A Formal Occasion

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Found the perfect dresses! Payment plan was nice! Extremely friendly and helpful. They give you $ towards gown preservation as well.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Gorgeous wedding gowns found here! I love my dress so much and the service was amazing. Very friendly and patient with me. Highly recommend their service!

Recently Married

I got my wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses here. Their dresses are beautiful and of high quality! They had a large color selection for the bridesmaid dresses and had the exact color I was looking for (that I couldn't find anywhere else)

Recently Married

A Formal Occasion was a wonderful experience! They have reasonable prices for wedding gowns with a variety of boutique style dresses. They have early, late and weekend appointments available. The entire staff was very helpful and friendly. I was even able to put my dress on a payment schedule for 4 months, which was so helpful!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

All the staff was great! Each time I tried on a gown I got closer and closer to the one!! They really listened to what I said and got closer to my preference! Reasonable prices with a great selection!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Such a great experience! I walked in without an appointment and they were more than accommodating! I found the perfect dress with their help. Highly recommend A Formal Occasion.

Chelsey
10/05/2013

I loved going here and getting my dress! Very very nice and helpfully. It's all about you when you go there.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I posted this same review on facebook, but i still mean every word so I am pasting here: After being treated like cattle at one of those big chain bridal stores...(you know the one...where they help 3 brides at once, have random vendors approach you about table runners while you are trying to have a special moment etc...) I was feeling depressed about the whole wedding gown ordeal. I am so glad we checked the reviews for A Formal Occasion and decided to come in! You made me feel like the only bride in the world, and I was treated like I was spending 10x what I did. The dress is perfect. I am one of those brides that does everything with their significant other, so there was no question who would have a say in the dress, a lot of places had a real problem with that, but you made him and my 4 yr old son feel welcome too. I really appreciate the later hours on certain days, and the alterations person you recommended was fabulous.

Addition:
The dress really was perfect for my day! It looked more expensive than it was, looks amazing in photos, and was just what i was picturing without having any idea what i was picturing. Thank you for all your help!

Anonymous
1+ year ago

The owner was very nice and extremely helpful. It was a great experience!

marlana
09/14/2013

Upon entering this shop I was a little skeptical. It was so small compared to some of the other places I'd been to. I had an idea in mind of what I wanted and I explained this to the shop owner who also provided me with her input. Initially I was taken a back by her input and thoughts because I figured I knew what I wanted and what would look good on me, but I must admit, she knows her stuff. She urged me to try on a dress that I didn't think I'd like and when I did, I was astounded by how beautiful it was on. Everything about it was perfect, the style, the fit, the simplicity, the wow factor...EVERYTHING. It was a Sottero and Midgely gown, and I received so many compliments. I would definitely recommend A Formal Occasion to any bride and I would also go back to purchase an evening gown for any formal event. They have totally earned a lifetime customer.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Everyone I worked with at the store was friendly and professional. I received personal attention when trying on dresses. They have a great selection of dresses at reasonable prices, and I was able to find the perfect dress at a great price. Overall, it was a wonderful experience!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Lucinda and her staff were so very helpful. She had picked a dress she thought I would like just by talking with me on the phone, and it was the one I purchased! Also even on a busy day and squeezing my appointment in she made me feel special and paid attention to me. Great personalized experience!

1+ year ago

I spent one weekend in Atlanta looking around several different bridal boutiques to find a dress for my wedding. There were a few dresses that would have been nice but I was not completely sold on any of them. I found A Formal Occasion on Bells Ferry Road in Kennesaw and decided to give them a shot. Monday morning I called and they told me to come on in to try on dresses. Upon arrival, I was greeting by the owner of the store who was the most lovely, kind, helpful, and unpretentious woman I had met over the past couple of days. She spent the next three hours helping me to narrow down my choices of dresses until we finally tried on "the one." She pulled it out of a different area of the store and surprised me with it as it was not something I had been imagining that I would want. However, immediately upon putting it on I was struck with how perfect it was and I ended up buying it from her right then. She was skilled at her job to watch me carefully as I tried on other dresses and get a glimpse of dresses that I might like even before I knew I would like them. She was not pushy at all to sell any of her products, which I very much appreciate.

Due to the fact that I purchased my dress "off the rack," I cannot evaluate the promptness of the arrival of my wedding dress from her store, though I am assured she would have done a great job with that as well.

She also has a variety of earrings, head pieces, veils etc from which you can choose. I found very nice earrings and a bracelet to match my dress there. Most of her dresses ran less than $3000 if I remember correctly. She has a great selection for that price point in my opinion.

A Formal Occasion will also steam your dress the a day or two before your wedding to ensure it is looking it's best on your big day!

Additionally, she has a seamstress who works in the store below her who is reasonable priced and did a great job with my dress!

Renee
05/04/2013

A Formal Occasion is AWESOME! They truly stand out above the rest when it comes to wedding gowns. i had gone to David''s Bridal and was less than impressed, but as soon as I walked in (without an appointment) I was greeted with a smile. I had walked in shortly before closing, yet they still took the time to let me look at their gorgeous dresses. I went back a few months later and bought one of the first dresses I tried on! They have fantastic payment plans, really reasonable prices, great quality, and they are always so helpful and nice when I call or stop by. I love A Formal Occasion and would recommend them to anyone! Buy your dress with them, you won't regret it!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I bought my wedding dress from A Formal Occasion and am so happy I found them! I actually found the dress I wanted in a boutique in Buckhead, but they didn't have my size. I called around and found that A Formal Occasion actually had the dress I wanted in my size! I bought the dress off the rack! (And it was cheaper than the boutique!) A Formal Occassion is a gem of a bridal store! It's located in Kennesaw and definitely worth the drive! (It's not that far). The selections of bridal gowns are beautiful and affordable! The layout of the store is great too - it's intimate and feels like a boutique!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Pat is very professional and helpful when my husband ordered his tux as well as his groomsmen's tux for our Sept wedding. He accommodated our out of town guys as well as our small boys (ages 2 & 10). Great rates and customer service. Would def. recommend them.