Yummy Goodness Catering Co. Reviews

25 | Virginia Beach, VA

25 Reviews for Yummy Goodness Catering Co.

25 Yummy Goodness Catering Co. Reviews

Reggie · Married on 10/06/2018

We hired this catering company to cater our backyard wedding. We met with one of the owners and she met at our home and basically helped plan everything and we couldn’t have been happier. Their staff was amazing as well as the food. We received several compliments about how great the food and the staff were. You can’t go wrong with hiring this team!

Brian · Married on 09/01/2018

If you are looking for some of the best food ever created to serve at your wedding, then you should call Yummy Goodness immediately. Literally drop everything you are doing and call them now.

The food was insane. Every wedding guest was raving about it and just about every plate was clean. People are still texting me days after the wedding asking about the cheddar biscuit and honey chipotle chicken sliders or the shrimp and cheesy grits. That's not even going into the mac & cheese vs mashed potato bar. Heaven.

Yummy Goodness crushed it and we knew they would, when the food was so good my bride-to-be cried at our tasting because it was the best thing she had ever eaten.

Dana · Married on 09/03/2017

The owner chefs at Yummy Goodness were easy to work with, completely professional, beyond warm and genuine, experienced, and the food turned out to be the VERY BEST wedding food I've ever had! So many of my guests were utterly impressed and were fighting over the last bites of several dishes. My wedding reception was a small, intamite, in-home affair and Yummy Goodness made me feel as if I were hosting a royal ball. Their attention to detail, from the display of the food to the creation of the menu was so heartfelt and amazing that I would reccomend them to anyone for any type of event that needs food. I had a mostly all vegan/vegetarian menu and my guests did not even miss meat! I did have some Kickin' Crab Chowder that was out of this world delicious...so I heard. They also made the day so easy from set- up to break-down. All of the employees were also amazing!!!

Alison · Married on 09/02/2017

Everything was so delicious! And they accommodated both vegetarians, vegans, and my meat eaters.

Melissa · Married on 08/23/2017

Yummy Goodness supplied our wedding food and let me tell you what a great choice we made! They say there are 2 things people remember most about a wedding..DJ and Food. We selected the southern menu with consisted of pulled pork and chicken quarters as well as the shrimp and grits. I still have people commenting on how great the food was. The staff was helpful and courteous. I would highly recommend.

Christine · Married on 07/26/2017

Yummy is the BEST they made my wedding so special. It was such a joy working with the staff and the food was out of this world! My guests were so impressed with the quality of the food and I heard several people say that it was not your typical wedding fare. They are highly recommended!

• Karen

Karen · Married on 03/11/2017

Yummy Goodness did an outstanding job for our Sandbridge wedding in March. Staff were attentive to our guests and the food was delicious! Guests have been raving about the food and said it is the best they have had at a wedding. The presentation was like out of a magazine. Lori was so helpful when deciding on food selection for our special day. The Brisket is a must!

Jeff · Married on 09/11/2016

Wow! What can I say? Lori, Kelly and the whole team were amazing!!! We had chosen Yummy Goodness back in May to cater our wedding and gone to their location to try some food samples back then as well. The food was superb ad meeting them in person was a nice touch as well. After we settled on a menu suited for our needs (Italian family and Southern family), then we kept them up to date with numbers of attendees and what we need to do. They were so accommodating with ideas and suggestions for food and even supplied food for the kids that were downstairs not in the actual wedding. I was worried we weren't going to have enough food or that someone would complain. BUT everyone loved the food and there was plenty of it. Since we were the wedding grooms, we really didn't get to eat much, but we heard from so many people that they loved the food, all of the food - cocktail hour antipasto table, passed hors d'oeuvres and the reception buffet. I would highly recommend Yummy Goodness for any wedding party. Thank you again Lori and Kelly!

Erica · Married on 08/06/2016

Every single item on our menu was out of this wold delicious. Several months after our wedding guest still mention how good the food was. Lori and Kelly were wonderful to work with. Very responsive and accommodating.

