EFD Creative - Event Planning & Design

EFD Creative - Event Planning & Design

Wedding Planning with Style - The Wedding Brander™

Serving all of New England
MA
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Words cannot express my gratitude to the EFD team for making my wedding day a complete success! I worked with Kasie throughout the planning process and could not be more pleased.

Hiring an EFD planner is by far the best wedding investment a couple can make! Kasie held my hand every step of the way. She kept me organized and on schedule. She was always willing and available to help - literally gets back to every email promptly, even when I sent her multiple per day. When choices got tough, Kasie helped me see the pros and cons to come to a decision. When vendors were difficult, Kasie was on top of it so I never had to deal with a thing. She made wedding planning fun instead of stressful.

Kasie is so sweet to work with; she got along with our guests and vendors. Everyone raved about her! Above all, I LOVED working with her. My meetings and frequent check-ins with Kasie were the best part of the planning process. I will truly miss it! Kasie made me lists for packing, a payment reminder list, and weekly to-do lists leading up to the wedding. I wanted to have everything done a week in advance so I could enjoy my wedding week. Kasie kept me on task and on time, I couldn't have done it without her!

I was naturally nervous on the big day, but Kasie arrived and made me feel completely at ease. She had a detailed timeline of the entire day so everyone knew where we needed to be. We had our set timeline, but Kasie was on top of unexpected occurrences too - like the rain. It started pouring on my way to the ceremony, so Kasie brought me big beautiful umbrellas to take pictures outside afterward. She even ran back and forth out in the pouring rain to get any items we needed from other areas of the venue - she truly goes above and beyond!!

I will always look back to my wedding day and remember Kasie. She was more than a planner, but a friend who was by my side through it all. Thank you Kasie and EFD for making my wedding dreams come true!!

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Edna of EFD Creative is truly one of the greatest people you’ll ever meet! From the moment I first spoke with her on the phone, I thought that we would possibly use her services for day-of coordination. However, after my husband and I met her in person – we immediately knew that we wanted her expertise and eye for design all the way through! She was able to help shape our initial thoughts into a spectacular wedding that we and our guests couldn't believe. From vendor suggestion and selection (and working her magic to save us money where she could) to finding just the right item to be displayed on the gift table to having her team (and terrific husband) with her on the final day so that nothing was even an inch out of place– she lent her discerning and tasteful eye for design to the planning process – and we couldn't have been more thrilled. Being a gay couple, we wanted our overall wedding look and feel to be more masculine than a typical wedding - and she was able to deliver on that premise and more! Our friends, family and guests are still commenting about the day several months later. I think the best thing about working with Edna, was that we gained a friend!

• Wedding: 10/17/2014
Services Used: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

EFD Creative is the BEST of the BEST!

I didn’t think a wedding planner was something we needed to invest in. I viewed the idea as a “luxury” but over time that changed. We didn't realize it at the time, but calling Edna from EFD Creative was the single most important decision we made in planning our wedding. She immediately set us up with the best vendors in the business – the planning started to take shape immediately.

Edna’s ability to really connect with us both individually and as a couple was nothing short of amazing. Edna assured me that it would all come together and taught us to trust the creative process. Edna is a master at her craft and her eye for design and for perfecting every last detail is phenomenal. She had the ability to extract our vision and guide us in making sure everything we wanted was flawlessly expressed ~ from our save the dates - all the way down to our wedding favors. Edna branded our wedding perfectly!

Kasie from EFD Creative was our Wedding Day Manager and she is outstanding! Our venue offered a ‘day of coordinator,’ but we quickly began to realize that the venue’s focus is not on the couple, but rather on ensuring the venue is following their protocols. Kasie started working with us long before our wedding day, making sure that every detail was perfected. She kept track of the logistics and worked with all of our vendors to make sure that everything was coordinated. She created an extensive timeline that organized every minute of the day and was the primary contact for all of our vendors and made sure she was available to everyone on the day.

We felt completely covered from the beginning of our engagement all the way to our wedding day. I didn’t worry about anything because I knew that Edna and Kasie always had everything under control. My husband and I were fully present on the most important day of our lives.

Thank you Edna and Kasie for giving us the gift of a lifetime. You are amazing and we love you so much! J&C

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Three months before my wedding day I was in a panic! As organized as I am I realized I needed additional support. That is when I reached out to EFD Creative to see if there was any way they could help in a time crunch. In short, they absolutely exceeded my expectations.

Edna was my own personal designer extrodinare! Edna knew right away which vendors would match my vision. Because I had waited until my fifties to marry, it was really important to me that every detail had meaning. She worked with the invitation company to create a personalized wedding logo which carried throughout the entire event. Edna also collaborated with the local florist to bring in elements that the florist had never done before. I felt like the whole look of my wedding matched exactly the vision in my mind and I was thrilled.

