Zest it Up Reviews

Zest it Up 4
Zest it Up 5
  • Kaylee

Kaylee · Married on 08/17/2019

I highly recommend Zest it Up for their coordination services!

I would absolutely recommend Zest it Up for their coordination services! Sam and Chanda are professional and polished, and they have great relationships with local vendors. They offer sound advice, are helpful in managing your "to do" list, and on the day of our wedding Sam was there to make sure everything went off without a hitch! I am a former event coordinator and chose to work with Zest from my past experiences with the company and their amazing reputation. For brides and grooms on the fence about hiring a coordinator - do yourself a favor and hire one! Details and personalized touches are the bread and butter of any wedding, and with all the craziness leading up to your big day, it's hard to execute those things without some help and guidance. There is nothing better than piece of mind and the Zest girls made sure my groom and I could enjoy our day to the fullest. We love Sam + Chanda!

Sent on 09/12/2019
    Zest it Up 6
    Zest it Up 7

Kimberly Fischer · Married on 01/05/2019

Wonderful and Helpful!

I would 100% recommend Zest It Up. They were wonderful two work with and created a positive planning experience for me. They took the jumbled up ideas from my mind and created a beautiful vision that exactly fit what I had always wanted. Then they took that vision and helped me to make it a reality. When the bride's worst nightmare happened... rain... Sam and Chadra were so calm and helped me execute a beautiful back up plan. Their experience and creativity gave me confidence that I would still have the beautiful wedding of my dreams. Thank you for helping us celebrate in the most amazing way possible!

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 09/08/2018

Zest it Up made our wedding dreams come true! We hired Zest for both catering and planning. My husband and I were planning out of state while dealing with crazy personal and professional schedules. I know I could not have planned the beautiful and fun wedding we had without the help of Sam, Chanda, Taylor, and Emma. They quickly eliminated any worries we had leading up to the wedding, and on the day of, I was completely relaxed and enjoying the limited time we had with our friends and family. I'm so grateful for all of their hard work.

Their food was also amazing!! The cheese platter appetizer, along with the bacon wrapped dates and grilled asparagus spears were a huge hit. One guest said it was "the best cheese platter of his life." Similarly, the vegetarian lasagna pleased vegetarians and carnivores alike and was so tasty! All I can say is I wish there were more leftovers. The carrot cutting cake they made for my husband and I was also truly delicious and pretty to look at. For guests we had mini pies and mini-cupcakes, which were devoured rapidly! I heard compliments from our guests all night about the mixed berry pie and brown butter cupcakes! I am so happy our guests enjoyed themselves as much as they did, it was everything we hoped for.

Basically in summary, hiring Zest was the key to our wedding planning success and I am so glad our venue got us in touch with them. The wedding planning process was not stressful and because of them we got to focus on the little details that made our wedding what it was!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Emily · Married on 08/18/2018

WOW WOW WOW! I mean if you weren't already sold on booking Zest It Up based on the previous reviews, let this one sway you... They are AMAZING!! I honestly think I got as many compliments on the food as I did on my wedding dress (and everything else for that matter). Everything was incredible!

Aside from the food, the Zest It Up crew is amazing!!! So professional and efficient, very flexible and SUPER accommodating. They were always happy to send us updated invoices/quotes with any little changes we wanted as the planning process went on and so helpful to us in choosing our menus. They handled all of our food needs all weekend long and every meal was perfect. They brought me and my bridesmaids food on the morning of the big day, catered our wedding dinner and dessert, and also catered brunch for our guests on the morning after the wedding. It was a foodie's dream.

If you want AMAZING food at your wedding made by an amazing crew of awesome people, do yourself a favor and book Zest It Up!!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Hilary · Married on 05/26/2018

We cannot say enough good things about Zest It Up. They did an incredible dinner (apps, plated salad, amazing buffet, dessert bar and late night pizza!) for our wedding. We still 2 months later hear people saying how incredible the food was. They were incredibly professional, reasonably price and just so wonderful to work with. We really cannot say enough good things about these lovely ladies and would happily recommend them to any couple contemplating them as a wedding caterer.

Thanks again ladies. You helped make our wedding absolutely perfect and we hope to get to work with you again some day!!! :)
    <3 Hilary and Earl

Sent on 07/22/2018

David · Married on 10/28/2017

Samantha - Just wanted to add my thanks for all you did to guide us all through the wedding ceremony on Saturday. You were always right where you were needed and never showed any signs of frustration or anxiety – and that absolutely impacted me as the officiant. I just figured that if you were going to be calm (knowing all you know) then I would be calm too (because I didn’t know any better). Your hard work and attention to all the details and the smooth way that you went about coordinating everything made for a nearly stress-free day for me and I am certain that the Bride and Groom would say the same.

Sent on 11/28/2017

Kristi · Married on 09/30/2017

Zest It Up was the caterer for my daughter's wedding in September. From beginning to the end of the process, these ladies were exceptional. The food was AMAZING! Their suggestions and ideas were spot-on. (We had a buffet and they suggested a family style salad to start so guests could start eating while they were waiting for their turn. Genius!) They even re-created a very special dish (Robin's Chow for you locals) that was delicious! I wish they had a restaurant so I could go back and have their food again whenever I want.

My favorites? ALL. Tri-tip with Chimichurri sauce, Peach Chipotle Chicken (no rubber chicken here!), Caramelized Brussels Sprouts, Bacon-wrapped dates (can't forget the appetizers) and more. I could bathe in the Brown Butter Frosting on the yummy cupcakes. Are you hungry yet? I am! My daughter is allergic to gluten and ALL of the food was gluten free (well, except for the cupcakes - but they gave her a special all-frosting cupcake. Sweet.) Don't hesitate to hire them. 20 stars!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Zest it Up 8

Ali · Married on 08/19/2017

Zest It Up was one of the best decisions I made during the wedding planning process. Sam and Chanda were so responsive and easy to work with. It was an absolute pleasure planning all the details with them! I had one million questions and they were so patient, understanding and detail oriented.
    I don't even know where to begin on the food. Everything was absolutely delicious. Our guests raved about everything and are still talking about the meal to this day, weeks later. The garlic butter in particular was a fan favorite! From the appetizers to the main course, everything was perfectly portioned and not only tasted amazing, but was well presented. They made my vision of a family style meal come true, even the last minute additions!
    I hadn't expected the food to be a highlight of the day, but thanks to Zest It Up, it absolutely was! I couldn't be more thankful and will be recommending them to everyone I know!

Sent on 10/03/2017
    Zest it Up 9
    Zest it Up 10

Lauren · Married on 08/05/2017

These ladies are amazing! The food they made was the talk of the entire wedding. Our guests could not get enough of it! Not to mention that the cupcakes were nearly gone at the end of the night because our guests kept going back for more. It was so good, that after the tasting we made them box up the rest so that I could eat it later! Chanda, Samantha, and their team were so professional and took care of everything! They are also designers so the spread and buffet were soooo beautiful I could have cried! They plated our dinner so my groom and I didn't have to get up to get our food, allowing us more time with our guests. They also boxed everything up so that we could have the left overs after the wedding and then they cleaned up so much that we hardly did anything. I cannot recommend them enough! I would give them 6 stars if I could!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Danielle · Married on 07/29/2017

Thank you Chanda and Sam! We had the most amazing day! We couldn't have imagined our day to have been more perfect! Lee and I as well as all of our guests were blown away by each course, everything was incredibly tasty and looked beautiful!
    Thank you again for all your help, enthusiasm and smiles!
    Lee and Danielle xx

Sent on 08/08/2017

Gisela · Married on 06/03/2017

Samantha is beyond amazing and very knowledgeable. Her help and input was most valuable.

Sent on 06/28/2017
  • Kevin

Kevin · Married on 05/20/2017

My wife and I were married in Atascadero in May 2017 at Portola Inn, and we chose Zest it Up after reading their reviews. Samantha and Chanda were incredibly helpful in helping us plan our wedding, particular since my wife and I didn't have much idea of what we were doing. Stuff like place settings to rent, how many desserts to get, what kind of food to provide was all very useful information to have on hand. We got the classic menu, but they offer many different choices if you want your event/ wedding to have a certain kind of cuisine as well. And the food itself..... Oh my lord everything was bomb diggity. Inventive hors d'oeuvres, filling and tasty entrees and sides (with a ton of leftovers that I AM STILL EATING to this day), and delectable desserts throughout. I wish Zest it Up was a restaurant that served regular meals because I would come here all the time, it was so tough just to pick three out of the selection of appetizers and two out of their amazing entrees, I want to try them all! Plenty of vegetarian options for guests as well!

We live about 3 hours away from Atascadero, but despite this distance Zest it Up was great at keeping us updated and working with us through the planning process through email. There was even a few last minute panic moments where we didn't have serving trays or utensils, and they helped us out as well, even going so far as to providing them for us. I can not thank them enough for catching this last minute hiccup in our plans, but they were attentive and on top of things throughout. Even during the actual wedding day when we found out our guest's tables were too small to allow these serving dishes, they switched over the buffet mode without any issue whatsoever. These caterers are awesome!

I will whole heatedly recommend Zest it Up for anybody looking to cater a wedding or special event along the central coast, and you should definitely pay them a visit if you are looking for somebody to cater food for your special day!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Cecily · Married on 04/29/2017

We used Zest It Up to cater our daughters wedding at Holland Ranch on 4/29/17. They did a fantastic job! The food was delicious, they offer so many choices! Samantha and Taylor were so easy to work with, last minute changes, lots of questions, they always were friendly and professional! I also had them make food for brunch the next day! I would highly recommend them to cater any event you may have! Thank you! Cecily Summers

Sent on 05/15/2017

larry · Married on 04/08/2017

Perfection at every level. The tasting was a home run. Sam and Chanda made us feel comfortable and confident that they could take care of everything. Hands on approach, amazing high quality food, outstanding execution by them and there team. The best catering experience ever. Zest It Up nailed rehearsal dinner for 60, wedding for 210, and sunday brunch for 60. And they did so with class, personal attention, humor, and ridiculous food. Can I give more than 5 stars??

Sent on 04/22/2017

Shani · Married on 12/18/2016

I could not be happier about my experience working with Zest It Up for my wedding! I was planning from out of town and was able to organize pretty much all of the details via email and phone...Sam was awesome in her responsiveness! We chose our menu fairly early on but made a lot of adjustments along the way, and Zest It Up was extremely accomodating, professional and easy to work with. We always had up-to-date estimates and knew exactly where we stood in the process. They helped me figure out ways to best fit our budget and our crowd, and just generally went above and beyond! Knowing we might not make it to the appetizers station, Sam made us a plate and brought us a selection so we wouldn't miss out as we were busy greeting people! That is just a small example of the excellent service we received. Our guests raved about the food and we thoroughly enjoyed it all. The reception area was set up beautifully and the servers/bartenders were phenomenal! I highly recommend the ladies of Zest It Up to anyone needing caterers or designers for their upcoming wedding.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Nina · event on 10/29/2016

Love Zest It Up!! Any time I have the opportunity to recommend or use them for my own events, I do. They are all fun, sweet and very professional. Not to mention the food is awesome!! This event was an appetizer style dinner and our guests raved about how great the food was especially the sliders. Thank you again for a job well done!!
    Nina Hamilton-Wilber

Sent on 11/01/2016

Amy · Married on 10/01/2016

We had a wonderful experience with Zest It Up! We loved Sam and Chanda immediately when we did a menu tasting several months before our wedding. All their food is so fun and fresh, and they have awesome suggestions and were always willing to answer any questions I had as we were planning the day. We got a TON of compliments on the food from our guests-- especially the amazing chimichurri steak! Cupcakes were also a big hit! The entire staff was incredibly professional and everything went perfectly smooth. Love love love these girls!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Michaela · Married on 09/21/2016

I have had the privilege of working alongside Chanda and Samantha over the last 2 years, witnessing all of the incredible moves they make to pull of the most spectacular events. Everything from preparing the most mouth watering foods that are as gorgeous as they are delicious, to creating last minute floral arrangements (even when they were not the hired florists). These women prove to go above and beyond the expectations of their clients taking care of whatever needs to be done in order for the event to go smoothly, and... without even being asked to do so! They have a keen eye and attention for detail that allows for brides to truly be able to relax. When deciding who I wanted to cater my own wedding in Big Sur this fall, I knew that my own special day would be complete with zest. Ariel, Chanda and Samantha traveled for the event prepared with all the bells and whistles to pull of my intimate 50 person wedding. I have had so many people go out of their way to call me and tell me how phenomenal the food was. And it was! I actually got to eat on my wedding day! I am so happy with my choice and I am so proud of all these women have accomplished. They are truly a business with a huge heart at the center of it. They care for their clients and care about their craft. It was a very special privilege to have them cater my wedding day.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Meggan · Married on 08/19/2016

From the planning process to full execution, these girls are the epitome of professionals and rockstars. My husband and I knew we wanted killer food and we went to the right people. The prime rib was PERFECT and the service was above and beyond. I would highly recommend hiring them for any event.

HUGE thank you to Sam and Chanda and the team. You made our wedding day stress-free and delicious.

One final thing, the dessert was AMAZING. I highly recommend the hummingbird cupcakes, out of this world.....

Sent on 09/06/2016
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/11/2016

Zest it up has some of the best food I've ever tastes. They were so amazing at my wedding last night that I am reviewing them the morning after my wedding! They brought more than enough food for everyone so we got a chance to take leftovers home. Every single guest was raving about their food!! Most importantly Sam and chanda really worked with us to keep the food in our budget. Thank you girls for making our evening amazing.

Sent on 06/12/2016

The Zest girls are awesome! They were so flexible and accommodating! When we went for the consolation, I feel in love with them! They also gave us great recommendations for other vendors in the area since we did not live out there. Besides being adorable, the cupcakes and nibbler platter were amazing! Everyone at the wedding loved everything! Thanks Sam and Chanda!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Amy · Married on 05/21/2016

I absolutely loved working with Zest It Up for our wedding last month. The owners Sam and Chanda are two of the most kind, genuine and personable people we met during our wedding planning process. They were so accommodating and always responsive to our questions. We met with them twice for our wedding menu tastings and we had a hard time making our selections because all their dishes were so tasty! They offer a diverse menu ranging from American comfort food, Italian, Asian, and Mediterranean (just to name a few!). They can also do plated, family style, and buffet for dinner service. Per their suggestion, we opted for family style because its more interactive at the dinner table and our guests loved it!

Zest It Up also provided all the desserts for our amazing dessert table and did all the set up and decoration. Our dessert table featured their brown butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, salted caramel cheesecake and a variety of mini cupcakes. Our guests could not stop raving about the delicious food and desserts. One of the highlights of their catering service is that Zest saved a huge tray of our wedding leftovers and packed it up for us. They also saved the top tier of our wedding cake. Since we barely had the time to eat during our wedding (as expected for the bride and groom), my husband and I were able to relive the wedding at home and enjoy the yummy food days after the wedding. So awesome!

If you are looking for a catering and bartending service that goes above and beyond, I would absolutely recommend Zest It Up. The entire staff went out of their way to ensure our guests needs were being met. Their food and service are fantastic and I am confident you will be impressed!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Kristin · event on 05/06/2016

Zest It Up planned the perfect event from Welcome Baskets to Treats for the Road! Simply provide a theme and they will bring it to life. Guests were greeted with a smile and quickly served mouth watering appetizers and custom cocktails. The evening continued by THE BEST family style dinner that had both children and adults fighting for seconds. They also planned a night of entertainment with poker for the adults and adorable crafts for the kiddos. Don't forget the Popcorn Bar, Baked Goodies, S'Mores Station and Coffee Cart. Our Tasting Room was transformed into an elegant evening full of laughter and memories. Thank you, Zest It UP!!!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Nichole · Married on 04/30/2016

We LOVE Sam & Chanda, this pair was the perfect touch we needed to make our wedding experience flawless. We come from a big Italian family and food is the most important thing for us, the meal choices are so good it took us weeks to narrow down the menu. They catered our rehearsal dinner and the pasta bar was a delight! For our wedding, not only did we have cleared plates the entire desert bar was gone in minutes! Their meals are full of great taste and made with love, these girls have a passion that cannot be denied. To end the night we had a late night snack of several pizza combos which were devoured, guests are still telling us its the BEST pizza they have ever had. I highly recommend Zest it Up we loved these girls the minute we met them, they are so helpful and willing to do what will be special to you on your big day. Thank you times a million, you two rock! XO

PS- They made a special naked cake for us, it was AMAZING and so beautiful!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Nina · Married on 04/17/2016

Everything was amazing!!!! You were excellent I could not of asked for anything more. Any ideas I had they made sure it was executed perfectly. They made sure everything ran smoothly and that my day was absolutely wonderful!!!!! I do not know what I would have done without them. It was a truly amazing day and I owe it to them.

Sent on 04/20/2016