Zest Fresh Pastry, LLC Reviews

Zest Fresh Pastry, LLC 4
Zest Fresh Pastry, LLC 5

Emily · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing Cupcakes

We chose to do 4 different types of cupcakes for guests, with a small cutting cake for pictures. From the cake tasting before hand to setup the day of, I highly recommend Zest. They have a variety of classic and unexpected flavors combos, and they are all amazing. All of the cupcakes were gone after our wedding!!

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Savannah Chicano · Married on 08/24/2019

Highly recommend

Emailed back and worth without Gabriella. Which worked best for my fiancé and I. She was prompt and friendly. Called to make a deposit which only took seconds.

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Jen

Jen Wing · Married on 07/13/2019

Cake that dreams are made of

Zest is a no brainer for wedding cakes. Despite wanting a nontraditional cake, with only 2 layers and a bit funky, Gabriella supported my vision and absolutely nailed it. And the cake was DELICIOUS. Mmmmm. Highly recommend the Champagne flavor.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Colleen · Married on 06/29/2019

Gorgeous AND delicious!

It was a delight to work with Gabriella from Zest. My husband and I love cake, so choosing a bakery wasn't an afterthought — we were serious about choosing someone who could create something beautiful and with great flavor. We opted for a naked cake with layers of lemon cake with lemon curd and "American frosting" (I love sweet, and she obliged) which was topped with lemon buttercream and gold foil. I also sent her a figurine of our dog, which she positioned at the bottom layer and make it look like he was nibbling from the cake. I plan to order future anniversary cakes from Zest!

Sent on 07/25/2019
    Zest Fresh Pastry, LLC 6
  • Heather

Heather Planchon · Married on 06/29/2019

Delicious Desserts!

If you are looking for an amazing business run by wonderful people with even more wonderful desserts, Zest is your place! Our cake was not only beautiful, but absolutely delicious! We went with champagne cake with a strawberry mousse and have gotten countless compliments on how yummy it was! We also ordered Zest's cookies for our dessert table (chocolate chip, peanut butter, and oatmeal coconut butterscotch) and they were outstanding! Highly recommend Zest for your wedding in the Mystic area!

Sent on 07/31/2019
    Zest Fresh Pastry, LLC 7
    Zest Fresh Pastry, LLC 8

Elizabeth · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Zest was incredible to work with! We loved their cake so much at the tasting for our wedding cake that we decided to also order one for our rehearsal dinner too! We are still getting complements on how delicious the cake was, especially the raspberry mousse filling! Our wedding cake was also stunning- it exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Christopher Williams · Married on 11/18/2018

Perfection from start to finish

The team at Zest went above and beyond on short notice to design out cake to our exact ideas and specifications. From tasting day to delivery, we knew we had nothing to worry about. Beautiful and delicious! Many thanks!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/21/2018

Loved Zest

Zest provided our pretty wedding cake on 10/21/18. The owner, Gabriella, was phenomenal from start to finish. The cake was so delicious and everything we had hoped it to be. The service and delivery that Zest provided was flawless. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 02/18/2019
    Zest Fresh Pastry, LLC 9

Brianna · Married on 09/15/2018

Great Experience & DELICIOUS cake!

We found Zest through our caterer and we're so glad that we did! The whole experience was wonderful. My husband and I were planning our wedding from across the country, so we wanted to try and do our food and cake tastings on the same weekend. When I called Zest to make an appointment, I explained our situation to Gabriela. She was so sweet and was able to work it out so we could do our cake tasting the same day we had our food tasting scheduled.

When we got to the bakery, Gabriela greeted us with a big smile and brought us over to the most darling setup with coffee and a plate of individually baked cupcakes and fillings in the flavors we wanted to try.. heaven! They were honestly all so good, I don't think we could have gone wrong.

We sat down with Gabriela afterwards to discuss flavors, decorations and details of our big day. She made it all so easy, we didn't have to think about it again after we left the bakery that day! The only thing I could think about was that I couldn't wait to eat it :)

On our wedding day, the cake was exactly how I envisioned it. It was simple and beautiful and it was hands down the best wedding cake I've ever eaten!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Melissa · Married on 09/15/2018

Great customer service - dont skip out on the chocolate whoopie pies!

We used Zest Fresh for our wedding in nearby Mystic, CT in mid-September 2018. We reached out and coordinated through Gabriella with relatively short notice and she couldn't have been more helpful and flexible. We ended up doing an assortment of small desserts like macarons, cupcakes, and whoopie pies - they were all amazing but the latter was a real standout! She was very warm and calming during the tasting when we discussed logistics etc - not to mention hospitable with the cutest setup in their bakery for the actual sampling. Things went off without a hitch on the big day with a beautiful display that resulted in multiple compliments from our guests! Not a single negative thing to say.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Andrea · Married on 09/15/2018

Incredible Groom's Cake!

I worked with Gabriella at Zest to create the most perfect surprise groom's cake for my now-husband at our rehearsal dinner. I found a photo of an edible sailboat perched on top of a round sea-like cake and Zest was able to recreate it perfectly. To boot, the cake was DELICIOUS. The design process, ordering and communication were seamless. I highly recommend Zest. Thank you, Gabriella!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Nicole · Married on 08/11/2018

Our cake was so beautiful and delicious!!!!! I am just so happy we were able to work with Zest. It was an amazing experience and I can't wait to go back and get more goodies!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Marissa · Married on 08/03/2018

Gabriela and her team were a dream to work with! We loved her from day 1. Thanks to her, our tasting was one of the most fun experiences that we had together during the planning process. Seeing our wedding cake exactly how we had envisioned it on our wedding day was truly the icing on the cake (pun intended). It’s been a week since our wedding and our guests continue to tell us how delicious our cake was and how pretty it looked. We loved it so much that we are planning to ask her to make a similar cake for our first anniversary next year!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/05/2018

Gabriella helped us create the perfect cake for our wedding day! It was not only beautiful but was one of the best tasting cakes we've had! All of our guests raved about it. Thank you Zest!

Sent on 05/15/2018
    Zest Fresh Pastry, LLC 10

Mimi · Married on 10/29/2017

Gabriella at Zest is an angel! We decided the month before our wedding to have a cake after my MIL insisted. Gabriella immediately set up a tasting for us with perfect Fall flavors as well as some flavors we hadn't thought about. Everything was delicious and she was extremely patient when we were a bit indecisive in selecting a flavor. The cake was simple and beautiful and tasted delicious. We also used Zest for favors - mini bags of fall granola. She worked with us on the perfect size for the price we wanted to pay and even did "thank you" tags for us! Cannot recommend enough for all of your sweet needs!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Nadya · Married on 08/26/2017

Our cake was delicious and looked wonderful! Gabriella is very creative, I totally relied on her with the cake design, and it fit our wedding theme and colors perfectly!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/13/2017

We ordered our wedding cake from Zest for our August wedding and it was absolutely wonderful! Gabriella was great to work with and quick to respond to any questions/emails. Our cake was beyond beautiful and it tasted delicious! Thank you!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Brian · Married on 09/10/2016

We both wish Gabriella could make us her delicious creations all the time. The cake tasting was one of our favorite memories from the months of wedding planning. We left saying, “I’ve never had cake so amazing, not to mention wedding cake” - and no wonder, she studied pastry making in France. We had planned on doing more of an assortment of desserts, but after finding Zest we switched it up and got a lot bigger cake. We would definitely recommend Zest to everyone, for wedding and just for amazing local treats.

Sent on 01/02/2017

Chris · Married on 04/22/2017

Loved the chocolate cake base, buttercream, and the strawberry/raspberry/chocolate mousse fillings.
    Presentation and professionalism were great.
    Prices were awesome.

One area for improvement - the Champagne Cake and Vanilla Cake bases were a bit dry.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Monica · Married on 06/02/2018

0.4
      0.5

The worst experience I have had during my travels. The owner Gabriela is simply rude. One of her employees knocks my phone off the counter and cracks my screen and apologizes twice and returns to the owner and tells her I dropped the phone. Refused to make the situation correct. Don’t support a lier and her pastries are not edible at all. Mystic has much better bakeries with honest people.

Sent on 06/14/2018