While Edna focused on the design element Kasie took care of all the logistical details. Kasie was amazing, a logisical goddess! She went above and beyond to make sure all of the details came together. She worked with my entire family, bridal party & all of my vendors to make sure the whole weekend came together without any mishaps. She was the perfect liaison between me and all of my vendors not only at the wedding but every day leading up to the weekend. Any questions I had leading up to the wedding day Kasie was already on top of everything one thousand percent!

Edna & Kasie were a dream come true. I can't image my wedding day without their help! I fell in love with them during the process! They have become a wonderful part of my wedding day memory!

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Kasie and she is unbelievable. Originally a wedding planner was not in the budget but hiring Kasie was the best decision I made. Our wedding was out of state in my fiance's home town and there really is no way everything would have gone as smoothly as it did without her help. She went well over and beyond what I expected from a planner. She was always quick to respond by text, phone, or email. She is direct without being bossy or overbearing. All of my vendors told me how great she was and how they appreciated her organization and demeanor. My fiance, family, and wedding party all loved her.

I could go one forever about how great she is. I assure you that you won't go wrong with hiring Kasie. She was a complete blessing to our wedding planning experience.

• Wedding: 08/16/2014
Brandi
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Working with EFD Creative was a fantastic experience. I felt so overwhelmed by everything I had to get done, and I wanted a wedding to remember! Edna and her partner Kasie are clearly experts and guided me every step of the way. Edna is not only a real artist, she’s someone who knows how to make things happen. She took all my vague words around what we wanted – the look, the feel, some random ideas in my head – and somehow turned that into exactly what I had envisioned, but so much more! She really listened and cared about what I was thinking, what I hoped to express on my big day. This may sound cliché, but I truly felt as if she was an artist and my wedding was her palette. But more than that – she knew how to execute on these ideas. She worked every angle, changed things when they didn’t fit just right, or if I didn’t like something. She seemed to be moving and shaking things in the background, and was always looking to improve upon every detail. Over the course of the months, I saw my wedding emerge from just ideas into what I think was a masterpiece. When my husband and I walked into the reception room, we were stunned. Actually, it took my breath away. The end result was perfect - the look, the mood, the tone. It was just right, not overly done. And Kasie - she can organize like nobody’s business! She kept me on track and I always felt comfortable around her. She has a sunny and calm personality. She’s optimistic and seemed to take every little challenge we threw at her like it was no problem at all. I can’t say enough about how she handled everything leading up to and on my wedding day – the personalities, my anxieties, people not showing up for dress rehearsal, last minute changes due to weather, etc. She took it all in stride and managed to work things out. I can’t say enough about her, and how much of a relief she was to me and my family. I feel like I had my own wedding dream team! I would highly recommend EFD Creative to anyone, Thank you!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kasie was a dream come true. She wasn't pushy at all but made sure we were on track. She made an extremely stressful day/days to come stress free and happy. She would do night calls, send us schedules, etc and worked around our hectic schedule. I can't say enough about her!! She made our wedding !!! Without her I don't know what I would have done. If you are getting married call Kasie asap trust me!

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

OMG Edna and her team are incredible! I can't even begin to say how thankful we are that we were able to work with them in planning our daughter's wedding. Every step of the way was made easier, more fun and less stressful by Edna and Kasie. Their vendor recommendations actually saved us money in the long run and off set the expense of having an event planner.
Working with Kasie as the "day of" coordinator made it so there were no worries about any of the details. She organized a complete time-line, reviewed every contract and contacted every vendor. She literally took care of everything and made it so that we could enjoy our daughter's wedding and not worry about a thing. She even organized a quick change from outside to inside for the ceremony when an uninvited guest, tropical story Arthur, decided to at ten the wedding!. We would strongly recommend EFD for your event...you will love working with them

• Wedding: 07/04/2014
Services Used: Invitations, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

At first, I thought I had everything for my wedding under control - as I am very organized - but boy was I wrong! I quickly realized that with so many vendors and details, I needed help. I was SO lucky to have found THE BEST wedding help around with Edna and Kasie!! They were there at every step of the way and advocated for me as a bride.
Edna was critical in pulling together all ideas -big and down to the very small detail- to make my dream wedding a reality. She connected me with amazing vendors and helped to create my vision all around the wedding with her artistic creativity. She also always kept my budget in mind and helped me determine where it was best spent throughout the process.
Kasie was my wedding day manager/coordinator and did not miss a beat throughout the entire process. From helping coordinate logistics, scheduling, and even tiny details, Kasie knew best and made it happen! Any time I needed anything or had a question- she was two steps ahead and already had the answer delivered! Thank goodness she wore flats on my wedding day because she ran around ensuring everything was absolutely perfect so the me, my family, and my guests would enjoy the night! And my guests still rave about the fantastic time they had and say it was the best wedding they've ever been to!!
I could not have survived the planning and day-of without these two amazing ladies!! Thank you Edna and Kasie!

• Wedding: 07/04/2014

25 Reasons Why I Love Edna from EFD Creative

1. Edna aims to please and no task is too big or too small for her to take on. From helping select a venue to designing a chalkboard sign to helping the grandmother of the bride put on more comfortable shoes, Edna was right there at a moments notice to make it happen.

2. Edna works tirelessly to get the job done. When I called her at 6:30 am to get the key for the "get ready room" she jumped out of bed to get it. Let us not forget that she was up the night before well past 2 am cleaning up the Welcome Party.

3. Edna understands the most demanding clients and has standards to match. Edna understands the word "perfection" and will not settle for anything less. She represents the client's interest first and foremost and communicates their desires to the vendors without any hesitation.

4. Edna has tremendous integrity. When I was dissatisfied with a first iteration of anything, she paused, listened, and validated my feelings. She would never try to 'sell' me anything. Instead, she found a way to make it happen.

5. Edna cares so much. Her passion about her work and her desire to deliver the best end result is evident every time you meet her. She grows attached to her clients and truly wants to see a smile on their face.

6. Edna married a gem who supports her every step of the way. Her husband took care of my aged parents to ensure they arrived back at the hotel safely. No, he did not just escort them into a taxi. He went back with them and made sure they got to their room.

7. Edna's right hand, Kasie, is not only the most adorable person you will ever meet, but her positive energy is contagious and calming all at the same time. She is always smiling and has a tremendous can do attitude.

8. Edna returns every single call within seconds of calling. She returns every email equally as efficiently. There was never a time in a year and a half of planning that I could not reach Edna.

9. Edna takes copious notes and forgets nothing. Even the most minute details (the altar boys should not wear sneakers) are part of her planning notes.

10. Edna understands how to perfectly time every single event in the wedding. Not once during the entire weekend did I feel something was rushed or not been properly timed.

11. Edna is very creative yet practical. She has a unique ability to synthesis thoughts and put forth an idea when everyone around her has disparate visions. This is truly one of Edna's most precious gifts. She will listen to everyone talking and discussing varying visions and all of a sudden she chimes in with pearls of wisdom and everyone nods in agreement.

12. Edna is not afraid to tell you the truth. As anyone who has ever planned a wedding must know, it is not always smooth sailing. If Edna feels you are deviating from the true meaning of the event, she will redirect you in a succinct yet honest manner. She never pretends to be anything she is not and as a result, you learn to trust her.

13. Edna always shows up. Even when she gets stuck in traffic, you never need to worry. She will call and let you know she is on her way. You never have to wonder, "Where is Edna?"

14. Edna has an extensive network so there is nothing you can throw at her that she would not figure out how to make happen.

15. Edna's fees are reasonable when you consider how much of herself she puts into the process. Nothing else needs to be said about this. You get MORE than what you pay for.

16. Edna understands that there are tension-filled days leading up to the big event and manages to remain calm and reassuring. She will send you emails proactively to assure you everything is unfolding flawlessly. There are NO surprises.

17. Edna always makes you feel that your wedding is the most important wedding on earth and that she is fully dedicated to you. Although I know she is juggling multiple weddings, I never once felt like a second banana to anyone.

18. Edna never pushes you to spend more than you can afford and often asks you "is that really necessary?" or " that won't make an impact, that is not money well spent." I value her honesty and respect for budgets.

19. Edna has a sense of humor. Just when you think you can't go the extra step, she finds a way to reinvigorate you and make that one more decision.

20. Edna understands how to work with the bride and the mother of the bride, even when the two have very different ideas of the particulars. She understands that her job is first and foremost to please the bride and groom so she gently nudges the mother of the bride to be more understanding. This is something I truly appreciated.

21. Edna never puts down an idea no matter how farfetched. There is never any 'judgment' in her responses. Instead, she is the master of fine tuning.

22. Edna has become a family friend.

23. Edna taught me how to trust and let go.

24. Edna is a pro who helped me make my daughter's wedding a dream come true.

25. I recommend Edna with no reservations. She is the best wedding planner in Boston. Period.

Love you,

Debbie

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hiring Edna to be our wedding planner was the best decision we made during our wedding planning process. Having never planned a wedding before, we really did not know what we were getting ourselves into and it was extremely helpful and comforting to have an expert right by our side, guiding us through each step. For example, when we first met Edna, she graciously went through our budget with us. We had no idea how much things could cost! Edna quickly pulled us back into reality and worked with our budget to get us the best of what we could afford.

