Casa Marina Hotel & Restaurant

4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

working with the Casa Marina leading up to the event was very easy, both Becky and Casey were very responsive to my many questions. The ceremony courtyard is also beautiful, but the chairs are stained because of overuse. I highly recommend not using the tent, it's beautiful without it and when I saw it up it was a bit dirty.
The food was okay, there were high and low points. The guest feedback was that the chicken was dry, they were stingy with the prime rib but everyone who ate the Curried Shrimp loved it! It really was the best dish. Also based on feedback the spring rolls were the best appetizer. I also highly recommend having passed Sangria during cocktail hour as it was a big hit and delicious.
During the reception/dinner I had my plate cleared before I was done eating while I went to the restroom, apparently this also happened to one of my bridesmaids. Also for some reason all tables did not receive cake which meant I had a ton of leftover cake.
The bartenders were great and very generous, also working with Sterling to make sure the reception went smoothly was a pleasure, he is a real class act.
One last note, if you plan to have an active dance floor inside be ready for some heat as it was very hot in the room.

All in all the day went smoothly thanks to the staff and the ceremony was beautiful! I would recommend the Casa Marina.

• Wedding: 10/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was amazing at Casa Marina. The food was delicious and all of the employees were very helpful and professional. I would definitely recommend the Casa Marina for weddings.

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The venue is absolutely beautiful. Becky and Casey were amazing to work with. They make the entire planning process easy and stress free. The day-of we experienced a number of last minute changes and scheduling issues due to a huge thunderstorm that rolled in (our wedding and reception were set to be outside). Casey stayed calm, cool and collected and handled absolutely everything. I didn't spend a single moment stressed or worried because she was on top of it all and visited my room multiple times throughout the day to reassure me about the ceremony and back-up reception plans, and was on top of absolutely everything. She made what could have been an extremely stressful experience much easier to cope with. Everything went off without a hitch and the guests were non the wiser. We even managed to get the ceremony on the beach as the rain broke. They really know how to take care of the bride and groom there. They made sure we got our food first and even packed to go boxes that they put in our room for the end of the night, just in case we didn't get around to eating. They also surprised us with a bottle of champagne and champagne glasses. The food was fantastic as was the venue. And I can't rave enough about how awesome Casey was on the day of. My only complaint about the venue would be the rooms themselves. While the hotel is absolutely beautiful, the rooms are a bit dated and need some updating/fixing.

• Wedding: 10/03/2014
Shannon
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rebekah and the whole staff at Casa Marina were great in every detail of my wedding. This place gives the most bang for your buck with delicious food! Great atmosphere and location. Highly recommend it!

• Wedding: 09/05/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone at Casa Marina was so great to work with! Becky and Sterling made the evening go wonderfully and kept me calm! Everyone raved about the food and the service provided by the bartender!

• Wedding: 06/22/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I live close by to Casa Marina and I had their amazing brunch many times before. When I was looking for venues for my wedding, I kept coming back to Casa Marina. I wanted a beach wedding and it is right on the beach. I already knew the food was phenomenal. All I had to do was convince my fiancé that this is what I wanted. At the time he was on deployment with the Navy. I ended up putting my deposit down in March 2013 for my May 24, 2014 wedding. My advice is to book early because the prime dates are going to fill up fast. Becky is amazing and she worked with me every step of the way and answered any of my questions. I

I had my bridal shower there the week before my wedding. Sterling and Becky made sure that everything was perfect for that day. All my guests raved about the Buffett and the drinks. The location of our table was exactly what I wanted. We had an amazing time!

My wedding day was perfect. I had my ceremony on Saturday May 24 at 10am with the reception to follow. Becky, Sterling, and all the staff worked with my wedding planner, Christina Kopecki with Christina Kreations to make my day perfect. It was exactly what I envisioned. It was my perfect intimate beach wedding with my closest friends and family in attendance. Even my groom was impressed with everything. The first time he was at the Casa Marina was at the wedding rehearsal. Thank you Casa Marina for everything!!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at Casa Marina in Jacksonville Beach, FL. Our wedding coordinator that worked with us throughout the entire thing, Rebecca (Becky), was wonderful! She catered to my many questions, and even kept in touch via phone and email with my mother, who also had many questions. Our wedding day was amazing - we could not have asked for more! Beautiful location and a very sweet staff; plus, the food had our guests begging for more! Our wedding day was truly magical in this magical place.

• Wedding: 05/18/2014
Ashley and David
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My now husband and I were amazed at how accommodating the Casa Marina staff was in regards to helping us make our wedding vision a true reality. The location allowed for the beach wedding scene without having to have feet in sand (although that is an option!). We were so incredibly happy and blessed to have such an amazing team help make our wedding day even better than our dreams!

• Wedding: 05/16/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Erika
4.8/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Becky was great - quick to respond and worked with me living in Ohio and planning a wedding in Florida. The food was great as well. My only complaint is that a rehearsal was allowed to go on during our pictures before the ceremony. We got married on a Friday and the couple getting married on Saturday was allowed to run through their rehearsal while we were taking pictures. I feel that we paid to have this area just as they did for the next day and didn't think it was appropriate to have them there at that time.

• Wedding: 04/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There is nothing negative I can say about this place. The employees the layout the decor.... everything was perfect and they made sure that everything stayed that way. Thank you so much for making my wedding perfect.

• Wedding: 04/20/2014
Stephanie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I might be biased, but I had the perfect wedding day every girl dreams of. It rained all day and the day before, which was very unfortunate. They set up the tent in the courtyard and it saved the day. Becky was there for me every step of planning. The location was perfect, rain and all! Sterling was awesome during the reception and kept everything on time! I wouldn't change it for the world!!

• Wedding: 04/18/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Oh my goodness, I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue! My husband and I were married here on a Sunday and the service we received along with our families and guests was absolutely wonderful! Beki, Sterling, Casey, Mary & everyone else treated all of us with such kindness and attentiveness. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. I just can't say enough good things. My only hang up was just that I wish we had been able to get into the bridal suite earlier -- but we knew in advance when we would get in, so it's not like it was sprung on us last minute. I just wish it had been earlier. A very minor complaint. I would absolutely recommend this venue again and again!

• Wedding: 02/16/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful!! You can't go wrong with the Casa marina!! We held our wedding ceremony and reception here. Held at 9:30am, we has a brunch reception. Absolutely breathtaking!! From day one, Becky and Sterling were caring, honest, and open minded. My fiancé didn't meet either of them until the rehearsal (he had been deployed to Afghanistan). The rehearsal and ceremony were flawless, classy, and the epitome of a true wedding venue. There has been a wedding the night before and one to follow mine, but you wouldn't have known. The staff was polite, professional and made that day ours. They helped bring our wedding to life!

• Wedding: 11/09/2013
Alexis
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Casa Marina is a beautiful venue that accommodated our wedding marvelously. The service throughout our planning was amazing, due to Becky Lowry, the director. This complicated process was made so easy and enjoyable due to Casa Marina's planning assistance. The food is AMAZING! and so it the service they provide. The food service was extremely well done and the venue is gorgeous.

Casa Marina Hotel & Restaurant responded with the following comments:

Hi Joan,
Thank you so very much for your kind words! I wish Bobbi Beth and Alan a lifetime of happiness! Please come by and see us again soon! All the best, Becky Lowry

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
Joan
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The entire staff were SO helpful through out our wedding planning and during the actual event. My family and friends all had great things to say about the staff's excellent customer service and how well they managed the overall flow of the wedding. The venue was beautiful and they helped everything come together smoothly and seamlessly. I have been recommending Casa Marina to everyone I talk to!!

Casa Marina Hotel & Restaurant responded with the following comments:

Hi Katie,
Thank you so much for your kind words!! I wish you and Andrew a lifetime of happiness!
All the best, Becky Lowry

• Wedding: 10/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Casa Marina was AWESOME!!! We loved them and go back for brunch all the time. The staff is great and we would do our wedding all over again there.

• Wedding: 07/06/2013