Depot Hotel Restaurant and Garden

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My mother-in-law and I found the Depot Hotel on wedding wire and absolutely fell in love with the venue! Perfect for a small wedding and it was great for our larger rehearsal dinner! We had around 60 people, so they have this beautiful backyard area with an Italian feel and twinkle lights that really set the mood. We did the appetizer buffet stations which were a huge hit with out guests, since they could pick from multiple options and it kept a more casual feel where people could roam around and talk. Gia was a huge help and made sure to meet our every request. She was flexible and always timely when responding to our emails. So perfect, would recommend to anyone and would book again.

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Absolutely wonderful. I wouldn't have changed a thing. Gia was a lifesaver and handled everything spectacularly. Definitely a beautiful places with scenery I will remember forever. And the food was to die for. Everyone is still talking about how great the food was!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Great location, beautiful space, wonderful staff. I wish we could do it all over again!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gia and her staff were very accommodating, very easy to work with, and attentive. Gia made polite suggestions for our suggestions. They don't "nickle-and-dime" you with extra charges, which was great because we knee how much money to expect to pay! Food is of restaurant quality, rather than hotel. Gia was very flexible, and knowing how chaotic weddings could be, she made this experience super easy and enjoyable for us. Thank you, Gia and staff!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding here on April 27th 2014 and it was wonderful! This place is amazing and has the cutest garden with a central fountain and it was perfect for both my ceremony and reception. Gia helped me coordinate my wedding and was so kind to me throughout the wedding planning and all of the staff at the Depot are very kind as well.

They put up all my wedding decorations and made everything look perfect! The food was wonderful and they accommodated my vegetarian diet and my friends gluten free diets!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can go on and on about how amazing the Depot Hotel Restaurant and Garden is, and I will! EVERYTHING from the food, the decor, the outdoor setting, EVERYTHING was beyond any expectation I had for my wedding and reception. Gia handled everything with ease, professionalism and extreme care. My husband and I live in Spokane, WA, so planning a wedding a thousand miles was a little stressful to say the least. We contacted several vendors throughout Sonoma, and as you can imagine, they were either very difficult to receive responses from or a little over our budget. Gia was the first vendor to contact us right away and was "all inclusive" which was a life and time saver for me. Gia and her staff made planning a piece of cake and followed every crazy instruction of mine to a "T." All of our guests raved over the delicious food, fantastic outdoor space and intimate ambience and the location of this historic venue. My husband and I plan to come back for our one year anniversary and dine at the Depot Hotel Restaurant because we want more of their fantastic food and service. So, if you are looking for an intimate and special venue for your special day, I would HIGHLY recommend Gia and her amazing staff at the Depot Hotel Restaurant and Garden.

Profile Picture
Private User
1+ year ago

We recommend this venue to anyone who would like easy, low-stress planning and a lovely, delicious and comfortable occasion experience. Gia and the Depot Hotel Restaurant staff offered well planned reception packages and help in planning our wedding, dinner and dancing. The location allowed flexibility in areas in which we could choose to have our ceremony, have our dinner and dancing. We had flexibility in our menu selections and drink selections. That the people here had had extensive experience was evident in their competence, and we also felt that our wedding was special and unique.

Profile Picture
Joan
1 Review
09/27/2012

I enjoyed working with Gia, even if a thousand miles away! I felt sure of the venue and was very pleased with the setting and the food and the service. Thank you for a job well done and a service well performed!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gia and her staff are absolutely amazing! Gia was so helpful during the planning stages, always available to answer all of my questions and very responsive to any emails or phone calls. She provided some great suggestions and was very flexible in regards to what my husband and I were envisioning for our wedding day.

The reception decor was a very non-stressful element thanks to The Depot staff! I literally dropped off boxes of favors, name cards, centerpieces, etc the morning of the reception and Gia took care of it! Everything looked beautiful, the food was excellent and the beverage service was great, my glass was never more than half empty :-)

I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a beautiful location with great food and great service. The pictures were stunning, The Depot truly embodies the spirit of Sonoma.

~Heather & Brad

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

IF YOU WANT TO TAKE MOST OF THE STRESS AND HASSLE OUT OF YOUR PLANNING
THE DEPOT HOTEL WILL DO THAT FOR YOU. ALL OUR GUESTS (AROUND 75) HAD A GREAT TIME. THE FOOD SETTING AND SERVICE WAS GREAT. THE ONLY SAD THING WAS HAVING THE DAY COME TO AN END. GIA WAS EASY TO WORK WITH AND VERY HELPFUL.
THE OUTDOOR PATIO WAS VERY PRIVATE AND A BEAUTIFUL SPACE TO BE IN.
MY BRIDE AND I HAD A GREAT DAY!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at The Depot in June and it was absolutely wonderful. The entire staff was so welcoming and helpful, the whole day was like a dream. The owner and banquest manager Gia Ghilarducci was invaluable, balancing warmth and professionalism effortlessly. With her experienced coordination the ceremony and the reception were a smooth-sailing success. If you are looking for a romantic wine country location with some serious historic charm and extraordinary culinary delights for your wedding, you cannot go wrong with The Depot Hotel Restaurant.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Depot Hotel is a wonderful location for a wedding reception. There was plently of flexibility as to sitting inside or outside by the pool. The service and food is excellent, and Gia kept everything running smoothly with anticipation of everyones needs. It was a very positive experience and a perfect day for all.

Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths

My husband and I could not have asked for a better experience. We did not have to do much at all. No stress with the planning because the Depot Hotel / Gia took care of everything. The staff was amazing, they took care of each and every guest like it was their special day. My family and friends loved the place, the food, and the service provided from the staff. If you want to stay on budget and you want an all inclusive wedding and venue the Depot hotel is the place for you. You will love it.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a beautiful wedding at the Depot Hotel. The food was delicious, but best of all, the service was fabulous! Thank you Gia for helping us celebrate our special day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was beautiful. The depothotel was the perfect setting and the staff was extremely polite and helpful. Gia was great, she was there for the planning and very prompt at responding to my phone calls and e-mails. She was also there for the event and kept things running smoothly. We got lots of compliments from our guests on the food and i couldn't think of one thing that went wrong that day.