Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

My husband and I live in Tampa, FL so when we decided to get married in Key West we knew we had to make a fast and furious trip down to pick a venue. In two days I think we saw almost every possibility Key West had to offer. We were overwhelmed, tired, hot, and starting to question our decision to have a destination wedding. I had always dreamed of having a formal event, but was that even possible in Key West? The moment we got to our appointment at the Casa Marina we knew were in the right place. The outside entrance was a mix of old Hollywood glam meets Key West classy. The lobby is decorated in rich hard wood floors and tall ceilings. Reina Todd met us to walk us around the property, showing us breezeways accented by archways, long reflecting pools aside marble flooring and a private beach perfect for any ceremony. Our ballroom was classic and inviting. I even got goosebumps the first time I walked in. Not only were we so happy to get married there but we are already planning our anniversary trip back. Hopefully we will be one of those couples that celebrates their 50th there.

Kayleigh
03/21/2015

Casa Marina is a stunning venue for a wedding. I did not have to worry about a thing the week of the wedding (except maybe tan lines), and when I walked down that aisle and saw everything for the first time, it was absolutely breathtaking. We did a beachfront ceremony and cocktail reception, and dinner/dancing in the Flagler Ballroom once the sun set. Many of our guests commented on how the food was the best wedding food they've ever had. Everything was so well run, and the Casa team worked easily with our other vendors - Julie Shreck of Simply You, Milan Events, 1313 Photography, Studio Marie Pierre, Blue Stone Circle.

I want to specifically call out Reina Todd, Catering and Sales Manager at the Casa, who was fantastic to work with throughout the planning process, as well as the wedding week itself. She went above and beyond the event logistics to make the wedding weekend (and tasting weekend) an extremely special experience for us. When we were surprised about our suite accommodations upon arrival, she personally showed us multiple other suite layouts so that we could pick the one most comfortable for our week at the Casa. This made a huge difference in our stay, and we truly felt at home. Her attention to detail, willingness to go above and beyond, and availability to us made the Casa Marina a place we will never forget, and are sure to continue to visit throughout our lives.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could go on forever talking about what a pleasure it was to work with Reina and the rest of the Casa Marina team in planning for our March 2015 wedding. From the first step of the planning process when we toured Casa Marina, Reina was extremely thorough and answered all of our questions about the facility. From that point forward, Reina was extremely accessible and answered all of our silly and not so silly questions immediately.

Once we arrived in Key West for our wedding, Reina and the Casa Marina staff ensured that every single want or need we had was met. On the day of the wedding, the staff was SO attentive and made sure that everything was perfect for us. There was a second wedding reception taking place on the property at the same time as ours and we never would have known it. The food and service was EXCELLENT! We received so many compliments regarding the taste and quality of the food. In a nutshell, working with Casa Marina was so easy! They made a process that could have been really complicated and dreadful seem so simple and fun! Our wedding day was AMAZING and we owe so much of that to Reina and the Casa Marina Staff! Oh yeah... and Casa Marina itself is absolutely beautiful, but that is a given!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It's hard to know where to start. My wedding was everything I wanted and more. Working with Reina was an absolute dream, I could not have asked for a better person to help us with our wedding. From our first tour of the property Reina put us right at ease, she talked through all of our options and helped us envision everything.

She was super responsive to every little question I had, and I had a lot of them. The whole contract process with about as painless as can be which was awesome. When we came in town to do the tasting she made it fun and another special experience for us to always remember. Also their chef is fantastic! We wanted to change some things on their offered menu and he was super accommodating. We have heard from so many people that this was the best food they have ever had at a wedding!

From Reina, to the chef, the event team, the doormen, EVERYONE was just wonderful to work with so happy and willing to help it was just amazing. All of our guests LOVED the whole experience and I just can't imagine having held our wedding anywhere other than the Casa Marina.

Kim
1 Review
01/30/2015

Carina and her staff were exceptional. The food was delicious . Throughout the process of planning the wedding, Monika with Swankkey Events;Carina
and the Casa Marina staff I would say it was a Perfect event. Thank you to all involved. Proud mother of the Bride. Kim

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Casa Marina is an idyllic location for a wedding reception. The property is beautiful and very elegant not the typical "Key West" location. We worked closely with Reina who was amazing! Every step of the way assisting us with recommendations based on her extensive experience. Reina went above and beyond to ensure everything went smoothly and as planned, the staff during the reception were exceptional! During the reception one of my bridesmaids spilt a whole glass of red wine down my dress, before I could turn around they were there with club soda and cloths to assist in the cleaning. They reset the table so that I could hardly notice the wine. The food was incredible, the chef will work closely to create a menu based around your taste and budget. I would highly recommend the Casa Marina and Reina!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

In my opinion the most beautiful place to get married in key west. Reina is a dream come true during the entire process. There are actually too many wonderful things to say about the Casa Marina so I will just leave it at that. :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The perfect Wedding Venue! Reina Todd is the best coordinator that you could ask for!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I fell in love with the Casa Marina on our first trip to Key West, Florida in 2013...so much so that we chose it to have our destination wedding at in June of 2014! The Casa Marina is an absolutely beautiful hotel with the most professional and courteous staff and breath-taking scenery. Our wedding reception was magical and my husband and I had the most perfect day! From our cocktail hour outside on Flagler's patio to the indoor reception in the Flagler's ballroom, the wedding was superb from start to finish! The entire event went flawlessly thanks to our event coordinator, Carina Primus. She is a gem and my husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about her! Carina is the epitome of professionalism, from her attentive emails and phone calls to her caring and efficient demeanor. We planned our wedding with Carina from New Jersey and there was no anxiety about the day thanks to the five-star service from Carina and the Casa Marina. Our families and friends raved about the food and service at our wedding. They also found the hotel and staff to be very accommodating and they keep commending us on planning such a fantastic destination wedding to Key West! From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you Casa Marina (and especially Carina!) for the most memorable and wonderful wedding day that we will all cherish forever!

Daryan
05/22/2014

Reina took very good care of us. She was on top of all details.

Evelyn
04/05/2014

Carina from Casa Marina was flawless from beginning to end. She made sure my wedding turned out perfect. Thank you so much! it was my dream wedding. there was nothing I requested, she did not do. She is amazing! I love her and the rest of the staff at Casa. The best choice I made in selecting a Venue for my wedding.

xoxoxo - 4-5-14
Evelyn and Tony

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I do not typically write reviews, especially the day after our wedding. However, if you are looking for an amazing venue, incredible staff and excellent food- this is the place to have your wedding. Not a thing went wrong on our wedding day and that is all because of the staff at this resort. Thank you so much!

Martin
11/28/2013

We had our wedding reception at the hotel on Thanksgiving Day. We hired the Grand Ballroom and the event was just perfect. The food, drinks and service were excellent. All arranged by Reina Todd the event manager who was very flexible and made the day go smoothly. Definitely recommend to others.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There will never be enough that I can say about this venue and its staff! Casa Marina gives you true value for your money. First of all, the hotel is beautiful and historic. The ballrooms are a beautiful colonial style with gorgeous wood floors. The outdoor area is exactly what a tropical getaway should look like. Palm trees everywhere, two large pools, an outdoor bar overlooking the water and a beach area (one of the few in Key West). We had an outdoor wedding and reception. From the beginning, Reina Todd, our wedding coordinator, was AMAZING!!! She was so professional and reassuring. She was on top of everything so we never felt anxious about anything. She suggested several vendors that turned out to be great and even called some of them for us to make same day appts since we only had limited opportunities to visit them on our trips down from Georgia. The food tasting was sooooo good! The chef came out and explained all the items and asked if we wanted to tweak any of it. I can honestly say all of the food was delicious and there is so much variety to choose from (we went with the Hibiscus Buffet).

On the wedding day, Reina and her staff did such a great job of organizing and preparing everything. Besides the normal wedding jitters, I didn't feel stressed at all about whether things were going to get done or not. Throughout the entire day, Reina was there to reassure us and make sure everything went smoothly. During the outdoor reception, it started pouring!! But Reina and the staff were on it! It's like an army of staff members marched out to where we were with warm towels for us and all our guests. We made the decision to take the party inside and it was amazing the speed with which they set up the ballroom and got everything going inside. Til this day my guests still talk about how impressively they responded to the situation.

Overall, it was such a great experience and I will forever be thankful to Reina for all that she did!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful Setting and great service.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

All I can say is WOW! If you are looking for the best location to get married in Key West then this is it! After we had decided to book the Casa Marina for our wedding ceremony and reception location we ended up moving over seas so I had to do most of my wedding planning via e-mail. I was really nervous about it at first and was considering hiring a wedding planner, but after I started working with Reina I no longer felt like I needed one. She was extremely patient and helpful with my hundreds of questions - even pointing out details and things to think about that had never even crossed my mind. She also provided us a list of vendors that the resort has worked with (and had good experiences with) in the past which made searching and booking vendors for my event a breeze. Since we were unable to do a tasting of our own so we sent my husband's sister and brother in-law on our behalf and Reina coordinated the meeting with the chef for them and sent over a summary of what they tasted and what their thoughts were. My husband's sister and brother in-law have pretty high standards when it comes to food so for those of you that are unable to do a tasting, have no fear, the food is superb. We ended up going with the plated dinner duet of filet mignon and mahi mahi, harcot verts and the asiago potato cake - it was fantastic. Several guests told me it was the best meal they had ever had. Not only was Reina awesome to work with, but so was the Casa Marina staff. They were extremely friendly, attentive, professional and left no detail unnoticed. From the minute we arrived to the second we left they made us (and our guests) feel like we were their most important clientele. We had both our ceremony and our reception outside at the East beach location and Reina and her crew did a wonderful job of putting together the perfect layout and even put out decorations that mother brought to help save costs on the décor budget. Best wedding ever! Thank you Casa Marina!