Anticipation Events

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Anticipation Events helped me through day-of coordination, and more. I requested additional support from the AE team because my venue coordinator was extremely difficult and I needed someone in my corner to get things done the way I wanted to see them. Not only did AE do all the right things, but I felt like I had a friend backing me up. I worked with Elizabeth, and I could trust her style to make decisions on the day of the wedding that I really couldn't do, not being on site during set up. Her taste for design is gorgeous so I could also ask her to just lay things out and knew she'd do a better job than I would.

The wedding was three weeks ago and compliments have been streaming in about how wonderful AE was. My mother was particularly impressed, and told me how Elizabeth manned all the important tables, having to stand up all my escort cards each time the door opened and knocked them over-- about 10 times.

I had a couple vendors that I thought may actually not show up, because my conversations with them had been so limited. And sure enough, when I arrived I had such a sense of relief when AE told me everyone was there, on time, and they had been coordinating the game plan all week together. Plus, my husband thought she was pretty cool and it's hard to get a husband on-board with extra wedding spending. Win-Win.

It was stereotypically the best night of my life and I feel so lucky to have just enjoyed it like a love-struck idiot and not worry about a single detail. AE is worth every penny and more.

I would recommend to any bride to get at least a day-of coordinator. You have no idea how many details start flying in the last few weeks that you'll wish someone else was helping to keep track of with you.

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got married last Saturday, and I couldn't wait to write this review. Just shows you how much we loved Anticipation Events!

When we first met with Elizabeth, we knew immediately that Anticipation Events was the way to go for our day-of coordination. From the very beginning, working with Anticipation Events has been nothing but extraordinary! Even with months to go before the wedding, our questions and concerns were always promptly answered. We are grateful to have been given the opportunity to work with Anticipation Events and Elizabeth as our day-of coordinator.

Elizabeth has an amazing personality. She is extremely detail-oriented, professional, and knowledgeable. The wedding timeline she creates and distributes to your vendors is reason enough to hire Anticipation Events! But not only does she help organize and schedule your day-of, she also knows how to take care of her clients. During our venue walk through, she did not make us feel rushed at all. She worked with our venue coordinator and florists to address any issues that arose during the walk through. And during our rehearsal, she worked with the entire bridal party to make sure there were no questions left unanswered.

Elizabeth was instrumental in making our wedding day absolutely perfect. She was constantly working with our vendors, but would magically appear if you needed anything, including mints and scissors. She assisted in all aspects of the wedding, including set-up and take-down. We did not have to worry about a thing!

We highly recommend Elizabeth and Anticipation Events. Our families and vendors have not stopped talking about how smoothly the wedding day went. And we could not have done that without her. Our florists even said that every bride deserves to have a coordinator like Elizabeth!

Thank you so much for everything!! -Aileen + Ed

• Wedding: 09/20/2014
Profile Picture
Aileen8487
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Day Of Coordinator was the only vendor where we interviewed multiple people for the position. We came upon Elizabeth at Anticipation Events because our florist recommended her, and we felt it was important we chose a planner who had worked with at least one of our vendors before and was familiar with our venue.
Elizabeth could not have been better. We felt an instant, personal connection with her right away, which we did not get from the other planners. She really got us and our personalities. I could tell she could ring in my crazy wedding party during the rehearsal and still be cool, as opposed to a yelling task master.
She made sure that we had a walk-through with our vendor and dj about 3 weeks before the wedding which was invaluable for getting everyone on the same page and working out details. We had our ceremony and reception in the same room, so getting the set up details right was essential. We had intermittent contact and questions about vendors that she helped us with over email, but she was instrumental on making sure the timeline and all vendors were on the same page the week of the wedding. At the wedding rehearsal, she could tell I was on edge with stress and did all of the organizing and inter-vendor communications.
The wedding day ran very smoothly, and I know that it wouldn't have gone down like that without Elizabeth. You know she's there, but she's not "in your face". My venue manager and Elizabeth worked really well together, and all of the little details like the dessert table, program placement, cocktail hour, ceremony set up... all of those things were totally taken care of without my having to worry about it.
I would highly recommend Elizabeth and Anticipation Events to anyone planning a wedding. My entire wedding party, my parents, and the guests noticed how smoothly everything went and were very happy with her services.

• Wedding: 09/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot recommend Elizabeth and Aislinn highly enough! They helped us with day of wedding coordination, but they were so much more than that. In the days leading up to the wedding, they helped us get organized, from decor to a down-to-the-minute timeline. They called all of our vendors and made sure everything was running smoothly and there would be no day-of hitches. They were receptive to all of our needs and sensitivities where guests were concerned (my 93 year-old grandfather, for one) and were respectful of all of our requests and quirks.

Being able to hand off all of our decorations and details the day of the rehearsal meant that my family and I could truly enjoy every minute of the rehearsal dinner and wedding day. Aislinn was meticulous about organization, and her attention to detail let me know that I was in good hands. She truly brought my vision to life, and her set up took my breath away. If anything went wrong, I had no idea-- she took care of everything behind the scenes and helped the night flow smoothly. I will recommend her and Elizabeth to everyone I know--the peace of mind that they gave us was worth every penny, and frankly, feeling nothing but joy and happiness on our wedding day was truly priceless.

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elizabeth and our day-of coordinator, Laura, were absolutely everything we had hoped for! They were both very responsive and easy to get in touch with when I had questions or concerns about our big day. When our big day was finally here, Laura took over all the little (and big) responsibilities that we needed her to! I wanted to just be a bride that day and my family just wanted to be guests and Laura made this possible. She constantly checked in with us to see if there was anything we needed throughout the day, aside from all of the other details she was taking care of. She also made sure that all of our vendors received their final payment from us, made sure we received all of our important keepsakes back and stayed until the end of our party to assist with wrap-up and getting all of our gifts up to our suite. Laura knew everything that needed to be done and went above and beyond to make our day as easy and care-free as possible. They also put together a timeline for the whole day and made sure all of our vendors were contacted ahead of time to confirm arrival and set-up times so we didn't have to! Five stars all around for Elizabeth, Laura and AE!

• Wedding: 08/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The minute I met with Elizabeth I knew I was going to use her day-of services. She was so kind and listened to all of my ideas as well as gave me some much needed direction. I'm a seriously unorganized person and not a bridey bride so having her and Laura help guide me the month before the wedding was a godsend. They made me feel like I actually knew what I was doing! For the day-of I had Laura by my side all day and she was INCREDIBLE! She's hilarious and put me at ease all day - I was a nervous wreck! I'm still in awe of how she made it all come together. The ceremony was supposed to take place in the garden area, but just as it was about to start there was a massive downpour (rain was not even in the forecast, it literally said 0% chance of rain) and she made everything go off without a hitch. I'm sure it was chaotic re-organizing everything and people were probably losing their minds, but she exuded calm and cool the whole time. In turn, I was calm and cool. We never had a plan b for rain, but she transformed my ceremony into something more wonderful that I thought it ever could be. Seriously. It was the best part about the wedding - it was gorgeous, intimate, and playful. Laura is pretty much my fairy godmother. I couldn't recommend Anticipation Events enough - they know their stuff and are just all around awesome, creative, and sweet people. I miss them already!

• Wedding: 07/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Elizabeth and Julia for day of coordination for my daughter's wedding. Elizabeth was our contact up to the day of the wedding. She contacted and verified details with all the vendors and created our timeline. Julia worked with us the day of the wedding. She was amazing! Professional and well organized. She even came armed with mosquito spray for our outdoor wedding ceremony! My daughter experienced major problems with her bridal gown during the reception and Julia drove back to our hotel to get my daughter another dress to wear! Thanks so much to both Julia and Elizabeth for helping to make this a special day for my daughter.

• Wedding: 07/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elizabeth performed day of coordination for our destination wedding and we couldn’t have done it without her. She is well organized, professional, and has the attention to detail that is so important on the wedding day. We were finally able to relax with Elizabeth there running point with the vendors and timelines. She picked up on details that would have been missed, and proactively addressed situations/issues to ensure they were handled in a timely manner. We will definitely be recommending Anticipation Events for all events!

• Wedding: 03/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired anticipation events for day of wedding coordination and it was money well spent. Our wedding coordinator started helping and guiding us a month before the wedding to ensure everything would be taken care of the day of the wedding. They provided expertise, professionalism, understanding and had fun which help us have a flawless evening and enjoy our family and friends. I would highly recommend hiring Anticipation Events!!

• Wedding: 01/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot express enough what an amazing help Elizabeth was in the weeks leading up to and on our wedding day. I was back and forth on hiring a day-of, but as my anxiety continued to grow, I knew I needed help. Right after our initial meeting, I knew she was the one. I felt like she understood my vision and that I could trust her to handle anything that arose that day. Right away, it felt like a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders.

The night of our rehearsal, I realized that I accidently gave her the note I was supposed to exchange with Ryan on our wedding day. Without hesitation she drove down to the restaurant where our rehearsal was taking place and dropped it off for me. If there were problems on our wedding day, I didn’t hear about them. Elizabeth took care of everything. At one point in the night I remember asking her a timeline question. She told me you don’t need to worry about what’s next, that’s what I’m here for. And she was. She even dropped off gifts and other personal items at our apt that night – talk about great service! After the wedding, everyone including my mom commented on how great Elizabeth was.

I absolutely recommend Elizabeth and AE for your wedding and or any other event planning needs. Totally worth the investment. She is detail-oriented, professional and friendly with take-charge attitude (which is absolutely what you want and need). On one of the most important days of your life, she is the kind of person you want in charge.

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There's nothing I can say about Elizabeth that hasn't already been said. She's just the absolute best. Anyone that's worked with her knows that, as evidenced by these reviews.

Personally, I chose day-of coordination for my October wedding. But Elizabeth's support went far beyond the actual day-of... She recommended vendors, gave helpful advice throughout the planning process, and most importantly, advocated for me with the rest of the wedding party.

Of course, her day-of coordination was stellar, too. Honestly, I didn't see much of her, because she was too busy making sure everything went off without a hitch -- and it did!

With the most wonderful combination of Type-A attention to detail and friendly flexibility, Elizabeth is the type of person who you want as your wedding planner AND as your best friend.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My experience with Elizabeth was great from the start-- she was enthusastic, got where I was coming from as a bride, and was a great go-to for tips during my planning process. Elizabeth's organizational skills and planning experience were apparent in the depth of questions she asked, the suggestions she provided, and the amazingly helpful timeline that she constructed.

I worked with Katie for my actual wedding day, who seamlessly picked up the ball from Elizabeth and rolled it right into a perfect wedding. Having Katie there to manage setup, details, vendor contacts and issue-resolution was HUGE in allowing me to actually enjoy my wedding day. Not only did Katie execute everything I asked of her, but she also managed to read my mind to perfectly implement details that I totally forgot to even explain.

As an added bonus, these ladies have the personality to boot. Always great to enjoy who you're working with.
Would definitely recommend them!

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Elizabeth was wonderful to work with from the moment I met her. She is professional, upbeat, and definitely an expert in her field. She give us some great advice and it was so nice to know she had everything under control so we could enjoy our day.

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I do not have the words to explain how amazing Elizabeth was in our wedding planning process! If anything went wrong, I had no idea about it! Our entire wedding went off perfectly because of her and the team of vendors she helped us create. In Chicago, there are a million different vendors and trying to pick a photographer, venue, caterer, dj out of the sea of companies put me into tears. Elizabeth helped us narrow down vendors to easy (and time saving) lists and the results were fantastic. I could not be happier with the services she provided to our family. I high recommend her amazingly artistic and creative services to anyone!!!

• Wedding: 08/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Some of the best money I spent! Elizabeth and Aislinn made my day perfect! They were so easy to work with and they answered all of my questions leading up to the event! Anytime I had something I needed done Aislinn was right there to do it. It was a magical day and wouldn't have happened without them. They took my Type A personality and made me a calm bride. I would recommend them to all of my friends!!

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Elizabeth as our day of planner for our wedding last month and things couldn't have gone better! The night flowed seamlessly and if there were any issues with vendors, we were not aware of them, because Elizabeth was working tirelessly behind the scenes to make sure that everything was executed perfectly. She is fantastic with timelines and organization but more importantly she makes you feel instantly comfortable with her adaptable nature and calming personality. I had no doubt when we hired her that our wedding would run smoothly and as it turns out, I was right! I would highly recommend her to any bride!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
773-512-6191
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards