Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel

Flexibility
4.7
Private User
Recently Married

This is the perfect place for a wedding! The staff is fantastic and the co-ordinator even help to facilitate space for the band, whose leader thought it too small.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had my rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception all at the Antrim. First of all I have been going to the Antrim with my family since I was 16 for birthdays/ anniversaries/ other special occasions and I knew the Antrim was the only place I wanted to get married. The Antrim is absolutely breathtaking during all the seasons. The staff is very welcoming and accommodating. I've never had anything but exceptional meals at the Antrim.
Trish, our wedding coordinator, was an absolute pleasure to work with!! Trish is very professional and knowledgeable. Trish was always available to answer any questions I had, was able to give great recommendations and the best part is she was super calm and was able to resolve any issues/conflicts that came up during the rehearsal and the wedding day. I cannot say enough good things about Trish, loved her!!!
Rehearsal was a perfect start to the wedding weekend, food was amazing and we even were able to have a whole room to ourselves.
Of course getting married on the biggest snow day of the year will always present some challenges. I had major issues with the shuttle I contracted with (no relationship with the Antrim) to bring my guests, however, Trish took care of everything and made sure guests arrived and were picked up afterwards. The ceremony was absolutely gorgeous. Chef Spencer provided amazing food, soo many guests said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. The reception was absolutely beautiful, the staff were amazing, Rita our bartender was an absolute gem. There is absolutely nothing negative I could say about my experience with the Antrim; I would highly recommend the Antrim, it is truly a magical place.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our daughter had an evening wedding at the Antrim 1844 on December 14, 2014. It was the most amazing wedding from start to finish. First of all, anyone marrying at the Antrim in December will benefit from the beautiful Christmas decorations all around the property. The Christmas trees in the drawing rooms of the mansion were totally amazing and only enhanced the beauty of the photographs. The pavilion looked amazing with, again, all of the Christmas decorations. Everything was perfect from the ceremony to the sparkler send-off. Our wedding coordinator, Beth Pumphrey, couldn't have been better. She was so helpful and responsive to all of our questions and concerns. We had no worries that the day would be perfect. She was there from the beginning to the end ensuring that everything went smoothly and without a hitch. Of course, the food was outstanding! Also, the bridal suite was so beautiful and inviting, I can't imagine any bride not wanting to spend her first night there. If you truly want to see how beautiful this day was, take a look at the photographer's website (www.jennifersmutek.com) under blog.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is hands down the best venue to have your wedding! We fell in love with it the first time we went and didn't look anywhere else. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and there are so many different photo opportunities and so much history. The staff is amazing and Beth Pumphrey who was our wedding coordinator made everything so easy and was so responsive to the millions of questions we had through out the planning process. Chef Spencer also makes amazing food and has so many ideas to make the food you love for your special night. Highley recommend!!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I HIGHLY recommend the Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel to anyone planning a wedding. Our wedding coordinator, Trish, was on top of her game from the planning to running the rehearsal to making sure that everyone was right where they were supposed to be the entire day of the wedding. The food is incredible, the property is gorgeous, the rooms are awesome, and the entire place is like a fairytale setting. The staff is exceptional, and you can't get the organization and professionalism for that price anywhere else. As a bride planning the entire event from California, I am very thankful for Trish. She did such a wonderful job and we owe her so much. My husband and I already want to go back! Such a wonderful venue, I can't praise them enough.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely beautiful. We were going for a vintage/garden theme with our wedding so this definitely fit all of the requirements. Our guest could not stop complimenting on how beautiful the venue was. And that our wedding was the best they've ever been to. I highly recommend staying at the venue in one of the mansion bedrooms. We had the mansion booked for the whole weekend for our parents and the wedding party. This allowed us to have breakfast together every morning and for everyone to already be at the venue for the rehearsal dinner. The food was excellent. Best food I've had in a really long time. Definitely not your typically bland wedding food. We'll definitely be booking this venue to celebrate our future anniversaries.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot say enough about Antrim 1844 and the wonderful experience we had for my daughter's recent wedding. Everything from the venue, staff, rooms, and catering were 100% top notch. Our coordinator Elizabeth F was truly a lifesaver and just made sure everything was perfect that day from setting up the reception to the minute by minute details of the day. She was amazing. Having everything in one place is wonderful. I would highly recommend the Antrim to anyone looking for the best wedding venue in Maryland.
Thank you - One Happy Mother of the Bride (J)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

