Rev. Jude Smith - Interfaith Minister

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Jude did an excellent job with our ceremony, making it custom to how we wanted and how our families (of various religious backgrounds) requested. She found the perfect median and we received many compliments from our family after the ceremony. Jude was very warm and welcoming, and she was also able to educate us on the process. She sat down with us for multiple meetings and assured that we were both comfortable with the ceremony. I would definitely recommend Jude Smith as a wedding officiant.

Services Used: Officiant
LOCATION
PO Box 45, Rhinebeck, NY 12572

Handcrafted Ceremonies That Touch The Heart

Congratulations! You have chosen to embark on one of life’s greatest adventures – the committed partnership between two people, each devoted to unconditionally loving the other, and to working together in common purpose and shared harmony.

And just as you have chosen to formally sanctify the depth of your relationship, you are also abo ut to choose the style of ceremony and the officiant that best reflects your personal, spiritual and emotional preferences.

As a non-denominational interfaith minister, I hold the perspective that there is an essential and common spirituality underlying all of the world's faith traditions. It is a spirituality that speaks to the universal truths that resonate within our hearts, serving to authentically connect people on an intuitive level. I bring that authentic expression of spirituality to the ceremonies I jointly create with couples in such a way that the experience is sacred, elegant, meaningful, and transformative.

As a contemporary non-denominational wedding officiant, I enjoy working with people of all faiths, preferences, and spiritual paths, especially those who feel spiritual but not necessarily religious.  I believe that our hearts choose our partners, and I celebrate marriage equality for all.  I offer warm and distinctive ceremonies that support your beliefs, values and traditions.

I am sensitive to the fact that many people are not certain of the style of ceremony that will best represent them. I delight in working with couples to assist them in gaining that clarity, so that together we can custom design a ceremony that is a unique reflection of you.

I officiate at weddings, commitment ceremonies, civil unions, and the remaking of vows.  I also officiate at all of life's transitions, including baby naming and blessing ceremonies.  I practice throughout the Hudson Valley of New York, including the Catskill Mountain region, and cover the counties of  Dutchess, Ulster, Columbia, Putnam, Westchester, Orange, Albany, and Greene.  I am also available to officiate at weddings in the Berkshire Mountains of southwestern Massachusetts, as well as the western portions of Connecticut. Should you be traveling to the Hudson Valley as a destination wedding, I am very comfortable working remotely, and am able to coordinate all of the details of your special day in a way that will allow it to be a stress-free success.

I look forward to having you contact me so that we can explore our synergy and the way in which we can complement one another while crafting a ceremony that is uniquely you.

Details
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Ceremony, Single Religion Ceremony
Religious affliliations: Agnostic, Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Christian (no denomination), Christian - Baptist, Christian - Catholic, C...