!
Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
Awwwww. Thank you so much Denise it was such a pleasure for me to work with you and Melissa! Im so happy the day went well!
Wedding: 12/07/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elaine was great to work with. She was friendly, professional, and very organized. I did a trial hair/makeup run with her about a month before the wedding and loved both the way it turned out and that she took such great notes and pictures to make sure she could do it all again on the wedding day.

She was also incredibly flexible. I ended up having to add a lot more hair services after I signed the initial contract, but she didn't miss a beat and brought in extra help to get everything done. I also wanted to get makeup done for my handicapped grandmother before the wedding; Elaine was more than happy meet my grandmother while she was still in the car, so she wouldn't have to get out of the car twice. (And my grandmother looked beautiful!)

Overall, I am glad I hired Elaine - she worked quickly, was very calm on the day of the wedding, and did a great job.
Wedding: 10/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elaine Harrison was great! I had a hair and makeup trial a few months before my wedding. I was very pleased with the result so I booked her without considering anyone else. None of my bridesmaids had been planning on getting their hair or makeup done, but when I showed them the pictures of my trial run they all changed their minds. Elaine brought another woman with her and between the two of them, they were able to do my hair and makeup, 5 bridesmaids hair and makeup, and 2 junior bridesmaids hair. She was very quick and efficient about it. Everyone was very pleased with their looks. We had plenty of time to spare as well. I highly recommend Elaine to any bride that doesn't want to have another thing to worry about on her wedding day. Thank you Elaine!
Hi Grier,

Thank you so much for the review. It was great to be a part of your big day and I'm so happy everything went well!
Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elaine and her assistant Lillian did the hair and makeup for 7 of us: myself, my mom, my (now) mother-in-law, my MOH & 3 bridesmaids, and then just the makeup of my grandmother. I live out of the state so didn't have the chance to do a trial run, but was super happy with the final results. They showed up on time, were fast and efficient, and everyone ended up beautiful and happy (with leftover time to spare, phew!). Elaine did all of the makeup (and my hair), and Lillian did a gorgeous job with the hair. I had a few ideas of how I wanted my hair done, and Elaine looked at those on the spot and helped figure out what would work with my hair type. Everyone's makeup was beautiful, and although I wasn't originally a fan of fake eyelashes, I felt that she did an awesome job with them and helped make them look natural. Elaine was one of the more reasonably priced makeup artists I found as well. Would highly recommend!
Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elaine is such a pro! We had a trial set up for a certain day, but the day before, she called me and said that she had seriously injured her hand. She was willing to fight through the pain to hold the trial, but that would have been awful! Rescheduling was easy, so we went with that option instead. When I arrived for my trial, I brought photos of the look I was going for, but she barely even needed them. She knew exactly what I wanted on makeup, and merged the hairstyles that I liked to create a super loose chignon that was exactly what I had in mind. On the day of, my bridesmaids and I were running about 15 minutes late due to slow restaurant service. Elaine called for backup and an assistant showed up about an hour later- as a result, everything was done on time! She was extremely nice throughout the whole process (despite our lateness!), and I enjoyed chatting with her while she worked. My girls and I all felt beautiful, and our confidence showed up in the photos! Her services were worth every penny, and if I could give her more stars, I would!
Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I just got married March 30, 2013 and Elaine did my hair & make up, plus my 2 bridesmaids for my wedding...she is AMAZING! I've never felt more beautiful, my hair and make up was FLAWLESS. Not only is Elaine a true artist at her craft, she has the best attitude and professionalism. For example, the country club I got married at was having a huge Easter function the day of my wedding (which they failed to tell me about) so they had to move us around while we were trying to get ready and I know that was a big inconvenience for Elaine and everybody but she was so kind and understanding about it. She made me feel more relaxed b/c I was freaking out at first! She doesn't rush you and she gets her job done efficiently. Plus, I was a bride on a budget and she doesn't overprice you, even though her work is over the top amazing. I HIGHLY recommend her!!!
Wedding: 03/30/2013

Anonymous 1 Reviews
I loved loved my make up and hair. Elaine is very good at what she does, very flexible and very nice person to work with. Everyone loved my make up and I looked beautiful :) Thank you Elaine!!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I hired Elaine to do hair and makeup for myself and my wedding party (two moms, MOH and JBM) and we were all very happy with the results. One of the things I liked best about working with Elaine was that she really listened to each of us when we described what we wanted. If something wasn’t quite right, she was able to adjust it so that it was perfect. Since there were five of us, Elaine came to my parents’ house to get us all ready. She was very respectful of being in someone’s home with all her equipment and took steps to protect the furniture, etc.

Elaine worked pretty swiftly, but never seemed to be rushed or made us feel rushed. I did do both a hair and make up trial with her about two months prior to the wedding and recommend you do as well. This helped Elaine know exactly what to do on the day of the wedding and made it easy on my since I didn’t have to make any decisions that day. Our whole wedding party looked gorgeous – not overly done but glamorous versions of ourselves.
Wedding: 04/22/2012
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
It's taken me a couple of months to calm down enough to be able to write a fair review. Elaine was really fun and easy to get along with and I liked her personality instantly. I went to her studio for a trial run and I hated the make up but loved the hair. However, I had already given her a check and booked her, so I emailed her saying I would like her to do the wedding party's hair and make up, but not mine and figured I'd just eat the cost of mine (as she did not offer to refund that money). She did, however, offer to do another trial run, and this one went much better, so I agreed to have her do my hair and make up on the wedding day.
The actual wedding was a disaster, in a large part because of Elaine. I showed up late (trying to rope 8 women together to go to another location for hair and make up wasn't as easy as I thought it would be), so I am partly to blame, for sure. She brought along another hair/make up person to help, Dorothy. Dorothy was rude and snapped at me a couple of times, although I'm still not entirely sure why (I think she was still mad that we were late, although we were only 30-45 minutes late and they still had 5 hours do our hair and make up which should have been enough time) and then got angry and left mid-way through-just left. So Elaine was left to do everybody else, and at that time, she kept a great attitude. Well, 30 minutes before the wedding and she still had not done me or the maid of honor, so she rushed through me (and the make up was not her best work, to stay the least), and I missed most of the pre-wedding pictures I had planned on doing. Then, as she was doing my MOH, the rest of us were getting in the limo to go to the church (it's now 6:02 and the wedding was supposed to start at 6pm, still no MOH with hair and make up). We get in the car and wait....and wait.....so I send a bridesmaid up to get the MOH, Elaine screamed at her, I now have a crying bridesmaid with makeup running down her face, and I'm late to my own wedding with no MOH. My mother goes up to the room and Elaine locked the door and yelled at my mother. My 65 year old mother. Now my mother comes back furious! My MOH finally comes down, and my mom is yelling at her, we're all very late to the wedding, I get yelled at by the wedding planner at the church because we were all supposed to be at the church 45 minutes prior to the wedding.
I came back from the wedding and honeymoon and honestly expected to get an apology email from Elaine. Her behavior towards my mother and bridesmaid was not okay. Her friend that came to help was completely rude to everyone the entire day. Unfortunately, I did not receive any form of an apology or a refund for the fact that as the bride (the most expensive one) she spent probably 20 minutes on me. I paid way too much money to get an attitude from these two ladies. I paid for NINE people to get hair and make up done and 1 of those (my mother) didn't even end up getting her hair done because as a recent breast cancer survivor, she ended up wearing a wig since her hair didn't grow back as quickly as we thought it would. The last thing a bride needs on her wedding day is a stylist with an attitude and a crying wedding party right before they all walk down the aisle.
Elaine Harrison Makeup Artistry responded with the following comments:
WOW AMY! I am truly SHOCKED at this review. I wish you would have contacted me with these ill feelings because I truly had NO idea. I do however feel the need to defend myself. Your wedding was in Wilmington NC and I paid for hotel rooms out of my own pocket for Dorothy and I so I'd have plenty of time to make it to our location. You and your girls were an HOUR and a HALF late. This put us at a severe lack of time. When I asked you if you liked your makeup you said you loved it, I wish you would have said otherwise and I would have absolutely fixed it!!!! As far as yelling at anyone that absolutely didn't happen. Your mother and sister were the ones arguing and I simply stayed out of it. THE FACT THAT YOU STATED THAT I RUINED YOUR WEDDING IS DEVASTATING TO ME. I was bending over backwards for you for your wedding demonstrated by a FREE retrial to make things right for you. I really am both angry and hurt by this.
Wedding: 04/21/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elaine was sooooo much fun to work with. So friendly and laid back. She was an absolute professional and made my girls look gorgeous. She is equally skilled with hair and makeup. One of my bridesmaids has literally hair that is thick and 5 feet long, a daunting task! But Elaine didn't even blink an eye and came up with a beautiful hairstyle. Another concern was how to get my heavy, floor length veil to stay in my super straight and not very thick hair. Elaine was able to do it on the first try. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!!!
Wedding: 03/10/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Elaine was amazing! My daughter did not have a trial due to the fact we lived in another state, so she was a bit nervous of how her makeup would look. However, my daughter was totally pleased with her bridal makeup. She looked radiant and ever though it was hot and humid outside, her makeup lasted all night.
Elaine also did my make up, the make up of my two other daughters and the hair of the junior bridesmaid. She worked fast, efficient, and we all looked beautiful.
Needless to say, I was a bit stressed on the wedding day. I had told everyone to arrive at the wrong time, but Elaine handled it like a charm. Even when the bride decided to change the look of her eyes, she made the change with a smile, and never lost her cool.
All in all ,Elaine was professional, friendly and accomendating from the very first contact, and we were so pleased with her work.
Wedding: 08/06/2011
 919-624-0437
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire