Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel

4.7
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

Our wedding at the Antrim was flawless. Such a beautiful venue and the day was totally stress free. Our wedding coordinator, Beth, was so organized and made the day run smoothly. If you are looking for a beautiful garden wedding venue- this is your place! I was still able to add my own flare and made many of my own decorations but the staff at the Antrim set everything up for me. My guests would not stop raving about the servers and quality of the food- delicious! You won't make a mistake if you book your wedding here!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married here in late June and cannot say enough good things about it! Elizabeth was my wedding coordinator at the Antrim, and she is truly AMAZING! She is cool, calm, collected, and the most helpful person I've ever met. Any time I had a concern I could call or email her and she responded so quickly with an answer. She met with me on many occasions and made sure everything flowed perfectly. I was concerned about it raining on my wedding day, and it rained 4 inches! BUT all was well because Elizabeth recommended I get a tent just in case, which I did, which saved the day. I honestly could not have done it without her!

My fiance and I met with the Chef a few months before the wedding and decided what food we would have at the wedding, and then we had dinner at the Smokehouse Restaurant where they served us the meal- and the food is so delicious at the Antrim! I had 150 guests and SO many people mentioned how good the food was. Also, the bar in the mansion is open until 1AM, so after the wedding we went there and we had arranged to have "late night" food of sliders, pulled pork sandwiches, chips and guac, and pizza.

The scenery is perfect at the Antrim during any season, and there are several options for ceremony sites (elm tree, rose garden, etc). We had our reception inside pavilion and it was perfect. I hardly had to do any additional decorating aside from the centerpieces and ceiling drape because it is such a beautiful venue.

My now husband and I plan on going to the Antrim for dinner every year on our anniversary!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We selected Antrim 1844 for our Son and Daughter-in-law's Wedding because of it's beautiful and charming setting. We worked with Beth, Antrim's Wedding Coordinator, and she helped guide us through every detail of our Children's Wedding. Beth was super organized, sweet, and accessible. The result was an amazing "Storybook Like" Wedding Ceremony in the Formal Garden followed by a dinner and dance reception in their beautiful Ballroom. Dinner and Hor doerves were excellent!!! Hotel and wait staff were 100% professional and polite. We received compliment after compliment during the wedding and after!

I trusted Antrim to do a wonderful job...... and they did!!

Kendall
04/25/2015

Our wedding was at the Antrim last weekend and the entire experience was fabulous. Trish Flora and all of the staff at the Antrim were great to work with - they were friendly and accommodating and made the wedding planning process simple and fun. If you are looking for a "one stop shop" venue, this is your place. I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding looking back.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We had an excellent experience working with Trish and the team at Antrim. I had to plan my wedding with limited time and from a different state, so we decided to have the wedding at Antrim because they do everything for you, except provide the wedding cake. The staff is very professional. The Mansion is beautiful and a great backdrop for photographs. The garden room where the ceremony and reception were held is plain, which allows you to transform the room to fit your personal style. We loved that our guests stayed on the property with us and were able to enjoy the pub for an afterparty and breakfast the day after.

Private User
Recently Married

This is the perfect place for a wedding! The staff is fantastic and the co-ordinator even help to facilitate space for the band, whose leader thought it too small.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had my rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception all at the Antrim. First of all I have been going to the Antrim with my family since I was 16 for birthdays/ anniversaries/ other special occasions and I knew the Antrim was the only place I wanted to get married. The Antrim is absolutely breathtaking during all the seasons. The staff is very welcoming and accommodating. I've never had anything but exceptional meals at the Antrim.
Trish, our wedding coordinator, was an absolute pleasure to work with!! Trish is very professional and knowledgeable. Trish was always available to answer any questions I had, was able to give great recommendations and the best part is she was super calm and was able to resolve any issues/conflicts that came up during the rehearsal and the wedding day. I cannot say enough good things about Trish, loved her!!!
Rehearsal was a perfect start to the wedding weekend, food was amazing and we even were able to have a whole room to ourselves.
Of course getting married on the biggest snow day of the year will always present some challenges. I had major issues with the shuttle I contracted with (no relationship with the Antrim) to bring my guests, however, Trish took care of everything and made sure guests arrived and were picked up afterwards. The ceremony was absolutely gorgeous. Chef Spencer provided amazing food, soo many guests said it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. The reception was absolutely beautiful, the staff were amazing, Rita our bartender was an absolute gem. There is absolutely nothing negative I could say about my experience with the Antrim; I would highly recommend the Antrim, it is truly a magical place.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our daughter had an evening wedding at the Antrim 1844 on December 14, 2014. It was the most amazing wedding from start to finish. First of all, anyone marrying at the Antrim in December will benefit from the beautiful Christmas decorations all around the property. The Christmas trees in the drawing rooms of the mansion were totally amazing and only enhanced the beauty of the photographs. The pavilion looked amazing with, again, all of the Christmas decorations. Everything was perfect from the ceremony to the sparkler send-off. Our wedding coordinator, Beth Pumphrey, couldn't have been better. She was so helpful and responsive to all of our questions and concerns. We had no worries that the day would be perfect. She was there from the beginning to the end ensuring that everything went smoothly and without a hitch. Of course, the food was outstanding! Also, the bridal suite was so beautiful and inviting, I can't imagine any bride not wanting to spend her first night there. If you truly want to see how beautiful this day was, take a look at the photographer's website (www.jennifersmutek.com) under blog.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is hands down the best venue to have your wedding! We fell in love with it the first time we went and didn't look anywhere else. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and there are so many different photo opportunities and so much history. The staff is amazing and Beth Pumphrey who was our wedding coordinator made everything so easy and was so responsive to the millions of questions we had through out the planning process. Chef Spencer also makes amazing food and has so many ideas to make the food you love for your special night. Highley recommend!!!!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I HIGHLY recommend the Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel to anyone planning a wedding. Our wedding coordinator, Trish, was on top of her game from the planning to running the rehearsal to making sure that everyone was right where they were supposed to be the entire day of the wedding. The food is incredible, the property is gorgeous, the rooms are awesome, and the entire place is like a fairytale setting. The staff is exceptional, and you can't get the organization and professionalism for that price anywhere else. As a bride planning the entire event from California, I am very thankful for Trish. She did such a wonderful job and we owe her so much. My husband and I already want to go back! Such a wonderful venue, I can't praise them enough.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is absolutely beautiful. We were going for a vintage/garden theme with our wedding so this definitely fit all of the requirements. Our guest could not stop complimenting on how beautiful the venue was. And that our wedding was the best they've ever been to. I highly recommend staying at the venue in one of the mansion bedrooms. We had the mansion booked for the whole weekend for our parents and the wedding party. This allowed us to have breakfast together every morning and for everyone to already be at the venue for the rehearsal dinner. The food was excellent. Best food I've had in a really long time. Definitely not your typically bland wedding food. We'll definitely be booking this venue to celebrate our future anniversaries.

Hillary
07/20/2014

Beth was our wedding coordinator. She was amazing to work with. On our wedding day she made everything way better than I expected for our reception. She picked up my boxes of items that I had brought and arranged them beautifully. Everything ran smoothly the entire day. My guests told me it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The food was perfect and the staff was very professional. I could have not asked for anything more.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot say enough about Antrim 1844 and the wonderful experience we had for my daughter's recent wedding. Everything from the venue, staff, rooms, and catering were 100% top notch. Our coordinator Elizabeth F was truly a lifesaver and just made sure everything was perfect that day from setting up the reception to the minute by minute details of the day. She was amazing. Having everything in one place is wonderful. I would highly recommend the Antrim to anyone looking for the best wedding venue in Maryland.
Thank you - One Happy Mother of the Bride (J)

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

I cannot imagine changing a single thing about my wedding day. The food is absolutely amazing and as I went around to greet each table all the guests were talking about. Beth made everything go so smoothly. She always responds to your emails and is willing to do whatever she can to make your day effortless and yours! The one thing everyone kept talking about after the wedding was how nice all the staff was and the only regret our parents had was not staying at Antrim for longer because it was so worth it! Greg the one who sets up your bar is also willing to work with you and so personable. I could go on and on and on but the bottom line is Antrim is he perfect place to have a wedding and I am so glad we chose them as our venue!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Antrim 1844 was the perfect wedding venue. Everything went smoothly, from the first meeting to the day after the event. The space was beautiful and required minimal outside decorations. The staff was incredibly nice, helpful, and accommodating. Not only did they meet the needs of my bride and I, but they were responsive and helpful to family and guests!

Beth, our coordinator, was outstanding. She seriously is worth the price of admission alone. She was responsive to my wife's emails at all times. She also provided a guiding hand where needed, offering experienced and expert advice in the planning stages. She was able to clearly state what the various options and charges were as well, and many of my guests commented on her unobtrusive direction on the day of the ceremony.

The food was very good, and for the price better than other venues that offer on-site catering. It was very fresh, having been prepared in the on-site kitchen, rather than shipped from somewhere else. The menu options were fantastic as well.

The single regret I heard from my guests was that more of them wished they booked rooms at the onsite bed and breakfast, rather than nearby hotels. The ones who did stay onsite were incredibly satisfied by the excellent rooms and service they experienced the day after the ceremony.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

I held my reception at Antrim in July 2014. It was truly the location of my dreams. I was drawn to Antrim for several reasons: The STUNNING manicured gardens, the bountiful and colorful flowers, the one stop shop all-inclusive venue coordination, the ability for our guests to spend the night, the fact that they host one wedding per day, the ability for our guests to roam around the grounds rather than be stuck in one room, and finally, the hospitality of the venue.

The wedding day was magical. The only thing I wish for is that we could have had more time in the day. We felt totally taken care of and all of our personal touches were executed perfectly. In example, we set up a sangria bar with the restaurant manager, Greg. Our guests RAVED about them! We also gave detailed instructions on how our decor should be set up; Each instruction was followed to the "T". The food was just as delicious as it was on our tasting day.

There were a few hiccups along the way, however. I had arranged in advance to pay for my parents to accompany my fiance and I to the tasting, but the server handed my parents the check, with their tabs included, and asked them to remember to tip on the full amount. I was horrified. But, the situation was immediately resolved after speaking with my coordinator and Greg. There was also a grumpy front desk staff member that was less than kind to my parents the night of the wedding when they asked for an extra blanket. It was just so weird to meet these people at Antrim because EVERYONE else was just so perfect and an ace at customer service! A couple of bad eggs could not ruin our experience, though!

In the end, I would not hesitate to hold my reception at Antrim again. I wish I could get stuck in a wedding purgatory, where I could do it over and over again :). My fiance and I look forward to returning there on our anniversaries.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue