Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

My husband and I decided to have our wedding at Casa Marina because we loved the beautiful property and it was always a special place for us. We had celebrated anniversaries and birthdays there, and enjoyed the fun atmosphere of Key West! Casa Marina and Carina met our expectations and some! Our wedding day turned out more perfect than we could have ever imagined and working with Carina was SO easy. I asked her many, many questions and she always got back to me right away no matter how small the question was. She made me feel confident that we had chosen the right venue and on the day of our wedding, I did not have to worry at all. Casa Marina and its staff is exceptional at hosting weddings and attending to anything that we wanted. The entire weekend went smoothly and we had over 100 guests staying on the property. The food was amazing as well as the service & staff. Our friends and family will be talking about this day for a long time and I would recommend Casa Marina to anyone! It was truly a special weekend for us and I have Casa Marina & Carina to thank for that!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Laurence
05/18/2015

We stayed at Casa Marina Resort for 6 nights which was before and after our wedding. Even though our wedding was elsewhere we were treated like royalty, David from VIP delivered a chilled bottle of Champagne and balloons to our room the day after our wedding, Thank You. All staff at Casa Marina made our wedding, holiday, everything regarding our stay in Key West, fantastic. Thanks again

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I live in Tampa, FL so when we decided to get married in Key West we knew we had to make a fast and furious trip down to pick a venue. In two days I think we saw almost every possibility Key West had to offer. We were overwhelmed, tired, hot, and starting to question our decision to have a destination wedding. I had always dreamed of having a formal event, but was that even possible in Key West? The moment we got to our appointment at the Casa Marina we knew were in the right place. The outside entrance was a mix of old Hollywood glam meets Key West classy. The lobby is decorated in rich hard wood floors and tall ceilings. Reina Todd met us to walk us around the property, showing us breezeways accented by archways, long reflecting pools aside marble flooring and a private beach perfect for any ceremony. Our ballroom was classic and inviting. I even got goosebumps the first time I walked in. Not only were we so happy to get married there but we are already planning our anniversary trip back. Hopefully we will be one of those couples that celebrates their 50th there.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wow! Wow! My girlfriend and I are very familiar with Key West and we searched the island for the perfect wedding location, touring most of the major hotels. None of them had the views, the beach setting, and the picture perfect wedding location that the Casa did. Then we met Reina Todd their Catering Manager. What a blessing she is! She helped handle all of our questions and listened to our desires. What she did then is helped us have a wedding even better than we had dreamed. Our guests said the food was better than any event they had ever been too...and it was! There were challenges out of the hotels control (weather and a concert on the beach next door). But not to worry Reina was on top of it. We changed a few locations for the reception and it was fabulous. All of the staff from the servers to the chef to the managers treated our guests like royalty. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! When we look at our wedding pictures we will always be glad we selected the Casa Marina and that they had Reina Todd there to help us.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Casa Marina is a stunning venue for a wedding. I did not have to worry about a thing the week of the wedding (except maybe tan lines), and when I walked down that aisle and saw everything for the first time, it was absolutely breathtaking. We did a beachfront ceremony and cocktail reception, and dinner/dancing in the Flagler Ballroom once the sun set. Many of our guests commented on how the food was the best wedding food they've ever had. Everything was so well run, and the Casa team worked easily with our other vendors - Julie Shreck of Simply You, Milan Events, 1313 Photography, Studio Marie Pierre, Blue Stone Circle.

I want to specifically call out Reina Todd, Catering and Sales Manager at the Casa, who was fantastic to work with throughout the planning process, as well as the wedding week itself. She went above and beyond the event logistics to make the wedding weekend (and tasting weekend) an extremely special experience for us. When we were surprised about our suite accommodations upon arrival, she personally showed us multiple other suite layouts so that we could pick the one most comfortable for our week at the Casa. This made a huge difference in our stay, and we truly felt at home. Her attention to detail, willingness to go above and beyond, and availability to us made the Casa Marina a place we will never forget, and are sure to continue to visit throughout our lives.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could go on forever talking about what a pleasure it was to work with Reina and the rest of the Casa Marina team in planning for our March 2015 wedding. From the first step of the planning process when we toured Casa Marina, Reina was extremely thorough and answered all of our questions about the facility. From that point forward, Reina was extremely accessible and answered all of our silly and not so silly questions immediately.

Once we arrived in Key West for our wedding, Reina and the Casa Marina staff ensured that every single want or need we had was met. On the day of the wedding, the staff was SO attentive and made sure that everything was perfect for us. There was a second wedding reception taking place on the property at the same time as ours and we never would have known it. The food and service was EXCELLENT! We received so many compliments regarding the taste and quality of the food. In a nutshell, working with Casa Marina was so easy! They made a process that could have been really complicated and dreadful seem so simple and fun! Our wedding day was AMAZING and we owe so much of that to Reina and the Casa Marina Staff! Oh yeah... and Casa Marina itself is absolutely beautiful, but that is a given!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I hosted my wedding at the Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort. It was amazing in every way. The food, the staff, and the amenities were all perfect. The property is amazing and It all came together with the help of Jorge of Dream Occasions Studio and Alfredo of Couture Bridal Photography. Jorge of Dream Occasions took the vision I had of my wedding day at the Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort and was able to create the look and feel of exactly what I wanted. Alfredo of Couture Bridal Photography, most likely the best wedding photographer in south Florida captured every detail and emotion throughout my wedding day to provide me with images that are truly an artistic wedding day story. I recommend the Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, Dream Occasions Studio (www.DreamOccasionsStudioetc.com) and Alfredo (www.CoutureBridalPhotography.com) for any wedding anywhere!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It's hard to know where to start. My wedding was everything I wanted and more. Working with Reina was an absolute dream, I could not have asked for a better person to help us with our wedding. From our first tour of the property Reina put us right at ease, she talked through all of our options and helped us envision everything.

She was super responsive to every little question I had, and I had a lot of them. The whole contract process with about as painless as can be which was awesome. When we came in town to do the tasting she made it fun and another special experience for us to always remember. Also their chef is fantastic! We wanted to change some things on their offered menu and he was super accommodating. We have heard from so many people that this was the best food they have ever had at a wedding!

From Reina, to the chef, the event team, the doormen, EVERYONE was just wonderful to work with so happy and willing to help it was just amazing. All of our guests LOVED the whole experience and I just can't imagine having held our wedding anywhere other than the Casa Marina.

Kim
1 Review
01/30/2015

Carina and her staff were exceptional. The food was delicious . Throughout the process of planning the wedding, Monika with Swankkey Events;Carina
and the Casa Marina staff I would say it was a Perfect event. Thank you to all involved. Proud mother of the Bride. Kim

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Casa Marina is an idyllic location for a wedding reception. The property is beautiful and very elegant not the typical "Key West" location. We worked closely with Reina who was amazing! Every step of the way assisting us with recommendations based on her extensive experience. Reina went above and beyond to ensure everything went smoothly and as planned, the staff during the reception were exceptional! During the reception one of my bridesmaids spilt a whole glass of red wine down my dress, before I could turn around they were there with club soda and cloths to assist in the cleaning. They reset the table so that I could hardly notice the wine. The food was incredible, the chef will work closely to create a menu based around your taste and budget. I would highly recommend the Casa Marina and Reina!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

In my opinion the most beautiful place to get married in key west. Reina is a dream come true during the entire process. There are actually too many wonderful things to say about the Casa Marina so I will just leave it at that. :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The perfect Wedding Venue! Reina Todd is the best coordinator that you could ask for!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I fell in love with the Casa Marina on our first trip to Key West, Florida in 2013...so much so that we chose it to have our destination wedding at in June of 2014! The Casa Marina is an absolutely beautiful hotel with the most professional and courteous staff and breath-taking scenery. Our wedding reception was magical and my husband and I had the most perfect day! From our cocktail hour outside on Flagler's patio to the indoor reception in the Flagler's ballroom, the wedding was superb from start to finish! The entire event went flawlessly thanks to our event coordinator, Carina Primus. She is a gem and my husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about her! Carina is the epitome of professionalism, from her attentive emails and phone calls to her caring and efficient demeanor. We planned our wedding with Carina from New Jersey and there was no anxiety about the day thanks to the five-star service from Carina and the Casa Marina. Our families and friends raved about the food and service at our wedding. They also found the hotel and staff to be very accommodating and they keep commending us on planning such a fantastic destination wedding to Key West! From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you Casa Marina (and especially Carina!) for the most memorable and wonderful wedding day that we will all cherish forever!

Daryan
05/22/2014

Reina took very good care of us. She was on top of all details.

Evelyn
04/05/2014

Carina from Casa Marina was flawless from beginning to end. She made sure my wedding turned out perfect. Thank you so much! it was my dream wedding. there was nothing I requested, she did not do. She is amazing! I love her and the rest of the staff at Casa. The best choice I made in selecting a Venue for my wedding.

xoxoxo - 4-5-14
Evelyn and Tony

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I do not typically write reviews, especially the day after our wedding. However, if you are looking for an amazing venue, incredible staff and excellent food- this is the place to have your wedding. Not a thing went wrong on our wedding day and that is all because of the staff at this resort. Thank you so much!