Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel

Flexibility:
 (4.7/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
We recently had our daughter's wedding at the Antrim 1844 Country Hotel and it was a wonderful experience from start to finish! It is a spectacular venue and Elizabeth Fortier, our wedding coordinator was extremely professional and gracious to work with, handling every detail to our satisfaction and far beyond. The new Chef, Spencer Wolff, helped our daughter and her fiancee craft a menu for the cocktail hour and wedding dinner that was absolutely delicious. Many of our guests said it was the best food that they had ever had at a wedding. All the staff were helpful and well-trained. We looked at other venues and The Antrim 1844 was by far the best and an extremely good value for everything that is included. We would give it many more stars than 5 if we could!
Wedding: 12/27/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our winter wedding (ceremony and reception) at the Antrim 1844, and it was AMAZING. Elizabeth, our wedding coordinator, worked with me for a year while we planned the wedding. She handled everything on the day of and everything went perfectly. Beautiful venue, and our guests couldn't get over how romantic and beautiful the setting was!
Wedding: 12/27/2013

Liz T 3 Reviews
We had our winter wedding at Antrim 1844. We chose it because the venue is beautiful, we could have the ceremony and reception in one location, our guests could stay overnight, and we were able to work with their chef to build our menu from the ground up.

Beth, our wedding coordinator, was an absolute joy to work with. She was able to answer my questions throughout the entire process and offered ideas when I needed help. In the days prior to the wedding she was a huge help, and she made everything run beautifully from start to finish the day of the wedding. She is wonderful at her job and with everyone she encounters. Everything was exactly as I had imagined.

Every member of the staff that we encountered was friendly, professional, and went above and beyond to make it an easy and special experience for us. The food is absolutely amazing as well.

The rooms are beautiful, and definitely have an older charm. No tvs or phones in rooms, but we didn't miss them. I loved this venue and would choose to have our wedding there all over again if we could. We will definitely come back for future anniversaries.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Antrim made our wedding day so amazing! We cannot thank them enough for going that extra mile for us! Thank you sooooo much!

Mary and Tim
Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If I could put 12 stars for each category I would. We had out ceremony & reception at Antrim. It was everything we could have asked for. The hotel & grounds are beautiful. The staff is friendly and helpful. Everything about the day was fabulous. Our Coordinator, Delynn was the most wonderful person to work with. She was professional, sweet, attentive, amazing, calm, organized, wonderful & focused on making this day everything it could be. Guest & family are still talking about the wedding & saying it was one of the best they have ever attended. I cant recommend Antrim enough & definitely go see Delynn!!!!
Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot describe how wonderful our wedding at Antrim 1844 was. Our coordinator, Beth P., was absolutely amazing to work with! She was so responsive and willing to answer any questions and help in any way. Our wedding was had without a single hiccup and it was most due to Beth's experience and ability!

We also were amazed with how BEAUTIFUL the venue was. The food, wait staff and service, coordination, manager team and rooms were impeccable. We had guests coming up to us non-stop throughout the night to tell us how beautiful, well-executed, and amazing the event was. I highly recommend this venue to any engaged couple! We will definitely be back for dinner and a romantic weekend getaway. Every single worry is taken care of and coordinated with the venu -- it's amazing!

Don't just look at the pictures online, go view the property and fall in love as we did.
Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Every detail, in the room, the house, the planner was amazing, incredible place!
Wedding: 08/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were married at the Antrim this past August and it was the best decision we made! My husband and I only looked at the Antrim because we knew right away that this was the perfect venue to be married at. The Antrim truly takes care of their brides. Our first wedding coordinator left shortly after we booked the venue which made me nervous. However, we ended up with Delynn as our new coordinator who is FANTASTIC. I could go on and on about how amazing she is at her job. I asked Delynn what felt like a million questions and sent so many emails, especially close to the wedding date and she always responded so promptly. She went above and beyond what I would have expected of a wedding coordinator. She was so helpful the day of the wedding and was tracking the incoming storm on her phone. Luckily, we were able to have the wedding outside in the gorgeous rose garden! Antrim is absolutely stunning and they take excellent care of the property. The rooms are like nothing I have ever seen before. The food at our wedding was amazing and I'm not just saying that because it was my weddin :) I think it was one of the best wedding meals I have had. If you are looking for a beautiful garden wedding then this is seriously the place for you.
Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you are thinking about having your wedding at Antrim 1844, do it! We had an absolutely beautiful wedding and that was in a large part because of this venue. Living in DC, I was horrified with the costs of wedding venues in the city, and what you can get at Antrim 1844 for the same price as a standard hotel in the beltway is night and day.

