Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning Reviews

Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning 6
Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning 7

Robyn Conway · Getting married on 03/07/2021

Book them now. The best

This company is the best in the business. Every person I dealt with was a consummate professional. I can't leave out the food! It was the best food myself or many of my guests have ever had. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/19/2019

Rivka Friedman · Getting married on 04/02/2020

Treated me like family

They were so helpful in planning my daughters wedding. She was planning from out of town and they were always available to help guide us with each and every decision. You are making a mistake by not selecting Z and G as your caterer.

Sent on 05/11/2019

Ricky Canello · Getting married on 02/09/2020

Simply Amazing

This was the best decision we made when planning our wedding. I would use this company again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/04/2019

Greg Pawelczyk · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Great Company, Great Food, and most important GREAT PEOPLE!

I can NOT say enough about this company. They were GREAT!!! We had a very short timeline to get things done and they came through. Megan King was our initial contact and she was great. She stayed in constant communication with us. She was familiar with the venue (Cloisters) and was able to guide us in what would and would not work. The day of staff Ben (Manager), Taylor (Chef), Alli, Deigo, Damon, Rayna, and all of the rest were very friendly. They made sure my wife was calm and spoke with her before her big walkout to make her feel comfortable which I appreciate. My little nephew took a liking to Alli and she went out of her way to make him feel special. He normally takes time to warm up but not with her. She was great! The food, everyone loved the food. GET THE BELGIAN WAFFLE BAR FOR DESERT!! It was the biggest hit, people are still talking about it! I am very thankful for all of the staff that made this day go smooth and without a hiccup. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan Appel · Married on 10/12/2019

100% recommend!

Our wedding day was the best night of our entire lives, and a lot of it had to do with Zeffert & Gold. The food was AMAZING, the drinks were flowing, and the atmosphere of the party was everything we envisioned and more. I am so grateful for all that Iris did for us. We couldn't have asked for a better turn out!!

Sent on 10/16/2019

J. · Married on 10/05/2019

The Most Amazing Vendor Ever

From the moment I met Matt Gold when I toured The Assembly Room in April 2018 I couldn't wait to write this review because I knew we had found a true vendor gem with Zeffert and Gold. Hiring Zeffert and Gold was the BEST decision of our entire Wedding Process. First, Matt and his entire staff were super responsive leading up to the wedding answering every last question, helping with details, floor plans, and helping make my entire vision come true. Zeffert and Gold worked so well with my entire vendor team especially our Wedding Coordinator. They were also so familiar with our Wedding Venue despite it being relatively new. THE FOOD! My guests have not stopped raving about the food at our wedding. One guest described the teriyaki salmon as, "salmon that has been touched by God." Another guests said, "the crab drip changed my life." Finally all of our guests couldn't get over how fast and efficient our buffet line went especially with a 180 person wedding. If there is any review that you listen to please listen to me when I say you cannot go wrong with hiring Z&G. They will help your Wedding run flawlessly.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely amazing!

We chose Zeffert & Gold because they were an approved caterer for our venue, which required us to select from a predetermined list. This ended up being spectacular, because the quality of service (and food!) they provided was outstanding. Matt was extremely responsive and helpful with my numerous questions and requests in the planning process, and all of the food was amazing and delicious. The ability to completely customize your entire menu from start to finish is wonderful, and every single thing we chose was so good. They helped us ensure we had vegan and vegetarian food options available for some of our guests, and were able to provide donuts (made fresh on site DURING the reception!!) during the reception for us rather than cake, which was what we hoped for. Imagine your wedding. Now imagine that it smells like donuts. Who could be mad about that?! They were also great at helping me choose linens, tweak my table arrangements last minute, and create signature cocktail options. I was able to request paper straws for our bar to reduce our environmental impact, which they accommodated very easily! Once the wedding was underway, Megan provided my husband and I and our bridal party with snacks and drinks during our photos (absolutely awesome and so thoughtful), and at the end of the night, offered to pack some leftovers up for us to take away as well! I can't recommend Z&G highly enough. Just a stellar experience from start to finish, and working with Matt and Megan was just a dream.

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Paul

Paul and Anna Duncan · Married on 10/01/2019

Zeffert & Gold: Delicious Food AND a Dream Team

We are so so so happy we chose Zeffert and Gold!
    The staff was professional, attentive, and personable to us and our guests. We hired Zeffert to lead catering for the evening but what we got was a team of individuals who genuinely cared about us and wanted us to have a wonderful day. We went into this thinking it was going to be a transactional relationship and we were humbled by their kindness, professionalism, and attention to detail as if it was their family's event.
    Here are a couple details to share:

Trial:
    Zeffert was one of three caterers were looked at. They were our mid-price option. They absolutely blew us away with their presentation both in food as well as how they approached the conversation. We chose a venue with a small kitchen (not for catering) and they were upfront with how they approach catering in this space and what they needed. This is key in avoiding confusion and challenges in the months leading up to a wedding. Our venue staff also enjoys working with them.

Planning and Communication
    Elaine and her team answered all of our emails within hours. They provided resources for helping us make decisions, lending us their experiences from other weddings, and were an overall support team as we navigated this journey.

The Big Day
    SO MANY of our guests complimented us on our caterer!
    I have never personally walked away from a wedding wanting to tell the couple how much I enjoyed the food.
    From our perspective (and taste buds), the food we had on the day was how it was presented at the trial. We were so impressed with how attentive the staff were to us as the bride and groom. We always had food and drinks available for us and a staff person waiting on us throughout the entire evening.

My husband and I did not have a worry in the world on our special day and we give a lot of credit to Zeffert and Gold for making this a dream for us!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Emily · Married on 09/27/2019

All around all stars

My husband and I had the pleasure of having Jayne and her team cater our wedding. The food and service were absolutely superb.
    Jayne and her team made sure everyone was comfortable. They even had a personal attendant assigned to me (the bride).
    Payton went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed, I always had water, drinks and food. Her service was impeccable.
    Besides having an amazing team, Zeffert and Gold provided the best food! Our wedding food was buffet style which was a great option!
    Thank you to the whole team that helped make our night flow smoothly and effortlessly.

Sent on 09/28/2019

Jacquie · Married on 09/20/2019

Best caterer out there

Zeffert and gold was amazing. They are very responsive, answer all of your questions promptly, work with your budget as best they can, and give you respectful recommendations. They are easily the best priced caterer for events like weddings in my opinion. They are so easy to work with and make you feel comfortable with the planning process. People are still telling us how good our food was, and I am still craving the food we had at our wedding (we ate every single thing that was served because they made sure we ate, they made our plates for us including horderves!)

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 09/14/2019

Best food in the business!

We worked with Zeffert and Gold for our wedding May 31, 2019. They not only beat our expectations on food, but catered to our needs and preferences. I have received multiple rave reviews about the salmon, pork, and past apps amongst other things. Everything was wonderful and they were super helpful with suggestions to work with. Would definitely hire them again for any event!

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Hinchliffe · Married on 09/14/2019

Great Food

Overall, great food. Matt and team worked with us after hiccup with our previous caterer. Professional, efficient and friendly!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Megan McGeehan · Married on 09/07/2019

Fantastic food and service!

Matt and his team did such an excellent job! He was so easy to work with - answering all of our questions and accommodating special requests. The food was delicious - and service was outstanding. The entire wait staff was very attentive to the bridal party - greeting us immediately after the ceremony with a tray of hors d’oeuvres! Guests are still telling us it was some of the best wedding food they’ve ever had!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Victoria Peele · Married on 09/01/2019

Best Food We've Ever Eaten

Coming from large Italian and Southern families, we wanted to ensure the food at our wedding was top notch. Not only was the food out of this world, but their customer service is the gold standard. Everyone kept going back for more hors d'oeuvres! We recommend literally EVERYTHING on the menu-- seriously you can't go wrong no matter what options you choose.

From the moment we met Matt and tried the buffalo chicken wontons, we knew we had to go with Zeffert and Gold. Their team was quick with email responses, phone calls, and to get us in for a tasting immediately. After booking with them, they followed up with us, ensured we had everything we needed, and even took the time to do a final walk through. They treated us like family.

We wrapped up our wedding 4 days ago and out of the 106 guests, we have had nearly 80% ask us who our caterer was because it was THAT GOOD! Our only complaint is that Zeffert and Gold does not have a restaurant we can visit regularly because their food is delicious.

Thank you for everything, Matt. We are so thankful you and your team were able to be our caterer for our big day. We love you all!

-Luke and Tori Peele :)

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Protzman · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing Catering Company

Matt was so helpful through the entire process of selecting meals, the tasting, making changes to our menu, creating the floor plan for our entire reception, place settings, signature drinks... you name it, Matt was able to help us find the perfect way to make it work! He was so friendly and very communicative. I never once worried about the flow of the evening because I knew that I was in great hands with Zeffert and Gold. Jayne was overseeing our wedding night and she made sure that everything went together flawlessly. She was just as friendly and helpful as Matt! At the end of the night, they sent us home a huge doggie bag of food. You better believe we dug into that as soon as we got to our hotel room! Overall, it was a wonderful experience working with Zeffert & Gold. The staff and the food were awesome. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Robert Tappan · Married on 08/31/2019

Zeffert & Gold - Gold standard!!

Wow! What a fantastic event we just had for our son's wedding at the Accelerator Space in Baltimore! He and his fiance had the majority of the contact with Matt during the planning stages and were very pleased and impressed with his professionalism and attention to detail, and we worked with him for the bar and some other details. Incredibly accommodating and the entire staff was the best! Our server, Lorene, was assigned to the wedding party table and the parents tables..we didn't have to lift a finger! She brought apps & drinks into the ceremony room for those of us waiting for pictures to be taken and took incredible care of us all night long. No detail was overlooked - she even thought of things that we didn't. If you book them, ask for her to work your event! Jayne kept things all track on night long. Rene and the other bartenders we awesome & our guests were raving all night about how great everything was. I'm sure there are other caterers in Baltimore, but you will NOT be disappointed with Matt and his team at Zeffert & Gold.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Anna G · Married on 08/03/2019

One of the best choices we made!

From the beginning Matt and his team were so great, quickly and thoroughly answering emails and questions and helping with the planning, We loved how familiar they were with all of the other vendors in the area and how excited they were to work with everyone (and how excited everyone else was when they got to work with them!
    The day of everything was set up beautifully when we got there and having the bar open for a quick family drink before the wedding was so nice. The food was incredible, rave reviews from everyone and the vegetarians/vegans in particular were thrilled! We felt so truly well taken care of by all of the staff, They took care of anything we possibly could of thought of and a lot of things we didn't even know we needed. The apps in the private room gave us a minute of breather and the left over tray to take home was the best 2 AM meal ever. Matt and Peyton were the absolute sweetest looking out for us, I don't know how they managed to be everywhere all at once but we we're certainly never without a drink and wasted not a single minute worrying, they had everything running so smoothly.

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Sophie

Sophie · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing experience!! Food, service, professionalism, all beyond our expectations!!

My husband and I were blown away by Zeffert and Gold's service on our wedding day. Multiple guests commented on how wonderful the food and service is. It was a fine dining experience and everyone could see how professional Zeffert and Gold's team was.
    Jayne (who was in charge of the day-of service team) really went above and beyond. She answered all of our requests promptly and we didn't have to worry about a thing. Because of Zeffert's team, we were able to truly enjoy our wedding and not worry about a thing.
    We also researched a dozen of catering company beforehand and got quotes from all of them. For Zeffert, you get the most out of your money spent.
    Matt was wonderful from the beginning. His response was prompt and helpful. We truly appreciated working with Zeffert and Gold and would definitely recommend them to newlyweds.
    For your reference, we got married at the Mansion House of the Maryland Zoo on July 20th, 2019.

Sent on 08/03/2019

Louis Karko · Married on 07/20/2019

An A+ from start to finish

Zeffert & Gold catered our wedding and they were amazing. From day 1 it was clear that making our wedding the best it could be was their top priority. The communication was top notch; they kept us updated about deadlines and listened to our concerns and suggestions as the wedding approached. Whenever we sent an email, we got a response the same day. They even incorporated a few family recipes into our menu which was a nice touch.
    On the day of the wedding, the staff went above and beyond. The set-up was perfect, and everything was done on time. The staff was extremely friendly as well. Several guests told us that the staff asked how they were doing and if they needed anything. Every bartender was smiling, made conversation, poured good drinks, and remembered drink orders from round to round. And perhaps most importantly, the food was outstanding. We loved everything that was prepared and received nothing but compliments from our guests.
    Choosing a caterer is an important decision for any large event. We couldn’t have made a better decision than using Zeffert & Gold and we’d highly recommend them to anyone looking for easy planning, a professional staff, and incredible food.

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 07/13/2019

Iris saved our wedding!

Zeffert and Gold catered an incredible wedding for us. Our guests raved about the food - especially the chocolate-raspberry wedding cake.

Even more impressive? They pulled this all off with two weeks notice! Our original caterer went out of business less than a month before the wedding. Though this was a stressful situation, Iris, our event designer, was assuring and completely calm and confident that Zeffert and Gold could still make everything we had envisioned for our wedding happen. We had a delicious and productive tasting with Iris and the chef where we were able to start from scratch and plan everything in one evening. We were so impressed that they were able to include so many personal touches from the signature welcome drinks, to the specific oysters Will wanted, to the custom vegetarian dish, to the insta-worthy cake.

Our event manager, Justina, was the best. She knew what we wanted before we knew what we wanted, and accommodated every request. The wedding went smoothly and was timed perfectly. I could not be happier with the service Zeffert and Gold provided.

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning 8
  • Eloise

Eloise Grose · Married on 06/29/2019

They made everything perfect!

They came recommended by our venue the BMI( also wonderful) and we worked with Matt and Naimah for our big day. From the first email to the end of the wedding they were so easy to work with. Response time on emails was usually within an hour or two(if not immediate), every question and last minute request were given their full attention. They made it feel easy for us!
    In addition to the wonderful service, the food was delightful and unique. While my husband and I eat everything( we had Tikka masala bites, Peking Duck crepes, Pork BBQ Chimmichuri Ribs, Crab Cakes), we have friends and family who are Gluten Free, Vegetarian and Vegan which is not always easy to cater to (especially since we chose not to do special plates, but rather stations.) Matt helped us pick a menu that would work for every kind of eater. A friend of mine who is vegan( but also a foodie) informed me that it was "The best wedding food ever." My biggest complaint is that my parents took all of the leftovers home for themselves! While I had not worked with them before, if I ever have a big event, Zeffert and Gold will be my go to!

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning 9
  • Samantha

Samantha Randel · Married on 06/29/2019

Unbelievably Amazing Caterer!

WOW...we were beyond impressed with Z&G's level of service, responsiveness, flexibility and quality of food at our wedding. We first met Matt Gold at our tasting (which was truly phenomenal), and knew immediately that Z&G was the caterer we wanted to work with. Not only was the food amazing, but Matt was super friendly, professional and down to earth. Also, we were able to have 4 entree selections for our plated dinner for the same price that another caterer quoted us for just 2 selections. Matt was there for our walkthrough a month before the wedding, and was very involved in working with our wedding planner to make sure everything flowed nicely. He even accommodated us wanting to upgrade our flatware a week or two before the wedding. All of the on-site staff was super friendly and went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. We missed cocktail hour for photos, and when we got back to the bridal suite we had a personal tray of apps to enjoy! We both also had drinks in our hands the entire night. All of our guests complimented the quality of the food and service; a few even said they would be using Z&G as a caterer for future events. Z&G was super impressive and was such a big part of why our wedding day was so amazing. Thank you, Matt and team!

Sent on 09/03/2019
    Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning 10
    Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning 11
    Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning 12
    Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning 13
    Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning 14

Alexandra · Married on 06/01/2019

delicious food, wonderful staff

We are thrilled with our experience with Z&G. We worked with Matt, who was responsive, creative, and worked to accommodate our vision in the best way possible. There were so many food options it was hard to pick- but our guests loved everything we chose. We even got to create our own 'honeymoon station' which had Italian and Greek food, inspired by our honeymoon trip. The day of, Z&G staff worked tirelessly to make sure everything was perfect, and especially ensured that the bride and groom ate, and never went without a drink in our hands! We cannot recommend you guys enough- our guests are still raving about cocktail hour...

Sent on 06/19/2019
    Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning 21
    Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning 22
    Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning 23

Kristina · Married on 06/01/2019

One of our best decisions!

Everyone says food is one of the most important parts of a wedding, and they’re right! Using Z&G was such a great decision. Megan was our go to girl from the start; she was so incredibly helpful, friendly and made the entire process fun and easy. (I dare say, while I do not miss wedding planning, I do miss our email chains.) She answered all one million questions I had and had great suggestions when I was torn. We decided to have a [fresh squeezed] orange crush bar at the last minute and they were able to pull it off and it was a hit! All the food was delicious, the drinks were great, the decor was classy and the service was wonderful. All of our guests commented on how great the food was and how big the wheel of baked brie was! We made sure to eat as much as we could at the wedding but they also wrapped up a to-go package for us which was just as delicious the next day. You really can’t go wrong with Z&G.

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Jenn Spangler

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2019

Best in the Business

Zeffert and Gold is the best in the business. We got sooo many compliments from guests on our food (particularly on our mashed potato bar and freshly made donuts!). Their day-of service, from their bartenders to their servers, is also top-notch. We were never without food or drink whenever we wanted it, and our guests told us the same.

Iris was also wonderful to work with leading up to the event. She gave her expert opinion on things, and was open to things we wanted to try. She had the chefs totally customize both a main dish (crab pasta) and an appetizer (watermelon and mozzarella skewers) for us, and we couldn’t have been happier. She also knew our venue very well and helped us decide on the best layout for everything.

Thank you Iris and Z&G for being such a wonderful part of our day!

Sent on 07/16/2019