Zilli Hospitality Group Reviews

Zilli Hospitality Group 6
Zilli Hospitality Group 7
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Pytlik · Getting married on 11/21/2019

Great food and great service

Rachael and Paula are so pleasant to work with! They listened to everything we wanted got back to us in good time. Can’t wait to enjoy the planning process with them!! They are awesome!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Zilli Hospitality Group's reply:

Thank you for your review Jenni! We are so glad to hear you've been enjoying your planning process with Rachael & Paula! Looking forward to Adam's and your big day at the end of this year!
  • Ashley

Ashley Davidson · Getting married on 10/26/2019

Accommodating, Professional and Enjoyable to work with

Zilli's was very accommodating and helpful from the start. We worked with Beth on the details leading up to the big day. She was very responsive, helpful and understanding of any and all changes and requests we had throughout the entire process. Candy was accommodating with special requests and was extremely helpful at our final walk through and was even all hands on deck on the day of helping wherever she was needed - even helping out with other vendors tasks! Tyler was our event manager - we had heard great things about him beforehand which is why we requested him for our wedding night. He was very present and checked in on myself and my husband to make sure we were doing okay throughout the night. Additionally, the staff seemed very professional and had an appropriate sense of urgency to get everyone served in a timely matter. The food was outstanding - both passed apps and the main dinner portion - and we heard this from many guests. We are thankful for the entire Zilli's team work and dedication to making our special day a success. 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Ramsey · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing Group, Wonderful Wedding Experience

Can't say enough good things about the Zilli Hospitality Group, who took charge of our event at the Milwaukee Public Museum. We knew exactly what our approximate cost would be going into the wedding because the prices they lay out were all inclusive (at least it was for us), which made budgeting well ahead of time a breeze.

The food (we got the buffet style of dining), as well as the bar were top notch and people had nothing but good things to say. Nicole, Noel and Todd did such an amazing job of making our wedding almost seamless.

Truly, the only things we had to worry about when we chose MPM as our venue was the other vendors (photographer, DJ, cake, officiant, etc.). They even when above and beyond at MPM to help our vendors; making sure the cake was where it needed to be, helping our photographer navigate, coordinating with the DJ, etc.

Thank you Zilli so much for making our special day go as well as it did. Also, can't recommend MPM enough for a venue! Was such a unique location and our guest had a blast between traditional wedding things (dining, dancing, etc.) but also getting the chance to explore a portion of the museum, checking out the video we made that played in the theater, and the guest favors being vouchers to the candy store (which people LOVED).

Thanks so much again, truly these guys are the best.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Michelle · Married on 08/10/2019

Top-Notch food & Service

Paul and Rachel were outstanding to work and plan my wedding with. ZHG is so professional and timely. They made out wedding day so easy! Thank you! P.s. I highly recommend the short ribs and Parmesan crusted chicken breast!

Sent on 08/23/2019

Abby · Married on 08/03/2019

Best Caterer!!

Zilli was absolutely amazing! The food is incredible and I can't say how so many of my guests said the food was so delicious. At the wedding a server had our hors d'oeuvres placed aside for me and the groom. As we first went to get our food (we did buffet) a server brought the plates back to us (which is such a relief to not have a possible slip up and spill on yourself!) The food was delicious and the staff was attentive and on time. I really wanted the buffet to go as quickly as possibly and Paula graciously allowed me to have four lines for people to get there food as fast as possible. Something we thought that was very thoughtful was the staff at our wedding signed a card from them and hoped we loved there services...we did :)

Sent on 08/11/2019

Maddy Fuja · Married on 05/03/2019

A month later, and our guests are still raving about the food!

Our coordinator recommended Zilli’s as a cost-effective but tasty option for our wedding catering... and boy, they did not disappoint! A month later & our guests are still raving about the food!!

Being such an experienced company, they can really do ANYTHING you envision, which was a plus for us. We went with stations, which our guests thought were so fun... especially the stir-fry station (served in Chinese takeout containers!!) and the carvery.

Misty even came up to us personally at the reception to congratulate us... so kind!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Zilli Hospitality Group's reply:

Thank you so much Maddy! We are so thrilled to hear your coordinator & your guests love our food stations! Best wishes to you!

