Reviews (6)
Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Black Fig was one of the first vendors I nailed down while planning our wedding. I had heard nothing but great things, and I knew I had to use them. Velma was extremely helpful in putting together multiple menu options of foods that would mesh well together. She was also completely unfazed at my wanting to change one of the appetizer options just 10 days before the wedding. The thought of not trying the food that so many people will be eating at the reception can be an uneasy one, but I am so glad I did not let that deter me from using Black Fig. I am still hearing how much better the food was than other wedding caterers'. For any future catering needs I may have, I'll be using Black Fig.
Wedding: 05/10/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am so pleased with the food and service Black Fig provided for our wedding! We met with three catering companies and went with Black Fig because they were willing to work within our budget and other people had spoken highly of them.
I corresponded mostly through email about nailing down a menu and pricing. We we were able to taste some of the food, although not specifically what we wanted to have for our wedding. The tasting provided a good idea of the quality of the food though and gave me ideas on possible menu items.
On the wedding day, several people commented on how good the food tasted and the groom and I completely agreed! I really wanted to do a sit down dinner, but it was out of our budget. I had visions of ugly chafing dishes for a buffet, but I was pleasantly surprised that the buffet presentation looked much more elegant than I thought was possible! Black Fig had beautiful serving dishes set up for most items and the food beautifully arranged. The entire staff were so professional I hardly noticed their presence, yet plates were cleared and things cleaned up to a spotless shine.
I am so happy we used Black Fig and highly recommend them!
Wedding: 11/17/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We came to Black Fig after our original plan (reserved for months and months) fell through. Needless to say, we were a very last minute request. They squeezed their catering schedule on a very busy weekend and exceeded our expectations. Everyone raved about the food and service! Their pin wheels and bacon infused blue cheese dip are a MUST among everything else they made! They rocked it!
Wedding: 11/09/2013
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Robin 5 Reviews
We loved Black Figs catering at our wedding. All of our guest raved on how great the food was. Which can be hard for a buffet style meal. Paula was amazingly easy to work with and very responsive. She met with us and worked to create a meal geared around our favorite foods.

They also packed up all the leftovers and gave them to someone to take home. We had food for over a week!

We will use Black Fig for all of our catering in the future.
Wedding: 04/20/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Paula and her team are amazing! Delicious food. Highly recommend.
Wedding: 10/29/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Paula and her staff are amazing. The food was absolutely delicious and we were very pleased with the service as well.
Wedding: 10/29/2011