Ashley Durham Studios

Profile Picture
Stefan
1 Review
10/18/2014

My partner and I had the pleasure working with Ashley and Randy at Ashley Durham Photography leading up to and during our wedding. Interestingly enough, it was their first California wedding after moving back to Palm Springs from Colorado, as well as their first LGBT wedding ever. So, as to make sure we were happy and that they’d get a comprehensive idea of what we were looking for, we spent time together, filled them in on our history as a couple as well as our plans, for the wedding and life! Also, ran through some peculiarities as to how certain ‘straight’ things just don’t work when shooting a gay couple. They had an open mind, got it all and delivered a smooth and spot-on performance with compliments still pouring in from our friends around the world.

It was just a perfect experience all around. The attention we received for the price we paid was excellent. Ashley and Randy blended into our group of guests seamlessly and it felt like they weren’t there. Yet, they managed to brilliantly capture the vintage chic, preppy and stylish atmosphere we had been working on creating, including the most natural and simply coolest snapshots of our guests. Among the probably 5.000 photos we received (all in color and black/white) where maybe only a handful of ones we didn’t like – but that is most certainly a subjective call. Most importantly, they guided us and we let ourselves be guided as to what they thought would be the must-haves; again, no disappointment here.

The attention to detail was great. Shortly after the wedding, Ashley published a quick sneak at what was to come and everyone among our guests couldn’t wait for more. The eventual blog told a wonderful story of a great day in the desert…including shout outs to all vendors, and every designer that contributed. A perfect memory.

Services Used: Photography
LOCATION
Palm Springs, CA

Boudoir + Wedding Photojournalist

Hello, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

My name is Ashley Durham, and I am a wedding photographer located in the Palm Springs area. I absolutely LOVE capturing weddings - the romance, the excitement, the details - everything about it! :) I shoot every wedding with my husband, Randy and we love becoming friends with our bri des and grooms. I think that might be the best part of being a wedding photographer - we really get to know our friends, and therefore capturing their wedding day feels like we're part of the party.

Our style is what I call "romantic photojournalism" - meaning our focus is on telling your love story: the details big and small, the smiles, the tears, the dancing (good ... and the bad, haha!), and everything else in between. We want you to treasure your wedding memories for so many years to come!

Now booking weddings and elopements for 2015 in the Southern California area (available to travel out of the area, too!).

Details
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Traditional
Services: 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations,...
Items: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Save the Date, Thank You Cards
ENDORSEMENTS (1)
Having worked with Ashley on many photo shoots as a hair and makeup artist, I can say with confidence that you will be absolutely thrilled to have her shoot your wedding! She is professional and fun! Best of all, she listens to what you want, and will do whatever it takes to get those shots! The photos truly do speak for themselves, so you don't have to take my word for it!
ASSOCIATIONS I BELONG TO (1)
Ashley Durham Studios is a wedding photographer from Southern California. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Palm Springs, San Diego, and Orange County. Ashley Durham Studios is a professional wedding photographer that has been part of the Southern California wedding industry for 4 years. We specialize in boudoir, portrait sessions as well as photojournalistic wedding photography