Monika · Married on 11/03/2018

Above and Beyond

Zilli was an incredible vendor to partner with for our wedding. Everyone we worked with was incredibly helpful, made great suggestions, and really helped us craft our perfect day. We utilized Zilli's for our floral, meals, linens, and other decorations. The service was fantastic. Our favorite part was the tray of appetizers that were brought to us as we sat down for dinner. Like most weddings, we were not able to get any because we were busy speaking to other couples. It was an amazing touch from Todd and his team. The food itself and all of the flowers looked unbelievable, and it was an absolute pleasure working with Todd and Katie to make it personal to us. I would recommend them to anyone throwing an event in the Greater Milwaukee area, as the quality of their food, service, and expertise is difficult to match.

Sent on 11/22/2018

Zilli Hospitality Group's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Monika! We are so thrilled you had a wonderful wedding day experience and that we could be a part of it! All our best to you & Brett!

Nancy · Married on 09/01/2018

My daughters inlaws put on the rehearsal dinner for her wedding on The Grand Belle on Lake Geneva for her and her husband to be. Zilli's did a great job on the food and the floral arrangements. The food was hot and tasty and the floral arrangements were lovely. The staff was very friendly and professional. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Zilli Hospitality Group's reply:

Thank you Nancy for your kind words about our food, Adorn by Zilli florals and our staff! It was such a joy to be a part of Janelle & Alex’s rehearsal dinner. Thanks for having us!

Cayla · Married on 08/25/2018

Jessica P was amazing to work with! She was so accessible, detail-oriented, flexible, and enthusiastic to help create our special day! The venue was ABSOLUTELY perfect. No need for our own decorations- they provided it all! Overlooking the art museum and lake michigan.. gorgeous. Thank you!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Zilli Hospitality Group's reply:

We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience working with Jessica, and that you loved our newly remodeled Zilli Lake & Gardens & Coast space. All the best to you and Taylor!
  • Johnny and Cora

Johnny and Cora · Married on 08/19/2018

I cannot say enough about Zilli Lake & Gardens!!! I worked with Candy, Michele and Elizabeth. They were all gracious, kind and patient! They were also very flexible with our schedules. There were several times the Groom couldn't make the tastings and other meetings, but they provided a second tasting just for him and kept things moving right along. The food was phenomenal!!! My guests are still talking about it. I have to say that it was one of the best buffet menus we have ever had! Some wanted to know if they could just order some of the items just to have for their families! I have to say it again, THE FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING!!!! and we had a late night station, soooo much food! My guest were really impressed! The staff was over the top with kindness, just perfect! Thanks for making us look good!! :-)

Thank you Zilli, you were the icing on the cake!!!!

Sent on 09/13/2018
    Zilli Hospitality Group 12
    Zilli Hospitality Group 13
    Zilli Hospitality Group 14

Stephanie · Married on 06/09/2018

We had our wedding at Cupola Barn in Oconomowoc, which just opened up last fall and was a new venue for Zilli's Hospitality Group which presented some initial challenges being a barn venue. We had asked for a sit down, formal meal, as well as hand-passed appetizers and bartending services. The food was absolutely amazing and our guests loved the duet plate option with short ribs and grilled chicken. The appetizers were a big hit as well - the staff even saved appetizers for my husband and I to try before the dinner which was a thoughtful touch! We were so impressed with the amount of staff present on the wedding day to make our sit-down meal seamless and efficient. It was nice having an all-inclusive price including tablecloths, cake-cutting, gratuity, dinnerware, etc, which made planning and budgeting a much less stressful task. Also, we went with Adorn for our flowers, which was even more convenient for pricing and delivery on the day of, seeing as they are partnered with Zilli's. Our flowers were far beyond what we could have imagined - they were so beautiful and fresh, and we allowed our florist to use her own discretion with the centerpiece arrangements which was a wonderful decision. We received countless compliments on the food, flowers, and staff services on our wedding day. Overall, the services that ZHG and Adorn provide are professional, high-quality, thoughtful, and well worth their value!

Sent on 09/09/2018
    Zilli Hospitality Group 15
    Zilli Hospitality Group 16
    Zilli Hospitality Group 17
    Zilli Hospitality Group 18

Debbie · Married on 06/09/2018

We cannot say enough about the service, food and follow up the Zilli's gave us. Our daughter got married at the Cupola Barn in June and we knew right away after meeting with Zilli's Hospitality Group that we wanted them to cater. Besides catering they provided the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. Upon arrival at the reception they were ready for us even with a few eager relatives arriving early. They gave us all first class attention. The wait staff, appetizers, bar staff, dinner and service was beyond any of our expectations. We received so many compliments from guests. As mother of the bride I had nothing to do but enjoy our daughter's wedding. Thank you Steph Zilli and all of your staff for looking after all the finer details and making this a wedding to remember. Every bride's dream!!! XX00

Sent on 09/11/2018

Michelle · Married on 06/02/2018

Zilli did an amazing job at my sisters wedding in June. It was a newer venue in Oconomowoc, Cupola Barn, and Zilli’s made it seem effortless. They had very helpful and professional staff and the food was excellent. One of the best meals I have ever had at a wedding. They were so willing to work with my sister and make everything the way she wanted it. I would highly recommend Zilli’s. Great service!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Sandra · Married on 04/14/2018

My son got married on April 14, 2018. When I found out he was getting married in Wisconsin and I am from Louisiana, I panicked. In my searches for the perfect rehearsal dinner venue, I found Boerner Botanical Gardens. I could not have picked a better place for the dinner. Zilli Hospitality was great. I planned the whole rehearsal dinner via email and phone calls. The events manager was so helpful. I had to change numbers of guests, menu, and other things many times. Jan and Amber were great to accommodate any changes I had to make. The setting, service, and food was fantastic and I would highly recommend this company.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Alyssa · Married on 10/14/2017

We had a great experience using Zilli Hospitality Group for the catering at our wedding. We could tell that they were an experienced catering company and it showed on our wedding day. Everything ran very smoothly and they seemed to work seamlessly with our venue. We had hors d'oeuvres passed during cocktail hour and they were all excellent. We had a buffet style dinner and all the food was high quality and delicious. We also appreciated that they had staff making sure that my husband and I were satisfied with everything and had everything we needed. Anything we asked for was immediately taken care of. We would recommend using Zilli Hospitality Group for your next event!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Ryan · Married on 10/14/2017

Wedding food and drink is one of the few things people remember about weddings, and is likely the biggest expense so this was a major source of anxiety for us. Of all the caterers we looked at in the Milwaukee area, ZHG was the most affordable and had the most options. We were on a tight budget so we chose the little indulgences package (stations type dinner). Choosing this package offered so many options that we had a hard time deciding what we liked best. Our concern was that this option would not be enough to fill everyone up. At our tasting we knew this wouldn’t be a problem as everything was so good, we left stuffed, and we ate less than what the planned per person was. ZHG also offers bar service. I shopped around to get price comparison for other vendors that just provide bar service, and again ZHG offered this at the lowest price. We originally only were going to go beer, wine and soda service all night, but the price to upgrade to open bar all night was too good to pass up. The guests certainly appreciated that. Our coordinator, Paula, was great to work with. I called and emailed her so many times and she was always quick to respond and never made it seem like I was bothering her. The last week before the wedding I called her so many times and had her price out different last minute changes/options for me and she was always very pleasant and accommodating with anything I asked for. We rented linens from them and were able to pick them up 2 days early and setup our ballroom the night before. The staff and bartenders were great all night and they set up the stations exactly how we wanted them to match our theme. All of our guests were very impressed with the food and the amount of options. The only small thing we would do differently is get bigger plates for the stations, the small plates sometimes caused minor backups. Would highly recommend ZHG for anyone based on how good the food was, the customer service, and the price.

Sent on 12/19/2017
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 08/26/2017

We had our wedding in August 2017 at the Miller Room and everything was perfect. From the day I booked the venue until the day of the wedding, the staff at Zilli were responsive, helpful, and invested in making our wedding day great. The food on the day of the wedding (we did buffet-style) tasted the same as it did during the tasting, and it was easily the best wedding food we had ever eaten. I actually received texts from people during dinner saying that the food was awesome! I went into the catering selection process expecting all food to taste like "wedding food", so Zilli exceeded my expectations and I would recommend them to anyone else considering their services.

Sent on 12/27/2017

pam · Married on 08/18/2017

From the beginning to end we had a wonderful experience! Zilli's found us Hot Water Wherehouse for our venue (Industrial Chic with many unique features) for the reception and was perfect. Lisa R arranged for us a food tasting banquet of all the wonderful choices we could have for food stations. It was so delicious! Lisa also coordinated with the venue the table arrangements and Zilli's brought all the linens and table runners so everything looked perfect. We also used their floral service, Adorn, for our table floral arrangements which were perfect. The reception was on Friday and everything ran smoothly. We had hors d'oeuvres (my favorites: grapes with a twist & bacon wrapped chicken) passed for the first hour, followed by interactive food stations for dinner. The Mongolian BBQ with steak or shrimp and vegetables was cooked on site and our guests enjoyed watching the chef prepare their meal. The second station was my favorite: walking chicken tacos which were layered in a mason jar with aioli sauce, We also had a Friday night fish fry station with baked cod, potato pancakes and apple sauce and the last station was fruits, cheeses and grilled vegetables. Followed by small desserts of raspberry cheesecakes, key lime tarts and red velvet mini cupcakes. If you want your guests to rave about the great tasting food and great presentation of the food you will love Zilli's Hospitality Group for your wedding reception or party.

Sent on 08/21/2017
  • Joelle

Joelle · Married on 10/08/2016

We cannot say enough about how WONDERFUL Zilli was to work with! From the minute we meet them at the Bridal Show we knew they were the one we wanted to have as our caterer for our wedding. HIGHLY recommend!!!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Zilli Hospitality Group will make even your rehearsal dinner an event to be talked about weeks after the event. The rehearsal dinner they catered for my son's wedding was out of this world! Every detail was perfect - food, linens, decor, station set up, service...the food was amazing, the staff was so wonderful and accommodating, and I didn't have to worry about a thing going wrong! I can't wait to use Zilli's again for my next event! Thank you to everyone from Steph, Angie, Katie, Beth, Cheyenne, Todd B, Virginia, Lisa, Bethany and the culinary team who made the awesome food...I can't thank you enough! We also used Adorn, the floral division of Zilli Hospitality Group for the wedding floral - all I can say is WOW! Everything was absolutely beautiful! Katie and Beth did an amazing job and the church and reception venue looked exactly as we had planned.

Sent on 10/13/2016
  • Cindy

Cindy · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband and I got married at the Milwaukee County War Memorial Center. They have a pre-approved catering list, and we did not know where to start! We did our research and looked at reviews, and narrowed it down to two caterers: one being Zilli. We attended our taste consultation by Zilli, and it was delicious. The food blew us out of the water. Mrs. Paula was also very personable and listened to all of our concerns. They were willing to work with our ethnic dishes, and our budget. All of this, and their ability to work with our contract (hubby is in the military and we needed to work out something in case of a deployment), made us choose Zilli. The day of the wedding, everything was set up perfectly. The coordinator of the day introduced herself, and made sure the day ran smoothly. As for the the food, we got nothing but compliments on the food. Our menu for the night consisted of Hawaiian BBQ, Mac N Cheese, Pasta, Bread etc. It was absolutely delicious. Overall, we highly recommend Zilli.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Patrick · Married on 06/26/2016

We had a brunch reception after our wedding ceremony and Zilli was very accommodating. Their brunch options were absolutely delicious and were a huge hit with our friends and family. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 12/08/2016

We're in the process of booking our wedding and catering was the first turn we made after we knew our location. Jamie has been excellent to work with. She only provides bumpers to our ideas when we need to understand limits of space or time. She runs right along with us and how we want it to look, feel and taste. The specialty menu they prepared for us is out of this world--and affordable. We found food is the way to make our wedding unique and our partner, Zilli agrees. It's been an outstanding experience.

Sent on 02/20/2015

I was recommended to Zilli by a friend but was still a little unsure about the quality. I will say I've been pleasantly surprised with everything. Working with them is very easy, they even ordered a bunch of linens and set up mock tables to assist me in making my decision. Food is great and the appetizer selection is wonderful.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/12/2015

We had an amazing wedding! Zilli did an outstanding job on the catering and set up for our event. Everyone loved the options we picked and absolutely enjoyed ever bite of our delicious choices. If I had to go with catering or an event set up for any other event or wedding We would definitely recommend Zilli Hospitality Group. They made our dream night a reality!

Sent on 11/08/2015