C and D Events

Flexibility:
 (4.9/5.0)

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
These sisters came recommended by my coordinator and I'm very happy they did. They were very willing to work within a budget but were flexible as well. My flowers and centerpieces for my wedding were absolutely stunning. If you don't have your own ideas they definitely have a flair; but if you know exactly what you want, they can do it!

To sum it up: Amazing!
Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
C and D Events was so great to work with, and honestly, a life saver. Several of my friends that are getting married feel so stressed and I just didn't feel that way, and I can thank Dana and Courtney for that! I knew Dana from college and have watched her business grow over the years. As soon as we decided to get married, I reached out to Dana to see if they would be available. The chapel we chose as our ceremony location didn't provide a wedding director, and we needed someone who knew when to tell people to walk, etc. Dana's day of services were so much more than just the day of. She met with me, and my parents, on several occasions to go over details and questions. She worked tirelessly with the country club's wedding coordinators to make sure every detail was covered, and acted as a liasion between us and the club. Two weeks before she got in touch with each vendor to nail down the timeline and make sure all of their needs would be met. She directed the wedding, and hauled all the things we were bringing to the reception home with her so we wouldn't have to deliver them ourselves. The day of, Courtney went to the club and oversaw all the vendors and made sure the club was setting things up the way we asked. Dana came to the chapel and made sure everything was a go there, directed the wedding, and then went back to the Club so she could be there to also ensure everything was going smoothly. At the end of the night, they loaded up my parents' car and made sure all of our belongings were where we needed them to be. They were true lifesavers, and I couldn't be more happy with the way they handled everything to make sure my day was exactly how I wanted it. They are true professionals and know exactly how a wedding should be, and do whatever they need to do to ease the burden of the planning process. I highly encourage all brides to consider using C & D Events!
Wedding: 10/04/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I just got married a couple of weeks ago and could not have been more pleased with C and D events!
They did all my flowers, and then set up everything at the church, reception, and ran the show!
Becca and Dana made everything seamless! I enjoyed every single aspect of the day. If any crisis happened, I don't know about it! They did an awesome job letting me know when I had about 5 minutes until Cake cutting, father/daughter dance, bouquet toss, etc.
I seriously, LOVE them!
They were truly wonderful to work with and handled every detail beautifully.
Wedding: 08/09/2013
Services Used: Flowers, Wedding Planning, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Dana was extremely professional and easy to work with. I had a DIY wedding and had many unanswered questions before she came along. She met with my multiple times and really helped me sort everything out. Without her my wedding would have been such a mess. She saved my big day!! She also did our flowers at a VERY reasonable price and they were absolutely gorgeous. I would recommend her to ANYONE.
Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Courtney and Dana are nothing short of amazing. They took everything i had hoped for and turned it into a dream wedding. I was so relaxed knowing my day was in their hands, they really cared about my day just as much as I did and I could not have asked for anything more!! Thank you guys :)
C and D Events responded with the following comments:
We loved working with you!! We so enjoyed your day and getting the opportunity to work with you! You guys are so sweet and we wish you nothing but the best!
Wedding: 01/14/2012
3.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
In the beginning these planners did a great job of figuring out what we needed and giving us some guided direction, however as time went on, they weren't as easy to contact and didn't seem to be putting much effort into planning our wedding (maybe b/c we had an informal backyard wedding?). We'd ask for quotes for food and get 1 quote back- and it was ungodly expensive. Sometimes it felt like we had to pull teeth. On the flip side, they did find several good vendors that we would recommend to others. The day of the wedding we didn't see much of them, and several guests commented that our planners didn't seem friendly or appear that they wanted to be there. They did do a good job directing the ceremony though. The planner we worked with the most had a nice personality, but the other one didn't have one at all! For people who work with brides as a profession it seemed odd that she came off as grumpy and unfriendly most of the time. I would recommend them to friends, because they do seem to know what they're doing overall- and they know some great vendors, but I would caution using them if you need your entire wedding planned or expect someone with personality. Overall, my husband and I were disappointed b/c we didn't feel like we really got what we paid for.
C and D Events responded with the following comments:
We are sorry to hear that you were not happy overall with your experience. We felt like at the end of this wedding we did everything we could have to make it go off without any undue stress on you or your husband. We were cautious of your budget and went through various vendors, negotiating every contract, and even passing on savings that we typically collect to help you out.

We are typically very present on the day of a wedding, but for this case, since the wait staff was only contracted for a few hours, we ended up bussing all the tables, glasses, cutting the cake, and getting all the rentals back into the bins for pick up the next day. We were happy to do it, we didn't want your guests to have to see dirty dishes laying around or for your parents have to worry about cleaning up afterwards.

All that being said, we take our reviews very seriously and we will take into account your comments and improve on our communication.
Wedding: 09/10/2011

Valerie 5 Reviews
Courtney and Dana were the most remarkable people I could have chosen to work with for my wedding day. When we freaked out knowing there was an event in our space the night before mine and needed someone to absolutely, positively ensure that there would be no trace of it during my own wedding, C&D assured us they would take care of us. And take care of us they did, and with flying colors.

After we interviewed them and went back to our caterer to ask for wedding coordinator recommendations, C&D were at the top of the caterer's list. We could have not been more thankful for his comments; we knew we had picked a winner. Having the two women work our event (and not just one person) made every single piece flawless and seamless. One stayed in the bridal suite on the morning of the wedding while the other moved to the event space to bring our cards and favors and such and to make sure everything was in perfect working order.

C&D contacted and confirmed each of our vendors. They filled every hole I thought was empty, met each and every expectation, responded to all emails in a very timely manner, and were extraordinarily professional and yet down-to-earth, particularly when I had a freak-out when our first dance song came on before we got to the dance floor. I was truly overwhelmed by their demeanor, work ethic, and friendliness, and would not hesitate for a single second to say that Courtney and Dana's services are worth TWICE what they will ask for you in fees.
C and D Events responded with the following comments:
Thanks for the great review! We loved working with you guys and had such a great time at your wedding!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
C&D was incredible. Dana's calm, controlled, and friendly personality set everyone on the day of the wedding at ease. We first met only a few weeks prior to the big day and let me tell you, I was freaking out about how we would pull it all together. After one meeting with Dana I felt 100x better. She had a great handle on what needed to be decided and completed as well as how everything would play out on the wedding day.

She is great at dealing with the wide variety of people and personalities that are involved in a typical wedding. From kids, to grandparents, to mothers, to friends, I received feedback from everyone about how wonderful and helpful she was. My mom in particular mentioned that it really helped her to enjoy the day, knowing that whatever question or concern she had, Dana had it covered.

C&D are incredibly competent, professional and caring. I'd recommend them to any and everyone whether you need lots of help, from beginning to end, or simply day of event services.
C and D Events responded with the following comments:
We loved your wedding and working with the two of you! You all have such a sweet family and we enjoyed spending the weekend with everyone!
Wedding: 03/12/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was able to use C and D events to coordinate and direct my wedding in 2010. I could not have been more pleased! They are very professional, organized, and knowledgeable about the wedding industry. C and D were able to help me find vendors, met with me to answer questions and discuss options, and provided excellent rehearsal and wedding day service as directors. I am very pleased with them and highly recommend C and D events!
C and D Events responded with the following comments:
Thanks for the great review! We loved getting to chance to work with you!
Wedding: 06/26/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I cannot say enough good things about Courtney and Dana! They are very professional and work VERY hard the day of the wedding to make sure it goes smoothly without stressing the family. We had some difficult and stressful things happen and the ladies handled it. The went above and beyond to make sure the day went well.
I only wish we had hired them for more than just the day-of-event after I saw how wonderfully their part of the day went.
They really know how to keep things on schedule in a professional manner!
C and D Events responded with the following comments:
Thanks for the kind words! We are so glad that we got a chance to work with you guys!
Wedding: 05/22/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Courtney and Dana were great to work with. We mostly talked to them by email, other than when we picked out a reception venue and, obviously, the actual wedding day.

As an out of town couple, we went down to NC twice for planning and both times they were amazing. When we started looking at reception sites, the places in Durham suggested that we needed to move fast, so Josh and I literally flew down for a weekend on a week's notice (we had plans every other weekend for the next couple months). They researched and set up a TON of visits to reception sites for us on very short notice. I think we went to 8-10 on one Saturday. We would have never found most of the places (including where we decided to have the reception) without them. They came along to all the meetings and were very easy to work with, asked questions we had no idea about and were very good at pointing out the pros and cons of various places.

The second time we came down, they weren't able to join us, but they set up a jam-packed vendor weekend for us. We met about 6 DJs (all of which they found for us), two bakers (found by them) and a florist (found by them - I'm not a big flower person, so one was all I wanted.)

On the actual day of the wedding, they were a complete relief - they handled everything from having everybody in the right place at the right time to negotiating with our vendor when the bottom tier of our cake imploded shortly before the reception to having safety pins on hand to fix my dress when someone stepped on it 10 minutes after the dancing started. I'd say that time has only made us more appreciative of their skills. Since then, we've been to a number of weddings where we've seen how stressed the bride was and how friends and family had to be roped in to deal with tedious details - we really feel like our family and friends were able to relax and enjoy the wedding because they had everything under control.
C and D Events responded with the following comments:
Thanks so much for the kind words! We loved working with you two! We had such a great time planning and executing the day. It helped that you all were so great to work with :)
Wedding: 08/15/2009

velshnia 1 Reviews
C&D did an outstanding job of taking the worry off of our shoulders (and our parents' shoulders!), allowing us to enjoy our big day without fretting about anything. They coordinated our vendors, identifying and dealing with anything overlooked, and then made sure everything happened on time - all we had to do was show up and have a blast. I cannot recommend them enough.
C and D Events responded with the following comments:
We are so glad that you had no stress! That is our number one goal. We loved working with you guys and all your guests. We had such a great time!
Wedding: 08/08/2009
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Transportation
 919-621-1478
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire