A Formal Occasion

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

So as a young bride finishing her last year in college, I was not looking forward to the stress of wedding dress shopping. However, A Formal Occasion was recommended by a friend so I decided to give it a try. BEST DECISION EVER! Although it is a small shop, they have a wide selection of the most beautiful gowns in every single style. They were accommodating to my schedule. Even when I had to reschedule several times. I am extremely picky and detail oriented but my consultant was understanding and knowledgeable. This was my first stop and I found my dress in less than an hour! I didn't buy the same day and they didn't pressure me. When I brought my large family back to look at the dress with me they were professional and understanding. They were knowledgeable and respected my budget. I ordered my dress and it came early! To all the brides in the Metro Atlanta area, this will be your first and last stop. So stress free! Finding my gown was so much fun and I got so many compliments. I loved my Maggie Sottero!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I have nothing but good things to say!!!!! She was so sweet and made me feel so comfortable!!!

Recently Married

Awesome experience. After spending two hours at David's Bridal with a consultant that wouldn't listen to me, a formal occasion was a fresh breath of air. I walked in, told them exactly what I wanted and my price point and was in my dream dress within 5 minuets. Best vendor I worked with.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I had a wonderful time at A Formal Occasion. They were super flexible with me and let me try on as many dresses as I wanted, even though I fell in love with the second one I put one. They were not pushy and I never once felt pressured to have to buy something from them. Their accessories are really well made as well. I absolutely love my dress that I bought from them and it was a very reasonable price. I would definitely check out this boutique.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Found the perfect dresses! Payment plan was nice! Extremely friendly and helpful. They give you $ towards gown preservation as well.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Gorgeous wedding gowns found here! I love my dress so much and the service was amazing. Very friendly and patient with me. Highly recommend their service!

1+ year ago

I got my wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses here. Their dresses are beautiful and of high quality! They had a large color selection for the bridesmaid dresses and had the exact color I was looking for (that I couldn't find anywhere else)

1+ year ago

A Formal Occasion was a wonderful experience! They have reasonable prices for wedding gowns with a variety of boutique style dresses. They have early, late and weekend appointments available. The entire staff was very helpful and friendly. I was even able to put my dress on a payment schedule for 4 months, which was so helpful!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

All the staff was great! Each time I tried on a gown I got closer and closer to the one!! They really listened to what I said and got closer to my preference! Reasonable prices with a great selection!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Such a great experience! I walked in without an appointment and they were more than accommodating! I found the perfect dress with their help. Highly recommend A Formal Occasion.

Chelsey
1 Review
10/05/2013

I loved going here and getting my dress! Very very nice and helpfully. It's all about you when you go there.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I posted this same review on facebook, but i still mean every word so I am pasting here: After being treated like cattle at one of those big chain bridal stores...(you know the one...where they help 3 brides at once, have random vendors approach you about table runners while you are trying to have a special moment etc...) I was feeling depressed about the whole wedding gown ordeal. I am so glad we checked the reviews for A Formal Occasion and decided to come in! You made me feel like the only bride in the world, and I was treated like I was spending 10x what I did. The dress is perfect. I am one of those brides that does everything with their significant other, so there was no question who would have a say in the dress, a lot of places had a real problem with that, but you made him and my 4 yr old son feel welcome too. I really appreciate the later hours on certain days, and the alterations person you recommended was fabulous.

Addition:
The dress really was perfect for my day! It looked more expensive than it was, looks amazing in photos, and was just what i was picturing without having any idea what i was picturing. Thank you for all your help!

Anonymous
1 Review
1+ year ago

The owner was very nice and extremely helpful. It was a great experience!

marlana
09/14/2013

Upon entering this shop I was a little skeptical. It was so small compared to some of the other places I'd been to. I had an idea in mind of what I wanted and I explained this to the shop owner who also provided me with her input. Initially I was taken a back by her input and thoughts because I figured I knew what I wanted and what would look good on me, but I must admit, she knows her stuff. She urged me to try on a dress that I didn't think I'd like and when I did, I was astounded by how beautiful it was on. Everything about it was perfect, the style, the fit, the simplicity, the wow factor...EVERYTHING. It was a Sottero and Midgely gown, and I received so many compliments. I would definitely recommend A Formal Occasion to any bride and I would also go back to purchase an evening gown for any formal event. They have totally earned a lifetime customer.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Everyone I worked with at the store was friendly and professional. I received personal attention when trying on dresses. They have a great selection of dresses at reasonable prices, and I was able to find the perfect dress at a great price. Overall, it was a wonderful experience!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Lucinda and her staff were so very helpful. She had picked a dress she thought I would like just by talking with me on the phone, and it was the one I purchased! Also even on a busy day and squeezing my appointment in she made me feel special and paid attention to me. Great personalized experience!