• User4720369 · 2+ years ago

A big wow for Kelly & Lori of Yummy goodness catering. To a person, every guest of our wedding celebration this past Thursday said the food was the BEST they had EVER had at a wedding. I can't thank them enough for their help and direction as we had to move our outdoor wedding indoors because of weather. They just made it work. We recommend them highly. The parents of the wedding. <3

Ellen · Married on 05/14/2016

These ladies make delicious food and present it beautifully. I used them for my wedding and for several other occasions, large and small!

Jena · Married on 04/09/2016

Yummy Goodness was awesome! Not only did they cook fantastic food that all my guests raved about, but they were so helpful during the whole planning process. Their whole team went above and beyond to make sure myself and my husband were taken care of on the wedding day! Before the reception began, my venue lost power and Yummy Goodness came prepared with generators and alternative menu options. Luckily power came back on before the party started, still I never had any doubts that the reception and dinner would be amazing! They were like family and I would strongly recommend them to anyone!

The Yummy Goodness Team is beyond a doubt--- OUTSTANDING! You will not be disappointed with their service or their phenomenal food. From the very beginning, Lori and Kelly were flexible, professional, courteous, attentive, and responsive. They made us feel like we were the most important clients they were working with.

Tyler and I chose Yummy Goodness because of their ability to plan and coordinate custom menus for our wedding at a reasonable price. When we went to the tasting, Lori and Kelly rolled out their best and showed us what they are all about—Eating well! They were attentive with our concerns and requests from the beginning. From then we were confident we were making the right catering choice by going with Yummy Goodness.

We had our wedding reception at a Sandbridge Beach home – The Regency. We wanted the event to be intimate and we wanted our guests to RAVE about the food. What Yummy Goodness delivered was absolutely exceptional. From the cocktail hour to the reception, our guests were coming to us and telling us about how impressed they were with the food selection and taste. After all the guests had cleared out and the party had wound down, only our close family was left at the Beach House with us and people broke out the left overs and were arguing over the brisket!!! It was so funny. And yes, the Brisket is AMAZING. Other things on the menu that were raved about were the lemon herb risotto cakes, pecan and panko crusted chicken tenders, and carnitas mini tostadas!!! SO good!

We whole-heartedly recommend you choose Yummy Goodness to cater your events if you want to eat well and impress your guests! They have high standards for quality and service and will exceed your expectations.

Kayla · Married on 02/14/2016

Yummy Goodness is THE BEST catering company in the Hampton Roads area! They were willing to work with my spouse and I long distance while we were out of the country, and we had no difficulties through 8 months of correspondence. The tasting went well, and they were able to answer any questions we had. My spouse and I had a Valentine's Day wedding, and they made an impromptu hot chocolate bar. They are a must have!!

• User6020371 · 2+ years ago

Yummy Goodness Catering was wonderful! They worked with me to make my husband's 50th birthday bash a complete success. The guests were talking about the food for weeks! The entire staff was flexible, helpful, and always responsive to all my questions, concerns, and needs. I will certainly use them again!

• User6241965 · 2+ years ago

Kelly, Lori, and the entire YummyGoodness crew did a fantastic job catering our wedding. From our initial conversations to our one-on-one tasting, we knew that they'd help to make our wedding memorable.

You can see the passion they have for making your event exactly what you want. They listened to what we had pictured for our wedding day and elevated our ideas to create something uniquely ours. Our menu was full of creative and delicious combinations - definitely not the same old food you'll see at every wedding - and was presented beautifully. The staff was friendly and polite - they made sure we had enough to eat and a drink ready whenever we needed it; it was like they'd read our minds.

Every single person we've talked to since the wedding has commented at least once on how wonderful the food was - and they all have a different opinion of their favorite selection.

We've so thankful we made the decision to have our wedding catered by YummyGoodness. They exceeded all of our expectations. P.S. Make sure to ask for the bacon-wrapped tater tots! Delicious!

Tonie · Married on 05/16/2015

Dear Lori and Kelly,

You ladies nailed it. I can not say enough. Searching for a caterer that could create and execute a delicious, locally-sourced, vegetarian menu was a challenge but I knew when we found you that you were the right ones and the food was going to be amazing. You exceeded our expectations. This was the third wedding that my in-laws have hosted in the last couple of years but it was the first that they raved about the food. Even our family and friends who were skeptical about a vegetarian menu said how delicious the food was and many have asked for your information.

Everyone loved the fried green tomatoes and those risotto cakes. The antipasti was stunning and delicious and the pasta bar with all of the different sauces and beautiful vegetables was a huge hit. I love that you were willing to make anything and incorporated those lovely spring vegetable tarts into the menu. All of the food was so beautiful and fresh. Thank you for all of your hard work and for showing our family and friends that vegetarian cuisine can be so delicious. Your professionalism, communication, and guidance throughout the whole process was outstanding. I hope that we will have the chance to ask you to cater for us again soon. Until then I will have to dream about those fried green tomatoes.... Take care. =)

Sincerely,
    Tonie Gresalfi

Jackie · Married on 09/19/2014

I stumbled upon Yummy Goodness Catering while planning our wedding. Every other caterer I spoke w/ seemed so "cookie cutter". The same tired buffets, food selections, setups, pricing, etc. From the moment I first spoke to Yummy to the very end of our reception; they were exceptionally accommodating and attentive (ex: during our reception they continuously tracked us down, brought us food, and asked if we needed anything; because they didn't want us to end up like every other bridal couple that leaves their own wedding hungry). This having been a 2nd marriage for both of us, we knew we didn't want the same ol, same ol. We wanted a Tuscany inspired reception and Yummy Goodness Catering came through in the most impressive of ways. They didn't try to gouge us or nickel and dime us like some of the others. At every corner they steered us right in making decisions, ordering rentals, etc. It's clear just how much Kelly and Lori invest in their clients' wedding experience; this isn't just a job to them, they genuinely do want their clients to have the most memorable day possible. They came up w/ an authentic Italian menu w/in our budget that WOWED our guests. It's a year later and we STILL get calls from friends and family asking for Yummy Goodness Catering's number. We loved them so much that we too continue to call on them for catering all of our gatherings. This women owned company uses only the FRESHEST of ingredients. They bring fun to the grueling wedding planning process; a new and hip version of wedding food; and an attention to detail beyond any measure. I can't recommend them enough!

Linda · Married on 09/06/2014

The food the Yummy Goodness staff prepared and served was great. They were a great team.

• W

William · Married on 05/02/2014

The food and the food presentation was superb, especially the TUNA. The people with the vendor were friendly and easy to work with. They accommodated our every need. The food for the reception was served at the site where we had the wedding - the vendor used the kitchen that was available in the beach home where the entire occasion took place. It was a seamless, professional presentation of food. In attendance from our family was a professional chef from New York and he was oogling about the food for both its quality and presentation.

Ashley · Married on 05/02/2014

For my sister's wedding she asked for my help in finding a caterer. Yummy Goodness Catering was my choice and I am so glad that it was. We are from Indiana and didn't know much about vendors in the area, so I found them simply with a Google search! I was impressed with their photos, menu options, and their quick response when I reached out initially. Once we got down the rabbit hole of choosing a menu, they were flexible and open to adding items that they didn't even currently offer as options! On the day of the wedding, the food was INCREDIBLE. Sesame seared tuna with wasabi was the star for me but there were so many delicious things to choose from. I would recommend them to anyone.

Gail · Married on 03/01/2014

I love this company and the owners, Very Professional and great customer service!!!! by far the best.

Thank you so much for your professionalism and yummy food. Everyone I talked to raved about the food. Kelly , Lori and team even made a point to bring us food... Cause as you know on your wedding day its hard to eat when your talking to everyone. This is a company that pays close attention to details. Joel and I will always be forever grateful of this special memory. Thanks for making it special.

Amy · Married on 08/01/2018

Food was very good and delivered on time! Would definitely recommend!