I cannot imagine changing a single thing about my wedding day. The food is absolutely amazing and as I went around to greet each table all the guests were talking about. Beth made everything go so smoothly. She always responds to your emails and is willing to do whatever she can to make your day effortless and yours! The one thing everyone kept talking about after the wedding was how nice all the staff was and the only regret our parents had was not staying at Antrim for longer because it was so worth it! Greg the one who sets up your bar is also willing to work with you and so personable. I could go on and on and on but the bottom line is Antrim is he perfect place to have a wedding and I am so glad we chose them as our venue!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Antrim 1844 was the perfect wedding venue. Everything went smoothly, from the first meeting to the day after the event. The space was beautiful and required minimal outside decorations. The staff was incredibly nice, helpful, and accommodating. Not only did they meet the needs of my bride and I, but they were responsive and helpful to family and guests!

Beth, our coordinator, was outstanding. She seriously is worth the price of admission alone. She was responsive to my wife's emails at all times. She also provided a guiding hand where needed, offering experienced and expert advice in the planning stages. She was able to clearly state what the various options and charges were as well, and many of my guests commented on her unobtrusive direction on the day of the ceremony.

The food was very good, and for the price better than other venues that offer on-site catering. It was very fresh, having been prepared in the on-site kitchen, rather than shipped from somewhere else. The menu options were fantastic as well.

The single regret I heard from my guests was that more of them wished they booked rooms at the onsite bed and breakfast, rather than nearby hotels. The ones who did stay onsite were incredibly satisfied by the excellent rooms and service they experienced the day after the ceremony.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I held my reception at Antrim in July 2014. It was truly the location of my dreams. I was drawn to Antrim for several reasons: The STUNNING manicured gardens, the bountiful and colorful flowers, the one stop shop all-inclusive venue coordination, the ability for our guests to spend the night, the fact that they host one wedding per day, the ability for our guests to roam around the grounds rather than be stuck in one room, and finally, the hospitality of the venue.

The wedding day was magical. The only thing I wish for is that we could have had more time in the day. We felt totally taken care of and all of our personal touches were executed perfectly. In example, we set up a sangria bar with the restaurant manager, Greg. Our guests RAVED about them! We also gave detailed instructions on how our decor should be set up; Each instruction was followed to the "T". The food was just as delicious as it was on our tasting day.

There were a few hiccups along the way, however. I had arranged in advance to pay for my parents to accompany my fiance and I to the tasting, but the server handed my parents the check, with their tabs included, and asked them to remember to tip on the full amount. I was horrified. But, the situation was immediately resolved after speaking with my coordinator and Greg. There was also a grumpy front desk staff member that was less than kind to my parents the night of the wedding when they asked for an extra blanket. It was just so weird to meet these people at Antrim because EVERYONE else was just so perfect and an ace at customer service! A couple of bad eggs could not ruin our experience, though!

In the end, I would not hesitate to hold my reception at Antrim again. I wish I could get stuck in a wedding purgatory, where I could do it over and over again :). My fiance and I look forward to returning there on our anniversaries.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We planned our wedding remote from TX. We flew into MD in March to walk through the snowy grounds trying to picture what it would look like in June. Our original wedding planner left for a new job a month or so later but Trish stepped in and was marvelous. We were able to drop ship some decorations and she was great at keeping us all on time on the day of the wedding. The location, grounds and 6-course meal were incredible. We highly recommend the open bar and wine service. The hotels pastry chef, Monique, made us a to die-for custom gluten free coconut cake! Every guest loved it. We had a small wedding, 11 total guests, so we were able to take advantage of dining in the wine cellar. Gorgeous! We hired the maintenance crew to string the lights and lanterns in the big tree in the shade garden where we had the ceremony and they even took then down and shipped everything back to us.
All in all, a picture perfect day!
All our guests felt like they were at a celebrity wedding.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The entire staff of Antrim 1844 and our wonderful wedding coordinator, Beth Pumphrey, gave my husband and I the wedding of our dreams. The grounds were beautiful, the staff hospitable, and the food was amazingly delicious. Beth made sure that no detail was overlooked and was extremely flexible as we planned our wedding from out of town. She was very patient throughout the planning process and her calm, cool, and collected personality kept me relaxed on the big day. Beth was extremely knowledgeable and had so many amazing tips and ideas. I felt totally confident going into our wedding day knowing that she was our coordinator. We'd also like to thank Antrim's restaurant manager, Greg Watson, who made sure that we had the perfect bar choices to accompany our menu. Everyone at Antrim was extremely professional, helpful, and knowledgeable. We have received so many compliments and cannot thank you enough for making our dream wedding a reality!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We visited Antrim after seeing it advertised in a bridal magazine - thinking that there was no way we could afford it. We were paying for the wedding on our own so good value was very important to us. I fell in love with the grounds immediately and upon receiving a proposal, realized that the cost was completely reasonable for everything that Antrim includes! No rental fee, a wedding coordinator (ours was Elizabeth who was completely AMAZING), food, drinks, a complimentary bridal suite...the list goes on and on.

Prior to the wedding, everyone told me, "Something will go wrong on your wedding day." At Antrim - NOTHING went wrong. And if it did, the staff made sure to fix it without us noticing!! Our guests continue to tell us how amazing the service was. They rave about the food. They keep commenting on the beauty of the grounds and the uniqueness of the rooms on the property. Everyone was completely blown away by Antrim and its staff.

One word of advice - there are a few wedding coordinators and any bride can "reserve" rooms on the property at any time. If you know you want to reserve rooms on the Antrim grounds for the big day (which I HIGHLY recommend), do it ASAP! You have flexibility up to a few weeks before the wedding date, so reserve as many rooms as you think you will need. This was the only hiccup in our entire wedding planning and unfortunately it was one that our coordinator could do nothing about. We were still able to accommodate all of our out of town guests regardless!

I would recommend Antrim 1844 to ANYONE looking for a unique wedding venue. There are so many options for ceremony/reception/rehearsal locations - it really makes you feel like your wedding is unique - which it is! They far exceeded our expectations in every aspect of our wedding and we have wonderful memories because of it.

Nicole
05/18/2014

My husband and I literally had a perfect wedding! The venue was beautiful, the food was excellent, the staff was amazing, and our coordinator, Elizabeth Fortier, could not have been more helpful and professional. BEST WEDDING EVER!

Angie
05/09/2014

Our wedding at the Antrim 1844 was amazing! All the guests loved the property grounds, mansion and ballroom. Everyone said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding! By far the best wedding venue around! Yes, it can seem pricey... But for the services and atmosphere, you just can't beat it. Our wedding coordinator was Beth Pumphrey. We LOVED her! From the first time my husband and I went to the Antrim to meet her, to the day after the wedding, we felt like she really cared about making our wedding day the best day of our lives! Don't think twice about the Antrim, just book it!

Private User
1+ year ago

We had an incredible experience at the Antrim. Many of our guests stayed overnight at the Antrim and are still raving about their experience. It was a beautiful wedding and weekend.

The planning was fantastic, the chefs worked with us to create a menu that worked best for our guests and our tastes, and the wedding planners made sure everything was organized with the logistics. We ended up working with 2 different coordinators, as one received a promotion during our planning. The transition was smooth and seamless and Elizabeth did an amazing job making sure that our day was beautiful. The biggest complement that we could give was that they actually cared. We were able to build relationships during our planning process and they made us feel that we were not 'another wedding' but that they truly cared about making it wonderful. They really took care of everything!!

The food was delicious, the staff was incredible, and the grounds are fantastic. We would highly recommend having your wedding at the Antrim - they will work with you no matter how small/simple or elaborate you are looking for.