Kate Whitmore Photography

Kate Whitmore Photography

Columbus, GA 31904 | map

About Us
I’m Kate, a lifestyle & wedding photographer living just outside of Columbus, Georgia. I reside in a cute little house with
my husband, my support, and the force behind me becoming the awesome photographer I want to be–Brett. He also
serves as my incredible assistant and the best 3rd & 4th eyes I could ask for when it comes to shooting.

Although primarily a photographer in Columbus, Georgia and Auburn, Alabama, I am available for travel worldwide.
As long as you are in love, I’ll be there to document it. Simple as that.

photo by Chris and Adrienne Scott, Photographers

If I had to choose three words to describe myself, my business and my style of photography, they would be fresh, real and lively.
Fresh because there is a sense of vitality, energy and originality in what I do. Real because your resulting images will always
reflect essential and genuine character. The YOU will shine through in every image. Lively because this business revolves
around being full of life and showing that in each and every photograph. With a business that revolves around these three words,
I am able to hand over amazing portraits as well as many candid images, which are my favorite way to capture your family. My
goal is to provide you with images full of raw emotion that you will continue to cherish in years to come.

The number one reason I’m good at my job is because I’m emotional. Not in a slobbery-blubbery-crying-all-the-time way, but in
a way that allows me to feel some sort of emotion in every situation I’m in. When I’m crying, it’s usually out of happiness for
someone else. I connect. I put myself in the shoes of that person. Although my sweet husband has nailed the exact moments
that I will cry and can catch me before I have completely teared up, I don’t see it as a weakness. I see it as a strength. A huge
strength. One that allows me to see the world in a beautiful light. That is why I would never consider myself a traditional portrait
photographer and why most of the images you see from me are not the smile-and-say-cheese type. The emotion in moments is
what I strive to capture. It’s just a plus that I’m naturally ‘emotional.’

If you would like more information, feel free to take a look at my website and then shoot me an email at hello@katewhitmore.com.
I look forward to hearing from you!

*Member of Professional Photographers of America