First I can’t go further without saying that it is Elizabeth is a Godsend. She and I clicked immediately and she was my sanity check for the 1.5 years between the first meeting to look at Antrim and the special day.

My mother and I are both very "type-A" personalities and I was first afraid that my endless questions about policies, vendors, etc. would be too bothersome, but Elizabeth welcomed them. Her communication and organization could not have been better.

On the “big” day Elizabeth continued to be an amazing presence. She made the experience as stress-free as possible.

We had a Jewish wedding with a lot of different parts happening all over the property and she organized all of it flawlessly. Every aspect of the day went exactly as it was supposed to.

The food was amazing. Nowhere else can you custom make your menu. Everyone was talking about how good the food was. They also catered wonderfully to the few people we had with serious food allergies. The staff was also wonderful. They seemed to work tirelessly and seamlessly.

The grounds and buildings are extremely beautiful. It was such a beautiful wedding because of the space as much as the planning. Our guests that stayed on property really enjoyed it and were all gushing about how picturesque and romantic it was. The whiskey bar on site is also a perfect after-party!

After this long review, simply, I had an amazing wedding weekend. It was the kind that little girls dream of. It all was possible because of the beauty of Antrim itself and the amazing work of its staff, especially Elizabeth!
Wedding: 06/23/2013

Private User 2 Reviews
Upon pulling into the driveway for the first time, we immediately fell in love with the Antrim and decided that is where we wanted to celebrate our special day surrounded by our closest family and friends. The Antrim is an absolutely gorgeous venue and provides a very unique and intimate setting for hosting such a special occasion. We held both the ceremony and reception onsite. The majority of our out of town guests stayed onsite and were blown away by the beautiful accommodations.
The service at the Antrim could not have been better, whether it was during a visit when we were just walking around the property, having our tasting dinner, or the day of our wedding – the service was top-notch on every occasion. The food was exquisite and we loved that you were able to customize and create your own menu which is another main reason that we ended up choosing the Antrim as our wedding venue. We also really liked that they only host one wedding a day meaning that you are the only wedding party they are working with so the staff is 100% dedicated to you and your guests.
Overall, we could not have been more impressed with the Antrim and in particular, our AMAZING wedding coordinator, Beth. She handled absolutely everything with incredible ease and in a very professional manner. Beth just kept telling me that all she wanted was for everything to be exactly what we envisioned for our special day and that she would handle everything so that we didn’t have to worry about a thing. Everything turned out better than we could have imagined and we have Beth and the Antrim staff to thank for their attention to detail, professionalism and superb event planning skills.
We would strongly recommend the Antrim to anyone looking for a wedding venue. Their level of hospitality, professionalism and wedding experience all contribute to what makes them a great venue, for not only hosting a wedding but any special occasion.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Antrim 1844 exceeded our expectations! They have a wonderful staff that not only catered to me and my groom, but to all of our wedding guests! Their attention to detail and responsiveness made the entire weekend so special! Our wedding coordinator, Beth, was incredible - her attention to detail, responsiveness, and caring nature made our wedding that much more amazing!

At the reception dinner, the service and food was absolutely incredible - our gusts were complimenting our choice of venue over and over. Many of them felt that not only was it our wedding, but a little vacation for them as well! I couldn't imagine having been married anywhere else!
Wedding: 12/02/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Originally we had Daniel as our wedding coordinator for over a year. One day he left/was let go, and it wasn't too long before our wedding day. We were then given Beth as our coordinator and she was amazing. Given the situation in the fact that she came in at the tail end of things she was on top of it all. She covered everything we had a question about and if she didn't know the answer she would e-mail us no more than 2 days later. We are so happy that Beth was our wedding coordinator because in the end everything turned out beautifully. The chef at the Antrim, Michael, was amazing. We heard nothing but rave reviews about all the food we served. The day of our wedding it was chilly out, and the band wasn't going to be set up in time for us to have the ceremony inside, so we ended up doing it outside. The Antrim was so helpful, they put heaters and had hot chocolate for our guests to help with the cold. We couldn't have picked a better place.
Wedding: 11/03/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT ANTRIM! From the moment we first visited this place to the after wedding check out, everything was SUPERB and topnotch! While I was planning our wedding, like any bride-to-be, I would read tons of reviews of vendors and always wonder if they were ever exaggerating about the vendor. And if you are, trust me when I say Antrim could not be beat! Like everyone else has said, guests were blown away by the food, the service, and the beauty of the property. Many have complimented us saying that it was BY FAR, one of THE best weddings they had ever gone to! Even with the distance (and a lot of my guests were from VA) they said it was totally worth it! The food, incredible! Where can you go and completely customize your menu to include split lobster tail wrapped around a crab cake?! If you are a foodie like me and want to impress your guests, honestly, what better way than with fresh tuna wontons, duck egg rolls, scallops, and thats just to name the h'ordevres! Im talking so much about the food because I know when I was reading reviews, I really wanted to know what was included in the price and packages and no one ever discussed the food per say, except that it was great! So that was just a little tidbit I wanted to throw in.

But honestly, they make you feel so special and so important there and what better day than your wedding day to be treated so fantastically?! I am a part-time wedding planner and could go on and on about how fabulous they are. But just trust me when I say, you will NOT REGRET having your wedding here!!!

And Elizabeth, such a Godsend! She was absolutely amazing through the entire planning process and could not be more thankful to have worked with her! Shes the sweetest person ever and will genuinely care about you and your wedding!

Chef Michael, amazing. A true culinary master.

All Antrim staff members, hospitality at its finest! Truly the best people you could ever want to work with!!!!
Wedding: 09/28/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There are not enough stars to give this venue. I honestly could not imagine anyone wanting more than what the Antrim 1844 provides. What a truly fantastic venue. The food was far and beyond our highest expectations, the mansion and garden itself is breathtaking and the people who work there really put their heart and soul into your day. Our wedding coordinator who works there, Elizabeth Fortier, is one of the sweetest, caring and most genuine people you will ever be lucky enough to meet. She truly went above and beyond for us. It brings me to tears just thinking about it. She does not treat the weddings she does as just another event, she looks upon them as that couples one special day, and boy does she make you feel that way. There really arent words. From the venue itself, to the food, to the staff, the the open bar, you really cannot do better!
Wedding: 09/16/2012

Samantha 6 Reviews
We had both our ceremony and reception at the Antrim 1844. The first time we visited I fell in love with it. The atmosphere, the staff and service were impecable. The garden was breathtaking and I knew that was where I wanted to be married. Luckily the weather cooperated with us and we were able to have our ceremony outside and it was everything I had dreamed of. Our wedding coordinator was Elizabeth Fortier and she was amazing. She was easy to keep in touch with and she answered all my crazy questions. The day of the wedding went perfectly. The only crisis we had (my train getting dirty before the ceremony) was quickly fixed by Elizabeth and the magic of club soda! The food there truly lives up to all the reviews. I've never had wedding food that tasted that fantastic before, it was truly incredible, and I think all of our guests' cleaned plates attested to that as well.
Wedding: 05/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We knew that Antrim was the perfect place for our wedding from the moment that we stepped on the property. Our wedding could not have been more picture perfect, and the staff at Antrim made everything run so smoothly. We also signed an exclusivity contract for the day of our wedding, meaning that the restaurant was closed and only our guests were able to book rooms on site, which made the day so wonderful and private. The weather was perfect, the gardens were gorgeous and in bloom, and it could not have been better. Elizabeth Fortier was our coordinator, and she was an absolute lifesaver who made sure that our day was flawless. I simply cannot thank her enough for the huge amount of work that she did leading up to our wedding and over the wedding weekend, as it made everything go as perfectly as possible. She immediately took charge of any potential issues that arose over the weekend and made sure that they were resolved asap. She is truly one of my favorite people ever now, and I feel that I owe her so much for making our day so perfect.

Having the exclusivity contract, as well as having both our ceremony and reception at Antrim made everything so easy since we did not have to go anywhere all day, and I would definitely recommend this to anyone. All of the staff at Antrim are so helpful and kind, and they really know what they are doing when it comes to making weddings go off without a hitch. The food was wonderful as well, and it was great to work with Chef Gettier in the menu planning process. The beverage manager Luis was great to work with as well, and he was very helpful in choosing wines, beers, etc to serve at the wedding. All in all, Antrim was the perfect place for our wedding and they helped ensure that we had a wonderful day.
Wedding: 05/19/2012
 410-756-6812
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire