Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning Reviews

450 | Gwynn Oak, MD

450 Reviews for Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning

Robyn Conway · Getting married on 03/07/2021

Book them now. The best

This company is the best in the business. Every person I dealt with was a consummate professional. I can't leave out the food! It was the best food myself or many of my guests have ever had. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Kathy

Kathy Cadigan · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Excellent choice for my daughter's wedding!

Excellent choice! Great choices for appetizers and dinner menu. Our choices were delicious! Z&G was extremely helpful in the planning and the wedding days staff was so helpful! Especially Matt! They made sure the wedding couple and all the guests has everything they needed. They assisted with the setup and taking down at the end of the night. Nice touch to give the couple a special basket of goodies for them to enjoy later. I would definitely recommend Z&G for any catering event!

Sent on 10/26/2019

Kc · Getting married on 07/10/2020

Amazing service at the Gill/Cook Wedding!!

We recently celebrated our son's wedding and Megan King came in with her staff and worked her magic!! Our families and guests / friends are still buzzing about the excellence in servers and bartenders alike ....the friendliness and professionalism that they all provided our guests was amazing! They truly made our son and his wife wedding day a wonderful experience! :)

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Nageen

Nageen · Getting married on 05/09/2020

Foodie dream come true

Zeffert & Gold Catering is beyond 5 stars! They were the star of our wedding on 11.23.2019 if you are a person like the two of us. We love food! Our guests couldn't stop talking about the service, the staff, and mostly the food. This wasn't your boring sit down wedding this was a wedding with 3 active stations and food all night. The biggest hit to our wedding was the cheese wheel we had at our pasta station. Guests couldn't get over how awesome it was that the chef tossed the pasta in a giant cheese wheel. We didn't have one complaint. I would recommend Zeffert and Gold over an over again!

Sent on 01/03/2020

Rivka Friedman · Married on 04/02/2020

Treated me like family

They were so helpful in planning my daughters wedding. She was planning from out of town and they were always available to help guide us with each and every decision. You are making a mistake by not selecting Z and G as your caterer.

Sent on 05/11/2019
  • Heather

Heather Nornhold · Married on 02/29/2020

Best Caterer!

Zeffert & Gold recently catered our wedding in Baltimore. The food was INCREDIBLE and we received so many compliments from our guests throughout the night. We decided to use food stations during our reception and this worked perfectly to provide a variety of options with minimal lines. Everyone we worked with was extremely friendly and professional. I highly recommend Zeffert & Gold!

Sent on 03/08/2020
  • Karlie

Karlie · Married on 02/22/2020

So incredibly amazing!

I don't even know where to start because there are too many amazing things to say about Zeffert & Gold! Before the wedding, staff (mostly worked with Matt Gold) were always prompt to respond to us. We had a seated dinner with 4 meal options - all were AMAZING and we got SO MANY compliments on the food. They were prompt to arrive at the venue and got everything all set up, it was beautiful! That night the staff were so outstanding, so friendly, so helpful, so professional. I can't say enough good things about them. They thought of things that we didn't even realize needed to be thought about. They always found us to make sure we were doing okay, to see if we needed food or needed a drink. At the end of the night, they backed up a whole bunch of food for us to take home! All the extra apps and meals. They also helped pack out cars.
    I feel like the words don't truly do them justice or our recommendation justice - but seriously we recommend them so so highly. All around, everything single thing was incredible!

Sent on 02/26/2020

Ricky Canello · Married on 02/09/2020

Simply Amazing

This was the best decision we made when planning our wedding. I would use this company again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Jermaine

Jermaine Gordon · Married on 02/01/2020

Amazingly Professional

Zeffert and Gold was amazing beyond words. Iris made us feel like family and we were the only one's they were currently working on. They provided everything and when I say everything I mean everything; we wanted for nothing. Our family and friends are still raving about the food and the service. Zeffert and Gold made our dream come alive. We would highly recommend them hands down.

Sent on 03/02/2020
  • Darlyn

Darlyn Szczepanik · Married on 01/05/2020

Top Shelf Food and Service, Reasonable Price

Nobody forgets the time they go to a wedding and the food is terrible. Not only do they not forget, they talk about how terrible for a very long time afterwards. Well, Zeffert & Gold Catering is the polar opposite of that. They are WOW and AMAZING from day one to day of. Let me elaborate:

We scheduled our tasting with Iris Gold, herself a chef of 13 years, now in sales and service. The food was impeccable, both in presentation, execution, and portion. Iris worked with us to achieve the menu we most wanted for our big day, even coming up with a creative soup which was off-menu (thanks, too, to Bubbie who makes a fantastic matzoh ball). The personal service is like no place else. Expect to be treated like family (you will be).

Pricing was clear and customizable. Anything you want, just ask. It's not a bother or a big deal for Zeffert & Gold. They just make it so without any fuss. They are organized and prepared to make your day exactly what you want and more than you realized it could be for the price. Also, there are no gimmicks or traps in the pricing or contract. You don't have to worry about any pitfalls you might have encountered elsewhere.

On the day of, your venue will be set to the nines, beautifully complimenting your tastes and choices. Zeffert & Gold goes above and beyond to make the details of the day fall neatly into place. They work well with other vendors and venues. Nothing is overlooked. The staff is superbly professional, warm and welcoming. The food is EXACTLY as it was at the tasting. Prepare to be WOWED. You will be having too much fun to eat, but that is okay. Iris sends you home with a massive care package of amazing food. Our care pack lasted us about 3 days. What a relief to not have to cook or buy out as we packed for honeymoon!

My guests raved on about the food on the night of the wedding. Relatives and friends are STILL talking about how good this or that dish was. We are back from honeymoon, and ALSO still talking about our wedding meals from Zeffert & Gold. Pick anything you want on the menu. It's going to be FANTASTIC. When was the last time you could say that about a wedding?

Sent on 01/20/2020

Greg Pawelczyk · Married on 01/04/2020

Great Company, Great Food, and most important GREAT PEOPLE!

I can NOT say enough about this company. They were GREAT!!! We had a very short timeline to get things done and they came through. Megan King was our initial contact and she was great. She stayed in constant communication with us. She was familiar with the venue (Cloisters) and was able to guide us in what would and would not work. The day of staff Ben (Manager), Taylor (Chef), Alli, Deigo, Damon, Rayna, and all of the rest were very friendly. They made sure my wife was calm and spoke with her before her big walkout to make her feel comfortable which I appreciate. My little nephew took a liking to Alli and she went out of her way to make him feel special. He normally takes time to warm up but not with her. She was great! The food, everyone loved the food. GET THE BELGIAN WAFFLE BAR FOR DESERT!! It was the biggest hit, people are still talking about it! I am very thankful for all of the staff that made this day go smooth and without a hiccup. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Fountain · Married on 11/23/2019

Amazing experience

We got married on 11/23/19 and our guests are still talking about how great their meals were at our wedding! The food was absolutely delicious and service was excellent. We have gotten so many compliments about the food. Matt and his staff are truly incredible,-they were so easy to work with, they made it a great experience. GO WITH THEM!

Sent on 01/03/2020
  • Colleen

Colleen Fisher · Married on 11/16/2019

Best caterer in the biz!

This caterer provided an outstanding tasting, great customer service, provided great food, was easy to work with and helped us make our wedding night great. The catering company was wonderful. They attended to our needs (champagne at head table), redirected costs for cancelled guests to other special add ons, provided good feedback in terms of venue spacing, and served delicious food and donuts the evening of our wedding. We couldn't recommend this company more!

Sent on 03/17/2020

Carolyn Anderson · Married on 11/09/2019

Lovely experience!

Working with Zeffert and Gold was a highlight of our wedding planning! We immediately knew that we'd be in good hands with Zeffert upon meeting them for our tasting. A great value in the Baltimore area with tons of local experience. Our guests loved the food and service!

Sent on 02/08/2020
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 11/01/2019

Delicious with outstanding service

EVERY GUEST has raved about how delicious the food tasted! They completely took care of us the entire night and made sure we have drinks food etc!
    Highly recommend, worth every penny!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • skyla

skyla · Married on 10/19/2019

Excellent Service!

We were so happy to have Zeffert & Gold cater our wedding. From the tasting to our wedding day their service was excellent and they made us feel special. Working with Matt Gold was so easy. He helped us through our menu selections and gave sound advice when it came to creating our room layout. And our day of manager Naimah was amazing! Even though we only met once prior to our wedding it felt like we’ve been working with her through the whole process. She made sure our glasses stayed full of our favorite drinks and were very attentive. I’ve worked with Z&G several times before while managing events at other venues and always had a wonderful experience. From the delicious food to their fantastic service, this family-owned business is one to keep an eye out for. Our guests are still raving about the food, especially the crab dip, shrimp and grits, and doughnut bar!! Thank you to the whole Z&G team for making our wedding day special!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan Appel · Married on 10/12/2019

100% recommend!

Our wedding day was the best night of our entire lives, and a lot of it had to do with Zeffert & Gold. The food was AMAZING, the drinks were flowing, and the atmosphere of the party was everything we envisioned and more. I am so grateful for all that Iris did for us. We couldn't have asked for a better turn out!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Emily Boyd · Married on 10/11/2019

Amazing caterer!

We used Zeffert and Gold to cater our wedding at the Museum of Industry in Baltimore in October 2019. They were a dream to work with! Iris was responsive, flexible and so helpful. We continue to receive compliments regarding how wonderful our food was and how smooth the service was. We were blown away by how professional and and efficient they were throughout our night. Their food is delicious too! Z&G was recommended by many people and I would absolutely recommend them for anyone planning an event!

Sent on 10/22/2019

J. · Married on 10/05/2019

The Most Amazing Vendor Ever

From the moment I met Matt Gold when I toured The Assembly Room in April 2018 I couldn't wait to write this review because I knew we had found a true vendor gem with Zeffert and Gold. Hiring Zeffert and Gold was the BEST decision of our entire Wedding Process. First, Matt and his entire staff were super responsive leading up to the wedding answering every last question, helping with details, floor plans, and helping make my entire vision come true. Zeffert and Gold worked so well with my entire vendor team especially our Wedding Coordinator. They were also so familiar with our Wedding Venue despite it being relatively new. THE FOOD! My guests have not stopped raving about the food at our wedding. One guest described the teriyaki salmon as, "salmon that has been touched by God." Another guests said, "the crab drip changed my life." Finally all of our guests couldn't get over how fast and efficient our buffet line went especially with a 180 person wedding. If there is any review that you listen to please listen to me when I say you cannot go wrong with hiring Z&G. They will help your Wedding run flawlessly.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely amazing!

We chose Zeffert & Gold because they were an approved caterer for our venue, which required us to select from a predetermined list. This ended up being spectacular, because the quality of service (and food!) they provided was outstanding. Matt was extremely responsive and helpful with my numerous questions and requests in the planning process, and all of the food was amazing and delicious. The ability to completely customize your entire menu from start to finish is wonderful, and every single thing we chose was so good. They helped us ensure we had vegan and vegetarian food options available for some of our guests, and were able to provide donuts (made fresh on site DURING the reception!!) during the reception for us rather than cake, which was what we hoped for. Imagine your wedding. Now imagine that it smells like donuts. Who could be mad about that?! They were also great at helping me choose linens, tweak my table arrangements last minute, and create signature cocktail options. I was able to request paper straws for our bar to reduce our environmental impact, which they accommodated very easily! Once the wedding was underway, Megan provided my husband and I and our bridal party with snacks and drinks during our photos (absolutely awesome and so thoughtful), and at the end of the night, offered to pack some leftovers up for us to take away as well! I can't recommend Z&G highly enough. Just a stellar experience from start to finish, and working with Matt and Megan was just a dream.

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 10/05/2019

Love Zeffert and Gold!

We had a decent list of caterers to choose from, but we knew Zeffert and Gold were the ones from the start. Iris and her staff did an amazing job customizing our menu and were super accommodating to our guests with allergies and dietary restrictions. The cocktail hour food, main courses and donut machine desert were all delicious! 10/10

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/05/2019

They do not disappoint!

The minute I met with Iris, one of the owners, I knew they were the catering company I wanted for my wedding! The sample menus are super easy to understand, they are very transparent with their pricing as well. We opted for family style, and our guests loved it! We were blown away at the tasting by the food and our guests are still telling me how excellent the Mediterranean Salmon was! Rebecca was our catering manager on site during our wedding, and her and her team did an amazing job with service throughout the entire night. We had a staff member designated to us as the wedding couple so we were catered to all night! They do a phenomenal job with set up, welcome tables, bar set up, dinner service, additional rentals, and clean up. Go ahead and save yourself some time and just book them already!! You won't regret it.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Paul

Paul and Anna Duncan · Married on 10/01/2019

Zeffert & Gold: Delicious Food AND a Dream Team

We are so so so happy we chose Zeffert and Gold!
    The staff was professional, attentive, and personable to us and our guests. We hired Zeffert to lead catering for the evening but what we got was a team of individuals who genuinely cared about us and wanted us to have a wonderful day. We went into this thinking it was going to be a transactional relationship and we were humbled by their kindness, professionalism, and attention to detail as if it was their family's event.
    Here are a couple details to share:

Trial:
    Zeffert was one of three caterers were looked at. They were our mid-price option. They absolutely blew us away with their presentation both in food as well as how they approached the conversation. We chose a venue with a small kitchen (not for catering) and they were upfront with how they approach catering in this space and what they needed. This is key in avoiding confusion and challenges in the months leading up to a wedding. Our venue staff also enjoys working with them.

Planning and Communication
    Elaine and her team answered all of our emails within hours. They provided resources for helping us make decisions, lending us their experiences from other weddings, and were an overall support team as we navigated this journey.

The Big Day
    SO MANY of our guests complimented us on our caterer!
    I have never personally walked away from a wedding wanting to tell the couple how much I enjoyed the food.
    From our perspective (and taste buds), the food we had on the day was how it was presented at the trial. We were so impressed with how attentive the staff were to us as the bride and groom. We always had food and drinks available for us and a staff person waiting on us throughout the entire evening.

My husband and I did not have a worry in the world on our special day and we give a lot of credit to Zeffert and Gold for making this a dream for us!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Emily · Married on 09/27/2019

All around all stars

My husband and I had the pleasure of having Jayne and her team cater our wedding. The food and service were absolutely superb.
    Jayne and her team made sure everyone was comfortable. They even had a personal attendant assigned to me (the bride).
    Payton went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed, I always had water, drinks and food. Her service was impeccable.
    Besides having an amazing team, Zeffert and Gold provided the best food! Our wedding food was buffet style which was a great option!
    Thank you to the whole team that helped make our night flow smoothly and effortlessly.

Sent on 09/28/2019

Jacquie · Married on 09/20/2019

Best caterer out there

Zeffert and gold was amazing. They are very responsive, answer all of your questions promptly, work with your budget as best they can, and give you respectful recommendations. They are easily the best priced caterer for events like weddings in my opinion. They are so easy to work with and make you feel comfortable with the planning process. People are still telling us how good our food was, and I am still craving the food we had at our wedding (we ate every single thing that was served because they made sure we ate, they made our plates for us including horderves!)

Sent on 10/16/2019