Your Sweet Expectations Reviews

Your Sweet Expectations 4
Your Sweet Expectations 5
Your Sweet Expectations 6

Barbara · Married on 05/22/2011

I was from Pennsylvania and my husband lives in Santa Rosa. I was lost in knowing who to have for our bakery for our special wedding cake. We choose Carolyn to make our dream wedding cake. The wedding cake resembled our journey into our life together. The cake tasted as beautiful as it looked. It was the most perfect and beautiful master piece I have ever seen. Thank you Carolyn. Barbara & Michael Montgomery.

Sent on 01/04/2012

Catherine · Married on 10/30/2010

I had a wonderful experience working with Carolyn. She was timely with her responses, pleasant, and flexible. We had red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese filling. Our guests were raving about them! I would highly recommend her and her company.

Sent on 12/05/2010

susie · Married on 08/28/2010

Perfect, cake was delicious!.

Sent on 10/05/2010

Tracy · Married on 05/23/2010

This was the best cake I've ever had in my life! We met with Carolyn to do a tasting at her home. We tried the white cake with strawberry filling and the chocolate with almond filling, both with her signature WCCCI (whipped cream cream cheese icing) (the BEST!). We loved them both, and chose those flavors for our cake. About a month or so later, we went to the food tasting at our venue, and Carolyn happened to be there with her red velvet cake and lemon cake. The lemon cake was delicious, but we're not really lemon people. The red velvet? To. Die. For. Absolutely amazing. Right then we changed our order to have the top and bottom layers the red velvet with custard filling, and white cake with strawberry filling for the middle, all with the WCCCI. The cake decoration was absolutely beautiful. It was exactly what I envisioned, and more. I LOVED it. And the flavors were a hit as well! We couldn't wait to save the top layer for our anniversary; we ate it the week following the wedding! We plan to either get a small red velvet cake for our anniversary, or cupcakes.

We loved the cakes and flavors so much, we got both our kids' birthday cakes from Carolyn. We got the white with strawberry for our daughter, in a princess cake (so cute!) and the chocolate with custard for our son (so good!!). The price is right, and we will continue to get our cakes from Carolyn, as well as refer anyone and everyone we know (I've already referred a friend to her for her husband's birthday).

Sent on 09/23/2010

Pamela · Married on 05/22/2005

Carolyn makes the best cakes ever. They are actually delicious as well as beautiful, unlike so many cakes which are made for looking at, and not eating.

Carolyn provided an amazingly beautiful cake at a great value for our wedding day, and now we use her for all the grandkids birthdays and other special events.

She was very flexible and personable, and I highly recommend Your Sweet Expectations!

Sent on 02/04/2015

Your Sweet Expectations's reply:

Thank you Pamela! It is such a pleasure to be of service to you.

Chrissy · Married on 08/06/2016

Let me start by saying that all of Carolyn's cake and filling options were DELICIOUS, so it was hard to choose! During the cake tasting, we got to mix and match several cake and filling choices to see what we liked best. It was a lot of fun! We planned to have a small cake for cutting, and a few flavors of cupcakes for guests. Carolyn was very helpful in helping us with our vision and provided many example pictures to help us decide exactly what we wanted for our wedding. She was very quick to respond via email to my questions throughout the wedding planning process and flexible in making a few changes we requested. The three flavors of cupcakes we ended up going with (chocolate w/ espresso filling, red velvet w/cream cheese filling, and pink champagne w/lemon filling) were a hit with all of our guests. And our red velvet cake was delicious and gorgeous (she decorates with icing only, not fondant so it was tasty!). I would highly recommend Your Sweet Expectations for any event!!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Your Sweet Expectations's reply:

Thank you Chrissy! It was a pleasure!

We had a wonderful experience using my sweet expectations! We did 3 different flavors and each one flew! We received numerous compliments all night regarding the cake!!!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Albert · Married on 07/12/2014

Carolyn makes wonderful cakes at a reasonable price. Her cake decorations were absolutely beautiful and were really tasty. Our wedding cake was devoured by our guests and there was nothing for us to take home.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Your Sweet Expectations's reply:

Thank You! It was a pleasure! I'm delighted you and your guests loved the cake. Very Best to you!

Alisha · Married on 07/12/2014

I am picky when it comes to cakes, I don't like butter cream icing, and I wanted a cake that tasted as good as it looked. Luckily my wedding planner referred me to Carolyn.

Carolyn made us the BEST wedding cake my husband and I and any of our guests had ever had. We had about 140 people at our Sonoma wedding, and our giant 4 tier cake was demolished in minutes. I've never seen an entire wedding cake get eaten before and definitely not that fast. Luckily the caterers squirreled away a few pieces for us to enjoy later. Get the WCCCI icing!

Not only did all three flavors (carrot, chocolate, white cake with fresh strawberries) taste amazing, the cake looked gorgeous, and was beautifully decorated with both icing details and fresh flowers.

Carolyn was great to work with, my Structural Engineer dad was very impressed with the cake assembly the morning of the wedding, and her prices are very reasonable. We can't wait commission an anniversary cake from her in the future.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Your Sweet Expectations's reply:

:) Thank you Alisha! What a treat! Your dad was great too LOL.
    Looking forward to working with you again!
    God Bless

Nichole · Married on 04/29/2011

Oh such a yummy yummy cake! She does an amazing job and her wici frosting is to die for! Not all sugary sweet, just right and looks amazing on a cake! The cake tasting was fun, so hard to choose with all the yummy options! She did a great job!!

Sent on 05/13/2011

Chelsey · Married on 07/04/2015

I did a tasting and loved ALL of the cake flavors and fillings! It was so hard to choose! Can't wait to eat our wedding cake!

Sent on 05/02/2015

Carolyn from Your Sweet Expectations is amazing to work with. She is very sweet and designs beautiful cakes that look like fondant, but taste delicious! We got red velvet with her signature whip cream and cream cheese frosting. It was amazing! We booked her based on the frosting alone, but our cake came out better than we even expected. We had a small wedding, but even with two tiers she used ribbon around the base and a design on each tier using that same frosting. The cake looks beautiful in our wedding pictures and tasted great, we got many compliments from our guests.

Sent on 07/27/2012

Gabrielle · Married on 08/21/2010

Our wedding cake was amazing! Carolyn is a delight to work with and puts so much thought and love into her amazing creations. We met only once to talk about what kind of cake I wanted and I had a picture of it in my head and when I saw it at the wedding it was exactly the cake I had dreamt about! It was so beautiful and delicious! Carolyn's signature WCCI icing is to die for as well. Instead of saving our top layer for our 1 year anniversary, we served it at our post wedding brunch the next day! Why wait a year for more of this amazing cake???!!!
    I cannot recommend Carolyn and Your Sweet Expectations enough. Simply amazing!!!

Sent on 09/04/2010

Katie · Married on 06/11/2016

Our cake was outstanding! Carolyn even went the extra mile to do a non-dairy version for my husband and I to cut for the cake cutting (since he cannot eat dairy). The cake was out of this world delicious!

Sent on 06/16/2016

Your Sweet Expectations's reply:

Thank you Katie! It was an honor.

Julie · Married on 01/14/2012

We had a cake that looked AND tasted amazing. There are half a dozen flavors and fillings. Carolyn has a great and extensive repertoire of styles and color palettes to draw from. No matter what your style or taste Carolyn will make it happen!

Sent on 03/12/2012

Nicole · Married on 10/29/2011

3.0

The cake was great and they were very professional. It looked beautiful and it tasted amazing. I had alot of my quests come up to me after the wedding and tell me how great my cake was. They were also understanding when I made a change a week before the wedding. The only complaint I would have to say is they are kind of hard to get ahold of and they are not great about returning calls. I would still recommend them. The finished product was beautiful and I am happy with how everything turned out.

Sent on 11/27/2011

Carolyn · Married on 08/04/2012

3.4
      2.0
      3.0

Very kind woman and absolutely DELICIOUS cakes. You won't find any better in that area, I tried!

Sent on 08/20/2012

0.8
      0.5

I talked to Your Sweet Expectations. Gave them all the information they could need to get the ball rolling; simple 3 tier with no decorations, butter cream with broad etching design. She gave me a quote and asked for some pictures. That next week I sent her what I wanted and she wrote back with a $100 more to the quote. When I asked why, it wasn't because she thought the design was more elaborate or I added anything extra. The raise in price was because she had quoted me last years prices. It's September, how can you for get what your prices have been for the last 9 months!?! She gave me an option that would meet the price she originally quoted but it was going from 3 tier to 2 tier. Why do I need to lose what I want because she can't stand by her original quote. I didn't appreciate this just weeks before my wedding with everything else I'm dealing with. Not a great start to a business relationship. Needless to say I found a new bakery that was happy to squeeze me into their schedule and has made this cake business seamless and stress free.
    Responsiveness wasn't ideal either. I called and left a message and after not receiving a call back after a week, I called them again. She replied she got my message but didn't have a chance to call me back, a week and no time to call a potential client. Guess they didn't really want my business from the start.

Sent on 09/20/2016