Mary Dougherty Photography

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

My husband and I loved working with Mary! Neither of us are particularly comfortable in front of the camera, and we really wanted pictures that were authentic to us, so naturally I assumed the pictures would be painfully awkward. Mary's primary concern was getting to know us and our story to ensure we got exactly what we wanted. We chose to go with an engagement shoot that helped us to get to know Mary and her style. Not only did it help us to feel more comfortable, but she captured some beautiful moments. In the months leading up to the wedding, we had a loose plan of what the day would look that we began to firm up as the date grew closer. Although my husband insisted that he did not want to do a first look, he changed his mind days before the wedding. Mary was flexible and worked with me and our venue to make it happen. Our first look was incredible, and Mary's pictures captured those moments perfectly. Throughout the ceremony, reception, and dancing, it was almost like Mary was not even there but managed to capture the special, organic moments that my husband and I really wanted. Because Mary really got to know us and our story, she captured us and our wedding day in the ways that would be most meaningful to us.

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
Rochester, NY
BLOG

modern and personal wedding photography

Hi, I'm Mary, based in New York and traveling Nationwide to capture simple, modern and beautiful imagery for creative couples. Since the client / photographer relationship is so close it's important for me to connect with each couple to allow them to feel comfortable in front of the camera. I love to run, cook, and spend time with my husband and two mini dachshunds. I look forward to seeing if I am the right photographer for you!

Rochester, New York & Nationwide