Zan Guerry Clubhouse Reviews

17 Reviews for Zan Guerry Clubhouse

• MaKayla

MaKayla · Married on 09/27/2020

We are so excited!

We have not officially chosen our venue yet but we went venue hunting this weekend at multiple and this was by far our favorite choice! We met with Maraa and she was so sweet and truly interested in our wedding and the details. From the start she was asking us questions about ourselves and what we liked and was even getting excited WITH us. She really made us feel special and like she was already as invested as we are. She answered every question we had and more so we feel 100% comfortable that the Zan Guerry Clubhouse could be a perfect match for us.

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 10/20/2018

Such a lovely experience from start to finish!!

I just finished up my wedding at the club house and cannot say enough wonderful things about my entire experience! Firstly, the venue really comes alive in the evening. The combination of the river backdrop and all of the twinkle lights, tiki torches and fire pits made for such a romantic yet cozy feel for our fall wedding. Very little decor was needed to take the space and transform it for a beautiful evening event. The flow of the venue worked perfectly for our group as well. There was plenty of space for a cocktail lounge, dinner and dancing! I loved the way everything came together and how the entire evening never felt rushed or stressed while setting up or breaking it down.

Truly, the best thing about this venue is Maraa!! She was kind, helpful and flexible with me the entire process of planning. I came in more than my fair share to walk around and check out the space (unannounced) to help wrap my head around the astethic I wanted and she helped me with suggestions of vendors, floor plans, variations of how the space would work with different lay outs and at no point did she ever make me feel like I was a burden. She was my saving grace towards the end of planning; always returned my calls and emails quickly and helped me up to the day of with details to make my special day that much easier. She was not technically my day of planner but she made sure that at the end of the day, everything came together the way that it should have!

Sent on 10/25/2018
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I had a wonderful experience using this venue for our fall, evening wedding. From beginning to end, Maraa was extremely responsive, helpful, accommodating (we were able to use our dogs in our ceremony!) and made the process very easy. A major plus is that this venue allows you to use all your own caterers and set up/decorate however you desire unlike a lot of other wedding spots in the area! As for the venue itself, it is very classy (especially at night!) and has beautiful views of the Tennessee River from multiple spots in the club house. All of our guests kept commenting on how pretty this venue was; especially the ceremony area down near the water! Overall, we were extremely satisfied with this unique place we chose to say our "I Do's!" and I would not have changed a thing! Thank you Maara and The Zan Guerry Clubhouse!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Emily · Married on 09/03/2017

My husband and I found out that our original venue was closing seven months prior to our wedding date. We were devastated and worried that we would not be able to find another venue. When I contacted Maraa, she was kind, empathetic, and accommodating. She immediately scheduled a meeting to tour and we fell in love with the views. We were so excited about our new venue that we showed it off to our families several times prior to our wedding...Maraa was ALWAYS helpful and made us feel at home.

The beautiful arbor, surrounded by greenery, overlooking the river was the PERFECT scene for our ceremony. The lounge furniture, string lighting, and huge bar also created an amazing atmosphere for our reception. Manker Patten is the best kept secret in Chattanooga!

Sent on 09/26/2017

a · Married on 05/21/2017

Mara was amazing. She helped plan and coordinate. I loved the facility and my wedding was perfect. <3

Sent on 07/31/2017

Deanna · Married on 05/20/2017

My daughter's wedding reception was amazing! The space is beautiful and flexible, and offers many "zones" or areas for guests to enjoy everything from dinner to dancing to enjoying the scenery of Chattanooga and the TN river. Maraa and the staff at Zan Guerry were so helpful and fun to work with. Maraa went above and beyond what is expected from an event coordinator and was so easy to work with! Our guests had a blast - as did the bride and groom. SO pleased that we chose the Zan Guery clubhouse at Manker Patten for this special day.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Robin · Married on 09/17/2016

This venue is fantastic. Guests loved it and staff were wonderful to work with. I highly recommend it.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Hala · Married on 06/18/2016

If you are looking for a river view; The Zan Guery clubhouse is the best value in town! The staff is A+ and helps with custom arrangements of seating, and you can use all their beautiful things. Its very cost efficient as the club needs very little in decorations, its already beautiful. Inside, The locker rooms give plenty of space to get ready with 3 large mirrors and seating and the fireplace would be super cozy in cooler months. Outside, the two levels give wiggle room and an opportunity for different stations. The garden is perfect for a ceremony or in our case gorgeous photos. I want to thank Maraa for helping every step of the way she is so knowledgeable. As I hadn't planned a wedding before, she helped me from beginning to end, even the parts that she didn't provide. That kind of service is rare these days. Thank you for making our day spectacular. We are forever grateful for all your help.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Madison · Married on 10/10/2015

The Clubhouse was very accommodating. They were familiar with many vendors and were able to provide guidance and advice. A great& beautiful location and very easy to work with!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Jenna · Married on 08/01/2015

I loved having my wedding at the tennis club! I worked with Maraa and she helped make my wedding easy! She gave great suggestions and really listened to my needs! My husband and our family really loved the idea that we could be right on the river since we spend most of our time out on the water! Such a perfect venue and with it being in the evening, the sunset photos my photographer captured were just beautiful! I would definitely recommend the Zan Guerry Clubhouse to other brides!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Beth · Married on 07/07/2012

I recently got married in July, and we had our rehearsal dinner on Friday night at Zan Guerry!! Sue was phenomenal to work with, and helped in every way possible! The venue was a perfect place overlooking the river!! And, we couldn't have asked for better weather! We had sticky fingers cater, and used Pete at Silverware affair for bartendinh services! The venue was beautiful, and made for perfect pictures!!! We were so pleased with our choice of Zan Guerry! Thanks Sue for helping make it perfect!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Mary · Married on 09/18/2010

After I got engaged I really wanted to have my wedding and reception downtown by the river. After looking at some locations I saw that The Zan Guerry clubhouse was now open to the public for rentals and the price was great! The pictures in the bridal magazines showed the clubhouse and it was beautiful and the bonus was it was located on the river downtown just minutes from the church. I called Sue to take a tour and it was more beautiful in person even in winter time. By September if was absolutely perfect with flowers and plants and the river was calm. It is nestled by the river and the mountains and bridges in the background. The sunset for our wedding was perfect. A bonus for the men is that there are 4 flatscreen tv's for sports (college football). Sue and Stephanie at the clubhouse were fantasic and very easy to work with. They helped me on the wedding day getting everything organized for the reception and worked with the caterer and other vendors. I do have to say that I had SO many compliments about the location of our wedding and how beautiful it was. The DJ was on the patio and we had plenty of space for dancing and tables/chairs for eating. They had tiki torches and strings of light going around the patio railing and it was just perfect! The have a bar/drink area perfect for serving the guests. It is a very open and flowing clubhouse. They have big 10 ft glass sliding doors that open all the way up so your guests can walk in and out of the clubhouse. I 100% recommend taking a look at The Zan Guerry clubhouse for your event. I would not change a thing about our reception location.

Sent on 09/30/2010

Tracey · Married on 08/28/2010

The Zan Guerry Clubhouse at Manker Patten Tennis Club is THE future, up and coming wedding venue!! If you are looking for an inside/outside wedding venue this is the place for you! There is no other ideal place in Chattanooga. Floor to ceiling windows that actually open-up onto a wrap around patio overlooking the Tennessee River. Dont worry if you are thinking about a summer wedding - you will enjoy an awesome breeze off the river! I had an August wedding there and we danced under the stars on the back patio! Fits 150+ guest comfortably. Plenty of space and tables/chairs. You make this venue yours! They are very flexible with your required time for preparation and decoration ideas. And my guests loved the location! A Hop skip and a jump away from the heart of Downtown Chattanooga and hotels! Contact them!!

Sent on 10/01/2010

Rachel · Married on 08/10/2013

We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding venue! The view is perfect and the space was exactly what we needed for our 50 guests! The staff is amazing! It rained on our wedding day and they were prepared with multiple back up plans. I would Highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 05/17/2018

sara · Married on 04/22/2017

Views are stunning, and the venue has ample parking. Be sure to ask for all of the clubhouse items (trophy's, frames, etc) to be removed if you don't want them visible for your event. Or plan to arrive early to help take them down yourself.

Sent on 06/08/2017

3.5

Such a unique ceremony setting and wonderful open and breezy reception area. Decor is wonderful too! The staff is great at listening to what you want and has fantastic suggestions. The only thing is... you have to rent ceremony chairs, but other than that totally recommend!

Sent on 08/13/2012

Teresa · Married on 04/28/2018

4.2

Excellent service by Maraa! Beautiful river location, close to restaurants, hotels, downtown Chattanooga. Pricing is appropriate. The only negative review: we were told swings and a fire pit would be up for the wedding reception and they weren’t. We also had heaters provided that were not turned on, so a few guests were pretty cold. Overall, we would definitely choose them again! Maraa is the best!

Sent on 05/08/2018