EFD Creative - Event Planning & Design
Wedding Planning with Style - The Wedding Brander™
Serving all of New England
MA
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly /...

Profile   Reviews (30)   Photos   FAQ
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
OMG Edna and her team are incredible! I can't even begin to say how thankful we are that we were able to work with them in planning our daughter's wedding. Every step of the way was made easier, more fun and less stressful by Edna and Kasie. Their vendor recommendations actually saved us money in the long run and off set the expense of having an event planner.
Working with Kasie as the "day of" coordinator made it so there were no worries about any of the details. She organized a complete time-line, reviewed every contract and contacted every vendor. She literally took care of everything and made it so that we could enjoy our daughter's wedding and not worry about a thing. She even organized a quick change from outside to inside for the ceremony when an uninvited guest, tropical story Arthur, decided to at ten the wedding!. We would strongly recommend EFD for your event...you will love working with them
Wedding: 07/04/2014
Services Used: Invitations, Wedding Planning
25 Reasons Why I Love Edna from EFD Creative

1. Edna aims to please and no task is too big or too small for her to take on. From helping select a venue to designing a chalkboard sign to helping the grandmother of the bride put on more comfortable shoes, Edna was right there at a moments notice to make it happen.

2. Edna works tirelessly to get the job done. When I called her at 6:30 am to get the key for the "get ready room" she jumped out of bed to get it. Let us not forget that she was up the night before well past 2 am cleaning up the Welcome Party.

3. Edna understands the most demanding clients and has standards to match. Edna understands the word "perfection" and will not settle for anything less. She represents the client's interest first and foremost and communicates their desires to the vendors without any hesitation.

4. Edna has tremendous integrity. When I was dissatisfied with a first iteration of anything, she paused, listened, and validated my feelings. She would never try to 'sell' me anything. Instead, she found a way to make it happen.

5. Edna cares so much. Her passion about her work and her desire to deliver the best end result is evident every time you meet her. She grows attached to her clients and truly wants to see a smile on their face.

6. Edna married a gem who supports her every step of the way. Her husband took care of my aged parents to ensure they arrived back at the hotel safely. No, he did not just escort them into a taxi. He went back with them and made sure they got to their room.

7. Edna's right hand, Kasey, is not only the most adorable person you will ever meet, but her positive energy is contagious and calming all at the same time. She is always smiling and has a tremendous can do attitude.

8. Edna returns every single call within seconds of calling. She returns every email equally as efficiently. There was never a time in a year and a half of planning that I could not reach Edna.

9. Edna takes copious notes and forgets nothing. Even the most minute details (the altar boys should not wear sneakers) are part of her planning notes.

10. Edna understands how to perfectly time every single event in the wedding. Not once during the entire weekend did I feel something was rushed or not been properly timed.

11. Edna is very creative yet practical. She has a unique ability to synthesis thoughts and put forth an idea when everyone around her has disparate visions. This is truly one of Edna's most precious gifts. She will listen to everyone talking and discussing varying visions and all of a sudden she chimes in with pearls of wisdom and everyone nods in agreement.

12. Edna is not afraid to tell you the truth. As anyone who has ever planned a wedding must know, it is not always smooth sailing. If Edna feels you are deviating from the true meaning of the event, she will redirect you in a succinct yet honest manner. She never pretends to be anything she is not and as a result, you learn to trust her.

13. Edna always shows up. Even when she gets stuck in traffic, you never need to worry. She will call and let you know she is on her way. You never have to wonder, "Where is Edna?"

14. Edna has an extensive network so there is nothing you can throw at her that she would not figure out how to make happen.

15. Edna's fees are reasonable when you consider how much of herself she puts into the process. Nothing else needs to be said about this. You get MORE than what you pay for.

16. Edna understands that there are tension-filled days leading up to the big event and manages to remain calm and reassuring. She will send you emails proactively to assure you everything is unfolding flawlessly. There are NO surprises.

17. Edna always makes you feel that your wedding is the most important wedding on earth and that she is fully dedicated to you. Although I know she is juggling multiple weddings, I never once felt like a second banana to anyone.

18. Edna never pushes you to spend more than you can afford and often asks you "is that really necessary?" or " that won't make an impact, that is not money well spent." I value her honesty and respect for budgets.

19. Edna has a sense of humor. Just when you think you can't go the extra step, she finds a way to reinvigorate you and make that one more decision.

20. Edna understands how to work with the bride and the mother of the bride, even when the two have very different ideas of the particulars. She understands that her job is first and foremost to please the bride and groom so she gently nudges the mother of the bride to be more understanding. This is something I truly appreciated.

21. Edna never puts down an idea no matter how farfetched. There is never any 'judgment' in her responses. Instead, she is the master of fine tuning.

22. Edna has become a family friend.

23. Edna taught me how to trust and let go.

24. Edna is a pro who helped me make my daughter's wedding a dream come true.

25. I recommend Edna with no reservations. She is the best wedding planner in Boston. Period.

Love you,

Debbie
Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
EFD Creative did an incredible job planning both the creative and organizational components of my wedding and rehearsal dinner. (which I only had 4 months to plan)
The experience was terrific, they were responsive to my questions and patient with me when I kept changing my mind! The vendors they recommended were terrific as well.
With Kasie, I felt that I was in good hands! My wedding weekend was seamless and many of our guests complimented that ours was the BEST WEDDING THEY'D EVER BEEN TO!!
Thanks Ladies!!
Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
EFD Creative - Event Planning and Design planned my sons Bar Mitzvah from start to finish. I couldn't be happier with the end results- it was one of the greatest days my life- I work full time and wanted to create a special and memorable day for my son- who really worked very hard and earned the celebration- I had no time to run around and find vendors and ideas- I am not a interest person or someone who enjoys surfing the web.
Kasie made planning the event easy and fun- Every meeting we had she was organized and on top of every detail. I never brought a notebook or pen to a meeting, I knew she had it covered and I can enjoy the process. She kept me organized and scheduled everything in a timely manner so we were never rushed or crazed. From the centerpieces to the time line of the event, the food options, the decor- she put together exactly what I hoped for- and it was fun to do- and the night was amazing!!! Thanks EFD!
Wedding: 10/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We originally thought we could handle all of the wedding plans ourselves. We soon realized that if we wanted the wedding of our dreams and to be able to enjoy our wedding day, hiring a wedding coordinator was a must.

EFD Creative - Event Planning & Design came highly recommend. From the first meeting to the end of the wedding our coordinator Kasie Blanchette became more than just a coordinator, but a true friend. We shared our vision with her and all the fun began. Kasie was professional and attentive to every single detail! Kasie coordinated with all the vendors and created a minute by minute timeline of the wedding day to insure our wedding would be as perfect as we envisioned.

We were confident with our vision and Kasie’s exceptional coordination, that our wedding would be a night to remember. Kasie made sure everything was executed with pure perfection. It was truly a night that will fill our hearts with loving memories for a lifetime.
(Rick & Bob)
Wedding: 10/05/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
I was clueless about navigating the wedding scene at age 60. Edna was thoughtful, creative, respectful and assertive (when needed) throughout the whole process. She knows the business and has a terrific relationship with vendors, which is an advantage to the bride and groom. Many wedding guests commented about what a wonderful event it was. In part, this was related to many small touches Edna initiated; e.g. exquisite lighting and candles, and a seamlessly choreographed schedule on the wedding day. Everything ran perfectly and all we did was pay attention to our guests and enjoy ourselves. My fiancé liked her very much...which was a big plus.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Edna is truly remarkable in wedding event planning and design. She was there every step of the way, at every appointment, and on the day of my wedding she made sure every detail was perfect. She even connected me with a wedding gown boutique where I ultimately found my wedding gown (and she came to the appointment at which I found my gown). Edna was personable, budget-minded, and very resourceful. Planning for my wedding was a challenge in that the wedding took place in Boston, but my family was in California and my husband's family was in Ohio. She made both of our families feel very involved in the planning process, while still prioritizing what my husband and I felt was important for our wedding ceremony and reception. I very much enjoyed the wedding planning process because of Edna. Her experience and personality helped to make our wedding day truly a day that my husband and I will remember fondly forever as the best day of our lives. Edna was a perfect complement to my more relaxed and take-what-people-give-you personality. She is a much needed perfectionist, who would not quit until she knew the outcome was exactly what I wanted. She searched far and wide for the best possible favors for our wedding and when I was ready to just pick a satisfactory option, she pressed on and found favors that our guests, even months after our wedding, are still raving about.
I have every confidence that if you choose Edna to be your event planner and design artist, she will more than exceed your expectations for your event.
Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Going with EFD Creative for wedding management was by far the best choice I made in our wedding planning process. The service was personable, professional and graciously catered to our particular needs. Excellent, prompt service - From the first call I felt very comfortable with Edna (owner and creative director). She recommended me to Kasie (event manager) who proved to be a dream come true! The quality of care was impeccable and far beyond any expectations. She was incredibly organized and professional and so very kind and warm, I had no idea how to pull off a dream wedding, but she patiently walked me through and the wedding was an incredible success! Everyone had a great time, it was beautiful and wouldn't have been possible without Kasie's upbeat presence and sure demeanor. She afforded us an element of structure and security that really brought everything together. Her services were an invaluable asset to our special day and I'm ever grateful to EFD Creative for such an ultimate wedding planning service!
Wedding: 08/11/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Edna at EFD is fabulous! She works extremely hard to help you plan an amazing wedding. She was the first vendor we hired, and she helped connect us with wonderful vendors who helped make our day perfect.

Edna makes the planning process fun and easy. She coordinated and attended every vendor meeting. Edna also ensured that our wedding day went smoothly.

The unique thing about Edna is that she uses her artistic background to create truly personal events. She can help you pull your ideas together into a cohesive style, and she does not miss a single detail.

I would absolutely recommend Edna to anyone thinking of hiring a planner.
Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our experience working with Kasie Blanchette was absolutely fabulous! She has excellent organizational skills and a wonderful, warm personality. Despite the complex nature of our wedding, Kasie found a way to make it all come together so beautifully! I received numerous compliments from my guests on how well-planned the wedding was. The wedding involved a large robot in the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception; hair, makeup and nail services for the bride, maid of honor, and 4 bridesmaids as well as the addition of two special wedding games (a dance and trivia contest with prizes for each). This by all means was not easy to coordinate, but thanks to Kasie, I was able to include all these things which made my wedding so much fun and very memorable. She even helped to put up and also take down all the flowers in the church and reception site. Having her around throughout my wedding day really put my mind at ease as I could actually enjoy my wedding day without having to worry about the flowers, where the robot needs to be, or the shuttle service. Kasie would periodically check on me to determine whether or not I needed anything which was also very helpful. After the wedding, Kasie was a big help in cleaning up and making sure that I got all my gifts and wedding items returned. Thanks to her, we did not lose anything despite the high number of items we included in the wedding and the large number of gifts we received. I would highly recommend Kasie to any couple planning a wedding as she is sure to make your wedding day absolutely amazing!
Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My mom and I initially didn't think we needed a wedding planner - we tried to do it by ourselves. But we are both busy professionals and wedding planning became a burden. When we met with Edna, we clicked right away. and we knew we would enjoy working with her. I didn't initially realize how much of a difference working with her would make. She made the planning process so much more fun for my mom and I! She came with us to our vendor meetings and really helped me verbalize what I wanted for my wedding style and put it into action. For instance, I had initially met with my invitation vendor alone and was going to go for something traditional and plain. However, after Edna came with me, she helped me to design the perfect wedding invitation that was much more reflective of my fiance and my style. We got many compliments and some said it was the most beautiful wedding invitation they'd seen. And then for the design of the actually wedding, Edna was there every step of the way. Answering all of my emails right away and coming up with unique and fun ideas - but of course always leaving the final decisions to me. The day of the wedding both Edna and her assistant Kasie were there. I found out after the fact that Edna did a lot of behind the scenes work with putting our decorations into action that day. From moving trees around to calling the lighting designer to come because the lighting wasn't exactly as planned at first. Kasie was so helpful on the day of, taking care of all the little details so I didn't have to worry (including finding a seamstress to sew on my fiance's tuxedo button that popped off). Kasie was also really helpful in working with the vendors and creating an awesome timeline - so I knew everything the day was scheduled in detail. She was in charge of the schedule and I just relaxed and had the most amazing day of my life! Thanks so much Edna and Kasie, we couldn't have done it without you!
Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Over a year working with Edna she pulled our disparate thoughts together and gave this wedding a cohesive look and vision. Working with me MOB and my daughter the bride she negotiated the tough waters and listened as needed and let us vent too. Her team of wedding day experts were wonderfully calm and organized and the day went off with out a hitch!! As MOB I was able to just relax and enjoy the whole day. PERFECT!!!
Wedding: 05/11/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Edna was really great to work with; I felt like she really understood what we wanted the feeling of the wedding to be and we were right! The vendors she recommended were spot on. She was very responsive and kept in constant contact with us throughout the entire planning process.
Wedding: 10/13/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Edna was FANTASTIC! Her personal touch and attention to detail was everything we wanted in our wedding planner. She helped us assemble a great team of vendors that complemented each other so well and created for us a beautiful, unforgettable wedding.
Wedding: 09/14/2012

Anonymous 2 Reviews
My husband and I were extremely pleased with the quality of service we received from Edna of EFD Creative. We were immediately interested in working with Edna because of her strong design background. We are so happy that we worked with her because she had the ability to take our ideas regarding the look and feel of our wedding and to execute them beautifully. Our wedding was so beautiful and elegant thanks to Edna. She assembled an amazing team of vendors for us, which further ensured that our day was exactly how we wanted it. I cannot emphasize enough how hard Edna works for her couples. My husband and I live out of state, and Edna was always available via phone or e-mail to chat. My job often required me to work late into the evenings, and Edna would always make herself available to me no matter what the hour. It was also so great having Edna there the day of to ensure that everything ran smoothly. So many of my guests commented that I was the most calm and relaxed bride they had seen. This is because I knew that Edna was taking care of all the details so that I could enjoy myself. Edna will make your wedding fantastic! Don't plan your wedding without EFD Creative!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Edna at EFD Creative is the best at her job!! She works extremely hard to make your wedding go as planned and smooth as possible, we did not have one hic-up in the day. Not only is she wonderful and easy to talk to, but she knows the best of the best in Boston! She connected us with so many great people to work with on our wedding and we couldn't be happier. What she does is just like her pictures show on her website!! I would highly recommend Edna to any bride for a picture perfect wedding experience!!
Wedding: 08/10/2012
 781-856-1981
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire