Deering Estate at Cutler

Value:
Flexibility:
(4.2 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deering Estate is a stunning location for any Miami wedding. It's a beautiful, natural setting and the actual estate has so many uses for a wedding. I used the library for desserts, the courtyard for a gorgeous outdoor dinner and the ballroom for dancing. It is a much better value than Viscaya and there event team is top notch!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
4.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.0

The Deering Estate is a gorgeous venue! Perfect for the bride that wants to bring in her own vendors and coordinate everything. They are really strict on the rules - no candles, stakes in the ground, forklifts, cars inside the estate, etc, but since it is an historic site, it is understandable. Even though it rained right before the ceremony, the venue was still gorgeous, and we even got amazing pictures with a rainbow over the water. The staff was helpful and very easy to work with!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Gorgeous venue and professional events team. Comped our site visit as well as everyone for our rehearsal. We had planners from their preferred vendor list (Events on a Budget), so they knew the routine with what was acceptable and not as far as set up, noise, hours, etc. There are a lot of rules, for example I was surprised to learn you cannot drop flower petals (or anything for that matter), on the lawn/aisle. With such a stunning back drop for our ceremony we didn't mind sticking to the rules they have in place. They did allow set up of vintage furniture for cocktail hour and heat lamps for our dinner in the courtyard. Whenever we called they got back to us the same day, and were always pleasant!

• Wedding: 01/25/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Gorgeous location!! My wedding was absolutely gorgeous!! Location is beautiful I had the reception by the water and reception inside.. Everyone loved the location. I got beautiful pictures.. Only one small issue is since the location is a historical site there is many rules and regulations.. Make sure you go over all rules before booking so you don't get any surprises... However despite the rules location and staff is great! If I had to do it over again I wouldn't change anything... I loved the location and was very happy with the venue for my reception!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
Janessa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What can I say! I love this venue! We had a fabulous wedding here! Thank you~!

• Wedding: 09/22/2013
Courtney
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Between the amazing weather, the beautiful view of the water, the stone house and the courtyard, I definitely had my fairytale wedding. The great part is, that in one location you technically have 3 different venues. I had my ceremony by the water, cocktail hour at the courtyard and reception in the stone house. All my guests were completely blown away!

• Wedding: 03/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I first visited the Deering Estate back when I was touring my different wedding venues. It was my last stop for the day, after visiting a couple of country clubs. As soon as my mother, sister and I entered the gates to the estate our jaws immediately dropped and that is when I knew I had to get married there. The long walkway with the high tree canopy over it, the Stone House, the Richmond Cottage, the huge royal palms and view of Biscayne Bay made this place stand out so much. It just felt different than any other place. The Deering Estate is elegant, but not over the top and it has so much natural beauty that it really cannot be beat, and the views of the water make it a perfect waterfront location without sand! My guests still can't stop talking about how amazing of a place it was, and it is wonderful that you get the location to yourself for the evening. I knew I wanted a ceremony and reception location all in one, so that guests didn't have to drive somewhere in between and the deering estate was perfect. The transition from the lawn for the ceremony, to the porch and lawn for cocktail hour, to the courtyard (STUNNING) for the reception, and then inside the ballroom for dancing made it so perfect. This is the perfect place for a dream wedding!

• Wedding: 03/03/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

awesome and luxurious place!! everything was amazing

• Wedding: 02/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Few places are as beautiful and picturesque as The Deering Estate at Cutler. The views of the water, the regality of the house, the dance floor inside the mansion, the palmtree-lined walkways...I could go on and on. This place is hands-down one of the most beautiful locations in all South Florida to have a wedding. Book early because a lot of other brides think this way as well!!!

• Wedding: 10/12/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Deering is absolutely beautiful! It is a bit pricey and they do have a lot of rules, but absolutely worth the breathtaking views and grounds. The bathrooms could use a little sprucing up, but I absolutely recommend this venue if you are looking for a unique, beautiful space. Other than Vizcaya, there is nothing else that even comes close.

• Wedding: 04/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Deering Estate is such a beautiful location. Jenna is awesome to work with and very helpful.

• Wedding: 02/25/2012
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The venue is beautiful. I received many compliments from my guests.

• Wedding: 02/11/2012
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Deering is a great venue for the wedding. Jenna was very flexible in meeting some last minute preparations. The grounds were clean and very well maintained. The walk to where the ceremony is a bit long, but otherwise the premises are amazing. Deering does has some restrictions regarding the reception so it is important to read the guidelines. All in all, Deering is a beautiful place to have a wedding and captures the great essence of the Biscayne Bay.

• Wedding: 01/28/2012
3.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

The deering estate is probably one of the most beautiful places to have your wedding. I personally had my reception in the courtyard and it was a dream come true! Nevertheless, they have many restrictions, such as not being able to put poles to put lights or orbs, there cannot be any open flames, and you cannot put petals on the floor. These are just a few of the many restrictions they impose on you, if you are planning to go with them, just make sure you are aware of the restrictions before you make your final decision.

• Wedding: 01/08/2012
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 3.0

Deering Estate is such a gorgeous place! it couldnt have been more perfect for my romantic wedding. We had many out of town guest so I wanted them to experience the beauty of Miami with all of the palm trees and water. People are still talking about how gorgeous the venue was and how hey felt like they were in a beautiful villa. I'm happy with my decision to have my wedding here but I must say the wedding planning was so stressful because the list of rules was pages and pages long...some of the rules were understandable and some completely rediculous. Not allowing music outside or uplighting inside were some that I really had a struggle with. Another negative was that one of the guards was very rude at the end of the wedding...the dj went over the end time by a couple of minutes because the guest encouraged him to play one more song and the guard basically made a scene having the dj turn off all music mid song. He couldve been more discrete about it or just waited 1 more minute for the song to be over.

• Wedding: 11/05/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Those Deering Brothers sure knew how to live large. While James was importing Italian marble for his little winter cottage, Vizcaya, brother Charles was building this sprawling bayside mansion. The 1922 estate included…
When me and my formally Fiancé visit the Venue, We knew this was going to be our venue!! The staff was the best.

• Wedding: 10/21/2011
305-235-1668
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire