C and D Events

• Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We knew we needed help with our day-of wedding coordination as we had only 1.5 months to plan our wedding, so we reached out to C and D Events and Dana promptly responded. After meeting with Courtney and Becca, we felt a sense of relief in knowing this team could take care of all the things we needed help with!

Becca became our main day-of coordinator, and our event was a success with her help. She ran out and got some last-minute items we had forgotten after our rehearsal and handled all of our day-of set up and breakdown. Even when we had a problem with one of our other vendors, Becca calmly took care of everything she could, and we felt confident going to her with any concerns we had. She really did make us feel like a guest at our reception, which was a breath of fresh air!

The reason I did not give C and D Events all 5 stars is because of a bit of a gap in communication - weeks prior we were told Courtney would also be at our event, and were surprised to not see her there. We felt some parts of our evening may have gone more smoothly with her help as well - some of our guests told us there was another coordinator with Becca, but we never actually met her :(

Overall, I'd definitely recommend this team for wedding coordination services!
Wedding: 10/31/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
C&D Events is amazing! I was quickly drawn to the girls because they were Meredith College alum like myself. After meeting, I clicked well with Dana and we knew we needed her for the 'day of' planning. Leading up she answered any random questions I had, made schedules, and met with our other vendors/venue. The day of the wedding was amazing and ran smoothly. Dana ran errands and handled any issues - we could not have done it without her!!

Highly recommended, great prices, and amazing women! Check out their new venue - the Bradford :)
Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had a DIY wedding and were not planning on hiring a wedding planner until about 3 weeks before the wedding when it became clear that we couldn't manage the day-of coordination along with socializing with our guests. We interviewed Courtney with C&D Events and it seemed like the perfect fit --- and it was! Courtney was very calm and professional and every detail we presented was met with an enthusiastic "we can take care of that." Courtney and Kelsey not only took care of all of the set-up we had planned but did an outstanding job with the flowers. We ordered 250 roses & 100 hypericum online and Courtney help my friends strip and arrange all the roses into centerpieces, plus gorgeously decorate an outside chuppah and make my bridal bouquet. They even loaded most things into our car at the end of the evening so we could take off early the next morning for brunch. C&D was very responsive to emails and phone calls and allowed us to focus on our guests and each other! It was a perfect wedding and they made everything behind the scenes work really well. Last but not least, their pricing was extremely reasonable.
Wedding: 09/20/2014

Katelyn 3 Reviews
C and D provided day of service for my wedding in Wilmington NC. I mainly worked with Dana and she was AMAZING. She always kept me calm and I was so confident that she had everything handled. They also did my flowers and they were beyond perfect. So many people told me it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to and it was all thanks to C and D! They styled my vintage lounge area, cake table, center pieces, and my gorgeous ceremony area. Their price is so reasonable for the service they provide and I highly recommend them!!!
Wedding: 05/24/2014

Private User 3 Reviews
There were things we didn't even know we wanted until Courtney and Dana made them happen. And we were blown away. Courtney and Dana are professional and honest, and they are a genuine joy to be around. They take the time to listen, and they make magic happen. We could not have been happier working with them and experiencing the happiest day of our lives as they directed the wedding of our dreams.

My husband and I were married in May. Not only was our wedding entirely outdoors - meaning lots of extra logistical details that had to be done perfectly - but we also live outside North Carolina, so we were communicating with C&D from afar! They made themselves available at a moment's notice when we needed to talk with them about our plans or when we had questions intermittently throughout the process.

C&D learned very quickly that what my husband and I do well is communicate ideas and themes, but when it comes to the wedding industry, we don’t understand the complexities and the details of how to make it happen – so they needed to take those high-level thoughts and turn them into realities. My husband and I observed in no time that this ability is second-nature for C&D, and we were unbelievably impressed with how soon after meeting us that C&D understood us and everything we were looking for. They translated our ideas, and influenced new ideas we never would have thought of, into the most beautiful wedding we could have imagined.

We put a tremendous amount of trust in Courtney and Dana, and we could not be more grateful for their hard work and immaculate artistic vision and capabilities. They were there for us every step of the way, and they truly cared about every detail they put in to our wedding day.

Look no further if you're seeking absolute wonder and perfection for your wedding. We are so thankful, humbled, and forever in awe of Courtney and Dana’s spectacular talent. If you’re looking for perfection, C&D is it!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
As the MoB, I cannot speak highly enough of C&D. My daughter and her fiance are 'out of state' (Wisconsin), but Courtney very quickly got on the same page with them and their budget. She and Dana made it look effortless, but the challenges were numerous: an elegant affair on a REAL farm, ie, no running water, no electricity, no standing structure on the property located a ways from a town and amenities, and no real 'road' to the site. It turned out completely storybook-perfect. Their decorations and flowers could not have been more elegant and classic, just what the couple loved. The classical trio, reception DJ, food, and photographers came together wonderfully. I know how hard C&D must have worked to achieve the standard they did, and every guest commented on how stunningly everything went. They made it look effortless. Thank you C&D!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I gotta married in May and Becca Taylor was our wedding coordinator. She was INCREDIBLE. I could not have made it through my day without her there! She handled everything from leading our rehearsal (which included wrangling over 30 people), overseeing all of the decoration set-ups, and hand assembling all of my floral arrangements, boutonnieres, and bouquets.

Becca was so easy to work with and she had wonderful suggestions and advice for me along the way. We had several phone chats to discuss colors, themes, etc. and she just made my vision come to life. She is extremely hard working, but also so caring. Her calm demeanor helps to keep you relaxed and confident that she is in control and guiding you throughout the entire day with ease. She's a wonderful person with a huge heart and couldn't be more gracious. I honestly cannot say enough great things about her and would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone planning an event. I know our wedding day was a wonderful success because Becca was there :)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
These sisters came recommended by my coordinator and I'm very happy they did. They were very willing to work within a budget but were flexible as well. My flowers and centerpieces for my wedding were absolutely stunning. If you don't have your own ideas they definitely have a flair; but if you know exactly what you want, they can do it!

To sum it up: Amazing!
Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
C and D Events was so great to work with, and honestly, a life saver. Several of my friends that are getting married feel so stressed and I just didn't feel that way, and I can thank Dana and Courtney for that! I knew Dana from college and have watched her business grow over the years. As soon as we decided to get married, I reached out to Dana to see if they would be available. The chapel we chose as our ceremony location didn't provide a wedding director, and we needed someone who knew when to tell people to walk, etc. Dana's day of services were so much more than just the day of. She met with me, and my parents, on several occasions to go over details and questions. She worked tirelessly with the country club's wedding coordinators to make sure every detail was covered, and acted as a liasion between us and the club. Two weeks before she got in touch with each vendor to nail down the timeline and make sure all of their needs would be met. She directed the wedding, and hauled all the things we were bringing to the reception home with her so we wouldn't have to deliver them ourselves. The day of, Courtney went to the club and oversaw all the vendors and made sure the club was setting things up the way we asked. Dana came to the chapel and made sure everything was a go there, directed the wedding, and then went back to the Club so she could be there to also ensure everything was going smoothly. At the end of the night, they loaded up my parents' car and made sure all of our belongings were where we needed them to be. They were true lifesavers, and I couldn't be more happy with the way they handled everything to make sure my day was exactly how I wanted it. They are true professionals and know exactly how a wedding should be, and do whatever they need to do to ease the burden of the planning process. I highly encourage all brides to consider using C & D Events!
Wedding: 10/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I just got married a couple of weeks ago and could not have been more pleased with C and D events!
They did all my flowers, and then set up everything at the church, reception, and ran the show!
Becca and Dana made everything seamless! I enjoyed every single aspect of the day. If any crisis happened, I don't know about it! They did an awesome job letting me know when I had about 5 minutes until Cake cutting, father/daughter dance, bouquet toss, etc.
I seriously, LOVE them!
They were truly wonderful to work with and handled every detail beautifully.
Wedding: 08/09/2013
Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dana was extremely professional and easy to work with. I had a DIY wedding and had many unanswered questions before she came along. She met with my multiple times and really helped me sort everything out. Without her my wedding would have been such a mess. She saved my big day!! She also did our flowers at a VERY reasonable price and they were absolutely gorgeous. I would recommend her to ANYONE.
Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Courtney and Dana are nothing short of amazing. They took everything i had hoped for and turned it into a dream wedding. I was so relaxed knowing my day was in their hands, they really cared about my day just as much as I did and I could not have asked for anything more!! Thank you guys :)
C and D Events responded with the following comments:
We loved working with you!! We so enjoyed your day and getting the opportunity to work with you! You guys are so sweet and we wish you nothing but the best!
Wedding: 01/14/2012
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
In the beginning these planners did a great job of figuring out what we needed and giving us some guided direction, however as time went on, they weren't as easy to contact and didn't seem to be putting much effort into planning our wedding (maybe b/c we had an informal backyard wedding?). We'd ask for quotes for food and get 1 quote back- and it was ungodly expensive. Sometimes it felt like we had to pull teeth. On the flip side, they did find several good vendors that we would recommend to others. The day of the wedding we didn't see much of them, and several guests commented that our planners didn't seem friendly or appear that they wanted to be there. They did do a good job directing the ceremony though. The planner we worked with the most had a nice personality, but the other one didn't have one at all! For people who work with brides as a profession it seemed odd that she came off as grumpy and unfriendly most of the time. I would recommend them to friends, because they do seem to know what they're doing overall- and they know some great vendors, but I would caution using them if you need your entire wedding planned or expect someone with personality. Overall, my husband and I were disappointed b/c we didn't feel like we really got what we paid for.
C and D Events responded with the following comments:
We are sorry to hear that you were not happy overall with your experience. We felt like at the end of this wedding we did everything we could have to make it go off without any undue stress on you or your husband. We were cautious of your budget and went through various vendors, negotiating every contract, and even passing on savings that we typically collect to help you out.

We are typically very present on the day of a wedding, but for this case, since the wait staff was only contracted for a few hours, we ended up bussing all the tables, glasses, cutting the cake, and getting all the rentals back into the bins for pick up the next day. We were happy to do it, we didn't want your guests to have to see dirty dishes laying around or for your parents have to worry about cleaning up afterwards.

All that being said, we take our reviews very seriously and we will take into account your comments and improve on our communication.
Wedding: 09/10/2011

Private User 5 Reviews
Courtney and Dana were the most remarkable people I could have chosen to work with for my wedding day. When we freaked out knowing there was an event in our space the night before mine and needed someone to absolutely, positively ensure that there would be no trace of it during my own wedding, C&D assured us they would take care of us. And take care of us they did, and with flying colors.

After we interviewed them and went back to our caterer to ask for wedding coordinator recommendations, C&D were at the top of the caterer's list. We could have not been more thankful for his comments; we knew we had picked a winner. Having the two women work our event (and not just one person) made every single piece flawless and seamless. One stayed in the bridal suite on the morning of the wedding while the other moved to the event space to bring our cards and favors and such and to make sure everything was in perfect working order.

C&D contacted and confirmed each of our vendors. They filled every hole I thought was empty, met each and every expectation, responded to all emails in a very timely manner, and were extraordinarily professional and yet down-to-earth, particularly when I had a freak-out when our first dance song came on before we got to the dance floor. I was truly overwhelmed by their demeanor, work ethic, and friendliness, and would not hesitate for a single second to say that Courtney and Dana's services are worth TWICE what they will ask for you in fees.
C and D Events responded with the following comments:
Thanks for the great review! We loved working with you guys and had such a great time at your wedding!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
C&D was incredible. Dana's calm, controlled, and friendly personality set everyone on the day of the wedding at ease. We first met only a few weeks prior to the big day and let me tell you, I was freaking out about how we would pull it all together. After one meeting with Dana I felt 100x better. She had a great handle on what needed to be decided and completed as well as how everything would play out on the wedding day.

She is great at dealing with the wide variety of people and personalities that are involved in a typical wedding. From kids, to grandparents, to mothers, to friends, I received feedback from everyone about how wonderful and helpful she was. My mom in particular mentioned that it really helped her to enjoy the day, knowing that whatever question or concern she had, Dana had it covered.

C&D are incredibly competent, professional and caring. I'd recommend them to any and everyone whether you need lots of help, from beginning to end, or simply day of event services.
C and D Events responded with the following comments:
We loved your wedding and working with the two of you! You all have such a sweet family and we enjoyed spending the weekend with everyone!
Wedding: 03/12/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was able to use C and D events to coordinate and direct my wedding in 2010. I could not have been more pleased! They are very professional, organized, and knowledgeable about the wedding industry. C and D were able to help me find vendors, met with me to answer questions and discuss options, and provided excellent rehearsal and wedding day service as directors. I am very pleased with them and highly recommend C and D events!
C and D Events responded with the following comments:
Thanks for the great review! We loved getting to chance to work with you!
Wedding: 06/26/2010
 919-621-1478
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire