Blend Make-up Artistry

Blend Make-up Artistry

Specializing in flawless and romantic bridal airbrush make-up.

DC 20001 | map
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the pleasure of working both Ryan and Kathy at Blend. Ryan did my makeup for our engagement pics, and because she was already booked for our wedding date, her partner (and mom) Kathy did the wedding day makeup. Both of them are fantastic. They are true artists in every sense of the word. We looked beautiful (if I do say so myself! :-) These ladies are very professional and they make working with them enjoyable. Whether it's putting on soothing music while doing your make up, or connecting through casual conversation, these ladies will put you at ease and getting your makeup done fun and enjoyable. I really liked the airbrush technique they use. I cried on multiple occasions after having my makeup applied, and it did not run at all. Kathy also used the same color scheme on all my girls, but tweaked each one slightly so we were not all the same "cookie cutter" looking makeup. She also did my mom's makeup for the wedding day, and I have never seen her look more beautiful. You should definitely book Kathy, Ryan, or one of her team members for your special day! You will be so glad you did.

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough good things about Kathy and how wonderful she was leading up to and on my wedding day. She is truly a treasure and any bride would be lucky to work with her. At my makeup trial, she was very attentive to what I wanted and based on a small photo on my phone was able to create exactly the look I wanted. On my wedding day, Kathy did makeup for my mom, my mother-in-law, my two sisters and my best friend, as well as lashes for two of my other bridesmaids. She was so cheerful and easy to talk to that everyone instantly felt comfortable with her. She also, at my request, completely covered up my wrist tattoo so that you couldn't even tell it was there. But maybe the best thing about working with Kathy was that she made me feel beautiful both inside and out. My makeup was my favorite part of my bridal look and really made the day special. I am so happy that I chose Blend for my wedding makeup and would recommend their services in a heartbeat.

Blend Make-up Artistry responded with the following comments:

Awww..thank you Katie. You were and always will be one of my favorite people to work with. Looking forward to first anniversary makeup!
Kathy

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Ryan from Blend for my wedding day make-up and I could not be happier with how my make-up turned out! It was exactly what I wanted and I looked like a glammed up version of myself :) She was been so sweet throughout the entire process, from trial to my wedding day, and I couldn't recommend her enough!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kathy Schultz did an absolutely outstanding job on my makeup for my wedding. Not only did she do an outstanding job with the way that i looked, she was such a calm and warming person to have around on the most special day of your life! I can not imagine using anyone else. She truly is the best! I HIGHLY recommend her.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Marquia is amazing! Super friendly and laid back. She did the makeup for myself, mom, MOH, and my aunt. We all looked amazing and received a million complements throughout the night.

• Wedding: 08/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am obsessed with Marquia! She does incredible work and will make you feel like a princess leading up to and on your wedding day. She is very sweet and pleasant to be around, she works quickly, and she has lots of little tricks up her sleeve. I think the two best things she did on my big day were the expertly applied and very natural looking false lashes, and of course the airbrush makeup, which she was also generous enough to use to hide a prominent scar in the middle of my back. I received so many compliments on my makeup and that I looked "radiant," "glowing," and "stunning." I owe a lot of that to Marquia because I had been battling some hormonal acne, my eyes were still swollen from an emotional rehearsal dinner the night before, and I had not gotten nearly enough sleep when I sat in her chair. She will transform you, in the best way possible! I looked at several other makeup artists in the area and am confident that Blend will give you the best value for the level of artistry you are getting as well.

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Blend for our wedding day make-up needs for me, my six bridesmaids, my mother, and my flower girl. Kathy was awesome! All of the girls have extremely different styles. She understood the look that all of us were going for and at the same time managed to make sure that they all looked like they belonged together. I cannot say enough about how much everyone enjoyed having Kathy do their make-up!

Brittany
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot recommend Blend Make-up and Marquia enough. All of my girls looked beautiful and I've had a few people ask who did our make up. She is so personable and it was wonderful and relaxing to have her there on our wedding day. You can't go wrong with Blend Make-Up and ask for Marquia!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kathy was absolutely amazing! I was a little worried because I'm not used to wearing makeup, but when we first met at my trial session, Kathy was so incredibly nice and friendly that she immediately put me at ease, and her encouraging words made me feel a lot more confident. I also emailed her a few days before the wedding with some adjustments that I wanted on my wedding day look, and she was very professional and accommodating to my requests. On the day of the wedding, I absolutely LOVED my makeup and was ecstatic at how natural and beautiful it turned out. The airbrush makeup made my skin look flawless all day, and I was especially amazed at Kathy's talent on my eye makeup (I have Asian monolids). Kathy also did a fantastic job on my bridesmaids, my mother, and my husband's mother, and she was very patient with all of them as they asked for adjustments and touch-ups. I am so thankful to Kathy for making me look beautiful on my wedding day, and I highly recommend her!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ryan is a makeup genius!! She was able to excute the exact look I envisioned just by explaining the details of my wedding. She is super sweet and was a pleasure to work with. She always responded promply to my emails, despite having her own wedding a month before mine. My entire bridal party keeps raving about how amazing their makeup was and how we want to have Ryan over for a wine night to teach us all how she did it. The airbrush lasted all through the wedding and even at 2am when we all left the afterparty. She was flexible about the girls deciding last minute if they wanted eyelashes and she stayed late to fixed up my mom's makeup. I highly recommend Ryan as your wedding day makeup artist. I would give her more than five stars if I could!

• Wedding: 05/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My original hair and makeup vendor canceled on my 10 days before my wedding. A friend highly recommended Marquia and her team and I called her in a panic to see if they could step in. Luckily, Ryan was available on short notice and was basically my beauty godmother.
Although I work as a makeup artist on the side, I didn’t want to deal with the hassle and stress of doing my own make up. I am difficult to work with because I am incredibly picky and I have monolids, but Ryan was able to create the exact look I had always imagined and glammed up my entire bridal party too. She definitely exceeded my expectations!

I can’t thank Blend enough for being such an awesome team, for being able to take me and my bridal party on such short notice, and for being the only make up team that I can trust in the DMV.

Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Blend was the best! Kathy did the most beautiful job on me, my five bridesmaids, my mother, and my mother-in-law. She is extremely talented and her warm personality set everybody at ease. I received many compliments on how stunning my bridal party looked. I would highly recommend her and Blend to other brides!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I'm so happy I went with Marquia as my engagement picture and wedding make-up artist! Not only did she do a fantastic job applying make-up on my girls and I, but she is so sweet and down to earth and had a great time with us the morning of the wedding! My bridesmaids, mother in law and myself all have different skin types, colors and personal styles and Marquia was able to tailor her techniques to fit each of us. Marquia was recommended to me by a friend whose wedding she did the year before and I would definitely recommend her as well!! Thank you, Marquia!!

• Wedding: 05/10/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

You guys were so nice and did a fabulous job on everyone's makeup for the wedding! We all felt beautiful! Thanks so much for being prompt and professional!

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What an amazing artist to be able to transform not only the bride into an image of perfection on her wedding day ( she's young and pretty to start)…but you also produced the same magic for the aunts and mothers. You made us look lovely and feel lovely! You have beautiful technique but you also possess that illusive quality to know what works best with different skin and faces, to bring out the best in each individual. And you are such fun to work with…would love to do it again! We all looked our best thank to Katherine! We highly recommend you.

Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I used Blend on the recommendation of a few friends who had used their services, so I was excited to use them because I knew they did good work. Unfortunately (for me), I was getting married the same weekend that Ryan was getting married, so I wasn't able to use the original person I had planned on. BUT, that worked out just fine because Amanda was WONDERFUL. My wedding day make up was absolutely perfect, and she made my bridesmaids and mom look wonderful. She listened to what I asked for, and wanted to change from our make up trial, and it worked out beautifully. My make up lasted all day and I got so many compliments! I highly recommend Blend!

• Wedding: 04/12/2014
323-379-5143
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards