Candace Jeffery Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Choosing your photographer is one of the most important aspects of wedding planning. This is exactly why we chose Candace Jeffery!

Candace Jeffery's work is truly remarkable. Both our engagement and wedding pictures are absolutely breathtaking. Candace and her husband Josh genuinely care about your day, and it's evidently clear that it isn't just a job for them. They are passionate about what they do and make you feel so relaxed and comfortable. They truly captured the essence of our day and I'm forever grateful for that.

We are very thankful to have chosen Candace Jeffery and would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to capture a special moment in their lives. There is no one else we would recommend as photographers, they are simply the best! We are sincerely lucky to have worked with Candace Jeffery and look forward to working with them again throughout the next milestones in our lives (maternity shoot, baby photos, and more!)

Services Used: Photography

Candace and Josh were wonderful to work with, and their work was extraordinary! As photographers, they were very discrete, making sure that our event wasn't just about the photo shots, yet, they captured all the best moments of our day. We love the blog photos on their site. Family and friends are able to see the pictures anytime they want. The day goes so fast and all we have left are our memories. Thank you, Candace and Josh, for memorializing our day! - Renée and Nii

Profile Picture
Caitlin
10/12/2013

I have followed Candace and Josh's work for a long time. When my husband and I got engaged and set a date, I called Candace immediately! I had never met her before but was so excited to hear she had availability for our wedding day. We met at our engagement shoot, which she made so easy & fun!
I want all future brides that are looking for the perfect photographer, or have already booked Candace & Josh, to know that these two are extremely professional and down to earth. They honestly have a way of making you feel like you are the only wedding they have ever photographed. That alone makes them so special and unique from any other photographers! Your wedding day & satisfaction is obviously very important to them.
Having Candace & Josh as our photographers was honestly the one thing we really didn't have to worry about during our wedding planning process. And we ALL know there's a lot to worry about! ;). They are perfectionists and make sure they capture every moment. I have gotten so many compliments on our engagement shoot alone and actually had guests at our wedding who were watching our slideshow ask me, "who are your photographers? these pictures are unbelievable."
Their work speaks for itself, but its the quality of their service that we appreciated most! We are so grateful to have life long memories in the most amazing wedding photos. Thank you Candace & Josh!!

Services Used: Photography

I cant recommend Candace Jeffery Photography enough! She has such a talent and vision for every bride & groom. We were so happy with how our engagement session came out as well as our wedding photos. She captured every moment and some stand out pictures that we will have for a lifetime. Anyone looking for a photographer who is so sweet, great to work with, has talent, and is creative this is the photographer to go with! Candace gave us photos that we love and will cherish for years to come! We loved working with her and thank her for her amazing photos!!!

Services Used: Photography

Candace Jeffery came highly recommended to me from a friend. I liked what I saw from looking at her website so I called to inquire. We met with Candace and her husband Josh at their home studio for a consultation and loved their work. We were between two photographers and ended booking Candace Jeffery as her work was superior. Although she knew we were considering another vendor, she never pressured us into signing on. We did an engagement shoot and were nervous at first as my husband and I had never been professionally photographed together. Candace made us feel relaxed and guided us through so the nervousness went away in about 5 minutes. The engagement and wedding photos came out beautiful and we received many compliments. Vendor was responsive to email and delivered final product before the promised date. I liked our engagement photos so much that I ended up doing a boudoir shoot as a wedding gift for my husband. Another nerve-racking experience, but again, Candace made me feel comfortable and my husband loved the photos. We will absolutely be contacting Candace Jeffery for our future photography needs.

Services Used: Photography

I cannot praise Candace, Josh, and Maegan enough, and would highly recommend them to all future brides and grooms. Every aspect of my interaction with Candace was simply outstanding. Candace is incredibly communicative and responsive via email and phone. Any time I had an idea or a question - she was there with the answer.

In-person, Candace and Josh are friendly and professional yet easy-going. On the day of the wedding, Candace and Josh made everyone feel very at ease and they were so knowledgeable about making the photos look the best. Candace had us fill out a detailed form of what we wanted photos of on the wedding day - this was a brilliant idea - I didn't have to think about ANY of the portraits or the still shots of "things" I wanted - it was all taken care of beforehand.

Candace has an amazing eye. Our engagement photos came out so beautiful. Even when the weather didn't want us to have engagement photos. (we were rained out 2 times, and Candace not only rescheduled each time, but ended up coming to NYC because it was easier for us)
She also takes a great combination of "artistic" photos, candids, and portraits.

Also, I want to mention I am writing this review just 2 weeks after my wedding. I haven't seen one photo yet, but I know they will be exactly what we wanted. I know Candace, Josh, and Maegan took amazing photos - I don't need them in my hands to write this review. They are a stellar crew.

Candace has very competitive prices, particularly when you consider the quality of her work and business. I feel I got an excellent value for my investment.

Simply put, I cannot recommend Candace, Josh, or Maegan more highly. I believe all future brides and grooms would be thrilled to work with them.

Services Used: Photography

I cannot say enough wonderful things about CJP's work. Before we booked them, we had the advantage of seeing their work speak for itself at a wedding two years prior our own wedding and were very impressed with their photos. Candace and Josh are amazing to work with and they are incredibly flexible. When we booked them for our wedding almost a year in advance, we also set aside a few potential dates the during the slower winter season to do our engagement shoot. Since we really wanted to have our engagement pictures on a day with a fresh snow on the ground, Candace was willing to work around a few days to make it happen (despite the fact that we live almost two hours away from them); we really appreciated their flexibility! Throughout the whole time, Candace was completely responsive and professional to any and all requests or modifications to our package. On the days of our engagement shoot and wedding, Candace and Josh kept us completely at ease. Outside of our portraits, it almost felt like they weren't even there (I mean this, of course, in the best possible way). The pictures they took were amazing; Candace truly has an eye for lighting and a gift with the camera. Considering the volume of pictures they took (over 100 photos per hour), I was floored by how many of the pictures turned out well; it will be tough to narrow it down to just 40-50 photos for an album! Moreover, I loved how they managed to take pictures that suited everyone's taste (i.e.- some artistic pictures for me, some photo-journalist shots for my husband, and some traditional portraits for our parents). All in all, I would HIGHLY recommend Candace Jeffery Photography to anyone looking for preserve the memory of their wedding with the perfect keepsake that will last a lifetime.

Profile Picture
Laura
06/23/2013

Candace and Josh are extremely talented! We hired them for our wedding and am extremely amazed by the pictures. We look like models! They captured all our thoughts, feelings and emotions of our day. Amazing photographers.

Services Used: Photography

Candace Jeffery Photography is the very best in the profession! One piece of advice that I would offer every bride is to be sure that you invest in a talented photographer - Candace and her husband are just that and SO much more! Candace and Josh made my husband and I (as well as our bridal party, family and friends) feel so comfortable and relaxed the entire day of the wedding. Candace was very responsive and extremely professional throughout the planning process, yet at the same time so much fun - I felt like she was part of the bridal party the day of the wedding, it wouldn't have been the same without her there! They captured every single detail and each beautiful memory from our special day in their photos and we couldn't be more grateful that we have such amazing photos to cherish forever. I highly recommended Candace Jeffery Photography to all brides and I hope to work with them in the future for other special events!

Services Used: Photography

Candace was a dream to work with from the beginning! From our first consultation with her and Josh, we knew we wanted to work with them. We booked them within a few days of meeting them and began planning our engagement shoot! We had the best time! Candace and Josh made us both feel comfortable and we never felt posed. We used our engagement pictures throughout the details of our wedding day. On our wedding day, Candace arrived 30min before she was scheduled and went right to work! I was amazed by this! We barely knew she was taking photos of us as we prepped and got dressed. She never once made me or my girls uncomfortable. Fast forward throughout the day and again we barely knew she or Josh were photographing us! During our reception they chose photos from throughout the day to display and thats when I truly fell in love! I could not believe how gorgeous our photos were! I cried as I watched my wedding photos displayed on the screen for all my guests to enjoy. Everyone could not stop commenting on what beautiful work Candace does! She has been so easy to get in contact with throughout the whole planning process and even helped me make our day-of timeline. I absolutely will recommend Candace to every bride I know. I'm looking forward to future life events just to work with her again!

Services Used: Photography

I spent hours trawling the internet for the right photographer for our intimate wedding. I compared every photographer in Connecticut (and beyond). We wanted something modern, creative, and original, with traditional touches, and Candace’s work was exactly what we had in mind. Candace was very accommodating, giving us any information we needed before we booked. The transaction was smooth and professional even though we made the arrangements from England.

Candace and her assistant Kasey were amazing on our wedding day, and we will always be grateful for their work. They were kind, patient, and most importantly, listened to us. They worked in perfect sync with one another, making it seem effortless as they moved from place to place, recording our wedding day from every angle. After being with Candace and Kasey for a few minutes, it was as if I’d known them all my life, it was a pleasure to share our day with them.

Candace’s photographs are beautiful, artistic, and timeless. We have a stunning album that people are always, massively impressed with, and that we will be proud to show our future grandchildren. She photographed the important things, the sentiment, as well as the finer details of the day. Amazingly Candace was able to capture the intimate moments we remembered, as if she was standing right there next to us, and seeing what we were seeing. Candace had clearly perfected the art of predicting, and capturing heartfelt moments, as she recorded meaningful expressions in the seconds that they passed our faces.

Candace sees opportunity in the ordinary, and uses the location, light, color and texture to the optimum, making her work breath-taking. She has an immense amount of talent, of which you’d expect from a photographer three times her age, and with a lifetime of experience. I’m sure she makes many a photographer envious.

Any photographer can take a good picture, but I doubt they could capture a moment in time, as beautifully as Candace Jeffery.

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I got married Friday, September 7, 2012 in Hartford, CT. We had the privilege of working with Candace and Josh Jeffery of Candace Jeffery photography. I have to admit, I stalked Candace’s work before choosing her to be our photographer for our special day. There wasn’t one thing I didn’t like while looking through her many portfolios online. It seemed as though every picture told a story and that is what sold us! We meet with both Candace and Josh and could tell right away we would all work really well together. Their professional yet friendly attitudes was exactly what we were looking for. They really went out of their way to ensure we would be getting exactly what we wanted on our wedding day and even provided suggestions for other vendors. On the day of our wedding, Candace and Josh showed up on time and ready to work. Like most brides, I was feeling a bit nervous but as soon as Candace started to do what she does best, my nerves were lifted and I really had the best time. Both Candace and Josh made my husband and I feel really comfortable and I think that shows through in all our pictures. They are absolutely incredible at what they do and could not be happier with the pictures they captured. We didn’t have a videographer at our wedding but I truly think the pictures they captured told the beautiful story of our wedding day. I would highly recommended Candace Jeffery Photographer to anyone who is interested in getting incredible photos for any special event. I hope to work with them in the future ;)

Candace Jeffery Photograhy

I had been following them for 3 years, when I saw my first Candace Jeffrey wedding I was absolutely hooked on their photos. I have seen every wedding they have done for 3 years and finally my own this past September 1st. They are the sweetest people, and really take the time and effort into giving you your vision in photos. I have gotten so many compliments on the style and type of photos they produce! You will not be dissapointed and worth every single penny!!!!!!!! I will use them again and again for any event that comes up from a Trash The Dress to Baby photos!

Services Used: Photography

Candace and Josh were absolutely amazing to work with!! They were flexible, professional, had some great suggestions and I just love the style of their photography. As soon as I met them, I knew they'd be perfect.

They were unobtrusive, creative and made us feel very comfortable throughout the whole evening.
I wanted to take some photos at night in downtown Hartford and Candace provided some great ideas of where to take the photos before and during the reception.

Their level of professionalism, experience, knowledge, attention to detail and their personalities in general make them such a joy to work with.
I will definitely be recommending them to all my girlfriends when they start to plan their weddings! Thanks so much C & J!!

Services Used: Photography

I had known before we were even engaged that I wanted Candace Jeffery as our wedding photographers. A few friends had booked Candace Jeffery for their weddings and their work was breathtaking! I love photography and having really good and talented photographers was my #1 as far as importance for the wedding... more important than the venue, day of the week, or dress. I knew if I had Candace Jeffery at our wedding it would look beautiful no matter what. This said... Candace Jeffery was the first thing we booked. We met with both Candace and Josh at the consultation. Their studio in their home is welcoming, modern, and artistic. Our engagement shoot was a ton of fun! Both Candace and Josh were there and we had a blast! Candace and I met before the wedding to talk about a timeline for the day. She not only gave me advice around taking pictures for our wedding day, but she gave me hints and pointers about other things that I asked about regarding the wedding. The day of the wedding, she was beyond helpful... she helped me with my dress and veil throughout the day... I should have had her as a bridesmaid! She wasn't only like this with me... she was very helpful to two of my friends who also had her as a photographer. She just went above and beyond her role as a photographer. Candace and Josh are an awesome, young, talented and fun couple. They are people you want to hand out with on a Friday night and people who you want to shoot your wedding. Their work is beautiful and unique. I can't tell you all the compliments we have had on our engagement pictures and now wedding pictures. We LOVE how our wedding pictures came out! Candace Jeffery Photography is the BEST!!!

Services Used: Photography

From start to finish, Candace was very professional in every aspect. On the actual day she dealt with the heat and humidity as well as our unruly guests with patience and poise. Candace and Josh secured beautiful shots and communicated with us throughout that day to make sure that any additional shots were acquired. We highly recommend them.