Edna was also a huge time saver. We both work full time, and before we had hired her, it took us two months just to find a venue for our wedding. Within two weeks of hiring Edna, we had booked all of our major vendors, including the photographer, videographer, officiant, and band! No time was wasted researching vendors and we are extremely pleased with all of them and their level of service during our wedding day.

Edna is a wedding expert, and her expert opinion prevented and resolved many disagreements during the wedding planning process. Many times we would disagree about some aspect of the wedding, and many times the solution would be to, ‘ask Edna!’ Hearing the important and relevant questions of a wedding expert, who has planned countless weddings before quickly puts any arguments to rest. Not only do her opinions come from experience, but also Edna logically works through each problem, step by step.

Edna’s level of service is top notch. There was never a time when we felt we could not reach her. She responds to all messages promptly, even if they are sent late at night. On the actual wedding day, Edna took charge of everything logistical. She was working hard, behind the scenes, to make sure everything looked gorgeous and ran smoothly.

The only bad thing about Edna is that when the wedding is over, you will miss her company and presence!

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

EFD Creative did an incredible job planning both the creative and organizational components of my wedding and rehearsal dinner. (which I only had 4 months to plan)
The experience was terrific, they were responsive to my questions and patient with me when I kept changing my mind! The vendors they recommended were terrific as well.
With Kasie, I felt that I was in good hands! My wedding weekend was seamless and many of our guests complimented that ours was the BEST WEDDING THEY'D EVER BEEN TO!!
Thanks Ladies!!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

EFD Creative - Event Planning and Design planned my sons Bar Mitzvah from start to finish. I couldn't be happier with the end results- it was one of the greatest days my life- I work full time and wanted to create a special and memorable day for my son- who really worked very hard and earned the celebration- I had no time to run around and find vendors and ideas- I am not a interest person or someone who enjoys surfing the web.
Kasie made planning the event easy and fun- Every meeting we had she was organized and on top of every detail. I never brought a notebook or pen to a meeting, I knew she had it covered and I can enjoy the process. She kept me organized and scheduled everything in a timely manner so we were never rushed or crazed. From the centerpieces to the time line of the event, the food options, the decor- she put together exactly what I hoped for- and it was fun to do- and the night was amazing!!! Thanks EFD!

• Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We originally thought we could handle all of the wedding plans ourselves. We soon realized that if we wanted the wedding of our dreams and to be able to enjoy our wedding day, hiring a wedding coordinator was a must.

EFD Creative - Event Planning & Design came highly recommend. From the first meeting to the end of the wedding our coordinator Kasie Blanchette became more than just a coordinator, but a true friend. We shared our vision with her and all the fun began. Kasie was professional and attentive to every single detail! Kasie coordinated with all the vendors and created a minute by minute timeline of the wedding day to insure our wedding would be as perfect as we envisioned.

We were confident with our vision and Kasie’s exceptional coordination, that our wedding would be a night to remember. Kasie made sure everything was executed with pure perfection. It was truly a night that will fill our hearts with loving memories for a lifetime.
(Rick & Bob)

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was clueless about navigating the wedding scene at age 60. Edna was thoughtful, creative, respectful and assertive (when needed) throughout the whole process. She knows the business and has a terrific relationship with vendors, which is an advantage to the bride and groom. Many wedding guests commented about what a wonderful event it was. In part, this was related to many small touches Edna initiated; e.g. exquisite lighting and candles, and a seamlessly choreographed schedule on the wedding day. Everything ran perfectly and all we did was pay attention to our guests and enjoy ourselves. My fiancé liked her very much...which was a big plus.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Edna is truly remarkable in wedding event planning and design. She was there every step of the way, at every appointment, and on the day of my wedding she made sure every detail was perfect. She even connected me with a wedding gown boutique where I ultimately found my wedding gown (and she came to the appointment at which I found my gown). Edna was personable, budget-minded, and very resourceful. Planning for my wedding was a challenge in that the wedding took place in Boston, but my family was in California and my husband's family was in Ohio. She made both of our families feel very involved in the planning process, while still prioritizing what my husband and I felt was important for our wedding ceremony and reception. I very much enjoyed the wedding planning process because of Edna. Her experience and personality helped to make our wedding day truly a day that my husband and I will remember fondly forever as the best day of our lives. Edna was a perfect complement to my more relaxed and take-what-people-give-you personality. She is a much needed perfectionist, who would not quit until she knew the outcome was exactly what I wanted. She searched far and wide for the best possible favors for our wedding and when I was ready to just pick a satisfactory option, she pressed on and found favors that our guests, even months after our wedding, are still raving about.
I have every confidence that if you choose Edna to be your event planner and design artist, she will more than exceed your expectations for your event.

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
781-856-1981
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards